PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Day for Bangladesh

One World
July 3, 2007, 01:23 PM
Bangladesh is going to play Boxing Day ODI against NewZealand. The day right after the Christmas, 26th of Dec is celebrated by playing cricket in Aus and NZ as the Boxing day. BD will start their 20 day tour to NZ by starting of with an ODI against the Kiwis in Aucland.

The ODI fixture:
26th - Aucland
28th - Napier
31st - Queenstown

After 11 years the first test going to take place starting on the 4th Jan, 2008 in Dunedin. Second test starts on the 12th in Wellington.

Now before doing boxing and wrestling, please make a hard prolonged home work session from August to November - thats my plea as a wholehearted fan.

Shafin
July 3, 2007, 01:27 PM
[বাংলা]আল্লাহ বাচিয়েছে,বক্সিং ডে টেস্ট খেলার শখ হয় নাই,তাহলে প্রথম রাউন্ডেই নকআউট হয়ে যেতো,ওয়ানডেতে হাল্কা চান্স আছে ঘুষি খেয়ে দুচারটা ফেরত দেয়ার।[/বাংলা]

sandpiper
July 3, 2007, 01:27 PM
Bangladesh will surprise all beating New Zealand for the first time ;)

One World
July 3, 2007, 01:29 PM
[বাংলা]আল্লাহ বাচিয়েছে,বক্সিং ডে টেস্ট খেলার শখ হয় নাই,তাহলে প্রথম রাউন্ডেই নকআউট হয়ে যেতো,ওয়ানডেতে হাল্কা চান্স আছে ঘুষি খেয়ে দুচারটা ফেরত দেয়ার।[/বাংলা]

well said, :)

ialbd
July 3, 2007, 01:49 PM
phew.... jak test na, ekhon test shunlei atta lafay uthe.....

Kabir
July 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
NZ confirmed this yesterday. There's 2 Tests scheduled also. So Ishtiaq, next time atta re glue diya lagay raikho, jaate lafaite na pare.

sandpiper
July 3, 2007, 02:03 PM
two test matches will follow in Dunedin and Wellington :-| :-|
phew.... jak test na, ekhon test shunlei atta lafay uthe.....

Shafin
July 3, 2007, 02:05 PM
NZ confirmed this yesterday. There's 2 Tests scheduled also. So Ishtiaq, next time atta re glue diya lagay raikho, jaate lafaite na pare.
vai,atta atkanor glue thakle amakeo dui chairta den,amar-o dorkar.

FaridpurChicago
July 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
I think test schedule has been fixed earlier, before watching our test performance against SL.

sandpiper
July 3, 2007, 02:12 PM
good news ;) ;)

there is no MALINGA in New Zealand
there is no MURALI in New Zealand

:-| :-|
Bond or Vettori are at least playable
:smug: :smug:

Sohel
July 3, 2007, 02:12 PM
Joy.

Shafin
July 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
good news ;) ;)

DO you think the names matter?
when our batsmen are in mood,they'll give away their wickets to any jodu modhu kodu that comes to bowl.We lost to Paul Adams in BD,who never again made a good performance after that.We lost in WI,we lost in Zimbabwe.It's the batsman's names,or rather,their attitudes,that needs a serious look.

nzfan
July 3, 2007, 05:16 PM
One thing to wath out for in new zealand our pitches are seamers paradises

ammark
July 3, 2007, 07:28 PM

Thats why we need McInnes to make our boys practice on a hockey field with an "incrediball". Sticking with old has beens has to stop. Enough is enough. New blood losing their wickets due to inexperience is much easier on the eyes than old experienced batsmen blocking half heartedly away from their body giving lollipops to the keeper and slip!

Timtim
July 3, 2007, 07:53 PM
Here in Canada we buy a ton of crap that we donèt even need on boxing day because EVERYTHING is on sale....

capslock
July 3, 2007, 08:24 PM
Let's hope the Kiwis don't interpret Boxing day literally and mete out what we're getting from the Lankans.

cricket_pagol
July 3, 2007, 08:47 PM
As nzfan pointed out, the tracks at NZ will be much more seamer friendly!!!

Antora
July 3, 2007, 08:50 PM
boxing day match??? i hope at the end of the match none of our players get a black eye...or a bruised face:(

Foozy
July 3, 2007, 10:06 PM
good news ;) ;)

i was thinkin the exact same thing.. and i bet we will perform better that time... for sure we will.. and i pray that ash does make a good come bak and prove to us that during his captaincy... a lot can happen!!

Kabir
July 3, 2007, 11:35 PM
vai,atta atkanor glue thakle amakeo dui chairta den,amar-o dorkar.

Aray bhai, apni to eto die hard fan. Apnar jonno glue diya labh nai. Apni atta re haath diya dhoira rakhen...ami jani apni parben...

One World
July 4, 2007, 02:17 PM
Aray bhai, apni to eto die hard fan. Apnar jonno glue diya labh nai. Apni atta re haath diya dhoira rakhen...ami jani apni parben...

Ahh Shafin scared to lose Mojo, at least high hopes : WI beat England to level the series. BD will comeback with proper dimension. We have beaten NZ this year once.

nasimul
July 4, 2007, 04:26 PM
Chokhe ekhon shorishar ful dekhshi. Kono asha, vorosha pashi na.

Nafi
July 4, 2007, 04:36 PM
NZ are the opposite of BD

NZ = High Performance, Low Talent
Bangladesh = Low Performance, High Talent

capslock
July 4, 2007, 04:41 PM
NZ are the opposite of BD

NZ = High Performance, Low Talent
Bangladesh = Low Performance, High Talent

I would rather have a high performance low talent team.

Sadz
July 4, 2007, 04:42 PM
capslock what a funny signature yo got there lol!

Sadz
July 4, 2007, 04:43 PM
i would rather have high peformance low talent too at the moment but for future high talent low performance

nzfan
July 4, 2007, 04:44 PM
The fact only 4 mllion people live in New zealand and cricket is not the most popular sport
i reckon we are pretty good

Rifat
July 4, 2007, 05:36 PM
did anybody forgot our world cup performance against this "low talent" team on april
2nd... the only positive i took from that game is the opening partnership)(credit to the underrated Javed Omor) and Syed Rasel's wicket...

nzfan
July 5, 2007, 02:09 AM
I really do think Javed Omar is underrated
he has his own way of playing, just because he is defensive doesnt make him crap
id rather have a defensive player who stays in for a while then one who just attacks and gets out(cough cough tamim iqbal)

scoilaheez
July 5, 2007, 02:23 AM
One day BD will play Australia at the MCG in front of 100,000 people (I wish) on boxing day and I will be there!

