PDA

View Full Version : Personal expectations for second test

Sadz
July 1, 2007, 12:00 PM
Obviously I, like many other BD fans, am very upset over the innings and 234 runs drubbing from sri lanka in first test which was very similar to the last india test and I am not proud. But I like to dwell on the positives and work on the negatives and I have come up with personal expectations and would love to hear yours too.Here are some of them;

1. Take the game to day 5 and try to continue first innings without whole team being out on first day.
2.Mohammad Ashraful to get at least a century and hopefully one other player or two
3. Selectors to have faith in Mushy and sadly let pilot go as its best for the team
4.Javed Omar to hopefully get recovered as he is a very good batsmen on his day against any opposition
5.Post an overall total of above 400
6.At least 5 half centuries in 2 innings compared to a dismal 2 half century in previous
7.Play long, calm innings (especially the players who have the ability to conquer teams if they have a cool head, for eg; S.Nafees ,M.Ashraful, Omar and even the aggresive Mortaza)
8.Take at least 10-12 wickets as a team in 2 innings
9. Good individual performances because we know all the players can succeed if they are to concentrate as proven previously

One World
July 1, 2007, 12:51 PM
This is the time to come back. Bowl sensibly at the same place over and over. Frustrate them with your field settings. Show more patience and stronger mindset than your opponent. Come back sedately and confidently to bat with all your talents.
While fielding do not let go a single chance of getting a wicket. That might be a key to a historic draw or may be a win who knows.

Sohel
July 1, 2007, 12:54 PM
Play to win, play hard, play all 5 days ... 50s aren't good enough anymore, I want 100s from OUR batsmen for a change. PROVE 'EM WRONG ASH !

Nocturnal
July 1, 2007, 01:13 PM
Play to win, play hard, play all 5 days ... 50s aren't good enough anymore, I want 100s from OUR batsmen for a change. PROVE 'EM WRONG ASH !

ditto.

WarWolf
July 1, 2007, 01:21 PM
No matter how much they score, I wanna see them batting atleast 120 overs each innings.

Sadz
July 1, 2007, 03:15 PM
We will strive to complete 120 overs an innings, by the way Warwolf is that a days play?

istiak
July 1, 2007, 03:20 PM
We will strive to complete 120 overs an innings, by the way Warwolf is that a days play?

120 overs a day?..........:hairpull:

Slysaint
July 1, 2007, 03:43 PM
expectations? another innings and 100+ runs defeat

nasimul
July 1, 2007, 03:46 PM
300+ in both innings

Kabir
July 1, 2007, 03:51 PM
Expectations for 2nd Test: Score 250 runs minimum in both innings, and use 100+ overs to do that. I don't care whether you go all-out or not.

If I'm allowed to expect high, I would say, at least 3 batsmen should score 50+.

If I'm allowed to expect a bit more, I'ld say, at least 1 batsman of those 3 should score a century.

If I'm allowed to expect with insanity, I'ld say, score 300 runs minimum in each innings, and take 150 overs to do that.

israr
July 1, 2007, 04:33 PM
I don't want to enter a field where I am thinking of stretching the game to the 5th day. I'd enter the field with the intention of playing very hard cricket, never giving up hope, never getting distracted, and to fight with agression. I'd be more satiated if our team looses by a very small margin on the the end of the 3rd day, rather than solely depending on the Sri Lankans and some brief knocks from our batsman for determining a 5th day's play. Going into the fifth day and being vanquished comprehensively again won't make any differences.

SS
July 1, 2007, 06:40 PM
No expectations for second test...I am not excited like before.

Antora
July 1, 2007, 06:52 PM
to be honest ive lost excitement in this series.. but i would like ash to get a century...nafees if possible to get one as well... and a few more from otha players. try extreamely hard to play 5 days.. and post a total of 400 or more (me and my awkward dreamz)...

mali007
July 1, 2007, 07:39 PM
In our inauguration test we scored 400 in the innings against the mighty India . Now after six yrs. of test cricket its dream to score 400 in an innings . What an improvement
in test arena !!!!!

nahaz
July 1, 2007, 07:49 PM
I don't think 5-days is the right way to go about it with our team.I think they get frustrated when thye try to play like that.Maybe another reasonably positive start like in the 2nd innings, then we can concentrate more on the singles and not get out trying to play big shots.The team selection should be better this time round, so who knows!!Maybe we don't have to make another "what went wrong" thread this time round./:) Sorry for being a bit pessimistic.Must be coz it's early morning.:-p

Haradhon
July 1, 2007, 10:16 PM
Obviously I, like many other BD fans, am very upset over the innings and 234 runs drubbing from sri lanka in first test which was very similar to the last india test and I am not proud. But I like to dwell on the positives and work on the negatives and I have come up with personal expectations and would love to hear yours too.Here are some of them;

