PDA

View Full Version : Ind vs SA

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
I am surprized noone opened a thread on this match.

Tendu fell on 99 and that was a runout. Missed out another ton. India did manage to get 242/8.

SA is struggling against the spinners. they are 109/3 in 21 overs. Kallis batting.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
I guess we are too beaten down from the BD vs SL test ...
Too bad for Tendy.

Sovik
south africa will loose. chawla and powar getting some spin

Electrequiem
South Africa require another 119 runs with 7 wickets and 25.2 overs remaining

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 10:51 AM
now 124/4 24 overs. Boucher and Kallis on the crease.

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 10:54 AM
Its an interesting match going on. India did well to come back into the match after the initial wickets. Tendulkar's experience came handy in very difficult conditions. Now the conditions have improved for the batsmen but still Chawla is giving them some trouble.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 10:54 AM
interesting choice in SA lineups.

No smith, price or kemp. Well I can understand of Kemp's replacement but that many changes in the batting lineup? Do they consider India as an average team?

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 10:56 AM
SA will win it from here Inshallah.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 10:59 AM
Nice singles and doubles being taken ... nice approach.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 11:01 AM
Chawla was pretty expensive for his 2 wkts.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:01 AM
RRR is less than SA runrate. If india wants to win they must get a wicket now.

SA - 102 needed in 22 overs.

Sovik
June 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
interesting choice in SA lineups.

No smith, price or kemp. Well I can understand of Kemp's replacement but that many changes in the batting lineup? Do they consider India as an average team?

and no pollock. smith was injured i suppose

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:04 AM
south africas current rate is well above the required. but kallis and bouch will have to play pivotal role to win the match

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 11:08 AM
<tt>1 . 1 2 1 1 | . . 1 . 1 1 | 1 . 1 1 1 1 | 1 . 1 . 1

that is how its done.
</tt>

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:09 AM
look at the way kallis and boucher rotating the strike even after some quick setbacks, they have added 25 runs in 5 overs with just a single boundary. THIS is the kind of batting our batsmen need to learn.

Sovik
June 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
its not all about hitting boundaries. they just need less than run a ball they are doing it comfortably

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
I am watching this game PERFECTLY without Buffering in daruchini ... onno desher khela bhalo dekha jai, khali nijer desher tai dekha jaina.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:13 AM
hmmm.. interesting change, dont you think Dravid here making a mistake by replacing Chawla by Yuvraj at this stage of the match ?

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:16 AM
MN van Wyk in 3 ODIs 2 half centuries. not bad.

VD Philander debut 10 Overs 2 maidens 37 runs.

Duminy 11 of 19 not a single digit score.

All the new comers contributed.

158/4 33 overs.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:18 AM
in fact, Philandar (peculiar name ;) ) had his debut against ireland the day before yesterday. and he bowled 8 overs today, not 10
MN van Wyk in 3 ODIs 2 half centuries. not bad.

VD Philander debut 10 Overs 2 maidens 37 runs.

Duminy 11 of 19 not a single digit score.

All the new comers contributed.

158/4 33 overs.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
Z Khan strikes. Good captaincy. 165/5

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 11:23 AM
man down......man down......but may be a little too late....

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:24 AM
Sorry Sandpiper. You are correct. This is his second match. Nevertheless, good contribution as a newcomer.

PS: we have a philander smith community college here at Little Rock. So the name is very fimiliar to me.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:24 AM
it might be a drama here in stormont, Hall enters the crease

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:25 AM
Kallis gets his 50. If he goes now SA would lose I think.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:27 AM
may be, but Hall can carry on with the bat and they need less than 70 I guess
Kallis gets his 50. If he goes now SA would lose I think.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:28 AM
74 needed in 90 balls with 5 wickets in hand.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:29 AM
Kallis is the next man to join 10000 club in ODI, what an allrounder

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:30 AM
72 of 84

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:33 AM
that ball-run equation is useless at this stage, a couple of boundaries (or conversely a couple of wkts) can deflect the direction of the match entirely, Hall hits a boundary of ZK

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:34 AM
two excellent shots by hall of Z Khan. 2 fours.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:34 AM
another one and the pressure is on the bowling side now

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:39 AM
still 58 needed. Long ways to go. A wicket would open the flood gate.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:41 AM
55 from 66 balls
this is Proteas' match bro :)

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:43 AM
Hall gone chawla strikes

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 11:43 AM
190/6 interesting.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:51 AM
4 from kallis, eased the pressure

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:53 AM
chawla completed with 3/47, 40 required from 8 overs

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:55 AM
41.2 Piyush Chawla to Kallis, FOUR, too short and outside off, Kallis backs away and clatters it behind square for a four. Latched on to the length and put it away. Sign of an outstanding player

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:56 AM
now 35 from 7 overs

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 11:59 AM
Rohit Sharma came to bowl 44th over, poor Dravid :)

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 12:03 PM
Interesting stage. India will win only by taking more wickets.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 12:06 PM
SA should win it comfortably from hereon.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 12:06 PM
21 from 27, Kallis the masterminder

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 12:09 PM
RP Singh back into the attack ...

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 12:10 PM
18 from 24 ... Kallis played a great innings.