Rabz
July 5, 2007, 08:51 PM
Im quite surprised to see an ODI on boxing day. It is traditionally a test match fixture.
But who cares.
As long as we get a match, im happy.
BD would do much much better in NZ than in SL.
SL has always been our kryptonite.

sandpiper
July 5, 2007, 09:06 PM
Generally Australia and South Africa follows the norm of starting a test match on boxing day (in Melbourne and Durban). New Zealand doesnt necessarily follow this in each and every season. I had seen them arrange a boxing day test match for the last few years in Basin Reserve (Wellington). Moreover they have discarded Auckland and Christchurch from arranging any test match in the upcoming summer against Bangladesh and England.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/story/300405.html

Im quite surprised to see an ODI on boxing day. It is traditionally a test match fixture.

Rifat
July 5, 2007, 09:47 PM
I really do think Javed Omar is underrated
he has his own way of playing, just because he is defensive doesnt make him crap
id rather have a defensive player who stays in for a while then one who just attacks and gets out(cough cough tamim iqbal)

no it is aftab ahmed brother, tamim at least gets to 40s and 50s aftab gets nowhere sometimes, no hard feelings to aftab but i believe he will turn into a world class batsmen if and only if he improves his batting technique.

Nafis_BD
July 5, 2007, 09:49 PM
I would like to see Bangladesh knockout New Zealand on the boxing day match!!!

Mahir
July 5, 2007, 10:07 PM
Last time we played a top dog on a Boxing Day... fond memories! :) This ODI will be a much-awaited clash for many.

shovon13
July 5, 2007, 10:17 PM

cant wait to see what mashrafe and shahadat can do on those tracks. we do need to prepare a third seamer though. since andy roberts vouched for talha, i'll go with him.

sandpiper
July 6, 2007, 07:47 PM
Australia may not host a tri-series in 2008-09 for the first time in 29 years, but the event would return to the calendar the following summer and stay until at least 2012. South Africa and New Zealand are currently due to play five one-day contests each in two series rather than appearing in the format used for the CB Series.

Cluttered scheduling, which has also led to Australia delaying the start of their annual limited-overs tournament until next February, is behind the programming proposal. India's first Test will be in Melbourne on Boxing Day, which in recent history has been the second-last five-day contest of the season.

Michael Brown, Cricket Australia's operations manager, told The Australian ratings and attendances showed the tri-series was still popular but "hiccups" existed in the scheduling. "There's a hurdle again in 2008-09," he told the paper. "We need to work with both New Zealand and South Africa to determine what the programme looks like. At this stage we have them committed for five one-day games each."

Official tri-series have been played in Australia since 1979-80, but the length of the tournament - it lasted a month and contained 14 matches in 2006-07 - has made it more difficult to attract two teams at the same time. Sri Lanka, who play two Tests against Australia in November, will return in January to join India as the visitors for the next CB Series.

source: cricinfo

sandpiper
July 6, 2007, 07:48 PM
Daniel Vettori believes he can handle the pressure of New Zealand's one-day captaincy if he is given the responsibility. Vettori is the frontrunner to succeed Stephen Fleming, who led his country for more limited-overs games than any other player in history before resigning in the wake of another New Zealand World Cup semi-final loss.

Few bowlers have been handed the permanent leadership of their sides in recent years but Wasim Akram and Shaun Pollock had reasonable success, while Courtney Walsh, Waqar Younis and Heath Streak were also trusted. Vettori said his familiarity at the highest level put him in good stead.

link: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/story/300310.html

One World
September 20, 2007, 08:33 PM
And somebody asked Ash where does Bangladesh go from here.

nzfan
September 20, 2007, 09:19 PM
I am on holiday from November the 1st to Feb 20th as i am finishing my biochem degree this year and starting my masters next year, so i am going to make the effort to go to a game , considering they havn't booked one here in Christchurch the second biggest city......

Nocturnal
September 20, 2007, 09:20 PM
NZ - here we come.

oh! more than 3 months from now......I can see a lot of political debate going on in Forget Cricket near future......nei kaj to koi bhaj arki .....it's all good :)

nzfan
September 20, 2007, 09:21 PM
Also the tickets are dirt cheap, the equivelent of about 6-7 pounds

Russell2k7
September 20, 2007, 09:56 PM
Well bond could be worse than Malinga sometimes. Remember what he did to us in the World Cup? They are also actually pretty talented side with players like Styris, Oram, and Bond. Anyway, Mashrafe better gear up and by ready for that series cause right now he is out of sort. Looking forward to that series.

Ajfar
September 20, 2007, 10:25 PM
we better get a coachh before the NZ seriess..or we will be goinn thru the samee problemss..

Eshen
September 26, 2007, 06:00 PM
We may have an advantage here - Kiwis should be quite exhausted when they will face us, after touring South Africa and Australia in trots. Wondering whether someone like Shane Bond will be able to stay fit until the Boxing day.

Look at their fixture -

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/match/schedule.html?team=5;team=2614;future=1

zainab
September 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
Dont underestimate the Kiwis. They are a pretty good team and they have dependable batsmen, good bowlers and superb fielders. This will be a tough team to beat even though there is no Vass, Fernando or malinga. Bond and Vettori are 2 very good bowlers, and this team sets high standards. i am mostly concerned about BD's Test performance. I do not want it to be a humiliating spectacle as i witnessed in SL. They can perform better in ODI's.

nsd3
September 28, 2007, 06:27 AM
Underestimating NZ?!!?!!! Wow both SL & NZ are of very high quality teams and are far ahead of us in terms of all aspects of cricket. Whitewash wouldn't be surprising in tests but taking games to 5 days, 1/2 century partnerships, 3/4 wicket snatching by individual bowlers, not misssing any catch/run outs - these would take us further ahead of where we are now.

Underestimating BD would be NZ's concern, not ours! I believe our cricketers are more realistic than us.

zainab
September 29, 2007, 07:52 AM
The good thing is that they are playing the first ODI in Auckland which is much warmer than Wellington which can get cold, rainy , windy and miserable even on Boxing day. Last year SL played a 20/20 game at the Westpac stadium there and it was indeed cold and miserable, game was won by SL.

BD beat NZ in the warm up game for the world cup. If they believe that they can do it again, they will. Their bowling is good with the exception of Mashrafe, he seem to have lost his way, but he is a fighter, and we should not give up on him. their fielding has improved. However, it is their batting which seems to be the problem, they depend on a few batsmen and when that fails, the team collapse like a pack of cards. The opposition knows this and will put the pressure on. Each batsman has to know to play his part. If Aftab curbs his over aggression, he is a good solid scorer, also if Ash can think for one moment that he is the captain and has to play a captain's innings, then somehow they will manage a decent score.
Hopefully, the domestic season will improve their skills.

nsd3
September 29, 2007, 08:11 AM
ODI is where BD can have hope as usual and it's ok at this stage. Tests - it's completely a different story. Auckland is where NZ has records of defeats. However Napier, Wellington are their happy hunting grounds. However facing BD match grounds shouldn't be any point of concern for anyone (either NZ or BD as the gap between the two teams is quite big as of now), it's how BD can develop themselves to fight - that is what everyone needs to watch.

zainab
October 10, 2007, 07:51 PM
Bangladesh will surprise all beating New Zealand for the first time ;)

Let's hope and pray. If they can improve their middle order batting and improve their fielding, then they have a chance of beating the Kiwis.

