PDA

View Full Version : Virtually national team ? I don't think so !!

handle
August 26, 2002, 01:43 PM
Let's see the lineup

Kenya

from their best strength side - Otieno, Odumbe, Tikolo, Odoyo, Suji Brothers, Shah and Modi

BD 'A'

for our best strength side - Ashraful and Golla

Missing : Pilot, Sumon, Manju, Talha, Masri, Rokon, Opee/Hannan, Sharif, Rafique, Sujon, Moni

Only an clueless and ignorant kenyan sports reporter would call this a Bangladesh national side. It was probably the same reporter who reported today that Shoaib Akhtar can bowl at 120 kph. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Masri alone would kick Kenya's arse to kingdom come!!

[Edited on 26-8-2002 by handle]

[Edited on 26-8-2002 by handle]

Pundit
August 26, 2002, 02:27 PM
I seem to share the same optimism and opinion, but only time can tell.

Tehsin
August 26, 2002, 05:23 PM
You the man. I wish I could write: "Masri alone would kick Kenya's arse to kingdom come!!" but then I'd get ostracized(sp).
As for the teams, the 'virtual' national team bit was exaggerated.

[Edited on 26-8-2002 by tehsin]

Zobair
August 26, 2002, 09:31 PM
AMEN to what handle said....AMEN :)

Mahmood
August 27, 2002, 10:37 AM
Thats right. If kenya thinks they have kicked the national BD team, they will have a shock of their life time next year, in the world cup.

Tehsin
August 27, 2002, 12:29 PM
We'll only be able to kick their behind IF Masri, Manju remain healthy and in shape along with back ups from (any of) Sharif, Taposh, Shujon or Bikash and we get Rafique and Moni (he can do Kenya) to spin.
As for batting, our players only need to be motivated to beat a team like Kenya. Sorry if you think Kenya is the bomb but if we play the way we should, Kenya would be nothing but a Pak A or Indian A (which means, they might accidently win, like they did against india or West Indies).