Ahg984
June 26, 2007, 12:10 PM
SA will win for sure but not a bad performance by IND considering the circumstances..

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 12:12 PM
Bangladeshi batsmen need to take a page out of Kallis's book

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 12:14 PM
SA will win for sure but not a bad performance by IND considering the circumstances..
What were the circumstance? SA not playing Pollock, Smith, Prince, Kemp?

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 12:14 PM
I like this trademark kallis shot, he is so superb with this shot
46.2 Khan to Kallis, FOUR, short delivery outside off stump, he walks into the shot and pulls all along the ground behind square leg for four

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 12:17 PM

The conditions were very difficult in when India was batting. It has eased out now.

Ahg984
June 26, 2007, 12:18 PM

illness in the Indian camp, India not playing a couple key players (Agarkar, Sreesanth, Dhoni), they had to rely on Rohit sharma to bowl a few overs lol.

And still its the first real match for them in very different conditions, I am sure they will play better the next couple games.

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
4 more for SA to win....

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
not even they need to , they can learn from Mahela, Vandort and even from Vaas, but they are making myself mad again and again :hairpull:
Bangladeshi batsmen need to take a page out of Kallis's book

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 12:21 PM
3 needed off 5....

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
2 needed off 4.....

Ahg984
June 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
SA won 4 wickets in the 50th over.

Surfer
June 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
SA wins by 4 wickets with three balls to spare......wee done SA.

I am quite happy with what India did....expect them to do better in the nest games.

Ahg984
June 26, 2007, 12:23 PM
Yuvi bowled the last over lol, no chance, he's just a part timer. anyway it was a good game.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 12:27 PM
SA is the #2 team in ODI for a reason. With some new players they did what they had to do. Weather the storm and Win.

India had a good chance they had the foundation. Missed Dhoni's fireworks. That's about it. Chawla did more than his share.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
illness in the Indian camp, India not playing a couple key players (Agarkar, Sreesanth, Dhoni), they had to rely on Rohit sharma to bowl a few overs lol.

And still its the first real match for them in very different conditions, I am sure they will play better the next couple games.
We are not watching the same match are we? Sreesanth a key player didn't feature in the WC. Why I wonder. Rohit didn't bowl few overs he just bowled one over where he did pretty good. India had some tricks that they failed to take. Why Sachin didn't bowl only Dravid can explain. Not using the your strength is not anyone's fault but India's. So no excuse should be searched for.

Hatebreed
June 26, 2007, 12:43 PM
Way to go SA! I hope it's a whitewash.

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 12:44 PM
not unlikely, although chawla, sachin and rahul were impressive. South africans played sensible cricket and won deservedly.
Way to go SA! I hope it's a whitewash.

radagast
June 26, 2007, 01:02 PM
SA didn't choke.. woohoo. :big_hug:

GothamCity
June 26, 2007, 01:30 PM
Good show from India at least they took it to the last over.
Zaheer Khan is playing for a while, still not dependable. Need Sreesanth back.
Would like to see Dhoni back as Keeper (Karthik is better in the outfield), Sreesanth
& Ranadeb Bose in the team for Friday's ODI. Also Uthappa in place of Gambhir for some rapidfire shots..Sewhag is missing here. India's lower order collapsed today needed some big hits... Karthik & Yuvraj shoud have done the job but failed.. Still a close game.. very rare these days. Good cricket.

james007
June 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
Why did tendulkar take so many balls to score 99 when India lost only 2 wickets that time. or pitch was bad

radagast
June 26, 2007, 01:57 PM
Why did tendulkar take so many balls to score 99 when India lost only 2 wickets that time. or pitch was bad

Tendulkar took 95 balls to reach his 50. The next 49 came from 48 balls. If you look it like that, that isn't too slow. Besides, at one point India was 36/2 (11th over), the next wicket fell at 43rd over! He had to settle down, something our batsman and fans yet to learn.

syzygy
June 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
good game of cricket...ind fell short by 20 runs as last 10 overs provided only 61. india missed an extra bowler badly. rp was below avg. chawla again rattled the saf's..i think this kid should be retained for the eng test series too.

i hope dhoni get's well soon and be back for next match..i dont care if we win or lose but love to see close matches like this which is a rarity since world cup.

Sovik
June 26, 2007, 02:25 PM
going to watch the last game of this series. hoping to see some good game of cricket

Ahg984
June 26, 2007, 02:38 PM
We are not watching the same match are we? Sreesanth a key player didn't feature in the WC. Why I wonder. Rohit didn't bowl few overs he just bowled one over where he did pretty good. India had some tricks that they failed to take. Why Sachin didn't bowl only Dravid can explain. Not using the your strength is not anyone's fault but India's. So no excuse should be searched for.