Now the Test match is another problem.

Murad
October 27, 2007, 01:11 PM
Tigers add tour fixture (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=9195)

Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh cricket team is likely to play one more three-day game during their tour of New Zealand in December-January.

As per the earlier fixture the Tigers are scheduled to play a three-day warm-up game and a limited-overs practice match against Northern Districts but Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) asked their New Zealand counterparts to add another three-dayer.

"It is yet to be confirmed but hopefully it will be okay within a couple of days. We have expressed our desire to play one more three-day game to give our players enough opportunities to acclimatise with the tough New Zealand conditions," informed Ahmed Sajjadul Alam Bobby, chairman of the BCB's media committee.

In that case Bangladesh will leave Dhaka for New Zealand on December 9 instead of 14.

The Tigers will play three one-day internationals and two Tests in their second visit to the country.

Rumz_01
October 27, 2007, 01:25 PM
im sure we beat new zealand in a warm u match..
may not have been their strong players, bu was new zealnad none the less..
or maybe im rong..

zainab
October 27, 2007, 05:18 PM
This is great news, if they can add this other 3 day match, heavens knows that BD needs this extra practice.

Imtiazk
October 27, 2007, 05:47 PM
Boxing Day match in Auckland ! If anyone is showing the match, it would be good late night viewing in the UK.

From what I remember of the Auckland ground, from the World Cup semi final when Pakistan beat NZ after Martin Crowe got injured and possibly lost the match for the Kiwis in the process, it is very odd-shaped from a cricket stadia point of view. The square leg boundary is awfully close and my fear is that Ashraful might get to like it too much ! It might be Chokka or Mokka all over again.

al Furqaan
October 27, 2007, 06:23 PM
if BCB pulls this off, it will raise my respect for the imbeciles running it quite a bit.

but hire RM, dammit, or it will all go down the drain.

cricket_king
October 27, 2007, 07:22 PM
Fantastic news. Extra practice can only make things a little easier for Bangladesh.

Imtiazk
October 28, 2007, 01:04 AM
New Zealand conditions are similar to England. Even the weather ! The moving ball will have an impact. We should fear Franklin as much as Bond. Bond is sheer class. But our batsmen can play sheer pace reasonably well. It is bounce and movement they are vulnerable to.
But if the past is anything to go by, it will be Vettori who will do the major damage. Apart from Ashraful, I don't see anyone [ Mushfiq perhaps ] who can play spin. Surprising for a sub-continental side.
We have produced decent spinners, all SLA's, but of the one day variety. But the time has come to make Razzak the number one spinner. His record is too good to be ignored.

As usual, I will back Rasel and Aftab to be included straightaway. With encouraging reports we are getting about Mashrafe, things are looking good in the bowling department.
Mashrafe better keep it up. His place was getting a bit shaky.

AsifTheManRahman
October 28, 2007, 01:18 AM
im sure we beat new zealand in a warm u match..
may not have been their strong players, bu was new zealnad none the less..
or maybe im rong..

yeah, that was a warm up game in the west indies.

AsifTheManRahman
October 28, 2007, 01:25 AM
Mashrafe better keep it up. His place was getting a bit shaky.

He better! NZ conditions are ideal for him to clock the mid 140's like he did the last time we visited (of course, that was before his first surgery, and probably the tour that initiated his series of injuries, but he still has it in him to bowl fast). Besides, I'm sure he's going to love dipping it in with the additional bit of assistance from the pitch, and that combined with the outswingers that he has developed lately can indeed make him our tit for NZ's tat in Shane Bond (no laughing at the first part of this analogy please).

israr
October 28, 2007, 02:02 AM
Hope we'll see some 'team brilliance' rather than some individuals' brilliance.

kalpurush
October 28, 2007, 02:03 AM
[quote=AsifTheManRahman;559215indeed make him our tit for NZ's tat in Shane Bond (no laughing at the first part of this analogy please).[/quote]

Asif ...upni je eto rosik, jana chilo na!:D

zainab
November 1, 2007, 06:12 AM
Just saw on TV that Mobilink has ranked NZ as third and Bangladesh as 9th in ODIs.
Jamie Siddons has a tough job on his hands to coach BD to secure more wins in ODI.s,but I think that he is mostly concerned about their test match performance. He does not have time to have much impact in this series, but hopefully his presence will instill more confidence in the players, and this will propel them to perform better, especially the young captain.
NZ has a dependable captain with the bat and ball and first class players. Their fielding is one of the best in the world.

al Furqaan
November 1, 2007, 12:49 PM
He better! NZ conditions are ideal for him to clock the mid 140's like he did the last time we visited (of course, that was before his first surgery, and probably the tour that initiated his series of injuries, but he still has it in him to bowl fast). Besides, I'm sure he's going to love dipping it in with the additional bit of assistance from the pitch, and that combined with the outswingers that he has developed lately can indeed make him our tit for NZ's tat in Shane Bond (no laughing at the first part of this analogy please).

sorry can't resist. i agree asif bhai, i just hope kiwi batsmen don't milk our tit...:floor:

Kabir
November 1, 2007, 12:58 PM
sorry can't resist. i agree asif bhai, i just hope kiwi batsmen don't milk our tit...:floor:

Milk our tit....hahaha :floor:

One World
November 3, 2007, 05:45 AM
Hey dont worry, NZ is touring RSA and SA-A is whooping their kiwi az.

zainab
November 5, 2007, 09:46 AM
Hey dont worry, NZ is touring RSA and SA-A is whooping their kiwi az.

Dont read anything much into this. Probably Kiwis had a bad spell, but they have beaten SA. BD may have beaten them in the warm up match in the world cup, but dont forget how they were badly beaten by NZ in the super 8,s, very embarrasing show.
they have very good, dependable players. Now, when they play the mighty Aussies, that is a different story, if they win one match i will jump for joy, in fact any team beating Aussies is a cause for celebration.

With the mediocre showing of our National players in the NCL, only a miracle can make them put on a good showing, maybe the new coach can knock some sense into them in the few weeks he has with them for the few weeks before the tour.

Eshen
November 5, 2007, 03:26 PM
From New Age -

Tigers to play extra one-day warm-up match in NZ

Bangladesh will play an additional one-day warm-up match during their tour of New Zealand in December-January, the Bangladesh Cricket Board said on Monday.

The BCB had requested New Zealand Cricket for two three-day warm-up matches to help the players get accustomed to the conditions. They had initially arranged only one three-day match and said the BCB would have to pay if they wanted anything more.

