PDA

View Full Version : Question over Bangladesh's test status

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 08:31 AM
I was chatting with a friend from Australia who holds a position the cricket board there. He was telling me that some of the officials were chatting over the current game and were of the opinion that Bangladesh should be stripped off the test status for now. I wonder how long will it take before the opinion becomes official and ICC starts getting pressure.

Non-aisan ICC members have been alerted with south Asia's dominance lately. With as many as four members, south Asia is emerging as the strongest region. They cant do anything about BCCI for obvious reasons. PCB has been on the receiving end. Srilanka has been the worst victim of racism. But the softest target is Bangladesh.

Unless Bangladesh raises the level of games, a question on its test status is likely. Its the second test in a row in which Bangladesh has allowed as many as four centuries in one innings. Getting out cheaply on the same surface does not add any credibility to the batting either. Srilanka has been doing great lately, but India was in a poor form when they were allowed to play like champions. Its high time for BCB to do something. Else if the question is asked, they wouldnt have enough cushion to fall back on.

capslock
June 26, 2007, 08:39 AM
If those were the standards the West Indies should have been stripped of their status a long time ago.

Go_Bangladesh
June 26, 2007, 08:53 AM
You really have to understand. We have actually come down in standard in test cricket. Before our 13 month break from test cricket, Bangladesh were not so bad, we had won many sessions against strong teams (remember Pakistan, India and ofcourse Australia). Our latest dip in form is due to the lack of test cricket and once we start playing test on a regular basis like before, add to that the addition of some new players and removal of average players, we will be a much better side. What I am trying to say is that its not that Bangladesh have not improved in test cricket. We were like this during our initial days but improved a lot since. Our recent dip in form is due to lack of cricket. We have shown a lot of promise in test cricket and given matches we will shine again like before.

Miraz
June 26, 2007, 08:57 AM
A news with some friends chatting about the Test status should not be used to open a thread.

Bangladesh's performance will raise questions and have raised before. It's nothing new, Bangladesh will overcome these tough period, I have no doubt in it.

2nd Day of a 3 match Test series is not the ideal time to start the bandwagon.

SS
June 26, 2007, 08:57 AM
If those were the standards the West Indies should have been stripped of their status a long time ago.
Agree with capslock, but the issue is more major and not just stripping of test status. The concern is the rise of cricket of south asian nations obviously creating imbalance of cricket authority power. Anyways, long story short and putting in nice words, there will be observation on the progress of 'developing cricket nations'(e.g. BD, ZIMB,KEN etc.), curtail lots of matches against top teams in order to preserve the international cricket standard. If we play two to three test in a year that should be enough to preserve the standard and give us a 'way to progress and move forward'.

Rabz
June 26, 2007, 09:00 AM
A news with some friends chatting about the Test status should not be used to open a thread.

Bangladesh's performance will raise questions and have raised before. It's nothing new, Bangladesh will overcome these tough period, I have no doubt in it.

Very well said Miraz bhai.
Its only a year ago we came agonisingly close in defeating Australia, and if the 2nd day of the test match was anything to go by, we would have won the match.

This is a direct result of not playing test match for over a year.

cover_point
June 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
Relax. If ICC goes onto grant and deny test status like that, it will discourage many of the Associate members and the game will never expand as the ICC wishes. As long as SL is a member of the ICC, it will always stand by BD and support it's status.

syzygy
June 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
its only when u perform badly that these questions are raised. i dont think bd should be stripped off their test status based on their last 2 performance, however I dont like to see those records by vaas and gillespie too. i wish ashraful only keeps his promise which he made before he left bd.its time to put words into action.

Ahmed_B
June 26, 2007, 09:07 AM
some of the officials were chatting over the current game and were of the opinion that Bangladesh should be stripped off the test status for now.
And they already forgot AUS's 5-day nerve-breaking thriller against BD in early 2006, where Ponting had to play the innings of his life to save face?

I wonder how long will it take before the opinion becomes official and ICC starts getting pressure.
This 'wondering' thing has been going on (among external observers) since the very first year of BD's test debut. It will remain ongoing for ever... as it appears.

