PDA

View Full Version : New front page article: Interview with Richard McInnes

Zunaid
July 2, 2007, 09:27 AM
As spculations is rife over the next Bangladesh coach, nothing could be more timely than a few words with fan favorite Richard McInnes. Enjoy:

Interview with Richard McInnes
G. M. Bashar
It is an open secret that Richard McInnes is amongst the most favourite (at least in Banglacricket circles) to land the next coaching job with the Tigers. He has the experience of working for Cricket Australia for opposition and designing training sessions. In light of these recent developments, we caught up with Richard to share some of his thoughts.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read article » (http://banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=469)

Aritro
July 2, 2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks for that.

I also appreciated the fact that you used my question comparing youth players in the two countries, although you probably meant to ask it anyway. ;)

WarWolf
July 2, 2007, 09:39 AM
Good set of questions. Awwsome work.

Tigers_eye
July 2, 2007, 09:50 AM
Very nice interview.

The questions I think were designed to expose the enourmous knowledge and experience this guy have.

Few things glare from the interview:
1) Self assessment.
2) Continual improvement.
3) Structure.
4) Confidence.

Thank you everyone who have helped put this together. Thanks RM for sharing your thoughts and time with us.

MohammedC
July 2, 2007, 09:57 AM
Very Good Article

Kabir
July 2, 2007, 10:03 AM
I liked this thought of his.

I think all international teams are now capturing their matches, but all teams are using it to different levels depending on a range of factors. I can’t tell you exactly how we are using it, as that would be inappropriate. I think Bangladesh might be in a position to do more self analysis, rather than worrying about the opposition at this stage of their development.

akabir77
July 2, 2007, 10:18 AM
wow very good interview. i felt like i am in broad room... i wonder our bcb people asks this kind of question or they would ask questions like this
If i tell you to do some thing and you know its wrong what r you going to do?
(And he is expecting answer like this: what ever you say cause you r my employer...)

WarWolf
July 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
As I said earlier, I would like to see players Test batting averages move from 25 to 30 then to 35 then to 40 etc. It is unrealistic to expect someone who is averaging 25 to instantly bat like someone that averages 45. It will take time. This needs to be underpinned by continuing to improve the domestic first class cricket standard. This is and will always be so important to Bangladesh's success at Test level.
Very realisitc and positive thinking. He has always been a great motivator with good analyzing and hard working capabilities.

Shafin
July 2, 2007, 10:33 AM
Very nice interview.

The questions I think were designed to expose the enourmous knowledge and experience this guy have.

Few things glare from the interview:
1) Self assessment.
2) Continual improvement.
3) Structure.
4) Confidence.

Thank you everyone who have helped put this together. Thanks RM for sharing your thoughts and time with us.
We know BCB guys visit BC regularly,maybe this Interview will point them to something.

israr
July 2, 2007, 11:06 AM
Simply awesome! I think all of us here at BC should voice their opinion together for Mcinnes being our head coach, not any assistant coach. He's got a very good approach and moreover, he's already expressed his enthusiasm for coaching Bangladesh for the better interest of Bangladesh, unlike Whatmore who left us for those 'obvious' reasons.

Shafin
July 2, 2007, 11:47 AM
Richard McInnes - For each player to get better! Bangladesh could improve as a team by 20%, but if every other team improves by 20% then we are still behind them.

Are we "we" then?

And thanks a lot to oracle for bringing us this interview

Kabir
July 2, 2007, 11:50 AM
Well what he meant by that is, improving by 20% by following the others won't help. We have to improve by 30% to shorten the gap, and then another 30% to close the gap. That means, our boys have to work extra hard to make anything happen in the near future.

Zunaid
July 2, 2007, 11:51 AM
What Shafin was pointing out was the choice of pronoun.

Haider
July 2, 2007, 11:53 AM
Good interview. RM got my vote. I wish.. everything that he is saying, he translate them into action if and when he gets the Bangladesh Job. I hope he does.

WarWolf
July 2, 2007, 12:04 PM
Good point Shafin.

betaar
July 2, 2007, 12:21 PM
Great article, though I thought asking him to compare the raw talents of players between BD and OZ put him in bit of spot of bother.

I like this very realistic view of his about our players, "I think Bangladesh might be in a position to do more self analysis, rather than worrying about the opposition at this stage of their development." Tells you the whole story of our cricketers, doesn't it?

One World
July 2, 2007, 12:29 PM
"In the end its the fault of coach and player" - very nice. This interview is a bright example of professionalism inside an Australian. After reading, it becomes crystal clear what makes Richard so famous.