The conditions were very good for pace bowling, especially in the morning. Sreesanth and Agarkar would have liked bowling here. They did well in the last match against Ireland.
Anyway, it is no point thinking what might have happened if so and so players had played. I am looking forward to the next game. Hope everyone recovers from the flu by then.

orzoon
June 26, 2007, 03:22 PM

Hey,Cats_eye,I can understand why you are are so ecstatic ! After all ,your fav hated team lost,must have made your day ! only ..oops your team got [] by the Sri Lankans ,so its natural that you vent your frustrations on your most HATED team.Be Happy.YEAH some super-extraordianary players were MISSING from the SA side and SA is AFTER all the 2nd rANked TEam IN THE world and your despised team India is the LOWLIEST ODI team ,Right ,be Happy.I fanthom your happiness on your Neigboring team's misery ,but THINK ....your team is getting [] by the lankans. ne way its a SA - IND thread ,so I will say India played brilliantly and above expectations (I EXPECTED INDIA TO LOSE BADLY) as INDIA were playing with half-Fit Bowlers Khan,RP Singh ,,,AND SreeSanth(The most IMP bowler in the current Indian bowlers) ,Agarkar (The most IMP bowler in the current Indian bowlers in the death overs)missing ... ,so be happy.BUt keep and EYE on this tour in future and I'll assure you that you will be frustrated.
CHEEEERRRS!!!!

.....this reply is /may not exact to exact to your post above but by what I understand abt ur attitude against your your enemy team..so again CHEERS ...

sandpiper
June 26, 2007, 03:45 PM
ok orzoon, I am waiting to see the Indian fireworks in this English summer

Ahg984
June 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
Just to reinforce the point I made earlier about Indian players not being ready, here's a link from cricinfo:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/rsavind/content/story/299579.html

India v South Africa, 1st ODI, Belfast

Indian squad struck by illness

Andrew McGlashan in Stormont

June 25, 2007

MS Dhoni was the first to catch the illness. He's likely to miss the first ODI against South Africa © AFP

India and South Africa came through their outings against Ireland unscathed after trying various options ahead of the three-match series that starts in Stormont on Tuesday. Neither side had too many problems overcoming the Irish, but India were plunged into trouble as a virus ran through their camp leaving them desperately short of fit players ahead of the opening match.

At least eight of the playing squad were feeling under the weather with Sreesanth, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Ramesh Powar, RP Singh and Ajit Agarkar the worst hit. Those five couldn't attend India's final training session at the Civil Service Ground. Rahul Dravid said he was also feeling the effects of the illness, which hit Dhoni first and ruled him out of Saturday's match against Ireland.

Rakesh Patel, a pace bowler playing in the Liverpool Leagues, was drafted in as emergency cover. Patel was the third highest wicket-taker in last season's Ranjji Trophy, finishing with 37 scalps at an impressive average of 21. Ishant Sharma and Ranadeb Bose, who were due to fly in with the Test squad, were called up early and will arrive in time for Friday's match. The situation was so bad that India considered trying to get the game pushed back to Wednesday, but the logistics of such a move made it impossible.

That left India struggling to find 11 healthy players for tomorrow's match and Dravid said: "Quite a few boys in our team are suffering from viral fever and flu symptoms. It's not ideal, but it will give some of the other members of the squad a chance."

Over the weekend new faces from both sides put in impressive performances - Piyush Chawla for India and Vernon Philander for South Africa - while recalled players also shone. It is impossible to predict how events will pan out leading towards the next World Cup but these players are doing themselves no harm with eye-catching efforts. In the short-term, too, there is plenty to play for with India preparing for the Test and one-day series against England and places in both squads up for grabs for the Twenty20 World Championship.

Conditions in Belfast have been far removed from what both sets of players are used to and the forecast is for them to stay largely the same - cool, windy and showery - at least for the opening match. Apart from not helping the Indians' health, it puts the onus on seam and swing bowling, which Jacques Kallis believes could leave his side with an advantage.

"Being rusty will be against us," said Kallis, "India have played a lot of cricket and we aren't as well prepared as we want to be. But I think conditions might play into our hands with the ball seaming around a bit. Having said that they have world-class players who can produce big innings."

Vernon Philander's impressive debut against Ireland has left South Africa with a few selection problems © Getty Images

South Africa have a whole host of pace options to choose from and Philander's debut figures of 4 for 12 have left them with a few headaches. "We have always said we want to have a wide base to choose from and to see him come in and perform like that was admirable. He's got a bright future ahead of him," said Kallis.

The experienced trio of Andre Nel, Charl Langeveldt and Andrew Hall were all rested against Ireland because they'd played recent county cricket and at least two are likely to return against India. Thandi Tshabalala didn't get much of a chance to impress on Sunday, although conditions weren't in his favour, and Kallis said pace bowlers were the way to go.

"We've seen that the ball moves about off the seam throughout the game and batting conditions are quite tough especially against the seamers. If the weather stays like it has been it's going to be tough for the spinners and we might have to revert to the pacemen."

But while South Africa are trying to decide which players to leave out, India are left crossing their fingers and hoping a couple of the squad wake up feeling better in the morning. Otherwise they might need to ask for a six-a-side match.

Sohel
June 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
Manoj Tiwary, Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Ashish Nehra and Mohammad Kaif need to be worked into the team ASAP.