Ehsan
June 26, 2007, 09:12 AM
I have only few words for you: Just wait 4-5 years more till we start beating the big boys in Test cricket regularly.

akabir77
June 26, 2007, 09:14 AM
who cares what your friends think. tell them they r not in power any more...

Ganguly da
June 26, 2007, 09:15 AM
I have only few words for you: Just wait 4-5 years more till we start beating the big boys in Test cricket regularly.

Hopefully players will keep that in mind

Ganguly da
June 26, 2007, 09:20 AM

This is probably a knee-jerk reaction from the disappointment, but you have to accept the fact that these chats have been doing rounds everywhere, especially after BD's performance in last 2 test matches and this one. You don't need to come down hard on the thread-starter....he's just stating what's out there. Hopefully things will get better for BD and everyone here is praying for that.

It's not about raising questions, its about the questions that are being raised are being confirmed by the performances as time goes by

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 09:25 AM
ditto

al Furqaan
June 26, 2007, 09:28 AM
This is probably a knee-jerk reaction from the disappointment, but you have to accept the fact that these chats have been doing rounds everywhere, especially after BD's performance in last 2 test matches and this one. You don't need to come down hard on the thread-starter....he's just stating what's out there. Hopefully things will get better for BD and everyone here is praying for that.

It's not about raising questions, its about the questions that are being raised are being confirmed by the performances as time goes by

as time goes by, eh?

thats another point...bangladesh are notorious slow learners when it comes to test cricket (and i'd say we've done a fair job given the situation at hand).

so often, we start a series off poorly, then get into the thick of things after a while.

england series 2005, remember 108 all out? thats not a far cry from the current 89 all out...but by the 4th innings of our series (the last innings in 2 test series), our boys managed to score 300.

given the number of caps some of our key players have (10 for rajib, 3 for sakib, 2 for razzak), its not surprising we find our self in teh situation we are in. most teams A teams players have more test caps that our stars. after a 13 break they will struggle. hence the india and SL test match debacles.

i gurantee the matches will be more competitive come the 3rd test of this series.

SS
June 26, 2007, 09:32 AM
hopefully your players would have that in mind while playing test matches 4-5 yrs from now and not give batsmen like Chaminda Vaas....a century!
are you a well-wisher? Currently we are discussing something important about improvement and trying to seek cosolation for our battered soul...this comment will invoke unnecessary sentiment.

Omio
June 26, 2007, 09:32 AM
Dont believe the Auusis, the r racist...
and dont care wht other people say about us,

Ganguly da
June 26, 2007, 09:44 AM
are you a well-wisher? Currently we are discussing something important about improvement and trying to seek cosolation for our battered soul...this comment will invoke unnecessary sentiment.

sorry, I edited that. Didn't mean it to come out that way

shujan
June 26, 2007, 09:46 AM
Another bull crap thread.

DJ Sahastra
June 26, 2007, 09:47 AM
I agree with Miraz - it is only 2 days. Lets see how the rest of the series goes.

On a personal note, i am extremely disappointed. BD team is not improving at all in the longer version. If not for a certain Mr. Mashrafe, the team would looks nowhere close to any international standard.

I wonder if the blame lies on the selectors or the players themselves. I have seen much more fight from teams like Zimbabwe (and i can bet they'll fight harder evn today). I just can't believe why the team won't evolve.

uss01
June 26, 2007, 09:58 AM
Yup totally agree. No need to strip test status. But just limit the number of matches. Heck, even just playing the test matches at home is good enough. Even
3-5 test matches per season at home is not bad (from November to March). Then maybe in 2-3 years as we gradually improve, I'm sure other countries will want to invite us anyways.

Agree with capslock, but the issue is more major and not just stripping of test status. The concern is the rise of cricket of south asian nations obviously creating imbalance of cricket authority power. Anyways, long story short and putting in nice words, there will be observation on the progress of 'developing cricket nations'(e.g. BD, ZIMB,KEN etc.), curtail lots of matches against top teams in order to preserve the international cricket standard. If we play two to three test in a year that should be enough to preserve the standard and give us a 'way to progress and move forward'.

