PDA

View Full Version : Habibul Bashar deserves much better

Rifat
July 5, 2007, 06:53 AM
I feel so sorry now that i said earlier in the match thread that "Habar upre vorsa nai re ki ar kora" that means i wanted him to not last long... but he is such a good natured man, he is humble, polite and a classy batsmen, i hope he regains his form soon and ignore ignorant criticism from fans like me... he got out at 12...

he deserves a lot better. i know you are a lot better batsmen than what you are now, so calm down relax and carry bangladesh cricket to new hights like in the days of our early test cricket.

i think he should be given one more chance at the 3rd test if not then at least in one of those ODI's... it looks like he is still capable but his time in 2007 is yet to come...

Congrats to Ashraful and "my Bouy Mushfiq" for an innings fantastico. Bashar is too good of a person to be humiliated like this.

to Bashar, DO NOT RETIRE UNTIL YOU SCORE NEXT HUNDRED or a respectable score... we as the Bangladeshi Fans should support our "former most successful Bangladeshi captain" through his hard times, he truly deserves better.

i am thankful for what he has done so far for our cricket, and i am happy too, now i am asking politely for a good innings from him the next time he plays test

Along with Bashar i also apologize to Ashraful for calling him "failure" 95% of the time..." that is so inaccurate, shows my frustration as a fan

Baundule
July 5, 2007, 07:00 AM
I strongly believe, a professional player should not put much emphasis on the fans' evaluation. Fans can destroy a player, even a team very easily. A simple example, score a 50 and your are SIR Bradman!

Omio
July 5, 2007, 07:23 AM
I believe HB still capable to play some sensible cricket,
i think he just passing the worst time in his career.So, just wait and see.

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 07:24 AM
I will still put my money for him in test cricket.

cricket_dorshok
July 5, 2007, 07:30 AM
I am doubtful about his form back. He scored most runs from his hook/pool sorts. Now a days, every bowler reads him very nicely and doesn't allow him hooking/pooling. And he is not at the age where he can learn some new techniques. I am afraid his days are over!

Rabz
July 5, 2007, 07:42 AM

And at 34, passing the worst time is also a very bad timing.
Especially after being stripped of captaincy and dropped from the odi team.
He needs to pull up his socks real fast or becoming a history soon.

Sohel
July 5, 2007, 07:44 AM
I'm staying away from this thread.

Ehsan
July 5, 2007, 07:46 AM
He will be back! Have some faith on the most successful Test batsman from BD!

Mahmood
July 5, 2007, 07:52 AM
I have always been a firm believer of Bashar in Tests. However, I am lost why its taking him so long to bounce back. I really hope he is not expired like Masud. We need Bashar in tests for at least 2 more years.

sadat_04
July 5, 2007, 08:31 AM
I feel so sorry now that i said earlier in the match thread that "Habar upre vorsa nai re ki ar kora" that means i wanted him to not last long... but he is such a good natured man, he is humble, polite and a classy batsmen, i hope he regains his form soon and ignore ignorant criticism from fans like me... he got out at 12...

I agree but I think its over for him...I used to look forward to his plays in the old days...IMO he was given enough chances...but he failed to score anything meaningful...did u see the way he got out today? his reflexes are not on the money all the time...he should take a break for his own good and also for the team...
he served Bangladesh well...we need good batsmen out there..and we can't just keep giving him chances like these...enough with this mercy attitude...

Tigers_eye
July 5, 2007, 08:36 AM
What is this? Is this an offensive ploy to my future thread that would campaign the removal of 'once the best' from the team? Labh nai. You know I am planning big. It will be coming in November if the Almighty permits. Right before the selection of NZ tour.

Sohel
July 5, 2007, 08:37 AM
What is this? Is this an offensive ploy to my future thread that would campaign the removal of 'once the best' from the team? Labh nai. You know I am planning big. It will be coming in November if the Almighty permits. Right before the selection of NZ tour.

Looking forward to it.

ialbd
July 5, 2007, 09:12 AM
Bashar ekhon ekta 70 maira dekhay dibe... the team got back quarter of their lost confidence.....

Fazal
July 5, 2007, 09:14 AM
....as if we deserve less than we are getting from Bashar now a days..

nahaz
July 5, 2007, 09:17 AM
Bashar will come back.If he's man enough he will.He's quite tough.If it wasn't for him maybe there wouldn't be such a huge 6th wicket partnership today.Theoretically anyways.

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 09:17 AM
To me, the cause of his out was his mind set. After a good bouncer he was prepared for another one as seemed on the TV. The fuller inswinging delivery got him by surprize and he made late to react. As a result, he failed again.

I really sense he is getting back to form. This is the benefit of having long tours. There are always good chance of getting back to form by an off form batsman.

