PDA

View Full Version : Shahadat's Grunt

inspyr9
July 1, 2007, 03:55 PM
Its too bad rajib cant grunt anymore against sl batsmen. and we all know its the secret behind his success against Srilanka. Guys can u come up with different ways to annoy srilankan batsmen specially the captain?

Nocturnal
July 1, 2007, 04:06 PM
I was reading this news too in today's prothom-alo sports page. and I'm not sure what to say, if it's within the law that Batsman can have their objection then what can you say, I also know Shaun Tait and Warne has this issue but so far no one complaint about it though.
http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news.details.php?nid=NDc2MTg=&mid=OA==

So, no I can't or maybe I won't annoy srilankan batsmen with grunt (or something like it) to get their wicket, I would make them do mistake with my bowling accuracy and swing maybe :)

israr
July 1, 2007, 04:26 PM
Show agression, deliver some nasty bouncers(well ofcourse, not to injure him!), but never loose focus and concentration. That'd be my advice to Shahadat.

Omio
July 1, 2007, 04:31 PM
Mahela is poor minded,
He shouldnt complain about this,
Shadat had some net practise without making this sound,hope he will recover himself.

Nafi
July 1, 2007, 04:55 PM
It is clearly no against the law of cricket

"Distracting the opposition
If a member of the fielding side deliberately distracts or attempts to distract the batsman on strike while he is preparing to receive or receiving a delivery, the umpire immediately declares the ball to be dead. The umpire also informs the fielding captain of the incident. The batsman may not be dismissed from the delivery, which must be repeated. If this happens again in the innings the same procedure is followed, but the batting team is awarded five penalty runs too.

It is also unfair for a member of the fielding side to deliberately attempt to distract or obstruct either batsman after the striker has received the ball by word or action. If this happens a procedure similar to the procedure for the first instance of ball tampering occurs, although the batting side also scores any runs that they have scored before the attempted (or actual) distraction or obstruction."

Shahadat keep on grunting

MohammedC
July 1, 2007, 04:56 PM
LET SHAHADAT GRUNT
Bangladesh paceman Shahadat Hossain was in dilemma with his grunting when he delivers the ball. He hardly had any problem with the other countries but the Sri Lankans, especially skipper Mahela Jayawardene, never takes it easily.
"It's really a big problem for me. You know there was even a chance for me to get five wickets in the first Test if he didn't object," said the lanky fast bowler yesterday referring to Jayawardene's protest after he took two wickets.

"It is hard to continue my natural aggressive bowling if I am not able to make the sound because my pace depends on it," he said with frustration.
" is my only desire that they will allow me to do that. I can't understand why they felt bad when other teams never complain about it," said Shahadat who claimed four wickets at the P Sara Stadium in the 2005 tour.

Source (http://thedailystar.net/2007/07/02/d70702040239.htm)

MohammedC
July 1, 2007, 05:00 PM
It is clearly no against the law of cricket

"Distracting the opposition
If a member of the fielding side deliberately distracts or attempts to distract the batsman on strike while he is preparing to receive or receiving a delivery, the umpire immediately declares the ball to be dead. The umpire also informs the fielding captain of the incident. The batsman may not be dismissed from the delivery, which must be repeated. If this happens again in the innings the same procedure is followed, but the batting team is awarded five penalty runs too.

It is also unfair for a member of the fielding side to deliberately attempt to distract or obstruct either batsman after the striker has received the ball by word or action. If this happens a procedure similar to the procedure for the first instance of ball tampering occurs, although the batting side also scores any runs that they have scored before the attempted (or actual) distraction or obstruction."

Shahadat keep on grunting

The term used is "Deliverately". I don think he has any intention to distract batsman

One World
July 1, 2007, 05:00 PM
Shahadat never heard of Monica Seles - this part is funny.

kaisermatin
July 1, 2007, 05:43 PM
m. seles had a sexy uhh! i hope shadat didn't make those to excite the lonkus

BD Tigers
July 1, 2007, 06:12 PM
There are many things written in the law book but that doesnt mean everybody follows it line by line. in the law book, a batsmen cannot pickup a ball and give it to a fielder after defending it, which is normal these days - its called "handling the ball". But nobody from the fielding team calls for his out when that happens.

Now if Shahadat is actually trying to distract the batsman w/ his grunt then it is by law and spirit of the game that he shud not. But that is not the case here. Mahela and others shud tell him that he can grunt but no as loud.

Antora
July 1, 2007, 06:19 PM
ufff stupid lankanz
if malinga is allowed to have weird fuzzy hair that annoys batsmens then rajib should be allowed to grunt.
Ashraful doesnt go up to the umpires telling them that malinga needs a new hair dresser.

