PDA

View Full Version : So Aftab is not good enough for tests ? Really ?

Imtiazk
July 3, 2007, 05:14 PM
Aftab is not the solution to this collective depression we are in. But I was intrigued by one point made by many when he was dropped from the squad , forget the final XI, that he was not suitable for tests.

Really, so these morons are ?

One thing I found watching Aftab bat , before he also played yet another idiotic shot like all the others, was that he always looked comfortable. That tells me there is at least something to work on. Just like Ashraful. Most of the others are woeful in their technique. Do they leave their front foot back in the pavilion ?

I wouldn't be surprised if he playing in the third test.

sadi
July 3, 2007, 05:31 PM
Aftab is technically one of our best batsman eventhough at times, he slogs like a tailender. If he can work on his temperament issues and play with responsibility, he can be a really successful test player. We are really missing Tushar in this series. He is the one who has some experience playing first class cricket for A teams and domestic cricket. He would have been more useful in test matches than odis.

Omio
July 3, 2007, 05:31 PM
I also think he got deserve to get chance in team.

jahidus200
July 3, 2007, 09:14 PM
must be aftab will get back in our team

Antora
July 3, 2007, 09:19 PM
we need tabby......a batsmen like him deserves to be in the squad ....at least he can score double figures

akabir77
July 3, 2007, 09:26 PM
now tell me where he should play? we already have two/three popular player in number 6 position. So where is his place?
Khali dimand korlai to holo na logic o thaker lagbey...
That's why there was no huge cry for dropping him as people thought sakib/jr r much better player and got the nod instead him. Jr. looked much better than sakib though...

max410
July 3, 2007, 09:34 PM
Aftab is not the solution to this collective depression we are in. But I was intrigued by one point made by many when he was dropped from the squad , forget the final XI, that he was not suitable for tests.

Really, so these morons are ?

One thing I found watching Aftab bat , before he also played yet another idiotic shot like all the others, was that he always looked comfortable. That tells me there is at least something to work on. Just like Ashraful. Most of the others are woeful in their technique. Do they leave their front foot back in the pavilion ?

I wouldn't be surprised if he playing in the third test.

They are all Just a Bunch of CHAGOLS(Goat)
But they call themselves tigers LOL
ALL HAIl for The ROYAL BENGAL CHAGOLS

WarWolf
July 3, 2007, 09:45 PM
Aftab thaklei amra gotokal 250 cross korte partam? The issue lies much deeper than that.

scoilaheez
July 3, 2007, 11:46 PM
Aftab has the quality, i think he is better than JO and Hablu and so should bat at no.6 for us. Sure, he slogs way too much but he is a better option to be getting runs for us.

battye
July 4, 2007, 04:03 AM
Aftab has the quality, i think he is better than JO and Hablu and so should bat at no.6 for us. Sure, he slogs way too much but he is a better option to be getting runs for us.

Even if he slogs and gets out for 10 he's done better than every other batsman (Rajin Saleh excluded, he made 21).

Ehsan
July 4, 2007, 08:02 AM
I am all up for Aftab, he is a class player and deserves a place in the Squad. He looks comfortable almost against any attack. Temperament is the only issue with him, but that applies to almost all BD players.

But I don't know if changing players at this stage of the series will matter. We have not yet seen anything good from the 2nd Test change.

habfreak
July 4, 2007, 08:31 AM
We Do Not Have Enough Talent To Have Seperate Squads. Play Shahadat In The Odis, Play Tamim And Aftab In The Tests. Give Enam And Sakib All The Exposure They Need. Playing In One And Getting Dropped In The Next Is The Best Way To Destroy Young Talent.

WarWolf
July 4, 2007, 09:10 AM
I am all up for Aftab, he is a class player and deserves a place in the Squad. He looks comfortable almost against any attack. Temperament is the only issue with him, but that applies to almost all BD players.

But I don't know if changing players at this stage of the series will matter. We have not yet seen anything good from the 2nd Test change.
He has problem in playing quality spin, specially off spin. Most probably for this reason he is out of the test team.

roi
July 4, 2007, 10:11 AM

How can you compare Aftab with JO and Basher?
Answer me, is he an opener? How can you compare aftab with an opener?
What is your point?
And comparision with Basher?Hello...do some google before you state something!
Basher is the only batsman has average test standard. None of any BD batsman near to him.
I am sure, many of you, those are crying for aftab will hate him when he fails just 2/3 months ago.
Bangali sob kichu-i vule jai khub taratari.....:mad: