PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful & Mashrafee needs to learn ..

sonarbangla
July 5, 2007, 06:04 AM
1. Team Spirit
2. Have faith in his team mates

Seriously, he did an awesome work. However, he was responsible for the second test to end in three days. He made Rafique and Shahadat run out for no good reason. Those weren't even 50% possibility and he asked them to run for the second. As a captain he should always count on his fellow members. Rafique was ok. Old guy, can't even see properly. He bats suckzzz. But Shahadat has lotz of potential. He even faced Malinga right! They why couldn't he count on him?! Really sad.. It will make the team fall apart someday. I could see dissapointment in Shahadat's face.

Mashrafee did the same thing when Bangladesh played against India. He was going well. Then he didn't count on Russels capability and got out. These ppl are psycho i tell ya. shame

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 06:08 AM
Ash was a little bit over cautious with his new responsibility as a captain. Though he should have kept faith on his tail enders, he will learn with time. I don't find an issue here.

Mahmood
July 5, 2007, 06:19 AM
I see a great leader rising from the ashes of these 2 tests. Just hang in there.

Orpheus
July 5, 2007, 06:21 AM
Ash was a little bit over cautious with his new responsibility as a captain. Though he should have kept faith on his tail enders. He will learn with time. I don't find an issue here.

I agree with shonar bangla. If this is not brought to his attention, he will do it again. He also ran out his partner against India in that 158* knock.

Right now, he is the captain and he should act like one. He should have more belief in his tail enders. If he didn't believe in the tail ender batting, why did he bring himself at 6? That makes no sense. If 2 wickets are gone, the tail is exposed. How far was he planning to go with that tail if he can't trust them? Rafique has a test 100, Ashraful should atleast show some respect to him though it was rafique's fault to begin with for running. Ashraful always screams 2 2 2 2... he needed to see where the ball went.

added: I also agree with Mahmud bhai that Ashraful plays better with greater responsibility....he has all the ingredients to be a gem of a captain but he still neeeds to think a bit more logically. What will few more overs of ash batting will bring us for the team in this match?? BUt trust on shahadat would have probably done wonders on shahadat's self-confidence.

PoorFan
July 5, 2007, 06:22 AM
Come on, Ash was trying to extend the score and innings, and he failed but he TRIED ... means he's learning, that should be the taking.

Foozy
July 5, 2007, 06:23 AM
with shahadat... ya... i do think that that was somethin ash shouldnt hav done... shahadat can defend as good as any batsman... his attacking mode isnt all that great... but he should hav kept faith in him...
but still... it was simply wonderful... and if only rajin would also hav a good day... (or ofcourse... even a lil bit better in the first innings... instead of the idiotic knock...)... then we would hav easily tied the game!!!!!
still another test to go... i know i wont keep hopes up... thats wat helps haha...
but ya... realy realy wish the tigers put up a good play!!!
go ashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
go mushyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
go rajibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
go rajinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
n every1 else too.... i hope they also show us somethin... especially bashar... with his "i can truly enjoy my batting now" dialogs :S

Antora
July 5, 2007, 06:27 AM
1. Team Spirit
2. Have faith in his team mates

Seriously, he did an awesome work. However, he was responsible for the second test to end in three days. He made Rafique and Shahadat run out for no good reason. Those weren't even 50% possibility and he asked them to run for the second. As a captain he should always count on his fellow members. Rafique was ok. Old guy, can't even see properly. He bats suckzzz. But Shahadat has lotz of potential. He even faced Malinga right! They why couldn't he count on him?! Really sad.. It will make the team fall apart someday. I could see dissapointment in Shahadat's face.

Mashrafee did the same thing when Bangladesh played against India. He was going well. Then he didn't count on Russels capability and got out. These ppl are psycho i tell ya. shame let me just remind you that mash is a bowler not a batsmen. we cant expect him to score a 50 every match. C'mon at least he got a wicket or two.