‘However, after negotiations we managed to convince them to arrange at least one additional limited-overs tune-up match now. We won’t have to pay for it,’ said Mahmudur Rahman, the chief executive officer of the BCB.

akabir77
November 5, 2007, 03:33 PM
Hope they will finish the whole tour this time around...

Murad
November 5, 2007, 03:42 PM
Thats a good news. So now we are getting 2 extra warm up matches. one 3-day and 1 one-day. Thanks BCB. You are doing wonderful job.

Hope they will finish the whole tour this time around...

Akabir bhai, what do you mean by this? We couldn't finish our last tour to NZ? shob kisu bhule gesi.. mind ta ektu refresh koira den.. akabir bhai..:)

akabir77
November 5, 2007, 05:01 PM
Thats a good news. So now we are getting 2 extra warm up matches. one 3-day and 1 one-day. Thanks BCB. You are doing wonderful job.

Akabir bhai, what do you mean by this? We couldn't finish our last tour to NZ? shob kisu bhule gesi.. mind ta ektu refresh koira den.. akabir bhai..:)

Bhaijan last time amra lej dui payer majey dhukaia tour er ek test or some odi (money nai konta) bad raikha choley aschilam. then we had to pay tons of money as a fine to NZ board...:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:

zainab
November 5, 2007, 06:33 PM

Yes! Why could'nt BD finish this Kiwi tour? i also read somewhere that BDCB had to pay the Kiwis quite a sum of money. Which year was this tour undertaken?

Murad
November 5, 2007, 06:57 PM
Akabir, brother, are you sure we toured NZ before? I was looking at our ODI list but i couldnt find any matches that we played in NZ. NZ toured Bangladesh but I think Bangladesh didn't tour NZ before. Or May be I'm wrong. IF BD toured NZ then what year was it? Anyone??

One World
November 5, 2007, 09:37 PM
Probably Kiwis had a bad spell, but they have beaten SA. BD may have beaten them in the warm up match in the world cup, but dont forget how they were badly beaten by NZ in the super 8,s, very embarrasing show......

With the mediocre showing of our National players in the NCL, only a miracle can make them put on a good showing, maybe the new coach can knock some sense into them in the few weeks he has with them for the few weeks before the tour.

You put up the exact points to ponder bro. I was actually trying to chill everyone and get attention of the die hard fans towards the SA tour of NZ. The performance analysis of NZ players in this tour might bring some good food for thoughts for our upcoming tour. Its always fun to do pros and cons as a fan. For example: Oram just demolished SA-A in their second innings and turned the match 180 degree. Now I am hoping for a Sakib-Oram fight in NZ, fairly expectable isnt it?

zainab
November 13, 2007, 05:24 PM
HI one world
< i am a sister> dont worry, everyone here knows that I am of the opposite sex. My name is Zain, shortened. i am a great fan of the BD team
Coming back to cricket, I heard that the Northern Districts are the strongest first class team in NZ. This will be the true test of the series. If BD can manage a win, then there is hope for the tour.

akabir77
November 13, 2007, 05:33 PM
Akabir, brother, are you sure we toured NZ before? I was looking at our ODI list but i couldnt find any matches that we played in NZ. NZ toured Bangladesh but I think Bangladesh didn't tour NZ before. Or May be I'm wrong. IF BD toured NZ then what year was it? Anyone??

I am sure they were there and came back... look for test. I know they played one or two test then came back...

in New Zealand 2 0 2 0 0 0.00 205 108 365 - 14.5 47.0 2.76 4.27

akabir77
November 13, 2007, 05:36 PM
1 NZ 365/9d 77.1 - W

1st Test v NZ in NZ 2001/02 at Hamilton [1577 (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63967.html)] 2 BD 205 58.1 - L 3 BD 108 46.2 - L 1 BD 132 64 - L

2nd Test v NZ in NZ 2001/02 at Wellington [1579 (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63968.html)] 2 NZ 341/6d 88 - W 3 BD 135 41 - L
there you go? If i remember this correctly they came back after the test without playing ODI or something... or may be they were suppose to play a 3rd test...

BCB kono offical karon boley nai but real story was BD players were scared or something and at that time BCB was also scared that all records will be broken so they called them back...

zainab
November 14, 2007, 09:42 AM
From my info on BD cricket since they were given Test status, they have played NZ in NZ, and also in BD. This upcoming series will be their third meeting.
They fared badly in the previous 2 meetings, lets hope that they show a bit more strength and determination here. Maybe with a coach like Jamie Siddons, they might fare better on this tour.

Eshen
November 14, 2007, 08:12 PM
We may have an advantage here - Kiwis should be quite exhausted when they will face us, after touring South Africa and Australia in trots. Wondering whether someone like Shane Bond will be able to stay fit until the Boxing day.

Look at their fixture -

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/match/schedule.html?team=5;team=2614;future=1
As expected, Shane Bond has already picked up an injury and he is not likely play, at least, in the ODI series against us.

The abdominal strain is considered the worst type of muscle injury for a fast bowler because it is slow to heal and easy to aggravate and New Zealand selection manager Richard Hadlee expected a four to six-week recovery period for Bond.

Bond will miss next month's Chappell-Hadlee series in Australia and at least the limited overs section of the home series against Bangladesh.

Bond home, dismisses talk of retirement (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10476196)

Also, James Franklin is going to have a knee surgery later this month, he may not be able to play for NZ for next six months.

akabir77
November 15, 2007, 10:31 AM
very good news... hope they wont recover before the BD series...

MohammedC
November 20, 2007, 11:04 PM
"We need to play more Test cricket. It's also got to come down to individuals, to increase skill levels and desire. We need to put performances together against quality opposition. We've got Bangladesh coming up next.
"If we go ahead and win those games it doesn't necessarily mean we've become a good Test team. We've got to put performances together against teams like Australia and South Africa, and England back home in our summer."

CricInfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/rsavnz/content/story/320970.html)

This is Vettori after loosing against South Africa. He does not rate us at all does he ?

One World
November 20, 2007, 11:55 PM
CricInfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/rsavnz/content/story/320970.html)

This is Vettori after loosing against South Africa. He does not rate us at all does he ?

Thats scary. You know 10 years from now, today's player is tomorrow's ICC official.

israr
November 21, 2007, 06:01 AM
Haha, poor Vettori, let him say that, cause he'll have to buy a new set of glasses after facing BD. Ash and Aftab will reduce his eyesight by destroying his glasses everytime he comes out in the field, and he'll tell his grandchildren the tales of his most horrible moments, which he can never forget after even after his expiry. Come on, we're prepared to reveal the actual differnce between sturdy Royal Tigers and mere fragile, feeble kiwis.