1. Take the game to day 5 and try to continue first innings without whole team being out on first day.
2.Mohammad Ashraful to get at least a century and hopefully one other player or two
3. Selectors to have faith in Mushy and sadly let pilot go as its best for the team
4.Javed Omar to hopefully get recovered as he is a very good batsmen on his day against any opposition
5.Post an overall total of above 400
6.At least 5 half centuries in 2 innings compared to a dismal 2 half century in previous
7.Play long, calm innings (especially the players who have the ability to conquer teams if they have a cool head, for eg; S.Nafees ,M.Ashraful, Omar and even the aggresive Mortaza)
8.Take at least 10-12 wickets as a team in 2 innings
9. Good individual performances because we know all the players can succeed if they are to concentrate as proven previously

10. Considering the number of LBW in the first test, BD batters should play Murali carefully, when the deliveries are on the middle and leg

Protic
July 1, 2007, 10:41 PM
2 Centuries
4 Half Centuries
400+ Runs in any of the innings ( probably 1st )
And ofcourse not a total failure in the other.
Taking all 10 wickets of SL in their first innings.

One World
July 1, 2007, 10:46 PM
Tip : Shahriar Nafees should start seeing every team as Australia and treat every bowler as Shane Warne - Myself.

Very optimistic signature.

Foozy
July 2, 2007, 04:24 AM
250 plus in both innings....
i dont expect for the whole team to b slumped again... but its difficult to expect too much..
id say we wont get to 400...
but i do think that it will be competitive. i think that itll b above 250 in first innings... and maybe even above 300 in the second..
overalll.. its pretty high an expectation from OUR team.. but i do think it will happen...
id also like to think and hope that ash makes a century... and bashar... rajin... nafees... and mushi (who will hopefully b in and mashud out)... each make half centuries of their own...
if this does happen... ill b happy irrespective of the outcome!!... if anythin more happens like 2 centuries... ill b simply delighted!!

Baundule
July 2, 2007, 04:33 AM
Just dont play it stupid! Play sensibly to your potential. If that means, we are bundled out for 50 or they are scoring 1000 runs, OK with me. Just dont give away your wickets. We can not lose, if the opponents can not take 20 wickets.

MysoreHuli
July 2, 2007, 06:59 AM
Stop basking in the glory of 2 wc wins. They are history, look forward for the next matches. Every match is a new one.

Sohel
July 2, 2007, 07:03 AM
Stop basking in the glory of 2 wc wins. They are history, look forward for the next matches. Every match is a new one.

Very trollish ... bored stiff or that "huli's" still "sore" from that WC whoopin' you just won't let US forget?

SS
July 2, 2007, 07:33 AM
Is that an expectations or you are evaluating performance? The topic is for our fans who want to make statements about their expectations, not about criticizing or reminiscing about past performance.

WarWolf
July 2, 2007, 07:44 AM
Very harsh one indeed.

cricket_dorshok
July 2, 2007, 07:45 AM
Personal expectations for second test?
Win by an innings and 235 runs.

SS
July 2, 2007, 10:57 AM
http://www.tigercricket.com/pgallery/Meeting_28407.jpg
source: tiger cricket
They look so dejected in the picture after the first test do you think we should expect something extraordinary when all of them look so down.

Sadz
July 2, 2007, 11:20 AM
from_haradhon10. Considering the number of LBW in the first test, BD batters should play Murali carefully, when the deliveries are on the middle and leg

sorry mate i forgot this really important one!

Sadz
July 2, 2007, 11:23 AM
from SS source: tiger cricket
They look so dejected in the picture after the first test do you think we should expect something extraordinary when all of them look so down.

You got a point there, u might be right. For the first time we actually WANT to learn from our mistakes in test matches. Encouraging.

akabir77
July 2, 2007, 11:46 AM
I would love to see some one other than Golla, Bashar and ash scoring a 100.(i wont mind if these three scores too)
Prospective centurions
1. SN
2. Musfiq
3. Jr.
4. Mash

Kabir
July 2, 2007, 11:48 AM
I want Jr. to make a kick a$$ entry into the Test cricket. He seemed patient in his ODI batting, but that is not to judge his Test abilities by any means.

I also want to see Nafees get a ton, if not that, then 75+, if not that, the absolute minimum would be a 50. Otherwise, I'll send a complaint to Ishita, and she'll take care of the rest. :)

Sadz
July 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
Hmm. clever thinking Kabir u wont get blamed if u r wrong as u have given plenty of possibilities, wise but I like it!