Dhurr
July 5, 2007, 06:27 AM
ashraful played a gem of an innings. i have bashed ashraful more than pretty much any one here for his inconsistency and even i cant say anything after this innings. you people still found a way to bash him.

rafique's run out was his own fault. na deikha andha gundha douraile run out hoibo na to ki hoibo? bura boyoshe chokkhe chani porse, taile choshma nei na ken?

rajib's run out was ashraful's fault. he misjudged the fielder coming in from the deep. having said that, how much of it was his fault? that was the second ball of the over. he could have taken a single and let rajib face four balls. if rajib got out while batting, you would all blame ashraful for exposing a tailender to the new ball. now rajib gets run out and you all blame ashraful. so no matter what he had done, ashraful would have got the blame. mane jeidikei jai, public er mair. ashraful jaibo koi?

etto din por eid ashche, eid celebrate koren shobai. khali khali khocha khochir dorkar ki?

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 06:34 AM
I agree with shonar bangla. If this is not brought to his attention, he will do it again. He also ran out his partner against India in that 158* knock.

Shahadat immediately told him something after getting out. He was silent. I am sure he will think about it.

Orpheus
July 5, 2007, 06:35 AM
etto din por eid ashche, eid celebrate koren shobai. khali khali khocha khochir dorkar ki?

We want perfection:D Man ei vua tail na thakle 200 korto amago ash... kintu [edit]... choi number e kon dukkhe namche Allai jaane.

Ahmed_B
July 5, 2007, 06:42 AM
These ppl are psycho i tell ya. shame
OUCH!!

Dhurr
July 5, 2007, 06:47 AM
We want perfection:D Man ei vua tail na thakle 200 korto amago ash... kintu [edit]... choi number e kon dukkhe namche Allai jaane.

6 number a namse boilai eid ashche. naile ashto na. ashraful is the opposite of santa claus; he gives you gifts when you least expect it.

mla
July 5, 2007, 06:53 AM
I think Ash is damned-if-he-does, damned-if-he-doesn't - I agree that he misjudged those runs but he was presumably trying to retain the strike. If he'd only gone for singles then he would have been criticised for exposing the tail.

Tintin
July 5, 2007, 07:03 AM
I think Ash is damned-if-he-does, damned-if-he-doesn't - I agree that he misjudged those runs but he was presumably trying to retain the strike. If he'd only gone for singles then he would have been criticised for exposing the tail.

Rajin did it that way in the first innings. That was bad, not this.

battye
July 5, 2007, 07:45 AM
1. Omar
2. Nafees
3. Ashraful
4. Rahim
5. Bashar
6. Rajin
7. Mehrab

Ashraful should bat at #3, he is the best batsman.

Sohel
July 5, 2007, 07:46 AM
I see a great leader rising from the ashes of these 2 tests. Just hang in there.

Echo those words.

Ehsan
July 5, 2007, 07:48 AM
Exactly! He has shown a great leadership today by leading from the front. Bravo! This is what BD cricket needs from him more often!

israr
July 5, 2007, 07:53 AM
Things are changing, but no one's sensing that. I think the ricther scale reading is still not high enough.

One World
July 5, 2007, 02:49 PM
1. Omar
2. Nafees
3. Ashraful
4. Rahim
5. Bashar
6. Rajin
7. Mehrab

almost replication of my second test line up, wtg

cricket_pagol
July 5, 2007, 03:00 PM
I think ashraful will improve his batting with the tail in the future... He seems more matured than he ever has been...

scorpion32
July 5, 2007, 03:24 PM

I don't think so. Nobody would criticise Ash for exposing the tail after the innings he played yesterday. I am 100% certain about that.

Sadz
July 5, 2007, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by battye 1. Omar
2. Nafees
3. Ashraful
4. Rahim
5. Bashar
6. Rajin
7. Mehrab

I agree with Ash being at no.3 or 4 the best batsmens are always at that position such as Ponting, Pieterson etc. Is Mehrab going to play in last test?

Sovik
July 5, 2007, 04:55 PM
haven't seen the innings but it was a great knock but he ran out of partners.