MohammedC
November 21, 2007, 07:09 AM
Haha, poor Vettori, let him say that, cause he'll have to buy a new set of glasses after facing BD. Ash and Aftab will reduce his eyesight by destroying his glasses everytime he comes out in the field, and he'll tell his grandchildren the tales of his most horrible moments, which he can never forget after even after his expiry. Come on, we're prepared to reveal the actual differnce between sturdy Royal Tigers and mere fragile, feeble kiwis.

I hope so bro, Kiwis are in the weekest shape now. and if there was time for Bangladesh to win a test match it is right now..................I am dreaming again

Murad
November 30, 2007, 02:45 PM
Bangladesh were set to play one limited-overs and a three-day build-up game in their tour but New Zealand Cricket has revised the fixture at request of their Bangladesh counterparts. They will now play three limited-overs practice games on December 16, 18 and 21.

The hosts will also arrange a Twenty20 match on December 23 to raise funds for Cyclone Sidr-hit victims in Bangladesh.

I think we are not going to play any practice match for the Test Series. They should have arranged a 3-4 day practice match after OD series.

zainab
November 30, 2007, 04:39 PM
Are'nt they supposed to play a three or four day match against Northern Districts?

The cricket channels in Canada are not televising the matches berween Bangladesh and NZ, because WI is playing SA, Australia is playing India, so they have no slots available. I am so mad., so unfortunately, I will not get to see my favourites playing.

Nocturnal
November 30, 2007, 05:34 PM
Are'nt they supposed to play a three or four day match against Northern Districts?

The cricket channels in Canada are not televising the matches berween Bangladesh and NZ, because WI is playing SA, Australia is playing India, so they have no slots available. I am so mad., so unfortunately, I will not get to see my favourites playing.

I guess now they will play 3 one day match(December 16, 18 and 21) instead 3-day game vs Northern Districts as practice and then one 20-20 game on Dec 23. The first ODI will held on Dec 26. No 3-day match is not going to help them in Test!

If you can watch the game on your comouter then it should not be a problem to watch BD-NZ live streaming like most of us....and you will get the link before play and there is already an open thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=24484) for links!

zainab
November 30, 2007, 06:23 PM
I guess now they will play 3 one day match(December 16, 18 and 21) instead 3-day game vs Northern Districts as practice and then one 20-20 game on Dec 23. The first ODI will held on Dec 26. No 3-day match is not going to help them in Test!

If you can watch the game on your comouter then it should not be a problem to watch BD-NZ live streaming like most of us....and you will get the link before play and there is already an open thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=24484) for links!

Thanks! I have never tried doing this, never watched a game on my computer, did not know that it can be done.

Murad
December 2, 2007, 03:00 PM
Ash asks vital question (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=14007)

Sports Reporter

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=200 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.thedailystar.net/photos/2007-12-03__sp02.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD class=osdn-navtext>SO, HOW ARE DOING? New Bangladesh cricket coach Jamie Siddons (L) exchanges views with captain Mohammad Ashraful (R) and assistant coach Sarwar Imran during a break from the inaugural day's practice session at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur yesterday. The Australian coach began his stint with the Tigers yesterday. Photo: STAR

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Under the guidance of new coach, Bangladesh cricket team started their training yesterday for the demanding tour of New Zealand to prove that they have improved since their last tour to the country Down Under six years back.

Inspired by his one-year extension as captain, Mohammad Ashraful however believed that Bangladesh cricket took a few steps forward from their last visit to New Zealand in 2001 where they suffered innings defeats in both Tests.

"Playing New Zealand in their own conditions is always a tough challenge for any team in the world and it has become a much tougher for teams like us. But we improved a lot in the last few years, especially by proving that we can challenge any team in one-day matches," said Ashraful, who scored only 28 runs in four outings in his last New Zealand visit.

Bangladesh however did not play a full series in their first tour as there were no one-day matches but this time they are going to start the series with a three-match ODI series after playing couple of practice matches.

The training camp got underway with all fifteen players for the one-day series under the supervision of Siddons, the former assistant coach of Australia whom many believe to be a hard taskmaster and will put some new things in training.

Paul Chapman, in his last working day with the Tigers, headed the fitness session and that was followed by Siddons's introductory session with his charges where he also presented his ideas on a projector.

"We had preliminary discussions on the first day and our new coach shared some ideas about his planning. Everybody has their own style but I think the basic is still the same. Actually the ultimate question is whether we have improved or not," said Ashraful while reflecting on the new coach's first meeting with the players.

The ace batsman said that they have to make sure that during practice the players get some ideas about the awaiting conditions.

"I am relatively happy with the boys' performances in the National Cricket League and it is always good to play some matches before a series. But the problem is that there is a big difference playing at home and in New Zealand conditions. I was not happy with the condition in which we have played the matches," explained Ashraful, who had fleeting form in the first-class competition.

"So we have to make it up as much as we can during the practice sessions. The good news is that we have some build-up games before the start of the one-day series," he demanded.

The right-handed batsman was happy with the fact that the board extended his tenure as skipper till December next year.

"The decisions will definitely help me a lot in order to lead properly. I can now design my own way that would not have been possible if I had the job in a series-to-series system. But main thing is that I have to perform well first," said an excited Ashraful.

Kabir
December 2, 2007, 05:34 PM
But main thing is that I have to perform well first

Same old crap.

cricket_king
December 3, 2007, 05:52 AM
Well at least he's aware of the fact that New Zealand has totally different conditions. It's going to be a tough tour...

zainab
December 3, 2007, 08:46 AM
Same old crap.

Poor Ash! Hope that he can improve, we all have to pray for him and to support him, not to condemn him all the time. He has all good intentions, needs to learn on the job how to be a good captain. Bashar was absolutely hopeless, he was not an attacking captain, also when he was stranguling the opposition, he always relaxed the grip.
Up to now, hated how he gave away that game against Ireland.that should have been a sure win, but I think that it was in his mind that Ireland beat Pakistan.

MohammedC
December 3, 2007, 07:34 PM
Bond, the fast bowler, will also be unavailable for Bangladesh's visit in January, all of which he finds "frustrating". He picked up the problem in November, during New Zealand's injury-hit tour of South Africa where they won one match out of seven. They lost both Tests, the Twenty20, the one-day series 2-1 and even the warm-up.#:-S

cricinfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausvnz/content/current/story/323599.html)

Eshen
December 3, 2007, 07:35 PM
Same old crap.
Same feeling here. All those mature/responsible talk is useless when you don't see any reflection of it in the field.

Eshen
December 3, 2007, 07:37 PM
cricinfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausvnz/content/current/story/323599.html)
Thank you Mohammad bhai, for the news.

So, it's confirmed that we are not going to see Bond-Franklin in the entire tour :)

Nocturnal
December 3, 2007, 07:38 PM
#:-S
Bond, the fast bowler, will also be unavailable for Bangladesh's visit in January...

great news :)

Eshen
December 3, 2007, 07:46 PM
alarm bells are ringing at NZC headquarters after 22 wickets fell on the opening day of a first-class match at the venue for the first test against Bangladesh the University Oval in Dunedin.