Omio
July 1, 2007, 07:37 PM
Ashraful doesnt go up to the umpires telling them that malinga needs a new hair dresser.
:) :) :)

nahaz
July 1, 2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, how about in the next test, we complain about Malinga's hair? Or maybe just get it in his ear."Oi Mali'r Po, You seriously need a paid hairdresser.Maybe we'll shave your head tonight after you go to sleep.":lol: By the way, didn't somone say one of the lankans grunt as well when delivering?

Antora
July 1, 2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, how about in the next test, we complain about Malinga's hair? Or maybe just get it in his ear."Oi Mali'r Po, You seriously need a paid hairdresser.Maybe we'll shave your head tonight after you go to sleep.":lol: By the way, didn't somone say one of the lankans grunt as well when delivering?

me me me me!!! can i be the person that shaves the head??? i like being evil !!! >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

Electrequiem
July 1, 2007, 08:51 PM
If I am not wrong, wasn't one of the SL bowler's grunting during his bowling, too? I remember discussing it in the match thread, but I forgot the name of the bowler.

WarWolf
July 1, 2007, 08:55 PM
Go shahadat go! Take the revenge on him by picking atleast 5 wickets each innings.

Haradhon
July 1, 2007, 10:09 PM
It is allowed in tennis, if you have seen Maria Sharapova; if that cool babe can so can Shahadat!

gravitY
July 1, 2007, 10:16 PM
This is so silly from Jawawardane. they've got bowler who's fingers are naturally uneven (baaka), bowler who naturally bowls side arm .. huh. now i'm getting the reason to support Aussie's murali bashing and calling NO ball to murali.

Antora
July 1, 2007, 10:26 PM
by the way i forgot to mention something... gruntting is something that comes naturally. i used to play tennis.. and its just natural to grunt. Even though tennis and cricket are quite different gruntting is still a natural thing... i bet most bowlers grunt.. but they just pick on us since we are a weak team :(

Protic
July 1, 2007, 10:36 PM
Well Well.. Mahela is a whiny person after all!
Shahadat actually killed Ricky Ponting with bouncers last time we played against them..and he didnt complain a bit. Not for grunting ofcourse.

BD-Shardul
July 2, 2007, 01:05 AM
I have lost all my respect for the lankan players after their stupid arrogant (he was a gentleman, I had a lot of respect for him, but he changed after the world cup, and it was apparently clear in his attitude when he was fielding during Bangladesh's second innings) captain had problem with the grunting of Shahadat Hossain. The fact is that Shahadat's grunting is natural. He doesn't have any intention of distracting the opposition with grunting. Even Shahadat's grunt doesn't distract stupid Mahela either, rather his poor sportsmanship found Shahadat's early breakthrough intolerable, and consequently, he came up with this non-sense excuse.

We are not Australia. Otherwise we would have replied to his non-sense excuse in the field with bat and ball. Allah bless Shahadat Hossain Rajib.

BD-Shardul
July 2, 2007, 01:08 AM
by the way i forgot to mention something... gruntting is something that comes naturally. i used to play tennis.. and its just natural to grunt. Even though tennis and cricket are quite different gruntting is still a natural thing... i bet most bowlers grunt.. but they just pick on us since we are a weak team :(

Right. Even I do grunt when I bowl.

BD-Shardul
July 2, 2007, 01:14 AM
Another thing:

IF Shahadat's grunt is distracting, then so is the hair color of Malinga's:D .This silky yellow prevents batsmen from keeping their eyes on the ball. ASH should come up with this excuse in the next match. Dr_Naf, PLEASE give a call to ASH. Then Malinga will have to cut his fair immediately on the field, probably with the grass-cutter machine, because his hair is so dense :lol: .

PS: Before writing this, I didn't read antora's post, Honestly SPEAKING, although same idea.

Trigger_Tiger
July 2, 2007, 01:56 AM
Pretty funny how a batsman of Mahela's calibre can do so much and keep a cool shoulder under immense pressure, especially with the captaincy on his back, can't even handle such a simple little thing. I admire and like Mahela's gentlemanly behavior but I reckon Rajib found his weak spot :)!!!!!

Trigger_Tiger
July 2, 2007, 01:57 AM
Another thing:

IF Shahadat's grunt is distracting, then so is the hair color of Malinga's:D .This silky yellow prevents batsmen from keeping their eyes on the ball. ASH should come up with this excuse in the next match. Dr_Naf, PLEASE give a call to ASH. Then Malinga will have to cut his fair immediately on the field, probably with the grass-cutter machine, because his hair is so dense :lol: .