Spitfire_x86
July 5, 2007, 09:23 AM
Yes, he deserves better. His average is dipping fast, and now it is below 33. He should retire ASAP (else get dropped) so that his average don't drop below 30.

nahaz
July 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
Hey ,Shahriar Nafees' average is dropping too!!

rah
July 5, 2007, 09:46 AM
BUT ASH"S AND RAHIM"S AVERAGES R RISING
neways wotch bashar aint over yet

SS
July 5, 2007, 09:58 AM
I have always been a firm believer of Bashar in Tests. However, I am lost why its taking him so long to bounce back. I really hope he is not expired like Masud. We need Bashar in tests for at least 2 more years.
No doubt he was successful batsman in BD test cricket, but what he is doing to regain the form. Did he play a lot of good innings in first class cricket(picnic cricket) to atleast show the improvements and hard work. Batting practice in nets, not always the true picture of working hard for an out of form batsmen, sometimes it is better to perform in leagues(real games not picnic games) to regain the form. None of batsmen are doing it including Bashar.

mali007
July 5, 2007, 10:00 AM
Its time for Bashar to say GOOD BYE along with Pilot. Thank you very much for serving BD cricket for so many years. Bashar has gotten more chances than other inform excaptains like Bulbul, Durjoy, Akram Khan and Sujon. He should have occupied the for long time with Ash. Then we could have easily taken this game to day 4.

SS
July 5, 2007, 10:01 AM
To me, the cause of his out was his mind set. After a good bouncer he was prepared for another one as seemed on the TV. The fuller inswinging delivery got him by surprize and he made late to react. As he a result, he failed again.

Not sure if it is for aging. As he was very quick in reacting deliveries before (not technically but atleast with bat awkardly atleast), but looking at few innings it seemed he was little slow in reaction to the bowling, fielding, and even running between the wickets. He totally lost his confidence in pulling and hooking what he did best in his best years. And on top of it, quality pacers now understand his weaknesses and react faster than him!!1

Tigers_eye
July 5, 2007, 10:22 AM
What excuse will he come up this time? The previous one was:

Yeah! I was out of form and but my team did well. So I should be selected.

or playing the sympathy card. I am hurt by the reaction of fans.

or (this is a good one)

I had lots of responsibility to captain the team (Worst captaincy we have seen from any international captains. Even Ireland ameture captain showed better promise). This time around I will solely concentrate on my batting. Ah!! what concentration!! Have you guys seen his outs? gift wrapped each and every time. Senior experienced player my foot. Only one in the top order who couldn't cross 20 in this tour (where it matters).

Lets face the truth. 1st, he is not 34. More like 36/37. And will not get any younger. At that age, we tend to lose many physical abilities that we took for granted. a) The aches and pains tend to stick around a little longer. b) The eyesight decieves us. c) the timing is not there any more. To over come these problem one must change his style if he wants to stick around at this level. Right now he is playing a guessing game with each ball. A 4 and then out. I would take anyone who shows a better form than him. It is not that we don't have any one waiting.

The only thing he deserves is a drop. The selectors gave him enough opportunity to call it quits. But he had to listen to his big brother (Dada).

I have said this many times. national team is not the place where one gets back his form.

akabir77
July 5, 2007, 10:52 AM
I am afraid i have to at last give up supporting him and agree with T_E on this. I think he should retire too and he has nothing more to give. I was waiting to see him score some runs in the 1st 2 test but they way he was getting out says he has no clue...

One World
July 5, 2007, 11:14 AM
I am doubtful about his form back. He scored most runs from his hook/pool sorts. Now a days, every bowler reads him very nicely and doesn't allow him hooking/pooling. And he is not at the age where he can learn some new techniques. I am afraid his days are over!

Now limitation is exposed, and definitely the last proverb that is exercised in BD is "Learn - from cradle to grave".

Miraz
July 5, 2007, 11:25 AM
If Bashar fails to perform in the third Test, he needs a break.

Let him play in the NCL and earn his place against Kiwis. His problem is more mental than technical.

Ahmed_B
July 5, 2007, 11:29 AM
There are currently three Basharist groups which can be identified easily:

Group- 1) Still having faith that Bashar wil regain form and serve the team for some time
Group-2) Absolutely alargic to the name of Bashar and want to drop him out immediately
Group-3) Confused group: Hoping he will regain form but dont have enough confidence that he surely will.

I belong to the group-3 .... btw. :)

cricket_dorshok
July 5, 2007, 11:33 AM

Group- 1) Still having faith that Bashar wil regain form and serve the team for some time
Group-2) Absolutely alargic to the name of Bashar and want to drop him out immediately
Group-3) Confused group: Hoping he will regain form but dont have enough confidence that he surely will.

I am with T_E.