One World
June 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
Classy cricket from one of the alltime classy cricketer - Hats Off to you Jacques Kallis.

al Furqaan
June 27, 2007, 12:43 PM
Hey,Cats_eye,I can understand why you are are so ecstatic ! After all ,your fav hated team lost,must have made your day ! only ..oops your team got [] by the Sri Lankans ,so its natural that you vent your frustrations on your most HATED team.Be Happy.YEAH some super-extraordianary players were MISSING from the SA side and SA is AFTER all the 2nd rANked TEam IN THE world and your despised team India is the LOWLIEST ODI team ,Right ,be Happy.I fanthom your happiness on your Neigboring team's misery ,but THINK ....your team is getting [] by the lankans. ne way its a SA - IND thread ,so I will say India played brilliantly and above expectations (I EXPECTED INDIA TO LOSE BADLY) as INDIA were playing with half-Fit Bowlers Khan,RP Singh ,,,AND SreeSanth(The most IMP bowler in the current Indian bowlers) ,Agarkar (The most IMP bowler in the current Indian bowlers in the death overs)missing ... ,so be happy.BUt keep and EYE on this tour in future and I'll assure you that you will be frustrated.
CHEEEERRRS!!!!

.....this reply is /may not exact to exact to your post above but by what I understand abt ur attitude against your your enemy team..so again CHEERS ...

damn straight...anytime india loses is cause to celebrate. more so because of indian fans and BCCI than the team itself. but thanks for comparing india's loss to our troubles, it means we're moving up, eh? and i guess you haven't heard about our recent fightback on day 3 with SN and ash getting themselves out rather than murali's wizardry...

Ahg984
June 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
damn straight...anytime india loses is cause to celebrate. more so because of indian fans and BCCI than the team itself. but thanks for comparing india's loss to our troubles, it means we're moving up, eh? and i guess you haven't heard about our recent fightback on day 3 with SN and ash getting themselves out rather than murali's wizardry...

nice.....

I am considering that you are not being serious, so I will refrain from responding to this.

syzygy
June 28, 2007, 03:14 AM

well may be you get pleasure from india losses but i suffer to see bd loose like this. but anyway, no need to get so much anxious, there is still 2 more tests and 3 odis to follow, i am sure bd can stage a fightback and there will be something for u to cheer up.

Bengaliprince176
June 28, 2007, 08:41 AM

o thanks!! lol

btw unlcuky about Bangladesh vs Sl, murali is reli on fire, ye Bangladesh fought back well on the third day, hopefully 2nd test match they can come back strong.

AsifTheManRahman
June 28, 2007, 10:45 AM
SA didn't choke.. woohoo. :big_hug:

This isn't the world cup ;)

radagast
June 28, 2007, 11:17 AM
This isn't the world cup ;)

lol .. true.. forgot about that part..

MohammedC
June 28, 2007, 05:37 PM
Indian team continues to be dogged by illness
Sreesanth ruled out of second ODI
Cricinfo staff
June 28, 2007
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=170 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif

</TD><TD class=photo>http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/270163.jpg?alt=1
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=photo>Sreesanth misses out once again <NOBR>© AFP</NOBR>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The Indian team had mixed news from the sick bay ahead of the second ODI against South Africa on Friday. While S Sreesanth has been ruled out of the match, and Gautam Gambhir was also deemed unfit, MS Dhoni and Ajit Agarkar appeared to be ready for selection.
"Sreesanth is still not well. He's definitely not well enough to play tomorrow (Friday)", said Rahul Dravid, the India captain, after the fast bowler did not turn up for practice.
Gautam Gambhir, the opening batsman, has also joined the sick list. "Gautam Gambhir has also had a bit of a viral fever so he's in the hotel".
"Ajit Agarkar and Dhoni seem to have recovered but we would have loved to have had them practice today because they've not played cricket for a week and to have an idea of exactly how they are feeling", Dravid added

CricInfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/299968.html)

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 05:48 AM
India doing well so far in 2nd ODI.

After 14 overs, SA at 46/3.

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 08:03 AM
SA get 226/6 in 50 overs

One World
June 29, 2007, 10:01 AM
India 61/0 16 overs

One World
June 29, 2007, 10:02 AM
Nell has held the rein

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 10:10 AM
81/0 after 18 overs.

50 for Tendulkar and 15,000 ODI runs.

ammark
June 29, 2007, 10:12 AM
81/0 after 18 overs.

50 for Tendulkar and 15,000 ODI runs.

:applause::clap::joy::bravo::great::fire:

One World
June 29, 2007, 10:16 AM
congratulation to Tendulkar, 15000 club member.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 10:19 AM
Milestone says it all. Congrats! Would be meaningless if they can't win from here on.

Surfer
June 29, 2007, 10:41 AM
Tendulkar has been playing majestically. This is not an easy pitch to bat on. The bowlers are still getting help.....but Sachin has been just superb.

Shafin
June 29, 2007, 10:48 AM
is CI making problems for you too?

zzzz
June 29, 2007, 10:51 AM
is CI making problems for you too?

Yes.

Try cricbuzz.com

Much faster updates to live ball-by-ball commentary.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 10:52 AM
Yes! switched to cricbuzz. Gangu gone. Tendu on fire. Game over.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
Dravid gone for 2.

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
now Dravid gone .. India trying to make the game more competitive...

Shafin
June 29, 2007, 11:03 AM
Ganguly gone after good Anchor innings,the old horses Sachin and Ganguly has once again done the trick in the opening,hope the rest can finish it off.

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 11:07 AM
hehehe Sachin bowled ... India is choking..