Miraz
June 26, 2007, 10:01 AM
The problem is in our batting. The bowling was not that bad on a dead track. Look at Sri Lanka's top 10 Test total (8 out of 10 are at home and 6 are at SSC). Look at the top score and opponents. Sri Lanka is a top team at home.

Highest totals
Sri Lanka - Test matches
<table class="engineTable" cols="9"><thead> <tr class="head"> <th class="padTS-b" nowrap="nowrap">Score</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Overs</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">RR</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Inns</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">
</th> <th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Opposition</th> <th class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Ground</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Match Date</th> <th nowrap="nowrap">Scorecard</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr class="data1"> <td nowrap="nowrap">952/6d</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">271.0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3.51</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v India</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Colombo (RPS)</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2 Aug 1997</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1374 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/63762.html)</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td nowrap="nowrap">756/5d</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">185.1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4.08</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v South Africa</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Colombo (SSC)</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">27 Jul 2006</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1810 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/249193.html)</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td nowrap="nowrap">713/3d</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">165.3</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4.30</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v Zimbabwe</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Bulawayo</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">14 May 2004</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1699 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/64085.html)</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td nowrap="nowrap">628/8d</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">182.0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3.45</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v England</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Colombo (SSC)</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">18 Dec 2003</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1675 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/64058.html)</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td nowrap="nowrap">627/9d</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">197.0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3.18</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v West Indies</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Colombo (SSC)</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">29 Nov 2001</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1572 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/63960.html)</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td nowrap="nowrap">610/6d</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">171.0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3.56</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v India</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Colombo (SSC)</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">29 Aug 2001</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1559 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/63945.html)</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td class="padTSao-b" nowrap="nowrap">591</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">156.5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3.76</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v England</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">The Oval</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">27 Aug 1998</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1423 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/63809.html)</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td nowrap="nowrap">590/9d</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">202.4</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2.91</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v West Indies</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Galle</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">13 Nov 2001</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1567 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/63958.html)</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td nowrap="nowrap">586/6d</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">161.0</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">3.63</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">1</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v Zimbabwe</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Colombo (SSC)</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">27 Dec 2001</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1581 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/63969.html)</td> </tr> <tr class="data1"> <td nowrap="nowrap">577/6d</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">135.5</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">4.24</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">2</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">
</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">v Bangladesh</td> <td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">Colombo (SSC)</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">25 Jun 2007</td> <td nowrap="nowrap">Test # 1837 (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/match/293478.html)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 10:05 AM
Just wanted to ask surfer to ask his friends what were their comments when they (Aus) were almost on the brink of losing the first test in BD tour. And that was only last year. Just want an honest answer from them.

Tide changes twice a day. These same friends would fight for BD test status when they get beat. Won't they???

SS
June 26, 2007, 10:06 AM
[quote=Miraz;491048]The problem is in our batting. The bowling was not that bad on a dead track. Look at Sri Lanka's top 10 Test total (8 out of 10 are at home and 6 are at SSC). Look at the top score and opponents. Sri Lanka is a top team at home.
/quote]

Thanks for the list, feeling little better :)
SL is a very good team and in their soil they are super.

bharat
June 26, 2007, 10:13 AM
This might suprise a few ..but as long as the BCCI has sway over ICC , BD test status will never be in doubt ..some may call say India is serving its own pupropose ...but thats what it is ...

But guys why should one bad performce raise the same old wuestion?

WarWolf
June 26, 2007, 10:16 AM
Srilanka is a top team for sure. They are probably going to be the best in 1/2 years. But still we need to raise our standards.

AsifTheManRahman
June 26, 2007, 10:23 AM
You can't just give us the test status and expect us to improve without playing any test matches. Huge gaps don't help. Beginning with India last month, we've had to start from zero. We need to play more, period. No stupid breaks please.

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 10:41 AM
Apparently I have hurt feelings. I apologize if I did as I think I should have chosen a better way to express that. Forget for a moment what my friend said, change the title of the thread and think for a second: If performances within the subcontinent continue to be this level, how long will it take before the question is raised?

Lack of play, lack of temperament, lack of experience, poor coaching, poor planing, lack of infrastructure, bad selection........whatever be the reason, the bottom line is: very poor performance. Ultimately, the success of a team is measured by victories. There have been good sessions for Bangladesh in some test matches, but how many were drawn or won? Its been sometime since the test status was granted and BD should have some figures on the positive side.

