PDA

View Full Version : ICC to allow Free Hit's in ODI's now: How will it effect us?

cricman
June 26, 2007, 04:25 PM
I'd like to think that it would help us since our trio of spinners and Rasel rarely give away extras so in that since it would help us but then again it'll take away aggression from Shahadat and Masri, Enam jr has a NB problom so his ODI career is all but over until he fixes it.

This'll our batsmen the extra life that they need sometimes and give them a few free hits that they need. Also with this rule in place no room for KM/JO/Bashar in the team no more. Batsmen like Ashraful, Tamim, Aftab, and Kapali are gonna benefit and Masri probably is gonna get promoted to the top order

Plus it's depressing to talk about this Test match

'Free hits' in ODIs to get ICC nod (http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=T&ct=us/4-0&fd=R&url=http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Free_hits_in_ODIs_to_get_ICC_nod/articleshow/2152074.cms&cid=1117604523&ei=MoSBRvjqLIqw0QGY4-WhCA)

israr
June 26, 2007, 04:54 PM
ICC is really eccentric enough to introduce free hit in ODIS. In 20-20s, it was fine, but they are seriously degrading the quality of coneventional laws and rules of ODIs.

Sovik
June 26, 2007, 04:57 PM
ICC is really eccentric enough to introduce free hit in ODIS. In 20-20s, it was fine, but they are seriously degrading the quality of coneventional laws and rules of ODIs.

what are conventional rules? they are trying to make cricket batsman friendly. and cricket is becoming boring. too much cricket going on right now. few years ago we had to wait for a tournament now the tournaments are everywhere. and those offshore matches are making everything worse

Omio
June 26, 2007, 04:59 PM
If BD gets any free hitz then this wud b happen:

1.Tamim- Try to hit a six by down the wicket.
2.JO-Block the ball or leave the ball.
3.Aftab-Flick the ball over the mid on region.
4.Sakib-Squre cut
5.Ash-I for get the shot name may b paddle sweep(Played aganist SA)
6.Tushar-Try to play through mid wicket
7.Mushy-try to get single
8.Mash-Try to send the ball near the commentry box.
9.Rafique-Try to get a six but may couldnt able to get connect to bat properly.
10-Razzaq-Try to get 1 boundary.
11.Russel-Try to take single may b double.

bangla786
June 26, 2007, 05:19 PM
If BD gets any free hitz then this wud b happen:

1.Tamim- Try to hit a six by down the wicket.
2.JO-Block the ball or leave the ball.
3.Aftab-Flick the ball over the mid on region.
4.Sakib-Squre cut
5.Ash-I for get the short name may b paddle sweep(Played aganist SA)
6.Tushar-Try to play through mid wicket
7.Mushy-try to get single
8.Mash-Try to send the ball near the commentry box.
9.Rafique-Try to get a six but may couldnt able to get connect to bat properly.
10-Razzaq-Try to get 1 boundary.
11.Russel-Try to take single may b double.

:floor: :floor:

al Furqaan
June 26, 2007, 06:40 PM
i agree it helps us...our ODI bowlers are amongst the best in avoiding Ws, and NBs...

but it still bastardizes the game...its OK for 20-20s but its not suitable for ODIs.

One World
June 26, 2007, 09:33 PM
Aftab and tamim must be on the phone right now.

Electrequiem
June 26, 2007, 09:34 PM
:D This is good news. ODI becomes a little more interesting.

ialbd
June 26, 2007, 10:08 PM
just to clarify....is free hit just letting the batsman to hit the ball with no fielders? does the bowler bowl a regular over-arm delivery?

Anher
June 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
It would be interesting to see if JO opens his arm, come donw the track, and how far he actually could send the ball

Haider
June 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
"ICC to allow Free Hit's in ODI's now: How will it effect us? "
What is free hits??? sorry i m new to cricket

AsifTheManRahman
June 26, 2007, 10:42 PM
"ICC to allow Free Hit's in ODI's now: How will it effect us? "
What is free hits??? sorry i m new to cricket

you are given a single-delivery license to kill after a no-ball, without having to worry about getting out.

Timtim
June 26, 2007, 11:17 PM
I'd expect most pacers to deliver a deadly yorker on the free hit ball

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 12:12 AM
Legal NB after an illegal NB? what difference is there betwenn legal NB & illegal NB? other than NOT getting bowled out? Sorry if I am wrong.