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 11:10 AM
Well two innings back to back out at 99 and 93. Hmmm!!!! Nervous I guess!!

Bengaliprince176
June 29, 2007, 11:11 AM
is anyone watchin game live?

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 11:12 AM
To be fair .. the last 2 wickets fell because of extra bounce and extra turn from the pitch.

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 11:13 AM
dhoni bowled .. a spectacular collapse this

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 11:13 AM
RR is slowing down. Two new batsman in the crease. Both can be very attacking. However, their form is a little questionable. still 86 runs needed of 18 overs.

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
last recognized batting pair on the field ... SA can win this .. they need to attack with everyhting they got.

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 11:18 AM
runrate creeping up .. above 5 now.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 11:18 AM
8 runs 4 wickets. We complain about BD.

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 11:20 AM
still very good bowling conditions..

Shafin
June 29, 2007, 11:21 AM
Well two innings back to back out at 99 and 93. Hmmm!!!! Nervous I guess!!
Pure Bad luck for tendu.

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 11:22 AM
8 runs 4 wickets. We complain about BD.

yah well even South Africa had a mini collapse vs. Sri Lanka in world cup, 4 balls 4 wickets but that doesn't mean they are a bad team. Things like this happen.

Surfer
June 29, 2007, 11:28 AM
67 needed off 84.......all of a sudden, its a little close. But India still maintains upper hand.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 11:28 AM
The ship is steadied. They should cruise from here on.

Shafin
June 29, 2007, 11:39 AM
57 runs in 71 balls

Should be easily achieved

Surfer
June 29, 2007, 11:45 AM
53 needed off 61...........should be easy from here....not losing wickets is the key.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 11:56 AM
hmmm! 45 of 46. A wicket would change everything.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 12:03 PM
RRR is 6 now.

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 12:04 PM
to make matters worse India have 1 less batsman. the tail enders start after this.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 12:04 PM
39 of 36 balls. Why did they have to make it so difficult?

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 12:06 PM
Make or break Kallis brings himself into attack to finish overs.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 12:09 PM
34 of 33. India 193/4 44.3 overs.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 12:13 PM
30 of 27 well well!!

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 12:15 PM
26 of 24. If no wickets fall The match should India's.

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 12:19 PM
22 of 18. Doable!! but UV is putting unnecessary pressure on himself.

One World
June 29, 2007, 12:21 PM
#106 its not a flat track like colombo.

One World
June 29, 2007, 12:23 PM
47.5 Hall to Yuvraj, SIX!!, fuller length delivery on the leg, straying onto the pads, Yuvraj shuffles across and whips it away over fine leg for a biggie!!! that went sailing over the fence, much needed move this!!!

that ought'a fix it

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 12:23 PM
Six and it is over. 9 of 12 balls.

One World
June 29, 2007, 12:25 PM
now 2 dot balls from langevaldt

Tigers_eye
June 29, 2007, 12:28 PM
Ind needs one run in last over.

One World
June 29, 2007, 12:28 PM
Mahendra Singh Dhoni b M Ntini 0(4)

now Ntini wil become a very favorite player for some members

Shafin
June 29, 2007, 12:29 PM
1 run in 6 balls

Ahg984
June 29, 2007, 12:30 PM
relieved ... a sensible 85 run partnership between these two take India home.
Unfortunate that Singh does not get 50.

Shafin
June 29, 2007, 12:33 PM
Ind wins,Excellent innings by Kartick,he is really turning into a good batsman.

Shafin
June 29, 2007, 12:40 PM
Mahendra Singh Dhoni b M Ntini 0(4)

now Ntini wil become a very favorite player for some members
OMG OMG lol :D

syzygy
June 29, 2007, 12:41 PM
phewwwwwwww what a nail bitting thriller....full credit to saf for fighting back.....

good win for india...should have been more convincing though....relieved :)

congrats to tendlya for another fascinating knock and 15 K runs..what a player...

syzygy
June 29, 2007, 12:52 PM
and how many times will yuvi finish the job for us...great cricketer with a great brain..he totally checked his shots and gave me a few heart beats in the begining..but perhaps he saved his best for the end...kudos to karthick for being a great support too and holding the innings together...anyway first major victory since world cup :) and those of u who thought it will be a whitewash may have to eat ur own words..lol

cheers!..and yayyyyyy!!!

Surfer
June 29, 2007, 01:00 PM
Yuvraj has got a very wise cricketing brain. He judged the conditions well and made judicious use of the resources. Karthik is a very bright prospect for India. Good positive signs.

DJ Sahastra
June 29, 2007, 01:16 PM
Quite some feats:

1. It has been quite sometime since Sachin came up with an innings to remmeber when India is chasing. And also quite sometime since he took MoM award in a successful India chase.

2. It has been quite sometime since India had a solid opening stand in a target Chase.

3. It has been quite sometime since India openers - and more so Sachin & Ganguly - combined for a century partnership.

4. It is a long time since India has successfully chased a target against SA on a ground outside India.

In all honesty, India dominated both the games - the first game was taken away courtesy Kallis. India almost managed to throw the second game away too - luckily history didn't repeat itself.