Dhakablues
July 2, 2007, 12:30 PM
It was a good interview.. I am thinking how come there was no question about some players that he thinks have the least technical flaws in international cricket.. Just curious

LateCut
July 2, 2007, 12:45 PM
have watched several times when the Bangladeshi batsmen get in trouble they try and sit in the crease and hold the opposition out. It is really only a matter of time before they get out. You need to keep taking the game to the opposition but with calculated risks, not impetuous rushes of blood.

It means controlled aggression. I have seen that many a times a BD player will get a boundary and, then go for another ridiculous shot and get out. Ash's 2nd inning dismissal is a textbook example. RM also talks about honest appraisal of your own abilities. I think none of the BD batsman has the intellectual prowess to judge it accurately. Either they are too young to contemplate or being continously brainwashed as to how 'talented' they are. We need a coach who can hammer home some senses to these boys.

akabir77
July 2, 2007, 01:02 PM
i think if MC becomes coach he will drop ash as captain...

cricket_dorshok
July 2, 2007, 01:08 PM
What are our BCB mathamota office bearers doing? Just give him the job.

Niceman70
July 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
hope he gets the job.

ammark
July 2, 2007, 03:19 PM
"In the end its the fault of coach and player" - very nice. This interview is a bright example of professionalism inside an Australian. After reading, it becomes crystal clear what makes Richard so famous.

Umm, One World - that quote of yours sounds out of context, and I couldnt find it in the interview. However I did find this:

When the team is not doing so well, the blame game starts and it is apparently no one’s fault, other than the players and coach’s. In times of loss or hardship everyone involved needs to ask what they could have done better, rather than pretend they had nothing to do with it.

He's very right. I am bothered by this attitude of ours. Just see how we're still reacting to Dav Whatmore in this thread!

israr
July 2, 2007, 04:48 PM
Just see how we're still reacting to Dav Whatmore in this thread!

I know you're pointing it to me bro. But I'd like to clear it out here itself that in no way I am blaming our previous coach. I was just saying he tried to approach the BCCI, and that too in the WC, without BCCI revealing any hint that they wanted him, and we all know those 'obvious' reasons that lured him to take that action, but this isn't the case for Mcinnes. I was just trying to compare, but once again I want to reiterate that I never criticised Dave. Thanks.

PoorFan
July 2, 2007, 11:03 PM
... If you don’t test yourself at training, then the only time you get tested is in games. It is better to challenge yourself at training and fail a few times on the way to getting it right, then to train in your “comfort zone”, look a millionaire in the nets and then fail under pressure under the spotlight of the international media and opposition...

... you need to find other ways to challenge players and extend their limits. Prior to the Bangladesh U19 tour of England back in 2004, we trained on the synthetic hockey surface, on an 18 yard pitch with an “incrediball” (hard plastic ball with pronounced seam that swings and moves a lot) to try and simulate the increased pace, swing and bounce we would encounter in England. It overloaded our batsmen, so that when we got to England the ball was actually moving less then it was at training and the results were quite positive, even though we lost the Test series, we produced some good scores and were in a position to win the third test, before rain intervened. Obviously the bowlers had to do other specific training in order to prepare.
<!--StartFragment -->This should be the attitude on training, and the reason why I like McInnes.

Sohel
July 2, 2007, 11:31 PM
Great stuff ... heartiest thanks to everyone involved. Richy Mac should not only be our head coach, he should also be the Chief Selector.

Dhurr
July 3, 2007, 12:46 AM
a job well done.

max410
July 3, 2007, 01:12 AM
As spculations is rife over the next Bangladesh coach, nothing could be more timely than a few words with fan favorite Richard McInnes. Enjoy:

Interview with Richard McInnes
G. M. Bashar
It is an open secret that Richard McInnes is amongst the most favourite (at least in Banglacricket circles) to land the next coaching job with the Tigers. He has the experience of working for Cricket Australia for opposition and designing training sessions. In light of these recent developments, we caught up with Richard to share some of his thoughts.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read article » (http://banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=469)

You Guys are so much worried about coach
Look at the way Bangladesh Is playing again in the morning 21/4 in test match Lost wicket again and struggling. I think we should not play test and we don't deserve to.
We have been playing cricket for so long even ICC associate teams like Ireland knows how to fight back and are enthusiastic in their game.
Bangladesh still the same in 7 years. Nothing has Improved at all, A couple of recent upsets was just as upset . If there is no consistency in your performance then there is no use playing at International level.
What the hell coach can do. if the Player's don't have a positive attitude to LEARN FROM MISTAKES, COACH WONT HELP