Cant agree with this 'street cricket' type of law, rather I like current law ( 1 run + 1 legal ball ).

Omio
June 27, 2007, 02:16 AM
Legal NB after an illegal NB? what difference is there betwenn legal NB & illegal NB? other than NOT getting bowled out? Sorry if I am wrong.

Cant agree with this 'street cricket' type of law, rather I like current law ( 1 run + 1 legal ball ).
Totally agree,

Protic
June 27, 2007, 02:21 AM
LOL..dunno about bd..might come out good..
BUT Australia will own SL. Dilhara Fernando will give away minimum of 5 free hits every match.

patriot
June 27, 2007, 07:01 AM
Pakistan will suffer the most.Their bowlers are known for their generosity in giving no-balls.

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 07:05 AM
ICC's on crack.

Padosan
June 27, 2007, 09:19 AM
Man ICC is coming harder on the bowlers as the day progresses.

This is all total crap, they are amreican-sports-ising, the beautiful game of cricket. why not the bowler gets a free ball if a batsman gets a life or gets beaten ? Like batsman should move away from the stumps and the bowler can bowl at the stumps. What the heck, they already have shorter boundaries, power plays, field restrictions, flat tracks .. all loaded in favor of the batsmen. At this rate the race of spinners will be extinct in a few years from the face of cricket. I say take it the other way, no more field restrictions, then the contest between bat and ball would be even.

as put by sohel, ICC 's on crack. The X- greats are meeting and forming these new rules as a part of their fantasies.

Ehsan
June 27, 2007, 10:59 AM
True, Padosan. If ICC is going to the direction they are hinting then soon we will see that cricketing countries have stopped produce good bowlers. All the focus will be on producing great batsmen.

But as far as how this will effect us goes, I think we will benefit from it for a short time. This will not do any good for long time, as we may not see BD producing any good bowlers with aggressive and wicket taking instincts.

Tigers_eye
June 27, 2007, 11:31 AM
In test, the bowlers can make unlimited mistakes. The penalty at most can be 6 runs each ball. For the batsman, they can only make one mistake. That would end their innings. So test is seen as a bowlers game. To counter that the flat tracks came in to equation.

ODI is seen as a batsman's game (for entertainment purposes). The bowlers have restrictions (# of overs). Fielding is restricted. Then came the substitution and powerplay. Now the free hit. All in all, they are just arming the batsman to break some more records.

I am against all these stupid rules and experiments. This should be 50 overs game that's it. May be I still like test over ODIs and that allowed me to have this type of opinion.

Tintin
June 28, 2007, 02:17 AM
"Perhaps they may ban the yorker and the outswinger also."
<!--EZCODE BOLD START-->Dennis Lillee<!--EZCODE BOLD END--> when asked about the proposed free-hit rule in ODIs that the ICC may implement in near future

Sovik
June 28, 2007, 03:36 AM
It would be interesting to see if JO opens his arm, come donw the track, and how far he actually could send the ball

over the 30 meter circle and ball will nearly reach the boundary.

Sovik
June 28, 2007, 03:40 AM
"Perhaps they may ban the yorker and the outswinger also."
<!--EZCODE BOLD START-->Dennis Lillee<!--EZCODE BOLD END--> when asked about the proposed free-hit rule in ODIs that the ICC may implement in near future

good idea.

may be one ball has to be bowled on leg stump. no seam on the ball. metal strips on the bat.

ICC a joke. we have 20-20. they can experiment all that they want. cricket has become boring already. there is nothing left for the bowler. there will hardly be any mcgrath, pollock, warne, murali if they continue to make this game batsman friendly.

cricket_king
June 28, 2007, 03:42 AM
I am totally against this idea. I knew ODIs would gradually become 20/20s

truetruetiger
June 28, 2007, 03:50 AM
what happens when the bowler bowls a no-ball of a free hit?? do the batsmen get a free-free hit??/:)

Yameen
June 28, 2007, 03:56 PM
if there is a free hit, would the fielding team be allowed to spread the field?

personaly i dnt agree with this, a penalty run and having to bowl an xtra ball is more than enough

al Furqaan
June 28, 2007, 04:08 PM
I am against all these stupid rules and experiments. This should be 50 overs game that's it. May be I still like test over ODIs and that allowed me to have this type of opinion.

im with you on this brother...in fact i think everyone but the ICC is.

Omio
June 28, 2007, 04:39 PM
I think it will be interesting.
"Try something new today"