PDA

View Full Version : Whole team should sent back home

sunnyctg
July 3, 2007, 06:39 AM
All out for 62 ? I am sorry, this is like a school team of bangladesh facing sri lanka. I dont think they should play there anymore. They need to be called off for some serious Batting traning, i dont think they know how to bat at this level of cricket. This is a appalling display of cricket that nation dont want to see anymore.

Baundule
July 3, 2007, 06:45 AM
Good idea. And then leave the management for shopping?

WarWolf
July 3, 2007, 06:47 AM
Ridiculous. Don't be so negetive. We sound like Indian fans after the world cup.

sunnyctg
July 3, 2007, 07:03 AM
ya sure you can leave the team selector shopping in sri lanka. Although i donno if thats a good place for shopping, but they do have a hell lot of coconuts to eat :P and we're not being negetive... c'mon they scored 62...the whole team??!!?!?! Thats how much one player of sri lanka scores against bangladesh!!! Last test match Chaminda Vaas scored a century... yes Chaminda Vaas and he is a Baller not even a batsman! i got nothing else to say....

Slysaint
July 3, 2007, 07:51 AM
Ridiculous. Don't be so negetive. We sound like Indian fans after the world cup.
cmon now there is nothing positive about the team left. we can talk about the light at the end of the tunnel as much as we want, but the only light at the end of the tunnel is of the on coming train

fy288
July 3, 2007, 08:00 AM
embarrased to say the least. last week vaas had a pop at the players and this week all out for 62... another test lost after 20 odd overs. the first and last time a major team offers BD 3 test series.

absolutely gobsmacked! :(

Tintin
July 3, 2007, 08:07 AM
Has the absence of Whatmore got anything to do with this, or was he lucky to get out at the right time ?

SS
July 3, 2007, 08:17 AM
ICC kisu na korle hoi..thanks for our batsmen and also our cricket board for not preparing them all these years.

syzygy
July 3, 2007, 08:22 AM
Has the absence of Whatmore got anything to do with this, or was he lucky to get out at the right time ?

well looking at the hindsight, i think he took a very smart decision! after all bd were not playing any real cricket (aka test cricket) and were more or less engaged in pyajama cricket for the last couple of years. he perhaps had sensed something like this might happen in the sl tour and left when things were high.he knows how coaches are blamed in the subcontinent and thought there was no better time to quit before a likely onslaught like this (just my speculation).i dont think whatmore or no whatmore would have made any difference!

Ehsan
July 3, 2007, 08:29 AM
The blame of our recent test debacle goes to ICC, BCB and then to our players. Coaches have nothing to do here. ICC should not have given us such a long break. BCB should have arranged intensive first class matches for the players. Further, BCB needs to work on our domestic structure. Players should have hold onto their wickets as if their life depended on it.

Anyways, at the end of the day there is no point playing the blame game. Just accept the reality, we are not there yet - thanks to ICC and BCB. But we will get there soon!

Fahim
July 3, 2007, 08:32 AM
i think it would be better if we played the ODI's before the test as the players will start to get used to their oppositions. what do u guys think?

SS
July 3, 2007, 08:39 AM
The blame of our recent test debacle goes to ICC, BCB and then to our players. Coaches have nothing to do here. ICC should not have given us such a long break. BCB should have arranged intensive first class matches for the players. Further, BCB needs to work on our domestic structure. Players should have hold onto their wickets as if their life depended on it.

Anyways, at the end of the day there is no point playing the blame game. Just accept the reality, we are not there yet - thanks to ICC and BCB. But we will get there soon!
...I wish we had the power to change the domestic structure. I feel so down, kase shobai hasahashi kortese...

Roni_uk
July 3, 2007, 08:39 AM
Hello all,

I recently joined this forum and glad to finally have seen a brilliant forum on Bangladeshi cricket. Its a shame that I am starting with a negative email...

I totally agree with the title of this email.. BD should go back and play some domestic tests and play 3/4 days of cricket with ZIM/IRE/KEN to get their confidence level up, just like the way they did for ODIs. Once this is done and consistently perform well, then setup matches againt teams like SL/AUS. Playing test against SL after 13 months break with only 2 tests played against IND was a little overwhelming for the team and now we are facing the consequences. This prob will feel like the longest series BD has ever played.