Otago's State Championship match against Auckland could be over today a shocking advertisement for the University Oval, which is due to host the opening test of the summer, starting on January 4.

New Zealand Cricket chief executive Justin Vaughan said he was "seriously concerned" about yesterday's events.

"You have to think the pitch is not right so we obviously need to put some resources down there to make sure it will last five days for the test," Vaughan said.

"We need to make sure that it is a good surface which it clearly isn't at the moment." Auckland were rolled for 94 in their first innings with Otago left-armer Bradley Scott capturing 6-20. Otago fared slightly better with 170 and already Auckland were 22-2 at stumps in their second innings.

If the pitch fails to improve, Seddon Park could be a possible replacement venue for the first test.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/waikatotimes/4311855a6414.html

Here is the scorecard of the Otago vs Auckland match.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/newzealand/engine/current/match/305052.html

Nocturnal
December 3, 2007, 07:52 PM
alarm bells are ringing at NZC headquarters after 22 wickets fell on the opening day of a first-class match at the venue for the first test against Bangladesh the University Oval in Dunedin.....

ok, 22 wickets in day one is not Normal. hopefully it will be well prepared before BD series get starts.

cricket_king
December 3, 2007, 08:14 PM
ok, 22 wickets in day one is not Normal. hopefully it will be well prepared before BD series get starts.

They had better prepare it or New Zealand's screwed as well, judging by their performances with the bat against South Africa...

MohammedC
December 3, 2007, 08:24 PM
Dunedin has two FC ground. University Oval never hosted a test match. The other ground Carisbrook hosted 10 matches.
Out of those 10 matches
NZ Won 3
Rest Won 4
Drawn 3

Out of those 7 win, team fielding first regardless of toss, has won 5 of them.
Although we are playing at different ground the weather will be similar. Who ever wins the toss send the other team in.

Antora
December 3, 2007, 08:24 PM
#:-S

no bond! no franklin!! this sounds sooo sweet! :) i hope we can take advantage of this!

MohammedC
December 3, 2007, 08:28 PM
Kyle Mills he is still there. His height will be problem for our boys.
Mark Gillespie is quick also

Orion
December 3, 2007, 09:54 PM
atleast Bond will be unavailable......he can destroy any team by himself....although not as quick as Lee or Shoaib, he is a far better bowler than both of them....one of my favorite player.

Eshen
December 6, 2007, 05:58 PM
Groundsman defends Oval pitch

University Oval groundsman Tom Tamati believes the pitch prepared for the match between the Otago Volts and the Auckland Aces which finished inside two days was not as bad as the low scoring game would suggest.

Full report (http://sportal.co.nz/default.aspx/Cricket-news-display/groundsman-defends-oval-pitch-39938)

zainab
December 14, 2007, 01:06 PM
From the locations, it seems that they are playing first 3 games in North Island, not too far for the boys to travel. But after that, they have to cross to the south Island, most likely flying from Auckland to Queenstown to play the third ODI, thy have to fly, distance by ferry and road is too far.
The first test is in Dunedin a scottish town, so they have to travel by coach from the West to the East Coast about 4 hrs drive, then I guess they have to fly from Dunedin to Wellington in the North island to play the second test match, then fly from Wellington to Auckland to return to BD. Queenstown is not that populated, mostly tourists, a better venue would have been Christchurch, more Bangladeshis. Dunedin hardly has an ethnic population, but Wellington has a large ethnic population.

Eshen
December 18, 2007, 06:57 PM
Fleming concerned he is underdone

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=129603

Former Black Caps skipper Stephen Fleming is concerned he will be seriously underdone heading into next month's two test series against Bangladesh.

The veteran left hander dislocated a thumb on the tour of South Africa and has not played since. He says it is worrying how little cricket he will have played.

Fleming says now the team is actually playing test matches, it is frustrating to be battling injury.

He hopes to play a domestic one dayer for Wellington at the end of the month, but says that is hardly ideal preparation for test cricket.

zia
December 18, 2007, 07:02 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know what Boxing day means in NZ and AUS.This is what Wikipedia says. Click the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day

zainab
December 19, 2007, 08:17 AM
Kyle Mills he is still there. His height will be problem for our boys.
Mark Gillespie is quick also

Two good bowlers for NZ, so BD is not really getting a pass here.

i feel that NZ will be a team which will be hard to beat by BD. Remember in the super 8 of the WC when they convincingly beat BD, even though BD beat them in the warm up game.

Anyhow, my wish is that they put up a good fight in the ODIs and in the test matches, do not ever get bowled out for less than 100 runs.
The tempo will be set after the ODIs.
In 2004, NZ beat a strong team like SL by an innings defeat in NZ. Players could not get used to the bounce.

With coach Siddons, there is a bit of hope.

Eshen
December 20, 2007, 06:02 PM
NZ team for the ODI series -

Daniel Vettori (captain)
Brendon McCullum
Jamie How
Peter Fulton
Scott Styris
Ross Taylor
Mathew Sinclair
Jacob Oram
Kyle Mills
Mark Gillespie
Chris Martin
Jeetan Patel

http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/content/blackcaps/latestblackcapsnews/10949/blackcaps-national.aspx

One World
December 20, 2007, 11:37 PM
Very Strong Team, the best NZ can get at this moment.

zainab
December 21, 2007, 11:43 AM
NZ team for the ODI series -

Daniel Vettori (captain)
Brendon McCullum
Jamie How
Peter Fulton
Scott Styris
Ross Taylor
Mathew Sinclair
Jacob Oram
Kyle Mills
Mark Gillespie
Chris Martin
Jeetan Patel

http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/content/blackcaps/latestblackcapsnews/10949/blackcaps-national.aspx

The best at the moment. Will be tough for BD to beat this team, only a miracle can help them.
If they dont improve on their bowling, this team will beat them the way they did in the world cup, by 9 wickets.

kalpurush
December 21, 2007, 01:18 PM
Very Strong Team, the best NZ can get at this moment.
...only missing is Bond!!!;)

MohammedC
December 21, 2007, 02:28 PM
Captain gives his batsmen a rark-up

"Bangladesh obviously are not as difficult as Australia, but we've also got a tough England team at home," he said.

And NZL have scored 250 only once in their 2 recent series (SA an Aus)

Indeed, New Zealand reached 250 only once in the space of four test innings in South Africa and five ODIs in both countries - although their solitary international win at Port Elizabeth had them batting second and chasing 210.

Vettori doesn't want to contemplate a loss to Bangladesh. With due respect, it shouldn't happen, but if it does, think cats and pigeons.