Fazal
July 5, 2007, 11:42 AM

And then there is the 4th group:

Group-4) Believes that he will unlikely regain his form back anytime soon. Understand why he is given chance, but also undertand that the team is paying for that dearly. Hoping that every body comes to senses and there will be a glorified way that bashar can end his career before creating too much damage to the team and his own reputation.

Hoping he will regain form

Baundule
July 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
I have said this many times. national team is not the place where one gets back his form.

That's where great people concur.

Protic
July 5, 2007, 12:02 PM
Bashar and Rafique seriously has lost it.. i dunno what they are doing.. :| I mean rafique needed only 7wkts in 3 tests! and he is still 4 wkts short! OMG.
And Bashar coudnt score 120 runs!
I just hope both of them reaches their milestone in the 3rd test.

Rifat
July 5, 2007, 01:19 PM
Bashar and Rafique seriously has lost it.. i dunno what they are doing.. :| I mean rafique needed only 7wkts in 3 tests! and he is still 4 wkts short! OMG.
And Bashar coudnt score 120 runs!
I just hope both of them reaches their milestone in the 3rd test.

brother protic sri lanka only batted two times and we batted four times in this series, why blame rafique when our batsmen gets out 62 and 89...

mark my words... Mohammed Rafique WILL perform exceptionally in ODI's very unexpectedly.. bashar is to blame for a lot of reasons but as a man and a former Bangladeshi captain he and the team both deserve a lot better from each other

Ahsan
July 5, 2007, 02:38 PM
If Bashar fails to perform in the third Test, he needs a break.

Breaks? breaks from where if he plays third test? Pardon my ignorance, I thought it was only a 3-test series. Did you mean break from ODI afterwards? Thought selectors did not pick him for ODIs.

Electrequiem
July 5, 2007, 02:41 PM
HB's test batting ability is not being questioned. Inshallah he can find himself soon, cause when he is in form, he can score runs.

zahid
July 5, 2007, 02:51 PM

he deserves a lot better. i know you are a lot better batsmen than what you are now, so calm down relax and carry bangladesh cricket to new hights like in the days of our early test cricket.

i think he should be given one more chance at the 3rd test if not then at least in one of those ODI's... it looks like he is still capable but his time in 2007 is yet to come...

Congrats to Ashraful and "my Bouy Mushfiq" for an innings fantastico. Bashar is too good of a person to be humiliated like this.

to Bashar, DO NOT RETIRE UNTIL YOU SCORE NEXT HUNDRED or a respectable score... we as the Bangladeshi Fans should support our "former most successful Bangladeshi captain" through his hard times, he truly deserves better.

i am thankful for what he has done so far for our cricket, and i am happy too, now i am asking politely for a good innings from him the next time he plays test

Along with Bashar i also apologize to Ashraful for calling him "failure" 95% of the time..." that is so inaccurate, shows my frustration as a fan

[edited]

As I mentioned in another thread : Mora morai thakey .. jibito hoyna !

BD Tigers
July 5, 2007, 07:40 PM
I am still keeping faith on him and Insha Allah he will make some score for the sake of BD cricket. We need an inform HB for few more series as there is a void in the middle order if he leaves now (forcefully or not).

Foozy
July 5, 2007, 08:49 PM

sorry to say it this way guys... but ill b very straight and very accurate!!... the guy just needs some rest... hes been THE batsman for bd for AGESSSS... and yes he was super consistent!!!!.... he didnt even hav a bad patch!!!...
its time.... he needs a long bad patch.. and we can do without him... let him play some domestic... recover... get his confidence bak.. (coz rite now i dont even think he can score a century in domestic easily).... and then get bak!!! coz his time is not done yet... he is consistent... and SHOULD be allowed bak when he does good... but rite now.. LET HIM OFF THE HOOK!!!!... for the sake of bd!!!

al Furqaan
July 5, 2007, 08:55 PM
i seriously feel his career is over...

he doesn't have one signficant innings where he scored with ease in 8 innings. plus by the time the NZ series starts bashar will probably add another year to his age.

i really feel it is time that aftab come into the test side, he is too good to be rotting on the sidelines. i also have faith in sakib and SN.

ottawaGuy
July 5, 2007, 08:58 PM
At the start of 3rd days play Bashar was really looking confident. He was disecting the field consistently and looked more comfortable against the bowlers. Frankly I expected ashrafuls departure before his. But out of nowhere came that freak hook shot =S ..the rest was just predictable after that.

Nafis_BD
July 5, 2007, 09:05 PM
I am really hoping he gets his form back but now I think it's going to be really hard for him specially during this old age!!

Shafin
July 6, 2007, 02:34 PM

I'm also group 3.

Give him the 3rd test.If he fails,offer him a retirement Match,if he denies,send him to NCL.Thats the way.