On another note, I saw the thread.. remember the day for Ashraful. Isnt this ironic, today is also the day when he equaled the record for most ducks scored by a Bangladesh batsmen. His third-ball duck today was his 11th in Tests drawing him level with Khaled Mashud?

Roni

Ehsan
July 3, 2007, 08:47 AM
Well, ki ar korar. I guess we just have to be patient and take on these hiccups on our way up. There will be a lot more of these days coming until we fix our domestic. Once the structure is fixed, do not hope for instantaneous results. It will take another 3-4 years to produce quality test players. But we can expect that these current National Test players would reach some quality faster than the rest after the domestic structure is fixed.

nahaz
July 3, 2007, 08:52 AM
Now where's Miraz vai?How did he know the future?

WarWolf
July 3, 2007, 08:55 AM
I am trying to point out to another thing here. We all look at the performance as fans. I am sure the players are not happy with their performance. They are dying every moment in their minds. Let's be patient. If the whole team is to be sent back to home then we better start with throwing the whole cricket management to the bay of bengal. They are more responsible than the players.

syzygy
July 3, 2007, 09:20 AM
Hello all,

I recently joined this forum and glad to finally have seen a brilliant forum on Bangladeshi cricket. Its a shame that I am starting with a negative email...

I totally agree with the title of this email.. BD should go back and play some domestic tests and play 3/4 days of cricket with ZIM/IRE/KEN to get their confidence level up, just like the way they did for ODIs. Once this is done and consistently perform well, then setup matches againt teams like SL/AUS. Playing test against SL after 13 months break with only 2 tests played against IND was a little overwhelming for the team and now we are facing the consequences. This prob will feel like the longest series BD has ever played.

On another note, I saw the thread.. remember the day for Ashraful. Isnt this ironic, today is also the day when he equaled the record for most ducks scored by a Bangladesh batsmen. His third-ball duck today was his 11th in Tests drawing him level with Khaled Mashud?

Roni

well I said this a few days back and it was not taken very well that time.wonder what are the thoughts now..anyway these kinds of defeats wont teach bd anything except more humiliation and loss of confidence.

Kabir
July 3, 2007, 09:41 AM
Now where's Miraz vai?How did he know the future?

He's busy at a conference, and will be away until the end of this week.

Padosan
July 3, 2007, 09:56 AM

There are a couple of indian fans here who would appreciate if you can keep your wisdom to yourself and dont involve indian fans everywhere you get.

damn am getting so sick

Ganguly da
July 3, 2007, 09:57 AM

yup as i posted before, seems like there is a big void left by Whatmore.....

Omio
July 3, 2007, 10:12 AM
yup as i posted before, seems like there is a big void left by Whatmore.....
Whatmore cant do anything on thsi occasion,

WarWolf
July 3, 2007, 10:52 AM
There are a couple of indian fans here who would appreciate if you can keep your wisdom to yourself and dont involve indian fans everywhere you get.

damn am getting so sick
Sorry Padosan. My intention was not to hurt anyone. I was just pointing out to some violent actions during that time as an example. Sorry again.

Padosan
July 3, 2007, 01:53 PM
Sorry Padosan. My intention was not to hurt anyone. I was just pointing out to some violent actions during that time as an example. Sorry again.
thanks for understanding and sorry if i have overreacted.

SS
July 3, 2007, 02:06 PM
Hey before you send them home...give them some time to enjoy the beaches and shopping centers in SL. They have to buy gifts for families and need some relaxation for stress relief.

Sadz
July 3, 2007, 02:08 PM
Go Bangla tigerz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
win or lose i am with u all the time!

Sohel
July 3, 2007, 02:11 PM
Fair weather fans, and to quote William Saffire: "the nattering nabobs of negativism". You can B&M or try to do something positive about it. Step 1: educate yourselves about the real reasons why we do what we do. Step 2: do what you can to be a part of the solution. Step 3: realize that you're not the only one PO-ed, imagine how our young Tigers feel.