I used to like Vettori, now that he has become Captain he started to talk too much

Link (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=128&objectid=10483836)

WarWolf
December 21, 2007, 02:39 PM
I used to like Vettori, now that he has become Captain he started to talk too much

It seems that he has chosen Ponting rather than Flemming as his role model.

Fazal
December 21, 2007, 02:45 PM
I am afraid boxing day will be turn out to be a keel & chor day for us.

Hatebreed
December 21, 2007, 02:58 PM
I am afraid boxing day will be turn out to be a keel & chor day for us.
That's how boxing day is in reality. Shoppers trample and beat each other up. It will be a festivus beating for our boys.

zainab
December 22, 2007, 07:56 AM
Boxing day will not be a happy one for us BD fans. My take is if the best of the BD team was convincingly beaten by two first class teams like ND and AA, then what can they do against the National team who have the pick of the best that NZ has to offer.
Lets forget their poor showing against SA and Australia. BD is nowhere near in ranking and performance to these teams. NZ will have already heard or seen these 2 matches and smacking their lips that this series is going to be easy pickings for them.

All i am hoping for is that Bangladesh put up a good fight and do not become easy picking for this team who is hungry for a win to salvage their pride,
I was hoping for a miracle with Coach Siddons there with them, but it has not happened.

israr
December 23, 2007, 03:15 PM
Boxing day will not be a happy one for us BD fans. My take is if the best of the BD team was convincingly beaten by two first class teams like ND and AA, then what can they do against the National team who have the pick of the best that NZ has to offer.
Lets forget their poor showing against SA and Australia. BD is nowhere near in ranking and performance to these teams. NZ will have already heard or seen these 2 matches and smacking their lips that this series is going to be easy pickings for them.

All i am hoping for is that Bangladesh put up a good fight and do not become easy picking for this team who is hungry for a win to salvage their pride,
I was hoping for a miracle with Coach Siddons there with them, but it has not happened.

Who won the 20-20 match?

One World
December 24, 2007, 09:41 AM
Who cares what Vettori thinks. This is what Fleming thinks!

'If we're tentative, they'll put up a fight'
Beware of Bangladesh - Fleming
Cricinfo staff
December 24, 2007
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=320 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif
</TD><TD class=photo>http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/319059.jpg?alt=2
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=photo>Stephen Fleming: "It feels very tentative with the [New Zealand] batting unit - there's been a lot of focus on it, the performances haven't been great and with that comes a certain amount of tension" <NOBR>© AFP</NOBR>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Stephen Fleming has warned New Zealand not to take Bangladesh for granted in the upcoming ODI and Test series. Fleming, the former New Zealand captain, was leading the New Zealand Cricket XI that lost to the Bangladeshis in a charity Twenty20 (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/nzvbdesh/engine/current/match/323613.html) game in Hamilton.
"If we're tentative, they'll put up a fight," he told the New Zealand Herald after the game. Fleming, who retired from ODIs after the World Cup but is still part of New Zealand's Test team, highlighted the Bangladesh batsmen as the key threat. "They've got good strokemakers," he said. "There's not a lot of fear in some of their players and on their day they can come off - we've seen that in some of the upsets they've caused at World Cups."
Fleming also contrasted the approach of the Bangladesh batsmen with that of New Zealand. "Their batting is probably almost the opposite of where our batting unit is," Fleming admitted. "They seem full of confidence, and they don't really have a lot of fear. The consequence of them playing a bad shot and getting out doesn't seem to be there."
New Zealand's batsmen haven't had a great run of late; Dale Steyn decimated the line-up with 20 wickets in the two Tests in South Africa, and barring one ODI in Port Elizabeth, their batsmen have generally failed to cope. "It feels very tentative with the batting unit - there's been a lot of focus on it, the performances haven't been great and with that comes a certain amount of tension.
"Coming into the side, you could feel that, the ways the guys played. We have to get away from that and try and stamp some authority with the willow in hand." The match on Sunday was Fleming's first competitive game after the Tests in South Africa, during which he had dislocated his thumb. Fleming, who made 17, but was not his fluent self, said, "I felt like a fish out of water. It was all a bit foreign. I was pretty nervous after six weeks without playing so things are pretty green at the moment."
Bangladesh, who haven't won an ODI or Test against New Zealand, play the first of the three-match ODI series on Boxing Day in Auckland. The two-Test series, in which Fleming is to play, begins in Dunedin on January 4.

