PDA

View Full Version : Invite Windies to Bangladesh!

israr
June 27, 2007, 04:27 PM
Firstly, I want to state that I simply didn’t open this thread for mere discussions about envisaging the results for a Bangladesh-West Indies contest, but instead talking about the genuine possibilities for the tour of West Indies to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> this August. I am not sure whether any members of Banglacricket has direct links or connections with high BCB officials, but aware of the fact of the popularity of this website and that this site is visited by many notable characters. So I am a bit hopeful about my thoughts. Coming to the point, I think WI can tour <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> the coming August for two tests, two 20-20s, and three ODIs. WI does not have any fixtures In August 2007, so is the case with <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> as well, hence I guess this tour can be easily fit in the whole month of August. I know there’s going to be heavy downpour of rainfall during that period of time, but I am sure fans back home would be elated if this tour is arranged. Moreover, the last time WI won a test was 2 years back, and the last overseas test they won was way back in 2000! My conjecture is that the WICB and their players can be lured by this offer from BCB, as they would think of gaining this opportunity to improve on their dismal records of late, but in fact, the contest would be much closer and exciting than the ‘outsiders’ may think. I am very serious about this matter and not fabricating any jokes, hence I voiced my opinion in June itself, as I understand it will not be easy to negotiate and arrange everything in a short span of time, since the relationship between the WICB and WIPA has besmirched. Who knows we can achieve our first ‘real’ test victory before the 20-20 WC?

Nafi
June 27, 2007, 04:32 PM
Yeh that would be great all matches would be a WASHOUT.

We can easiy win a test match if the match is reduced to two hours and we have ash and mash batting a fiery innings :lol:

al Furqaan
June 27, 2007, 04:34 PM
i think it would be a good idea to call windies in november...

israr
June 27, 2007, 04:36 PM

We can easiy win a test match if the match is reduced to two hours and we have ash and mash batting a fiery innings :lol:

Alright, I guess I've opened a useless thread.
Mods, close this thread, before it turns into a mockery.
Thanks.

sandpiper
June 27, 2007, 04:37 PM
I think it wouldnt be possible in such a short period of time. I wonder after completing a long english tour they wont agree to tour south asia just before the 20-20 world cup.
Its not a cricket season in Bangladesh also :)

Murad
June 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
i think it would be a good idea to call windies in november...

we are goin to New Zealand in november....

sandpiper
June 27, 2007, 04:51 PM
but NZ would be in south africa in November :-/ :-/

source: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/team/5.html?template=schedule
we are goin to New Zealand in november....

Rifat
June 27, 2007, 04:53 PM

hey man NEVER GET COCKY, even if we ever become the #1 test team in the world. it could always go the other way around.

on 2nd thoughts we should play the indies next year or so cause i think we might play new zealand this late november/december.

Rifat
June 27, 2007, 04:57 PM
England is an excellent test team, so losing to england doesn't necessarily ensure that they will easily crumble to Bangladesh

sandpiper
June 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
England is not an EXCELLENT test team.:wave: They lost the Ashes 5-0 in this very year. :)

England is an excellent test team, so losing to england doesn't necessarily ensure that they will easily crumble to Bangladesh

MohammedC
June 27, 2007, 05:46 PM
Current Widies team are still a bit better then BD but only by little Margin they have 3 good batsman and few average fast bowler. I can see Bangladesh do well against them unfortunately according ICC FTP we dont play with WI till 2009

Rifat
June 27, 2007, 06:09 PM
Current Widies team are still a bit better then BD but only by little Margin they have 3 good batsman and few average fast bowler. I can see Bangladesh do well against them unfortunately according ICC FTP we dont play with WI till 2009

a lot can change until 2009, right?

MohammedC
June 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
a lot can change until 2009, right?

Yeah WI can get even weaker and BD can get even stronger

sandpiper
June 27, 2007, 06:16 PM
:shh: :shh: shhhhhhhhhh.....amader batsmen ra shune felbe ;)
Yeah WI can get even weaker and BD can get even stronger

BD-Shardul
June 28, 2007, 12:54 AM

Guys,

West indies's only weak point is their bowling. Otherwise they are fine. And please do not dream even in your dream that we will beat them.