Shafin
July 3, 2007, 02:42 PM
imagine how our young Tigers feel.
Well,if they can feel,they should feel.I would have pardoned them if it was lack of ability,but for most of them ,its lack of application.

Rifat
July 3, 2007, 02:55 PM
so far the only positive i found from this series is that we batted excellent on our third day in the 1st test match, otherwise nothing else positive.

having been at bangla cricket for more than two months people know that i only speak positive for our cricket teams

from now on i have no more expectations for this team in this desperate situation. i lie a lot and i know i take back my words everytime bangladesh performs beyond spectacular...

think about it, playing three tests in a row against the probable best current toughest team in the world will at least give the players and the managers a shame of conscience to think about and how to move on...

Slysaint
July 3, 2007, 02:56 PM
I am trying to point out to another thing here. We all look at the performance as fans. I am sure the players are not happy with their performance. They are dying every moment in their minds. Let's be patient. If the whole team is to be sent back to home then we better start with throwing the whole cricket management to the bay of bengal. They are more responsible than the players.

lets be honest here .. about players also being sad etc, if the players had any bit of dignity they wouldnt have thrown their wickets away like they did ..

2ndly a question .. if you get paid the same for 5 days work, as you get paid for 1 day, which would u pick? would slog it around under the heat, run between wickets etc , you know all the hard work for 5 whole days ..or would u prefer to do it for just one day, get ur cheque .. and head out for touristy stuff

Rifat
July 3, 2007, 02:57 PM
i agree that someone said that ICC is to be blamed for our 13 month break. before that, i realize we were in top form with Australlia, which impressed the fans and pleased the players.

zahid
July 3, 2007, 04:29 PM
Jei Laou, shei kodu ... sheshey giya eki jinish hoilo !

Faisal
July 3, 2007, 07:40 PM
¡uoos ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇǝb 11ıʍ ǝʍ ʇnq .qɔq puɐ ɔɔı oʇ sʞuɐɥʇ - ʇǝʎ ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇou ǝɹɐ ǝʍ 'ʎʇı1ɐǝɹ ǝɥʇ ʇdǝɔɔɐ ʇsnظ .ǝɯɐb ǝɯɐ1q ǝɥʇ buıʎɐ1d ʇuıod ou sı ǝɹǝɥʇ ʎɐp ǝɥʇ ɟo puǝ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ 'sʎɐʍʎuɐ

.ʇı uo pǝpuǝdǝp ǝɟı1 ɹıǝɥʇ ɟı sɐ sʇǝʞɔıʍ ɹıǝɥʇ oʇuo p1oɥ ǝʌɐɥ p1noɥs sɹǝʎɐ1d .ǝɹnʇɔnɹʇs ɔıʇsǝɯop ɹno uo ʞɹoʍ oʇ spǝǝu qɔq 'ɹǝɥʇɹnɟ .sɹǝʎɐ1d ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ sǝɥɔʇɐɯ ssɐ1ɔ ʇsɹıɟ ǝʌısuǝʇuı pǝbuɐɹɹɐ ǝʌɐɥ p1noɥs qɔq .ʞɐǝɹq buo1 ɐ ɥɔns sn uǝʌıb ǝʌɐɥ ʇou p1noɥs ɔɔı .ǝɹǝɥ op oʇ buıɥʇou ǝʌɐɥ sǝɥɔɐoɔ .sɹǝʎɐ1d ɹno oʇ uǝɥʇ puɐ qɔq 'ɔɔı oʇ sǝob ǝ1ɔɐqǝp ʇsǝʇ ʇuǝɔǝɹ ɹno ɟo ǝɯɐ1q ǝɥʇ

bbbɹɐ 'ʇsǝʇ ʎɐ1d uǝɥʇ sɹɐǝʎ 3 ɹo 2 ǝʞı1 ǝɹoɯ ǝʞɔıɹɔ ssɐ1ɔ ʇsɹıɟ ʎɐ1d puɐ .ǝɯoɥ ʞɔɐq ǝɯoɔ puɐ buıʎɐ1d doʇs p1nos ʎǝɥʇ 'ʇǝʞɔıɹɔ ʇsǝʇ ʇɐ xns ɥsǝpɐ1buɐq