PDA

View Full Version : On-field behaviour rankings and Bangladesh's position.

israr
July 2, 2007, 07:55 AM
In any professional sport, besides playing commendably, one other very important factor which makes a team popular amongst the neutral observers is the sportsmanship of their players, their reactions on the field, how they respond, how they express their emotions and a lot of other dimunitive aspects which sometimes goes unnoticed. I am sure if any team comprising of 11 players with the character of Adam Gilchrist ever existed, that side would become everyone's favourite in no time. However, quality of the team is not being considered overhere.
So, I have produced a rankings table dealing with only this subject, that is, the on-field behaviour actions,reactions,etc of the 10 nations. The ranking goes from the most pleasing players to the most fastidious players of a particular nation. Here it is:
:flag:
Zimbabwe
West Indies
New Zealand
South Africa
Sri Lanka
England
Australia
Pakistan/India

So guys, what about your rankings?

Sohel
July 2, 2007, 08:00 AM
From limited personal experience:

1. Bangladesh.
2. Sri Lanka.
3. Zimbabwe.
4. West Indies.
5. New Zealand.
6. South Africa.
7. England.
8. Australia.
9. India.
10. Pakistan.

adel
July 2, 2007, 08:07 AM
Israr bhai, very well thought out thread...
I must say our boys are reasonably 'polite' on the field .However this at times can be negative. It's important in cricket to play mind-games with your opponents in order to gain an advantage and ultimately win. Look at the Australian side for an example, they are the biggest 'sledgers' (notably McGrarth and Warne) in world cricket and they win the majority of their matches. Sure, talent is the most important part of a side but I believe a team must be mentally strong and if that means behaving a little badly on the field then so be it.

The following is how I would rank the teams based on on-field behaviour:
1. Zimbabwe
2. Bangladesh
3. Sri Lanka
4. West Indies
5. New Zealand
6. India
7. Pakistan
8. England
9. South Africa
10. Australia

Sadz
July 2, 2007, 12:14 PM
Israr where is bangladesh and aussies on ur rankings?

Nafi
July 2, 2007, 12:34 PM
Israr where is bangladesh and aussies on ur rankings?

:flag: what do you see at the top the flag of canada????

One World
July 2, 2007, 12:37 PM
Its not so surprising that the low profile teams are topping this chart. BTW #2 Pakistan at no. 10. Funny it is as no choice left to agree on that.