Ooh, ooh, remember Walsh/Abrose's white wristband :-p??????

MohammedC
July 2, 2007, 03:10 AM
If I am not wrong, wasn't one of the SL bowler's grunting during his bowling, too? I remember discussing it in the match thread, but I forgot the name of the bowler.

I think Dilhara Fernando but not as loud as Rajib

Nafi
July 2, 2007, 03:35 AM
I think Dilhara Fernando but not ad loud as Rajib

Yeh fernando often has a high pitched screamish like grunt.

PoorFan
July 2, 2007, 03:45 AM
Whatever, he should do how he usually does, until Lankans complain twice and look like a cry baby ... and then stop.

Sohel
July 2, 2007, 03:56 AM
Shahadat "screams" in a world of ambiguous standards. Mahela can say that Brett Lee doesn't need to scream in order to generate extra pace. Shahadat can counter by drawing a similar line between his "grunts" and good batsmen who don't need to run to the umpire in order to deal with it and bat. ICC should step-in to establish clearer standards.

rubel_18
July 2, 2007, 04:08 AM
ufff stupid lankanz
if malinga is allowed to have weird fuzzy hair that annoys batsmens then rajib should be allowed to grunt.

HAHAHAHA :floor: :floor:

akabir77
July 2, 2007, 09:56 AM
Ash should complain about murali that when he bowls it looks like his eye r about to pop. so tell him to stop that cause it makes our batsmen afraid(i am not sure though why our batsmen r looking at his eyes instead of his hand...)

SS
July 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
Yes I think we should complain the way Murali looks when he bowls and also when Malinga's action and his hair style distract batsmen's eyesight.

WarWolf
July 2, 2007, 10:38 AM
Ash should complain about Mahela's awwful voice while batting. Umpires should tell Mahela not to talk in the field in return to Ash's complain.

ialbd
July 2, 2007, 10:39 AM
very cheap off jayawardene, there are so many distracting things in SL bowlers themselves....

Tigers_eye
July 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
Ash should complain about murali that when he bowls it looks like his eye r about to pop. so tell him to stop that cause it makes our batsmen afraid(i am not sure though why our batsmen r looking at his eyes instead of his hand...)
The main point is he does it deliberately.

akabir77
July 2, 2007, 10:50 AM
well next time When SL comes to BD all the Fans should make grunt noise when any bd bowlers r bowling...

Sadz
July 2, 2007, 11:59 AM
I cant believe mahela is such a wuss. maybe sri lanka appointed him because he has the confidence to speak out but i tell u what, hes a wuss more than anything. he complains about anything, most recently when play stopped with only 11 or so overs remained. They need to concentrate on their game not complaining about little things.

rah
July 2, 2007, 12:35 PM
m. seles had a sexy uhh! i hope shadat didn't make those to excite the lonkus

EASY NOT HERElol
anyways let him grunt mahela is too stupid to complain bout dis

gravitY
July 2, 2007, 07:58 PM
well next time When SL comes to BD all the Fans should make grunt noise when any bd bowlers r bowling...

that's a very good point :D

next time SL comes to BD the whole gallary should grunt with Sahadat, that'd be a good treat for Mahela.

I'm really pissed.

gravitY
July 2, 2007, 08:04 PM

coz his eyes get bigger than the ball the time he delivers the ball. This is also distracting for the batsmen, IF Sahadat's grunt is.

Hatebreed
July 2, 2007, 08:10 PM
Ways to annoy SL batsmen?

Feed ours players a LOT of Moola, set up an aggressive field setting when our SLAs are bowling, and let nature do the rest.

One World
July 2, 2007, 09:52 PM
Or Shahadat can offer Mahela a carton of disposable ear pads - the one with the soft linings.

habfreak
July 2, 2007, 11:34 PM
I hope SL bats first and Rajib can teach mahela a lesson...is it allowed to make that sound when he'll be walking towards the pavilion, or that too will break his concentration? Taking off the gloves and taking that walk of shame...afterall aht takes a lot of concentration too.
I've always been a Lankan fan, love their spirit..but this is ridiculous! Mahela told Ash top shut up? wait two years and teenagers in his own country will have Ash's poster all over their bedroom walls...MARK MY WORDS!

inspyr9
July 4, 2007, 03:59 PM
so rajib got my man mahela without grunting after all. actually I love rajib's aggresiveness and attitude as a fast bowler. we dont need dudhbhat bowler sharif. can we clone rajib and get a third seamer?

Sovik
July 4, 2007, 04:03 PM
what about kallis. did anyone ever complain when he bowls

habfreak
July 4, 2007, 04:42 PM
in your face Mahela! Rajib is the only bright spot for BD in this tour so far....