Whats the reason? There is no lack of talent. There are talented players and a densely populated cricket crazy country should have a good future. Why isnt that reflecting somewhere? Is the team really getting happy winning sessions? If you are happy winning a session, you will surely lose the match. Whatever be the reason, what I wanted to say is, if the performance levels dont rise, BD is in for some trouble.

cricket_pagol
June 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
Instead of going back for 2 test matches, go back four test matches, then you you will find how BD performed against Australia. We nearly beat them in one of the test match. So people who raise these questions usually have selective memory. So I think the question about our test status is purely a knee-jerk reaction

Bangladesh is no doubt going through a lean patch in test cricket... keep in mind, we are also the only test playing nation who did not play any test cricket for the last one year. Our stars in One day cricket are just starting their test career, give them some time... sakib is only playing his third test, and players like tamim and mushfiq will get their opportunity soon.

israr
June 26, 2007, 11:00 AM
I had mentally prepared myself long time before when I got the knowledge there is no test cricket for Bangladesh for 13 months. I knew this type of questions would be bombarded, and that Bangladesh's peformance would be disappointing. Whatsoever, I am already preparing my list for counter-attack on those eliciting us, and thats coming very soon.

al Furqaan
June 26, 2007, 11:33 AM
You can't just give us the test status and expect us to improve without playing any test matches. Huge gaps don't help. Beginning with India last month, we've had to start from zero. We need to play more, period. No stupid breaks please.

exactly...

its as if bangladesh are back to 2002....it will take a while before we get into the test groove after playing 40 ODIs, nearly 30 of which were against rank minnows.

lets see how australia does after playing minnows for an entire freaking year!!!

[], do these haters have in their heads? seriously, these people deserve nothing better than the worse things in life...

Padosan
June 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
I was chatting with a friend from Australia who holds a position the cricket board there. He was telling me that some of the officials were chatting over the current game and were of the opinion that Bangladesh should be stripped off the test status for now. I wonder how long will it take before the opinion becomes official and ICC starts getting pressure.

Non-aisan ICC members have been alerted with south Asia's dominance lately. With as many as four members, south Asia is emerging as the strongest region. They cant do anything about BCCI for obvious reasons. PCB has been on the receiving end. Srilanka has been the worst victim of racism. But the softest target is Bangladesh.

Unless Bangladesh raises the level of games, a question on its test status is likely. Its the second test in a row in which Bangladesh has allowed as many as four centuries in one innings. Getting out cheaply on the same surface does not add any credibility to the batting either. Srilanka has been doing great lately, but India was in a poor form when they were allowed to play like champions. Its high time for BCB to do something. Else if the question is asked, they wouldnt have enough cushion to fall back on.

I was chatting with a friend in India who is the next man to Pawar in BCCI. he was telling me abt the chat going on in aussie board abt the opinion that Bangladesh should be stripped off the test status for now. he was wondering how long will it take before the aussie opinion becomes official and ICC starts getting pressure.

But then Asian members are alerted that asia (read BCCI) shld domiate ICC forever. This was not a good news since BCCI was going to nominate Nepal and HK too for test status for want of more votes. They definitely are not going to loose BD as one vote, esp after BD came close beating India in the recent test series and almost beat Aus and Pak previously.

he asked everyone to take a chill pill and relax, since BCCI if not on moral intentions, atleast on self-interest and the sake of additional vote, wont let anything like this happen.

cheers !
padosan

Sillypoint
June 26, 2007, 12:31 PM
Relax guys!

