PDA

View Full Version : The real reason for our poor performance...

jabbar
July 3, 2007, 09:57 PM
It's simple -- we are lacking a good coach and a settled coaching staff. A team like ours with very limited experience and ability in Tests needs a guiding hand, as Dav Whatmore has done in the past.

No disrespect to Shaun Williams who I'm sure is a good coach in his own right, but once a coach is settled in to the position, I see that we will improve a lot. We need a real task master with tactical nouse, however.

Rifat
July 3, 2007, 10:05 PM
Very Recently, Bangladesh were criticized for batting very aggressively in the test arena like ODI, playing in Sri lanka has now given Bangladesh the conscienceness to take one ball at a time and play test loike it should be played. our recent run rate greatly reflects that. my top four reasons why more time is required:

1. after a long break of 13 months, playing with India in the test areana has significantly showed how ODI oriented our cricket team is, i mean look at ashraful and mortaza's innings, 67 off 42 balls is not a test innings(good effort though).

2. Sri lanka has a very moist soil, perfect for spin and pace conditions, on top of that, Bangladesh is facing about the toughest bowling lineup with superstars on form such as Malinga, Vaas, and Muralitharan, on any given day (such as recently) only one of them is needed to rip the Bangladesh batting lineup to shreads.

3. Sri lanka has world top class batsmen.

this series is surely an "agni-parikha" or fireplay for Bangladesh. this test will reflect how much we have improved and how we can play and adjust to difficult conditions in the Test matches against formidable opponents. so, i don't think ICC will take immediate actions against our cricket team but however the next test series we play against New Zealand if we play like this then they will be forced to take drastic action.

to fans,

The team is still determined for greatness, there is still time for a turnaround in the way we approach this lankan team. i would sit tight because one positive thing from Bangladesh is that they NEVER back down from a challenge, and it is NEVER TOO LATE... SO ACT NOW AND ROAR................

Rifat
July 3, 2007, 10:08 PM
i hope everyone feels better with this song:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-726940908076720033&q=din+bodoler+pala&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Nocturnal
July 3, 2007, 10:12 PM
good song. thanks rifat.

Haradhon
July 3, 2007, 10:22 PM
We still lack in basics, such as footwork during batting.
Also, for test matches you need one or strike bowlers that serve as threats. How long did it take for SL to have a Murali, and for India to have a Sachin?

BD needs to learn how to stay in the crease; Ireland's O'Brien brothers do it better than our "stars!"

Antora
July 3, 2007, 10:34 PM
simple answer we need a good mum!!! by that i mean coach...

Antora
July 3, 2007, 10:37 PM
i hope everyone feels better with this song:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-726940908076720033&q=din+bodoler+pala&total=1&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

thnx for the song!!!!!!!

Kabir
July 3, 2007, 11:10 PM
simple answer we need a good mum!!! by that i mean coach...

Ponting's grandmother can come for some help here I guess?

One World
July 3, 2007, 11:15 PM
This song is a cool creation by Amethyst

battye
July 4, 2007, 12:06 AM
I'd like to see Ireland tour Bangladesh for 3 ODI's and 1 four day match.

Bangladesh would wipe the floor with Ireland, honestly. I think Ireland would seriously struggle.

Sohel
July 4, 2007, 12:08 AM
Why?

1. Sri Lanka is way better than we are. They have an older, more mature cricket culture, better quality infrastructure, and play more first class cricket to prepare themselves for this level. M. Warnapura, their young guy, has played 107 first class matches before his debut. JOB, our old guy, leads all Bangladeshis with 42 first class matches.
2. We don't play enough first class cricket.
3. This is a poorly selected team based on arbitrary bias and flawed "conventional wisdom" from incompetent and irresponsible selectors who have never been held accountable for their actions.

Pundit
July 4, 2007, 12:09 AM
Two more Oscars being given away to the winners in the Category for determining the real reason for our poor performance.

Remember, evolution takes time. No one can derail it.

ammark
July 4, 2007, 12:35 AM
Why?

1. Sri Lanka is way better than we are. They have an older, more mature cricket culture, better quality infrastructure, and play more first class cricket to prepare themselves for this level. M. Warnapura, their young guy, has played 107 first class matches before his debut. JOB, our old guy, leads all Bangladeshis with 42 first class matches.
2. We don't play enough first class cricket.
3. This is a poorly selected team based on arbitrary bias and flawed "conventional wisdom" from incompetent and irresponsible selectors who have never been held accountable for their actions.