Mahir
June 29, 2007, 11:38 PM
The good 'ole Sachin-Sourav opening partnership! Are we going back in time ? In any case, it was a much-needed victory for India. But poor Sachin and Gambhir. One gets two 90s and the other gets dropped for one non-performance after showing signs of consistency. Tsk tsk. Cant India continue with one stable line-up for god's sakes ?

Sourav, Sachin, Gambhir, Dravid, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Karthik, Piyush, Zaheer, RP, Sreesanth.

That's the best possible lineup for the time being. Ishant takes injured Sreesanth spot. Why bother with Mr Powar ? Yuvraj, Sachin n Sourav can combine to complete the 5th bowler's spot easily.

Surfer
June 30, 2007, 01:14 AM
The good 'ole Sachin-Sourav opening partnership! Are we going back in time ? In any case, it was a much-needed victory for India. But poor Sachin and Gambhir. One gets two 90s and the other gets dropped for one non-performance after showing signs of consistency. Tsk tsk. Cant India continue with one stable line-up for god's sakes ?

Sourav, Sachin, Gambhir, Dravid, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Karthik, Piyush, Zaheer, RP, Sreesanth.

That's the best possible lineup for the time being. Ishant takes injured Sreesanth spot. Why bother with Mr Powar ? Yuvraj, Sachin n Sourav can combine to complete the 5th bowler's spot easily.

Power makes sense as SA has a very distinct weakness against spin. I dont have any problems with these changes as it keeps it competitive. These are temporary changes and not that Gambhir has been dropped off the team, the playing 11 should be the best out of it.

ialbd
June 30, 2007, 02:56 AM
not bad, good game india....

Surfer
July 1, 2007, 10:24 AM
Well, the third match is on.....its a 31 overs match. SA are / after overs.

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 10:27 AM
umpire aleem dar has become worse to worst since world cup...straight forward caught behind at slips not given...what a poor umpiring..and why was ab devileres showing his pad?..poor sportsmanship to say the least...anyway good that dar is banned now and wont be officiating in 20-20 world cup.

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 10:30 AM
From Cricinfo:

Khan to de Villiers, no run, whoah! Zaheer pitches it back of a length, on off stump, gets it to move away and just clip the bottom egde of the bat, and Tendulkar at first slip holds a neat catch, but umpire Dar doesnt react! What was wrong with that? Replays show a clear edge...oh ho ho!

I cant believe that catch was not given by Aleem Dar. That was out as out can be. No chat with his square-leg umpire or a referral.

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 10:37 AM
yah that was straightforward catch. .. hope ABD doesnt go on to score a big one now ..

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 10:40 AM
India bowling well .. run rate only 2.5

oracle
July 1, 2007, 10:50 AM
Agarkar looks to get more wickets here..

oracle
July 1, 2007, 10:51 AM
I thing the dropped catch decision was one of the worst decisions by Aleem Dar.
Anyway devilliers is out!

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 10:55 AM
dada on fire..on a hatrick!!!!!!!

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 10:57 AM
I thing the dropped catch decision was one of the worst decisions by Aleem Dar.
Anyway devilliers is out!

very true.. i have never seen a first slip catch not given by a umpire!..this is perhaps the worst decision in his entire cricketing career...but poor sportsmanship by delviliers too for showing his pad..anyway he got his due to dada

crikss
July 1, 2007, 10:59 AM
if anyone wants to watch the match juz click my signature...

Surfer
July 1, 2007, 11:00 AM
RP getting maidens.....SA is in some serious trouble here.

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 11:02 AM
Bowling O M R W Econ
Z Khan 5 0 16 0 3.20
AB Agarkar 4 0 8 2 2.00
RP Singh 3 2 2 0 0.66
SC Ganguly 2 0 4 2 2.00

superb stuff so far

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 11:10 AM
another close LBW vs. Kemp not given. it was probably the height as per cricinfo.

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:12 PM
Tendulkar found Kemp, one more ball to go

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:13 PM
another scalp for Tendulkar, tendulkar rocks!

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:13 PM
South Africa finish 148/7, too easy a target for India with such batting line up

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 12:14 PM
148/7 after 50 overs. good recovery but a target which requires less than 5 an over in a 30 over match looks easy.

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:17 PM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.f1167be6a6.jpg (http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?f1167be6a6.jpg)

the happy sourav

Sovik
July 1, 2007, 12:20 PM
its not going to be easy.

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:22 PM
I wish Pakistan could play Scottland, after being beaten by Ireland another rain-effected match with Scotch could really put them into test.

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:31 PM
Last ball first over from Steyn and Tendulkar punishes it duly. India will easily cruise to victory in this one.

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:33 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>1.1</TD><TD width="100%">Ntini to Ganguly, 1 run, dropped! Tough chance but! Ganguly stands and plays at one angled across him off a short length with an open face, and Kallis dives to his left and doesnt hold on to the offer </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now that kind of stuff that can add more pain to Kallis's face

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:36 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>1.6</TD><TD width="100%">Ntini to Tendulkar, OUT, now thats a catch! Tendulkar feels for one outside off stump, that pitches and straighten and climbs, and the edge is brilliantly held by Boucher, inititally moving one way but adjusting to stretch full to his right and pluck it in front of slip, one-handed! Awesome catch! </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=30></TD><TD>SR Tendulkar c http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifBoucher b Ntini 8 (8b 2x4 0x6) SR: 100.00 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Now that can go for my 1500th post.