We are not paying hundreds of thousand of dollars to Cricket Australia and hiring an Aussie coach for nothing. Now let's hope Sharad Power wins the toss too.

syzygy
June 26, 2007, 01:33 PM
well if pawar is triyng to get the all important bd vote (and in a way let bd not lose its test status) to become the icc boss, he is only following his pedecessor jaggu dalmiya who was pioneer in giving bd the test status and thereby win an extra vote in the icc elections.

but having said that, i would like to see bd retaining their status on their own merit and let politics be away from this. let them play 5 more test series against the top 8 teams bfr one start talking abt striping their test status. this is only their 2nd series after 13 months layoff, so just be a bit patient guys. meanwhile we can continue reviewing the progress report (which most of u are anyway doing) after each of the series.

capslock
June 26, 2007, 01:34 PM
I was chatting with a friend in India who is the next man to Pawar in BCCI. he was telling me abt the chat going on in aussie board abt the opinion that Bangladesh should be stripped off the test status for now. he was wondering how long will it take before the aussie opinion becomes official and ICC starts getting pressure.

But then Asian members are alerted that asia (read BCCI) shld domiate ICC forever. This was not a good news since BCCI was going to nominate Nepal and HK too for test status for want of more votes. They definitely are not going to loose BD as one vote, esp after BD came close beating India in the recent test series and almost beat Aus and Pak previously.

he asked everyone to take a chill pill and relax, since BCCI if not on moral intentions, atleast on self-interest and the sake of additional vote, wont let anything like this happen.

cheers !
padosan

Um, we came close to beating India in the recent test series? Were we watching the same series?

GothamCity
June 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
Why isn't anyone questioning the 13-month gap in Test Cricket ? In fact now we have a 3 month gap in ODIs and when they return even that might get rusty.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 01:46 PM
Um, we came close to beating India in the recent test series? Were we watching the same series?

I think he meant the target of 250 on the first test in CTG that was EASILY attainable ... ja hok, I dont want to reignite that debate of "Hoito - Hoito Na!" here again.

syzygy
June 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
btw pawar has support from pak,bd,sl, sa and ofcourse ind ..

morgan has support from aus, nz, wi and eng..so do the votes of the associates also count?

so the balance is slightly tilted 5-4 in pawars favor.

Rifat
June 26, 2007, 01:52 PM
this thread should have been opened AFTER bangladesh finished the three tests, anything can still happen and in cricket it frequently does.

but i do agree that it is not impossible for the ICC to strip the test status from Bangladesh soon enough if the players don't start performing.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 01:52 PM
I honestly think this is a silly debate based off of rumors. BD's test status is not in jeopardy. Many teams have played worse than us consistently in the past. It is only our 7th year (subtract ONE WHOLE year where we didnt play any Test matches), and honestly, we will improve immensely within the next 3-4 years.

syzygy
June 26, 2007, 01:55 PM
i think the reason aussie cricket board wants to strip off bd's status is bcoz bd is supporting pawar. if bd loses its status then only they can get a man of their choice..dirty politics i can see. but anyway for pawars own sake i can see he wont let that happen

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 01:58 PM
I dont think so, Cricket is not a mania in Australia.
i think the reason aussie cricket board wants to strip off bd's status is bcoz bd is supporting pawar. if bd loses its status then only they can get a man of their choice..dirty politics i can see.

Murad
June 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
This kind of questions willl raise against us tilll we win a test match against a big team or if we can take the match to 5th day consistently...

The problem we are having now its bcuz of the 13 month gap. and our players didnt play first classs matches that much in that period... We been playing One-Days for the last 1 n half year consistently.... thats the biggest problem we are facing now..

Sohel
June 26, 2007, 03:04 PM
Questioning our test status is nothing other than an act of futility from the unreasonable, all too often wielding the baton of a double standard they think we're too daft to see clearly. It is far more constructive focus on what we need to do to compete at this level. We need to take a good, hard, cold look at BCB corruption - the way it is being done at the moment - and the negative role played by club cricket with regards to FC cricket.

A re-formatted FC schedule with 25 (5 best of 5) 4-day matches and 35 (best of 7) List-A matches instead of the current 10 (best of 2) 4-day matches and 1 List-A match per team - there are 6 FC teams in Bangladesh BTW - will do wonders for our International cricket in both forms of the game, and possibly faster than anybody in the past. Professional talent scouts will help a great deal also. At least the BCB corruption in behind us now.

One World
June 26, 2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the salt on the existing wound. I do not know when India and other big name cricket nations will realise that questioning, provocating, belowering, demeaning will not help BD cricket or sports. Look at Zimbabwe. Question should be How other nations can help the ways to make BD a better test side?

mla
June 27, 2007, 04:42 AM
I wonder how much of what is currently being said about BD was also said about Sri Lanka when they first gained test status.