LateCut
July 5, 2007, 05:18 PM
Two run outs and three LBWs are unacceptable. However, in Shahadat's case, there are blames to share. Shahadat refused an equally rediculous overture previously. He should have done the same here also. On the other hand, Ash needed to have faith in Shahadat. He was playing well. He withstood the beamers from Malinga and dug out the yorkers with the deftness of higher order batsmen!

jahidus200
July 9, 2007, 08:07 AM
ashraful difinietly should do that

al Furqaan
July 9, 2007, 02:47 PM
do u think toss really matters for bd??

if opponent bat first they will score 650 + and declare (last ind test) and if bd bats first they will score less than 150..so how does toss gonna help unless their top order learn how to bat long hours in test cricket??...i think this would be another 3 day affair unless some miracle happens

mods i fail to see the utility of a post like this. unless from a bangladeshi pessimestic fan who perenially posts such garbage to vent off frustration. i think i warning is in order here.

Electrequiem
July 9, 2007, 08:40 PM
mods i fail to see the utility of a post like this. unless from a bangladeshi pessimestic fan who perenially posts such garbage to vent off frustration. i think i warning is in order here.

ditto.

syzygy
July 10, 2007, 12:29 AM
mashrafe is a big dissapointment both with bat n ball in the tests so far...hope he can deliver soon...congrats to ashraful for another excellent 100.

Protic
July 10, 2007, 07:02 AM
Cant blame him.. Our tail enders performed awfully bad with SL..Ash had that in mind.. he wanted to score some quick runs.

GothamCity
July 10, 2007, 12:22 PM
1. Omar
2. Nafees
3. Ashraful
4. Rahim
5. Bashar
6. Rajin
7. Mehrab

No Bashar Please, he should gracefully retire. Let Mehrab And Tushar and the likes get the necessary exposure. Rafique I heard wanted to retire but was requested to carry on (Not sure when.. heard in an interview on youtube)

Electrequiem
July 10, 2007, 12:27 PM
I second that.

Pure trollism from an Indian fan from Nepal living in Bangladesh. MysoreHuli is another one, though she's probably from India. They're still sore about the WC07 whoopin' and just can't let us forget that with their mean-spirited posts. IMHO, they can learn a thing or two about "class" from our Lankan cousins in this forum, bless them, not to mention fellow India fans like Surfer, Gangu, bengalipri and DJ who's also from Nepal if I'm not mistaken.

See? No jibes about Nepali cricket or what the Maoists think of Bollywood movies and India fans ... not too difficult to be civil and feel better about yourselves.

One rotten apple spoils the whole barrel. Most of the time our good Indian friends end up taking the heat for the actions of some ignorant Indians in the forum.

al Furqaan
July 10, 2007, 02:01 PM
I know that pesimism from someone who's not Bangladeshi seems really harsh, but what he said is not impossible. We are known to loose both ways in tests, so I guess we have to live with this untill we prove people otherwise. But I know that opting to field first may bring some refreshing change to our batsmen's approach and hopefully that will take the match to the 5th day.

not disputing the veracity of his statement...disputing the need for him, specifically, to be delivering the message. if i say it took 25 years for india to win a test on an indian forum, of course its true, but what reason would have to say something like that?

and actually i do disagree with his statement, if taken literally. bangladesh have only conceded 650 and scored 150 once, IIRC. how does that suddenly become the rule? more proof of the real motive behind such a statement, if you ask me.

Dhruvo
July 10, 2007, 02:04 PM
Well bangladesh cant win the the match (if bd top order will bat like some 3 year old) but bangladesh can draw it.

syzygy
July 10, 2007, 08:24 PM
the forum is largely anonymous and neither u nor me know each other personally, hence no point in name calling, 4-5 indian fans dont represent india neither a couple of sl fans rep sl.if anyone feels anything harsh about comments from a non bd fan, thats may be bcoz we view it from a non-bd perspective. everyone cant be same.anyway the reverse is also true.praise where it deserves,so just ignore it if u dont like it or report to mods instead of unnecessary name calling or provocative comments, which anyway i wont respond and let the mods handle them.

rah
July 11, 2007, 01:10 PM
[/B] let me just remind you that mash is a bowler not a batsmen. we cant expect him to score a 50 every match. C'mon at least he got a wicket or two.

NOW DAS DA BEST FING I HAVE HEARD ALL DAY
he aint a batsmen and should remain dat way for now. at da moment he should mainly work hard on his bowling and den a bit on batting. look wot apend to irfan pathan we dont want dat happenin to our masri