PDA

View Full Version : why ashraful said more difficult ?

jahidus200
July 2, 2007, 01:06 AM
guys i really can,t understand why ashraful said in conference this is more difficult to perform aginst srilanka . we are playing test already 7 years . we have enough experience to beat them . but before we beat srilanka we need confidence in our team . ashraful is good captain for our team, but he should say somethings that can help our players for improve and more confidence .

Kabir
July 2, 2007, 01:10 AM
Enough experience to beat them? Or lack of temperament to get thrashed? Or rather, lack of experienced temperament to get killed?

AsifTheManRahman
July 2, 2007, 01:13 AM
well the sri lankan pacers are usually more accurate than the others (barring Australia, maybe) and they have the David Copperfield of spin bowling. their batsmen are geniuses too. so it's not surprising that we, or anyone else for that matter, has a hard time doing well against them.

going back to your question of why ashraful said that - i think this thread is just another example of plucking a comment out of a group and highlighting it to make it stand out from the rest of the interview.

WarWolf
July 2, 2007, 01:15 AM
Lankan bowling attack is the best in the world at present. Playing with other teams, you don't have to face so many different types and yet really dangerious bowlers throughout the innings.

Now take a look at their attack. They have Vass with medium place yet with good varities and line length to get a early wickets. His new ball partner Malinga is wild and fast in contrast to Vaas with his awwful action. It is likely that you will loose a few wickets to this opening pair. Then comes Murali who will keep you on your toes from the very first ball. The biggest turner of the ball in the world with classical leggie like odd-ones (dusra) will definitely get a few wickets in the middle order. Then comes Dilhara Fernando, a different kind of pace bowler with very good pace, bouncer, yourker and slow ones. When the tail is on Murali will strip them in very few overs.

None of the other teams in the world has so many varities in their attack. They are most dangerous when they are in their home ground.

Trigger_Tiger
July 2, 2007, 01:51 AM
guys i really can,t understand why ashraful said in conference this is more difficult to perform aginst srilanka . we are playing test already 7 years . we have enough experience to beat them . but before we beat srilanka we need confidence in our team . ashraful is good captain for our team, but he should say somethings that can help our players for improve and more confidence .

He better be honest from the start than look for excuses brother :)!

max410
July 2, 2007, 05:45 AM

I appreciate your qoute , but look at the icc test ranking plus look at the performance or our team . You need a reality check even good team in the world have a hard time to beat sri lanka. Bangladesh still have not reached to that level.
WHy?
Because they Never learn from Their mistakes , The main reason is they dont seem to be interested to learn, They can always get away with the lame excuse that we are a new test playing nation etc..

Ahmed_B
July 2, 2007, 07:57 AM
ashraful is good captain for our team, but he should say somethings that can help our players for improve and more confidence .
Well... since you have confidence on Ash being a good captain... you should also have enuogh confidence to believe that what he is saying is right. :)

akabir77
July 2, 2007, 09:18 AM
Well... since you have confidence on Ash being a good captain... you should also have enuogh confidence to believe that what he is saying is right. :)

Good one...

I can't believe that people still thinks ODI and TEST is the same thing... grow up people and Fast.

Kabir
July 2, 2007, 09:24 AM
I can't believe that people still thinks ODI and TEST is the same thing... grow up people and Fast.

What does fasting have to do with it? :confused:

Well, if that's how it goes, you have to wait just 3 more months for that..Ramjan month is coming you know ;)

al Furqaan
July 2, 2007, 09:34 AM
i think SL is a team which matches well with us...sports is all about matchups...

everyone single one of our weaknesses (and we have many) correspond to SL's strengths (things they are prolly best at in the wold) which is why u see things like you did last week.

Shafin
July 2, 2007, 10:36 AM
i think SL is a team which matches well with us...sports is all about matchups...

everyone single one of our weaknesses (and we have many) correspond to SL's strengths (things they are prolly best at in the wold) which is why u see things like you did last week.
You will not say that after we win the 3rd test,InshaAllah.:)

SS
July 2, 2007, 11:10 AM
impossible...it will take years to say that and if the players participate in leagues seriously and play for few years continuously ...then we can hope otherwise it is too early to give this much hope to us :)

rubel_18
July 2, 2007, 11:19 AM

Plz don't hope too highly cos u know u will get disappointed at the end of the day.

One World
July 2, 2007, 12:52 PM

Well, if that's how it goes, you have to wait just 3 more months for that..Ramjan month is coming you know ;)

cant wait for that nourishing nutritious iftar junks. :notworthy:

Niceman70
July 2, 2007, 02:59 PM

fasting= patient