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:54 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>4.4</TD><TD width="100%">Steyn to Gambhir, OUT, played on! Gambhir tries to latch onto the shortish delivery outside off stump but the ball hurries onto him and he gets an under-edge onto the stumps as he swivels </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD width=30></TD><TD>G Gambhir b Steyn 5 (11b 1x4 0x6) SR: 45.45 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks to Steyn, this Gambhir is can be dangerous.

israr
July 1, 2007, 12:58 PM
Get em!

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 12:58 PM
ok now this looks difficult .. lets see if India can win from here.

One World
July 1, 2007, 01:03 PM
Ganguly too hot for Steyn

Nocturnal
July 1, 2007, 01:07 PM
can anyone provide a free link for this match? daruchini doesn't working for me today.

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 01:10 PM
3 rd down .. ganguly goes.

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 01:13 PM
SA has made quite some match,lets see when they choke..

One World
July 1, 2007, 01:19 PM
this should be a plain easy win for Indos if there is no magical spell from Kallis.

One World
July 1, 2007, 01:21 PM
India have lost the crucial wicket of Saurav ganguly with the score reading 38/3 in the 10th over

Nel bowls a maiden over and India are now 38/3 after 11 overs.

Dramatic turn of events!!

israr
July 1, 2007, 01:27 PM
India will lose this to follow their tradition of loosing in finals.

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 01:30 PM
India still far ahead of SA at same point in game.

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 01:31 PM
103 needed for 105 balls

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 01:34 PM
Sloth partnership from Dravid and Yuvraj

One World
July 1, 2007, 01:39 PM
wc boundary for Yuv

One World
July 1, 2007, 01:48 PM
85 of 78 delivery, runrate piling up

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 01:57 PM
72 needed now from 64 balls,I think India is at the better position.

One World
July 1, 2007, 01:59 PM
stupid over from kallis

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:04 PM
good change of pace, kemp

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 02:08 PM
Kallis winning the game for India..

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 02:09 PM
India require another 44 runs with 7 wickets and 48 balls remaining

Should be easy

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 02:11 PM
Kallis winning the game for India..
15 from Dravid.

Typical choker.

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
42 needed from 42

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:14 PM
steyn is back

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:15 PM
and he strucks

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 02:15 PM
Dravid run out .. not needed at this stage of the game ... this could trigger a collapse India is so well known for..

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 02:21 PM
Dravid gone.

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 02:24 PM
7 runs off Ntini over,31 from 30 required

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:25 PM
26.3 Steyn to Yuvraj, SIX!!, slower delivery on the off, Yuvraj waits for it, gets underneath it and smashes it over long off, is it going to be out, yes it is out, the ball is out of the ground!!!

that will ease out the pressure

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:26 PM
when steyn was looking good Yuv made it happen again

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 02:30 PM
22 needed from 22

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:31 PM
only 1 from hall's over, coming back

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:33 PM
dhoni hits a 4, indian supporters has gone crazy in cricbuzz.com

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:35 PM
Nel is the worst capped bowler SA ever produced

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 02:37 PM
12 from 14,slow and painful killing

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 02:38 PM
1 from HAll and 10 from Nel.:D

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:40 PM
4 from yuvraj, that should do it. India made a easy chase look harder.

Shafin
July 1, 2007, 02:42 PM
2 more neeeded

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 02:43 PM
4 to win the game! India wins Future cup 2-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One World
July 1, 2007, 02:53 PM
none of my team won, its a bad day for cricket, also drizzling here, cloudy patches with escaping sunlight, time to listen to some RS. :)

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 02:55 PM
India will lose this to follow their tradition of loosing in finals.

Take that Saf!!!! comfortable victory for india....and for those who thought it would be a whitewash , what say now??..lol

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 02:57 PM
india dont need a coach as well to win matches...shown the world the way...great performance..batting..bowling and fielding

Sovik
July 1, 2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/77000/77064.jpg

whats happening

Kabir
July 1, 2007, 03:20 PM
Nel is the worst capped bowler SA ever produced

Agree wholeheartedly.

Kabir
July 1, 2007, 03:22 PM
Take that Saf!!!! comfortable victory for india....and for those who thought it would be a whitewash , what say now??..lol

Well, what say now. We beat both India and SA...so both India and SA sucks...it was a minnow's tournament you know! :lol:

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 03:30 PM
Well, what say now. We beat both India and SA...so both India and SA sucks...it was a minnow's tournament you know! :lol:

hohoho....it seems u are still living in the past..:lol:..got to be as there is nothing in the present to cheer u off!.....btw how many times did ind and saf beat u guys?..anyways cya & have fun!..got to have a party tonite

israr
July 1, 2007, 03:38 PM
South Africa doesn't even cares about this result, look at the ratio between the South Africans and Indians present in the ground, and I doubt how many South Africans would have been watching this on TV. They wanted to gift this to India.