Rabz
June 27, 2007, 05:00 AM
Dont believe the Auusis, the r racist...
and dont care wht other people say about us,

Sorry for an off-topic discussion..but cant help myself here...
Mate...since when Aussies became such a racist country?? care to explain me??

have you ever met any Aussie personally who behaviour was racist towards you?

I thought is the Aussies that has been one of our best partners and freinds since we got the test status. They have helped us immensely throughout the time and their cricket board has always been by our side, since Day 1.

They have given us free service up untill recently, when our board made huge amount of money thru media rights.

I find it quite amusing, that this days, there are quite a lot of us who are having a go at Australia for apparently no good reason what-so-ever.

Just cuz some guy here says he was talking to some guy who was talking to some other guy about bd test status, u cant jump like an idiot and call some other guys racist.

IF you are jealous of thier sporting success and cant take it any more,
go take a freaking hike.

Tigers_eye
June 27, 2007, 09:15 AM
The answer to the question of "Holding on to the Test status" was given by BD batsmen today. I am pointing it out to surfer in case he missed it. Requesting to surfer to forward this message to his friend's friends.

Special thanks to Padosan for his post. brought a huge smile in my face for the nice copycat job. Puts exact importance this thread deserves. (Next to null)

Aritro
June 27, 2007, 09:23 AM
We should never have got it and that still hasn't stopped being true.

Either way, I'm glad that administrative level politicking from our neighbours will ensure that we're here to stay for several more years, at which point we'll probably be worth our place.

Padosan
June 27, 2007, 09:27 AM
Special thanks to Padosan for his post. brought a huge smile in my face for the nice copycat job. Puts exact importance this thread deserves. (Next to null)

Thanks tigers_eye, atleast you get my point. This is what the thread deserves, a CLOSE. Well tigers_eye, i had a dream y'day about bringing back bulbul as captain to BD team and the BCB discussing abt it. Man i cannot resist now, where shld i open a thread ? will you second me tigers_eye bhai ? we can discuss and share our opinions there :D

cheers !
Padosan

Surfer
June 27, 2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks tigers_eye, atleast you get my point. This is what the thread deserves, a CLOSE. Well tigers_eye, i had a dream y'day about bringing back bulbul as captain to BD team and the BCB discussing abt it. Man i cannot resist now, where shld i open a thread ? will you second me tigers_eye bhai ? we can discuss and share our opinions there :D

cheers !
Padosan

Great idea Padosan, close the thread and start dreaming. Stay away from reality if that suits you.

imran78
June 27, 2007, 01:34 PM
same old same old.

BD has a couple of bad days and everyone comes running in to say how BD doesnt deserve the test status. it wasnt long back before people were complaining about BD having one day status too.

so to all the BD-bashers..all i have to say is BD will improve soon and then i am pretty sure we wont see you around these boards anymore. until then go and get a life.

Padosan
June 27, 2007, 01:45 PM
Great idea Padosan, close the thread and start dreaming. Stay away from reality if that suits you.

oops not to offend you buddy, will stay away :D.

ialbd
June 27, 2007, 01:51 PM
ohh... orzoon's post was removed before I could reply to that...

made such an intellectual comment....oh wait is he banned....?

DJ Sahastra
June 27, 2007, 04:09 PM
I think "BD Test Status should be taken away" kind of subject should be discussed more often on this board.

Look at it - everytime someone opens a thread on that subject, BD team comes back to play much more spirited and starts to show semblance of a Test Side.

We need those discussions to make sure JO and Saleh keeps adding a 5 before their Gollas and SN has 7 boundaries instead of an aggregate of 7 against his name.

Australia Cricket Board or Any Cricket board or Indian fans or any fans are most welcome to open and raise questions on BD's test status. We should discuss and debate it more often.

To quote Dayal baba, Babar kola chai eto boro Ke kothae aso amae dhoro

Fazal
June 27, 2007, 04:12 PM
Who is orzoon? Is he D.J.'s Mashtuto Bhai?