PoorFan
June 28, 2007, 01:02 AM
<!--StartFragment -->Like we always do, it ( BD ) will help WI to regain their from back, no doubt.

jabbar
June 28, 2007, 01:15 AM

Ha!

ononto
June 28, 2007, 01:54 AM
Firstly, I want to state that I simply didn’t open this thread for mere discussions about envisaging the results for a Bangladesh-West Indies contest, but instead talking about the genuine possibilities for the tour of West Indies to Bangladesh this August. I am not sure whether any members of Banglacricket has direct links or connections with high BCB officials, but aware of the fact of the popularity of this website and that this site is visited by many notable characters. So I am a bit hopeful about my thoughts. Coming to the point, I think WI can tour <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st=" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> the coming August for two tests, two 20-20s, and three ODIs. WI does not have any fixtures In August 2007, so is the case with <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> as well, hence I guess this tour can be easily fit in the whole month of August. I know there’s going to be heavy downpour of rainfall during that period of time, but I am sure fans back home would be elated if this tour is arranged. Moreover, the last time WI won a test was 2 years back, and the last overseas test they won was way back in 2000! My conjecture is that the WICB and their players can be lured by this offer from BCB, as they would think of gaining this opportunity to improve on their dismal records of late, but in fact, the contest would be much closer and exciting than the ‘outsiders’ may think. I am very serious about this matter and not fabricating any jokes, hence I voiced my opinion in June itself, as I understand it will not be easy to negotiate and arrange everything in a short span of time, since the relationship between the WICB and WIPA has besmirched. Who knows we can achieve our first ‘real’ test victory before the 20-20 WC?

Off season in bd and fixture just b4 the 20-20 wc, are the main two reasons it's not going to happen. And it's tuff to plan a fixture with a month's short notice

Foozy
June 28, 2007, 04:25 AM
:shh: :shh: shhhhhhhhhh.....amader batsmen ra shune felbe ;)

hahaha... love that one!!!

Antora
June 28, 2007, 04:29 AM
nooo please no more cricket for bangladesh.. they are already having enough cricket.. the next thing we want is bangladesh's test status being taken away and odi status as well!!!! (is that even possible)

Cricket Crazy
June 28, 2007, 04:34 AM
Playing WI would a very good idea...

One World
June 28, 2007, 09:08 PM
# 14 is classy humor while #20 is ironically funny and exertion of frustration of an exuberant fan.

For the thread I would say do not play West Indies right now. Beside its inability to fall within the current fixture of ICC IMHO other than planning International test series we make it hard for our players to get a place in the national team. We start a hard prolong domestic tournament and make every player to take part in it and ensure that only proven performers will be screened out for the national team.

Kuddus
June 28, 2007, 09:24 PM
We should try to arrange some sort of tri-series with Ireland and Netherlands....I think it might be surprisingly competitive.

rah
June 29, 2007, 10:43 AM

:floor:

mali007
June 29, 2007, 06:30 PM
Firstly, I want to state that I simply didn’t open this thread for mere discussions about envisaging the results for a Bangladesh-West Indies contest, but instead talking about the genuine possibilities for the tour of West Indies to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><st1:country-region w:st=<st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> this August. I am not sure whether any members of Banglacricket has direct links or connections with high BCB officials, but aware of the fact of the popularity of this website and that this site is visited by many notable characters. So I am a bit hopeful about my thoughts. Coming to the point, I think WI can tour <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> the coming August for two tests, two 20-20s, and three ODIs. WI does not have any fixtures In August 2007, so is the case with <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangladesh</st1:place></st1:country-region> as well, hence I guess this tour can be easily fit in the whole month of August. I know there’s going to be heavy downpour of rainfall during that period of time, but I am sure fans back home would be elated if this tour is arranged. Moreover, the last time WI won a test was 2 years back, and the last overseas test they won was way back in 2000! My conjecture is that the WICB and their players can be lured by this offer from BCB, as they would think of gaining this opportunity to improve on their dismal records of late, but in fact, the contest would be much closer and exciting than the ‘outsiders’ may think. I am very serious about this matter and not fabricating any jokes, hence I voiced my opinion in June itself, as I understand it will not be easy to negotiate and arrange everything in a short span of time, since the relationship between the WICB and WIPA has besmirched. Who knows we can achieve our first ‘real’ test victory before the 20-20 WC?
I liked your idea. I have already mentioned in another thread about playing WI at present time. We will perform better against the Windies and that would be moral boosting for the young tigers .