One World
December 24, 2007, 10:28 AM
And this is what is possible on a boxing day!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=90>ODI no. 2201
</TD><TD width=5>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=middle>India in Bangladesh ODI Series (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/series/61163.html) - 2nd ODI
Bangladesh v India </TD><TD width=5>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=right width=90>2004/05 season </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Played at Bangabandhu National Stadium, Dhaka (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/ground/56661.html), on 26 December 2004 - day/night (50-over match)
Result Bangladesh won by 15 runs
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=7>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=7>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD colSpan=2>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=28>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=28>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=28>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=21>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=21>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=42>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD colSpan=3>Bangladesh innings (50 overs maximum)</TD><TD align=right>R</TD><TD align=right>M</TD><TD align=right>B</TD><TD align=right>4s</TD><TD align=right>6s</TD><TD align=right>SR</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Nafees Iqbal (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56064.html)</TD><TD width=246>c http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifDhoni b Agarkar</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>33</TD><TD align=right>22</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>40.90</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Mohammad Rafique (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55973.html)</TD><TD width=246>lbw b Khan</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0.00</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2>http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/captain.gif</TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Habibul Bashar (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55906.html)</TD><TD width=246>b Agarkar</TD><TD align=right>17</TD><TD align=right>34</TD><TD align=right>21</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>80.95</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Mohammad Ashraful (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55988.html)</TD><TD width=246>c & b Kartik</TD><TD align=right>28</TD><TD align=right>52</TD><TD align=right>41</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>68.29</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Aftab Ahmed (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56266.html)</TD><TD width=246>b Kartik</TD><TD align=right>67</TD><TD align=right>124</TD><TD align=right>98</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>68.36</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Rajin Saleh (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56074.html)</TD><TD width=246>run out (Yuvraj Singh)</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>10</TD><TD align=right>10</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0.00</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2>http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gif</TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Khaled Mashud (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55954.html)</TD><TD width=246>c Joginder Sharma b Sriram</TD><TD align=right>20</TD><TD align=right>34</TD><TD align=right>24</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>83.33</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Khaled Mahmud (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55952.html)</TD><TD width=246>run out (Kaif/http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifDhoni)</TD><TD align=right>17</TD><TD align=right>50</TD><TD align=right>38</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>44.73</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Mashrafe Mortaza (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56007.html)</TD><TD width=246>not out</TD><TD align=right>31</TD><TD align=right>44</TD><TD align=right>39</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>79.48</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Tapash Baisya (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56176.html)</TD><TD width=246>b Khan</TD><TD align=right>17</TD><TD align=right>24</TD><TD align=right>13</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>130.76</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Nazmul Hossain (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56056.html)</TD><TD width=246>not out</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>150.00</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Extras</TD><TD>(lb 4, w 6, nb 10)</TD><TD align=right>20</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4></TD><TD align=right bgColor=#000000>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Total</TD><TD>(9 wickets; 50 overs; 211 mins)</TD><TD align=right>229</TD><TD align=middle colSpan=5>(4.58 runs per over)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Fall of wickets1-1 (Mohammad Rafique, 1.2 ov), 2-26 (Nafees Iqbal, 6.5 ov), 3-37 (Habibul Bashar, 8.4 ov), 4-81 (Mohammad Ashraful, 18.2 ov), 5-88 (Rajin Saleh, 20.5 ov), 6-132 (Khaled Mashud, 29.5 ov), 7-168 (Aftab Ahmed, 38.4 ov), 8-187 (Khaled Mahmud, 43.6 ov), 9-226 (Tapash Baisya, 49.4 ov) (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/match/64916.html?innings=1;view=fow)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD bgColor=#d8d4d2> Bowling</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>Ohttp://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>M</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>R</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>W</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>Econ</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> AB Agarkar (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/26184.html)</TD><TD align=right>9http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>31</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>3.44</TD><TD align=right>(1nb, 2w)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Z Khan (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/30102.html)</TD><TD align=right>8http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>53</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>6.62</TD><TD align=right>(1w)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Joginder Sharma (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/29976.html)</TD><TD align=right>10http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>51</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>5.10</TD><TD align=right>(3nb, 1w)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> M Kartik (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/30049.html)</TD><TD align=right>10http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>43</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>4.30</TD><TD align=right>(5nb)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> S Sriram (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/34118.html)</TD><TD align=right>10http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>37</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>3.70</TD><TD align=right>(1w)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> D Mongia (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/31034.html)</TD><TD align=right>3http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>10</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>3.33</TD><TD align=right>(1nb)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=7>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=7>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD colSpan=2>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=28>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=28>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=28>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=21>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=21>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD width=42>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD colSpan=3>India innings (target: 230 runs from 50 overs)</TD><TD align=right>R</TD><TD align=right>M</TD><TD align=right>B</TD><TD align=right>4s</TD><TD align=right>6s</TD><TD align=right>SR</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>V Sehwag (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/35263.html)</TD><TD width=246>b Mashrafe Mortaza</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0.00</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2>http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/captain.gif</TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>SC Ganguly (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/28779.html)</TD><TD width=246>c Mashrafe Mortaza b Khaled Mahmud</TD><TD align=right>22</TD><TD align=right>84</TD><TD align=right>42</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>52.38</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Yuvraj Singh (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/36084.html)</TD><TD width=246>c Rajin Saleh b Tapash Baisya</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>13</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>50.00</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>S Sriram (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/34118.html)</TD><TD width=246>st http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gifKhaled Mashud b Mohammad Rafique</TD><TD align=right>57</TD><TD align=right>114</TD><TD align=right>91</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>62.63</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>M Kaif (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/29990.html)</TD><TD width=246>run out (Rajin Saleh)</TD><TD align=right>49</TD><TD align=right>105</TD><TD align=right>56</TD><TD align=right>5</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>87.50</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>D Mongia (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/31034.html)</TD><TD width=246>lbw b Tapash Baisya</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD align=right>21</TD><TD align=right>18</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>66.66</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2>http://img.cricinfo.com/engine-nav/keeper.gif</TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>MS Dhoni (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/28081.html)</TD><TD width=246>c Habibul Bashar b Mashrafe Mortaza</TD><TD align=right>12</TD><TD align=right>16</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>109.09</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>AB Agarkar (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/26184.html)</TD><TD width=246>c Aftab Ahmed b Mohammad Rafique</TD><TD align=right>9</TD><TD align=right>18</TD><TD align=right>15</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>60.00</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Joginder Sharma (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/29976.html)</TD><TD width=246>not out</TD><TD align=right>29</TD><TD align=right>34</TD><TD align=right>22</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>131.81</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>Z Khan (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/30102.html)</TD><TD width=246>c Mashrafe Mortaza b Khaled Mahmud</TD><TD align=right>10</TD><TD align=right>23</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>71.42</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" width=192>M Kartik (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/30049.html)</TD><TD width=246>run out (Aftab Ahmed)</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>11</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>50.00</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Extras</TD><TD>(lb 4, w 3)</TD><TD align=right>7</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4></TD><TD align=right bgColor=#000000>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD colSpan=2></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Total</TD><TD>(all out; 47.5 overs; 227 mins)</TD><TD align=right>214</TD><TD align=middle colSpan=5>(4.47 runs per over)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Fall of wickets1-0 (Sehwag, 0.3 ov), 2-5 (Yuvraj Singh, 3.2 ov), 3-51 (Ganguly, 17.1 ov), 4-114 (Sriram, 28.5 ov), 5-131 (Mongia, 33.2 ov), 6-155 (Dhoni, 37.2 ov), 7-170 (Kaif, 40.1 ov), 8-172 (Agarkar, 40.5 ov), 9-204 (Khan, 45.6 ov), 10-214 (Kartik, 47.5 ov) (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/engine/match/64916.html?innings=2;view=fow)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD bgColor=#d8d4d2> Bowling</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>Ohttp://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>M</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>R</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>W</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2>Econ</TD><TD align=right bgColor=#d8d4d2></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Mashrafe Mortaza (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56007.html)</TD><TD align=right>9http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>36</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>4.00</TD><TD align=right>(1w)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Tapash Baisya (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56176.html)</TD><TD align=right>10http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>35</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>3.50</TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Nazmul Hossain (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56056.html)</TD><TD align=right>7http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>26</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>3.71</TD><TD align=right></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Khaled Mahmud (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55952.html)</TD><TD align=right>9.5</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>40</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>4.06</TD><TD align=right>(1w)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Mohammad Rafique (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/55973.html)</TD><TD align=right>10http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>57</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>5.70</TD><TD align=right>(1w)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap"> Aftab Ahmed (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56266.html)</TD><TD align=right>2http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>16</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>8.00</TD><TD align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=620 bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://img.cricinfo.com/spacer.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Toss Bangladesh, who chose to bat first
Series 3-match series level 1-1

Player of the match Mashrafe Mortaza (Bangladesh)

Umpires AFM Akhtaruddin (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56228.html) and Aleem Dar (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/39157.html) (Pakistan)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

AsifTheManRahman
December 24, 2007, 11:00 AM
I don't mind Vettori saying what he is saying, because he isn't lying. Besides, the more lightly they take us the better.

FagunerAgun
December 24, 2007, 12:45 PM
There will be lot of curiosity this time, as BD has improved and NZ's form is not good.
Let's see what happens.