And yet people are too busy blaming the soil in Sri Lanka, instead of admitting said weaknesses

jabbar
July 4, 2007, 01:30 AM
Why?
... M. Warnapura, their young guy, has played 107 first class matches before his debut. JOB, our old guy, leads all Bangladeshis with 42 first class matches. ...

I think this point is poignant.

max410
July 4, 2007, 03:01 AM
It's simple -- we are lacking a good coach and a settled coaching staff. A team like ours with very limited experience and ability in Tests needs a guiding hand, as Dav Whatmore has done in the past.

No disrespect to Shaun Williams who I'm sure is a good coach in his own right, but once a coach is settled in to the position, I see that we will improve a lot. We need a real task master with tactical nouse, however.

COACH Is not the ultimate answer to your question, Its the player, they are given proper training and proper facilities by BCB . Don't forget Ireland They are not professional cricketers like our Bangladeshi players most of them have jobs and play as Hobby , They did not hire coaches like Dav whatmore. Look at their performance they are real good fighters and quite Impressive in their approach towards the game.
The BD players have got enough resources for the last sever years and they know very well that murali has been taking tons of wickets against BD in test matches. They are not even trying to be a little extra careful to play his deliveries.
Coach Shaun williams will not go out there and play for BD he will just guide . Dont Blame is on coach WE DON'T DESERVE TEST STATUS.
The win Against Zimbabwe is a test match is not considered a great win , ZImbabwe is not in the top form like i used to be.
Our Batsman have bad habits of poor batting technique which you were not suppose to do at this level of cricket.
There should be some kind of punishment for the player so that they stop playing poor shot and making the same mistakes. Unless BCB put sthe players in pressure they will never learn.
The player are getting paid from sponsors, and using the excuse that we are a new team just to play poorly like the second test again.
ITS BECOMING A LAME EXCUSE THAT WE ARE A NEW INTERNATIONAL TEST SIDE.

jabbar
July 4, 2007, 03:13 AM
COACH Is not the ultimate answer to your question, Its the player, they are given proper training and proper facilities by BCB . Don't forget Ireland They are not professional cricketers like our Bangladeshi players most of them have jobs and play as Hobby , They did not hire coaches like Dav whatmore. Look at their performance they are real good fighters and quite Impressive in their approach towards the game.
The BD players have got enough resources for the last sever years and they know very well that murali has been taking tons of wickets against BD in test matches. They are not even trying to be a little extra careful to play his deliveries.
Coach Shaun williams will not go out there and play for BD he will just guide . Dont Blame is on coach WE DON'T DESERVE TEST STATUS.
The win Against Zimbabwe is a test match is not considered a great win , ZImbabwe is not in the top form like i used to be.
Our Batsman have bad habits of poor batting technique which you were not suppose to do at this level of cricket.
There should be some kind of punishment for the player so that they stop playing poor shot and making the same mistakes. Unless BCB put sthe players in pressure they will never learn.
The player are getting paid from sponsors, and using the excuse that we are a new team just to play poorly like the second test again.
ITS BECOMING A LAME EXCUSE THAT WE ARE A NEW INTERNATIONAL TEST SIDE.

I understand your points, and they have been said ad nauseum in this forum. I suppose I wanted to put their bad performance in perspective. Even if they did have a super coach, they would not be able to avoid defeat. I think that making around 200 per innings is definitely doable by this team against SL, and I feel that a good coach will bring out the talent in the young players to achieve that.

Foozy
July 4, 2007, 08:03 AM
I'd like to see Ireland tour Bangladesh for 3 ODI's and 1 four day match.