DJ Sahastra
June 27, 2007, 04:15 PM
Who is orzoon? Is he D.J.'s Mashtuto Bhai?

Fazal mamu,

What is a "Mashtuto Bhai"? Is it like 'twin brother separated in a fair long ago' kind of Bhai? :D

Fazal
June 27, 2007, 04:18 PM
Fazal mamu,

What is a "Mashtuto Bhai"? Is it like 'twin brother separated in a fair long ago' kind of Bhai? :D

Close... its cousin. Mainly used in Kolkata (not in Bangladesh).:D

DJ Sahastra
June 27, 2007, 04:24 PM
:D Amader Bhai'Er Ban Korbe Ki Rokom? Ami Hortal/Onshon Korta Pori :)

(Why have you guys banned my brother. I am gonna go on protest/strike).

Ehsan
June 27, 2007, 06:37 PM
DJ few bangla tips for ya.

Why = keno
We= Amader
I = Ami
My = Amar
You = Aapni (Aap), Tumi (Tum), Tui (Tu)
Do = kori

What you wantedto say would go like this:
Amar bhai-re apnara ban korsen keno? Ami Hortal/Oneshon korte Pari. :)

sandpiper
June 27, 2007, 06:41 PM
We = amra
Us = amader :)

Why = keno
We= Amader

cricket_king
June 27, 2007, 07:43 PM
Man it's times like this when i wish zimbabwe still played test cricket. It would give us great practice to play teams like zimbabwe and kenya in tests. It helped our ODIs, so why not tests?

WarWolf
June 27, 2007, 07:46 PM
Man it's times like this when i wish zimbabwe still played test cricket. It would give us great practice to play teams like zimbabwe and kenya in tests. It helped our ODIs, so why not tests?
Facing top teams like Srilanka few times a year with 3 tests series gives more confidence than thousands series with Zimbabwe and Kenya.

jabbar
June 27, 2007, 08:04 PM

Agree with you Miraz. This thread is a pointless one given that the match isn't even over. Bangladesh have picked up their game in the 3rd day which is encouraging.

This topic has been raised too many times and we should stop and look at the bigger picture: (1) Bangladesh are a passionate cricket nation with millions of eager supporters, (2) they have not had enough test cricket match practice lately which may have resulted in their poor form, (3) they have had a major reshuffle in the team with Ashraful and Mashrafe appointed captain and vice-captain respectively, and (4) they are playing perhaps the best side in the world after Australia - I doubt the windies would have played any better given their current form.

In the end, the ICC should be grateful for having a cricketing nation like Bangladesh participating at the highest level - the rest of the world is looking more and more gloomy these days with Australia's domination, Pakistan and India's internal strifes, the West Indies very poor form, and Zimbabwe's political situation.

jabbar
June 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
Facing top teams like Srilanka few times a year with 3 tests series gives more confidence than thousands series with Zimbabwe and Kenya.

Disagree. Matches with Zimbabwe in test cricket would help BD as it did in ODIs, for sure. Once you get that winning feeling, you can transfer it to more competitve games like SL... However, I don't think Zimbabwe will play test cricket for a while - the situation there doesn't seem to be improving at all.

WarWolf
June 27, 2007, 08:14 PM
Disagree. Matches with Zimbabwe in test cricket would help BD as it did in ODIs, for sure. Once you get that winning feeling, you can transfer it to more competitve games like SL... However, I don't think Zimbabwe will play test cricket for a while - the situation there doesn't seem to be improving at all.
Out team some times will collapse against top teams like they did in the first innings of the current test match and some times they will show good performance like they did in the second innings. Having runs under the belts against quality bowlers is always a good feeling. ODI and test match is not the same. In ODI, it's more about winning habbit. But in test matches you need to develop your temperament and they best way to do it is to face quality oponents regularly.

bd_fan_from_india
June 27, 2007, 08:16 PM
forget bangladesh losing test status. if bcci has its way, kenya & nepal could be given test status as the bcci will look for more votes

One World
June 27, 2007, 08:20 PM

Wonders are a part of life bro.