battye
July 1, 2007, 02:56 AM
2 Tests, 2 Twenty20's and 3 ODI's in one month?

Pretty tight schedule. Maybe 2 Tests alone would be more appropriate.

Sohel
July 1, 2007, 03:02 AM
# 14 is classy humor while #20 is ironically funny and exertion of frustration of an exuberant fan.

For the thread I would say do not play West Indies right now. Beside its inability to fall within the current fixture of ICC IMHO other than planning International test series we make it hard for our players to get a place in the national team. We start a hard prolong domestic tournament and make every player to take part in it and ensure that only proven performers will be screened out for the national team.

Hear, hear. It's about time we give our player better opportunities to turn those 50s into 100s, incidental wickets due to containment bowling into well-scripted strike bowling, and those half-wins into wins that count.

As for myself, the more the better ... watching Sarwan, Gayle, Chanderpaul and Samuels bat ... yumm.

battye
July 1, 2007, 10:41 AM
antora93 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=3793), congrats on your 1000 posts :)

israr
July 1, 2007, 01:05 PM
I just can't wait, two years a long time! BCB should use their heads and somehow arrange a series with Windies in the near future, and the sooner, the better, and hopefully, we can convince the critics that we're better than WI. After watching their performance against England, I feel like punishing them, and the best punishment they can receive is a series loss to Bangladesh!

israr
July 3, 2007, 04:30 AM
It'll be five and a half months before we play any test cricket, and again the same performance will be repeated like what we've done today. To avoid this, we need more tests. Look at the other teams, they keep on playing tests with very little break. BCB should take some initiative in this spare time!

jam
July 9, 2007, 09:27 AM
We need to play more of test cricket. Our next schedule is with NZ (end of this year). After the 20/20 WC in September, we can easily squeeze in a test series (consisting 2 tests) in October 2007.

I checked the 2007 fixture for all the teams. The only team that can play us at that time frame (Oct 2007) is -West Indies.

It will be good for us to play them, as at the moment they are not as strong as SL or Australia. More so, England just white washed them in Test. So they might be eager to play a weaker team like us - before they play the scheduled matches with SA at the end of Dec 2007.

Now who can plant this idea to BCB? Our players want to play more test cricket. We should do everything to accommodate that.

Baundule
July 9, 2007, 10:31 AM
14 posts, opening 4 threads. Excellent going.

Planting this idea to the BCB actually does not work. Let us go directly to the ICC.

mali007
July 9, 2007, 10:47 AM
We already discussed playing WI in another thread. Any way its a good idea. We have played too many tests against the mighty teams like SL, AUS., IND. We need weaker counter parts like WI and PAK. to boost our down graded MORAL !!

betaar
July 9, 2007, 11:10 PM
Just when we all talked about bringing WI to BD, they just concluded the a one-day series win against ENG in their own soil, you guys still up for it????

One World
July 9, 2007, 11:16 PM
I do not see much prospect of playing Windies. They are completely new team after the test series debacle and Gayle's prudent captaincy. They comfortably won the ODI trophy in a seaming condition. At a flat track likes of Gyle, Morton, Samuels and Shandra will be enough to pile up an unchasable total and Edwards, Powel, Rampal, Sammy can be little less hazardous compared to Lasith, Fernando, Vaas.