Kabir
July 1, 2007, 03:53 PM
hohoho....it seems u are still living in the past..:lol:..got to be as there is nothing in the present to cheer u off!.....btw how many times did ind and saf beat u guys?..anyways cya & have fun!..got to have a party tonite

Yea man, have a party tonight. Afterall, those are hard to come by for Indian fans these days :lol:

Btw, don't stretch that one line comment of mine...you should be old enough to know that was a 30 second joke.

ammark
July 1, 2007, 03:54 PM

South Africa doesn't even cares about this result, look at the ratio between the South Africans and Indians present in the ground, and I doubt how many South Africans would have been watching this on TV. They wanted to gift this to India.

Alright guys, you've had plenty of fun. Lets not get carried away making more inflammatory comments. Our Indian visitors have a right to defend themselves to your remarks, but there's no need for you all to degrade this thread when responding to them.

Ammar
- Mod

Nocturnal
July 1, 2007, 03:58 PM
Well done India, there were lot of good things in last two games that our team (Tigers) can learn.

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 04:00 PM

you can't be serious. A strong, professional team like SA would like to rout weaker opponents and consolidate their position in the rankings not gift series and lose points.

Ahg984
July 1, 2007, 04:33 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/77000/77064.jpg

whats happening

yah I am curious too .... what's going on here??? why is the Indian dude leaning on the SA bowler (Ntini I presume).

Kabir
July 1, 2007, 04:47 PM
Ammar: May be you missed my 2nd post.

ammark
July 1, 2007, 04:53 PM
Ammar: May be you missed my 2nd post.

I didnt. And I know you guys were poking fun... thats what I mentioned... but there's a limit to everything, so the reminder was placed :)

DJ Sahastra
July 1, 2007, 05:06 PM
Pre-World Cup:
India beat West Indies 3-1
India beat SL 2-1

Post World Cup:
India beat BD 2-0
India beat Ireland 1-0
India beat SA 2-1

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 05:46 PM
yah I am curious too .... what's going on here??? why is the Indian dude leaning on the SA bowler (Ntini I presume).

well theres nothing in it...tendlya just got out and was walking off without seeing that Ntini was on his way ..ntini also did nt saw tendlya and was about to start his celebration with other players..tv replays showed the caps and there was nothing in it, both men unknowingly came in each others ways..look tendlyas head is still down and he is not even watching who is in his way....

btw what a friendly gesture by the genius to ask yuvi on the stage to share the man of the series...modesty at its best!

syzygy
July 1, 2007, 05:52 PM
Pre-World Cup:
India beat West Indies 3-1
India beat SL 2-1

Post World Cup:
India beat BD 2-0
India beat Ireland 1-0
India beat SA 2-1

yes this should remind one of our friend that we have been celebrating quite often lately (2007), 10 - 3 to be precise except the world cup (partly becoz of the poor format) which indeed seems to be an abberation now when we place these stats in place. i hope its not hard to figure out.

Antora
July 1, 2007, 07:39 PM
owww SA lost :(

Electrequiem
July 1, 2007, 08:52 PM
I am sad SA lost :( ... I loved Kemp's and Gibb's innings today, real classy!

Kabir
July 2, 2007, 12:38 AM
I guess someone's kinda upset that I poked fun of his favorite team. Chill my friend. Don't feel so insecured. Your team is the best...happy?

patriot
July 2, 2007, 04:57 AM
Winning once in a blue moon against SA doesn't really make you a good team.
We can all treat this as a shock series victory OR maybe this was just another 'bad day in office' for the Africans.:floor:

Ahg984
July 2, 2007, 07:42 AM
Well done India, there were lot of good things in last two games that our team (Tigers) can learn.

Thank you, appreciate the goodwill by some posters here.

syzygy
July 2, 2007, 08:27 AM
frankly do i or team india needs someone's stamp of assurance to prove its authority? i guess he has a lot more to worry about his own team in their own battle, look who is feeling insecured here. anyway if that makes somebody happy let it be.

syzygy
July 2, 2007, 08:36 AM
We can all treat this as a shock series victory OR maybe this was just another 'bad day in office' for the Africans.:floor:

lol..so u mean u are winning more frequently against the top 8 ? ..can someone pull up the record book pls. i guess its even worse than once in a blue moon becoz it happens once in a year, so may be u have to wait until next year for something to cherish..

Shafin
July 2, 2007, 09:03 AM
Well,they're chokers,they'll choke in any given day.Thats just what happened.

One World
July 2, 2007, 01:17 PM
Dont worry. Ask Ponting, do you fear playing India more than SA?

Kabir
July 2, 2007, 02:00 PM
Dont worry. Ask Ponting, do you fear playing India more than SA?

Oh come on. You should rather ask Dravid, whether he wants to play Australia. India's too busy these days you know. Afterall, they don't need the stamp of assurance that they're the best cricket team in the world now!

ammark
July 2, 2007, 02:29 PM
2nd reminder: Watch it with those comments guys. Whatever you do, dont go overboard

Ammar
-Mod

Ganguly da
July 2, 2007, 06:25 PM

what the heck does ratio gotta do with anything? there are more indians everywhere in the world than south africans....stop posting your mindless crap.

I know you and few others here dislike Indians and anything Indians do or write or post or publish, doesn't mean you can't accept the fact that they have won.

ammark
July 2, 2007, 07:12 PM
Thats enough. This thread is now closed. I wont tolerate double-edged questions either.

Ammar
-Mod