PDA

View Full Version : First Test day 3 bulletin : Resolute Bangladesh extend Colombo Test

Miraz
June 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
Current Tour

Bangladesh in Sri Lanka, 2007
Resolute Bangladesh extend Colombo Test
27 June 2007
Bangladeshi batsmen have put a gritty effort to extend first Test beyond third day at SSC ground in Colombo today. Bangladesh ended the day at 233-5 and still trailing by 255 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the second innings.
After fighting hard throughout the day, Bangladesh have blown the advantage away when some lapse of concentration resulted in the downfall of Saleh and Ashraful, and Bangladesh slumped to 231-5 from a commanding 227-3.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read the rest of the bulletin ยป (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2007/INT/BD_IN_SL/tour.php)

sandpiper
June 27, 2007, 11:25 AM
after that debacle on the first day, I am really satisfied to see the tigers fought back against the kind of Murali, Vaas, Dilhara and Malinga. Hope they will bat sensibly tonight.

Sadz
June 27, 2007, 12:25 PM
Bangladesh have tried really hard to value their wicket and that must have been on all of their minds, except for a Ash's rush of blood at the end! Anyways who is with me that they will do very well tomorow as well because when they r playing good they carry on playing good.

Sillypoint
June 27, 2007, 12:27 PM
I am not so sure about the tail-enders. Murali is so unplayable.....wait till those days when there will be no Murali. BTW, when is he retiring?

sandpiper
June 27, 2007, 12:36 PM
yet no sign of his retirement, he is in the pursuit of taking 1000 wickets in test cricket >:) :E :head:
I am not so sure about the tail-enders. Murali is so unplayable.....wait till those days when there will be no Murali. BTW, when is he retiring?

al Furqaan
June 27, 2007, 12:38 PM
my goal for the 1st test has been achieved...all along i knew 5 days was next to impossible...so i wanted cricket to be played up to a 4th day (i.e at least 9 full sessions) without rain helps. we got that.

more importantly, with 5 wickets left, we should bat out at least another full session...then i will be reasonably satisfied and quite hopeful for the rest of the series.

ideally batting out half of the day is best for us.

Duck
June 27, 2007, 06:44 PM
Our guys are still the biggest enigma on the face of Earth!

I have plenty of faith (!) that they will do the opposite of 3rd day! Will be bundled out in the morning!

Once Sakib will be gone, rest of the batters would be swept by Murali.....who is craving for the record test wickets!

tonoy
June 27, 2007, 07:14 PM
Miraz bhai you missed to point out the battle between Nafees and Muralitharan. It seems as though you are biased towards Nafees, since he is the only player capable of getting more things accomplished than your favorite player ;)

One World
June 27, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yes resistance did amaze Sriram Veera but he agreed the inevitable is coming and the crack has begun on the wall, its definitely our master's charismatic flambuoyance although I cannot blame him.

I like the attitude of learning from the first innings mistakes.