Bangladesh would wipe the floor with Ireland, honestly. I think Ireland would seriously struggle.

let me give u the truth!!... wed loose badly against ireland!!! they use pace bowling, swing, and tall bowlers ... very tall that is... bowling bouncers!!... bd cant cope up to it... weve seen in world cup!!... wed prolly win the odi series though!!
South Africa cant play spin that well. if played in slow home soil... wed prolly hav more of a chance against them!!...
but either ways... honestly.. i think we just arent matured yet for test matches.. and its by no means a fault of any players!!... its the fault of the way they were groomed!!...
then again, each of these bowlers in the sl side are just too good... they really are fierce in their own ways... even the NZ matches should be more interesting than these guys!!... id say shane bond is not as "deadly" as malinga... and the rest dont compare!!... so bd would prolly give a much better fight there ....
well nevertheless.. i do want to see bd kik some *** in the odis!!... just hope they dont loose spirit just coz of this mess..
hope tamim and the new squad use their fresh anger to soem good cause!!...

and by now i just hope that every1 realises wat im gonna say... coz it really ... REALLY is important that in the ODIs... we need ash to open with tamim!!!!!!!!!
he IS the best batsman we hav in our team... and can handle any1 on a good day.. and on a bad day... he cant handle any1 atall... in his regard.. order dosent really matter!!!
so wat we need is to just put nafees down the order... and give the poor guy some room to breathe!!!!! HE NEEDS TO B DOWN THE ORDER!!!!!...
and get bashar and javed omar out... and get farhad reza and any1 else in... riyad maybe.... (im not excluding aftab by the way.. for the aftab fans... haha ... i want him in too... but a lil down the order... maybe 4 down or so... coz this guy can bat really well... but he needs room too... just like nafees rite now!!)...
lets just hope we do keep up to wat we can do... lets just hope that we do prove a point... coz in ODIs... weve got razzaq, sakib, and mashrafee... weapons id say much more dangerous than any they hav...
its a completely different ball game.. and if bd play well.. we can definately win some good games... but we need to hav the rite order...
u put nafees up.... and its all gonna come apart... gullu wont b a total rip off... but id say put ash in... no... not mushy... but ash...
WE NEED TO WIN THOSE!!!!!!!... just to even preserve faith and belief!!!!... and ofcourse for the respect too!!!

Rifat
July 4, 2007, 09:03 AM
this team deserves loads of criticism... the last time they sensed victory was back on april 7 2007 against a good team.

Sadz
July 4, 2007, 12:29 PM
The real reason is the coach of course but also if one player gets out the rest tumble, even star players and thats what we have to work on. The difference between sri lanka and us is that they can carry on even if 1 player is out.

Imtiazk
July 4, 2007, 12:49 PM

Let's get it. This team did not become like this in two weeks. The performance against India was no different. In fact, you have to ask , are we any better in tests compared to four years ago? I doubt it.

We glorify some good performances here and there. Fatullah 2006 comes to mind. St.Lucia against a ordinary team. Multan. Really, I can't think of too many others. Zimbabwe should not come into this as we should have beaten them even more easily. In fact, the second test in Dhaka needed a heroic effort from Nafis Iqbal and Javed Omar to save the match.

So, for all the heaps of praises that are showered upon Dav, I have often wondered why ? As for myself, I lost respect for him when he opted for three seamers here in England because as was explained, "you need three seamers in England". So , we picked Anwar Hossain Monir for two tests. He was so good that he was never picked again for any Bangladesh outfit of any kind. Needless to say, he took zero wickets in the two tests. He was picked at the expense of Enam who had just taken 18 wickets against Zimbabwe a couple of months back. Nothing could be more de-motivating.

Dav did bring about a more professional one day outfit though. In fact, he taught them to do simple things better. Bowl a certain line etc. These things do work in one day cricket.

Dhakablues
July 4, 2007, 03:12 PM
Daily star had an article about this;
http://thedailystar.net/2007/07/05/d70705040434.htm

Basically... Like it or not,, u have to learn to appreciate seeing experienced older player at test cricket. And those Pedophilles who clamour for the young ones to be included in test cricket, Just go watch danone cup!!

One World
July 4, 2007, 08:16 PM
"If the management in Sri Lanka feels that they need an additional player, we will provide it. The decision is theirs'. They will contact us again tomorrow and it could be Tushar or any one among Aftab, Tamim, Riyad and Forhad who will join the one-day team," the chief selector told.

Things are not out of hand yet. But replacing just two player might not do any good while the whole team is in disarray.

WarWolf
July 4, 2007, 08:22 PM

Basically... Like it or not,, u have to learn to appreciate seeing experienced older player at test cricket. And those Pedophilles who clamour for the young ones to be included in test cricket, Just go watch danone cup!!
Good find Dhakablues.

jabbar
July 4, 2007, 08:24 PM

...And those Pedophilles who clamour for the young ones to be included in test cricket...

wtf?!