OZGOD
June 28, 2007, 12:29 AM

Realistically, I don't think that BD will lose its Test status. From a personal point of view I would hope not - the more competitive teams we have in world cricket, the better. But ultimately BD has its destiny in its own hands - it's all about results on the field. You don't have to win all the time - but you have to look like you belong, at least, and be competitive. These kinds of thrashings are disheartening for everyone.

DJ Sahastra
June 28, 2007, 01:30 AM

Why = keno
We= Amader
I = Ami
My = Amar
You = Aapni (Aap), Tumi (Tum), Tui (Tu)
Do = kori

What you wantedto say would go like this:
Amar bhai-re apnara ban korsen keno? Ami Hortal/Oneshon korte Pari. :)

I was close ... i was close :D . Okay, atleast the second sentence :)

CHABAN
June 28, 2007, 01:49 AM
It does not matter who thinks what. Firstly, somebody has to offficially raise this issue, who will? Secondly, BD has played good cricket recently to be shrugged off. Lastly, I know that many of you hate the BCCI for its greed but the reality is the BCCI will never let anybody even raise the issue of BD, let alone discuss it.

regards

Thunder
June 28, 2007, 01:54 AM
I dont know why ICC is not giving us more tests. They should know that failure is the piller of success. We've always been playing like this in ODIs too. But its the consistency in playing more ODIs made us a better ODI team than ever before.

Orpheus
June 28, 2007, 02:07 AM

We= Amader
:)

ke kaare ki shikhai?

Cricket Crazy
June 28, 2007, 04:19 AM
Australia playing political cricket???

Antora
June 28, 2007, 04:25 AM
I have nothing to say... they can take our test status away if they want.. i cant defend them .... i I only have one thing to say... shadharon aussie ra racist na.. only john howard and ricky ponting!!!!!

Thunder
June 28, 2007, 04:43 AM
aussies can't alone take away our test status specially when we were so close to beating them in tests not so long ago.

its only a matter of time to see when our bunch of talented cricketers will be tired of losing and started winning tests like they did in ODIs :D

Remember Bd plays best when they turn to the worst!

BD-Shardul
June 28, 2007, 06:58 AM
If we play like we did in the first two test matches in the remaining two matches, we should self-suspend our test status to save ours faces.

smashyboy
June 28, 2007, 07:17 AM
There will be questions raised unless BD really wins a test match atleast at home against top team. But having lost 97% of the match they played against top 8 the questions they asked will remain valid. They will definitely look for faster improvement. Nowadays BD is being used to create personal records by players. Tendulkar, Zaheer khan, Gillespie, Vaas Kaarthick all have their highest score against BD. Not to mention team records. Unless there is some conscious effort to bridge that gap i won't be surprised if BD loses its test status.

FagunerAgun
June 28, 2007, 07:32 AM
Come on, boys, we have a big brother to protect our test status.

But no doubt, BD should raise its performance in Test.

Ehsan
June 28, 2007, 07:51 AM
ke kaare ki shikhai?

Ok ok fine. I think I need few tips specially when it comes to translating to bangla. :blush: Happy? :)

Sandpiper, thanks for the correction. Good catch. :)

We = Amra, Us = Amader or is it Amra again? Now, thinking of Amra and Amader, I think Ours = Amader. No?

AsifTheManRahman
June 28, 2007, 09:44 AM
You're a funny guy, Ehsan.

Ehsan
June 28, 2007, 11:02 AM
Now, all these Amra-amri-kamra-kamri reminds of the fruit Amra (or is it called Kamra or Kamranga?). I haven't had it for ages.

Sohel
June 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
Realistically, I don't think that BD will lose its Test status. From a personal point of view I would hope not - the more competitive teams we have in world cricket, the better. But ultimately BD has its destiny in its own hands - it's all about results on the field. You don't have to win all the time - but you have to look like you belong, at least, and be competitive. These kinds of thrashings are disheartening for everyone.

Thank you. Some of our Indo-Pak cousins could learn a lot from your wisdom. But then again, feeling good about oneself by taking things out of context and putting down others has nothing to do with learning anything. Come to think of it, they, and their Nepalese collaborators in this forum can also learn a thing or two about class, not to mention cricket, from our Sri Lankan cousins.