PDA

View Full Version : Please don't lose your heart. BD team is in a transition period

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 07:17 AM
Bangladesh team showed some real pathetic performance during the first two tests of this tour. Though they managed to do better in the 2nd innings of both the tests, It's natural to be impatient and lose faith on the team after such bad performances.

What we need to remember is we are in a transition period. We have a new young captain and a temporary coach. The young captain has shown much attacking and positive attitude than his previous one. But yet he needs some time to settle down and learn how to captain a national side. On the other hand, we don't have a regular coach for this moment. Temporary coach is trying his best, yet he will not bring any thing good in the long run. Even after hiring a new coach, he will take some time to settle down with his team.

Guys, we are in a transition period and we need to have faith on our players and the team. They already started to bring some positives for us. Ash has scored his first century as a captain standing in the ashes. Rahim has been a good find. We broke our highest run partnership record for any wicket partnership. This things will happen more and more with time.

Just have faith on them as fans. They will do the rest.

Baundule
July 5, 2007, 07:31 AM
Man, who on earth is losing heart?
It's celebration time. We scored a hundred and a 50. Excellent performance. Amar to buker sati fule uthse. ;)

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 07:37 AM
It's celebration time. We scored a hundred and a 50. Excellent performance. Amar to buker sati fule uthse. ;)
Despite of the hundred and fifty, I,myself,is a little bit upset due to the batting collapses. Ash and Rahim won't score tons every day. This thread was opened for those fans who are a little bit upset like me.

battye
July 5, 2007, 07:49 AM
There are a lot of positives from the second innings. But really, Bangladesh need to be scoring 350+ innings consistently. This will happen in time... have faith!

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 09:24 AM
There are a lot of positives from the second innings. But really, Bangladesh need to be scoring 350+ innings consistently. This will happen in time... have faith!
We need atleast 1/2 years more before happening that on regular basis.

Fazal
July 5, 2007, 09:24 AM
Amar to buker sati fule uthse. ;)

Fuler por Apner Buker Pata akhon Koi Inchi ?

DotBall
July 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
It is not about having faith in the team. It is about understanding where the team is and what they are capable of doing. You can't ask the rest of the world to wait until we play our 100th test match to get into the stride. We need to step back from playing test matches for next 2 years and use the time to play longer version of the game with the A-teams of test playing nations. Also, play more 4-day matches in the domestic league and if possible individuals shoule try to go to other countries to play for their clubs. Over 80% to the time we played better when the results of the test matches were almost conclusive. There should not be any shame in accepting the reality, work harder to change it and move on.

SS
July 5, 2007, 11:13 AM
There is no transition period..even there was no beginning of any period after our test journey...we didn't develop the main required infrastructure to support our test cricketers' backbone...first fix that then I will be dreaming...there is no steps no initiations, no planning to support our cricket. I don't think we even ever started our journey properly, if BCB don't understand that they should step down and give to the right people who can start this journey. Otherwise we will totally lose our heart and never come back.

Ahmed_B
July 5, 2007, 11:22 AM
Amar ajker dukkho: ar 1 ta ran holei 300 hoto... :(

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 11:24 AM
Amar ajker dukkho: ar 1 ta ran holei 300 hoto... :(
Amar dukhkho 2 ta big batting collapse.

Baundule
July 5, 2007, 11:26 AM
Fuler por Apner Buker Pata akhon Koi Inchi ?

24 ;)

DJ Sahastra
July 5, 2007, 11:26 AM
Aamr aajker Dhukkho - All the pathetic performance from last 4-5 innings will be forgotten and we'll be back to the comfort zone. Seems no Gonodholai - instead ful chondon on the way.

Miraz
July 5, 2007, 11:28 AM
Aamr aajker Dhukkho - All the pathetic performance from last 4-5 innings will be forgotten and we'll be back to the comfort zone. Seems no Gonodholai - instead ful chondon on the way.

Ditto. Everyone except Ashraful and Mushfique need a "Lash treatment on their back" as a warning before the next Test.

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 11:29 AM
Main problem is the confidence. Today we gained it back a little bit. DS i can assure you there will be no need for any gonodholai.

Baundule
July 5, 2007, 11:43 AM
Ditto. Everyone except Ashraful and Mushfique need a "Lash treatment on their back" as a warning before the next Test.

Ashraful and Mushfiq need it double. They showed they have the ability. So, before this innings they did not apply it.

Fazal
July 5, 2007, 11:47 AM
24 ;)

Bukh jodi 24 hoi... tobe pet koto.... 42?

DJ Sahastra
July 5, 2007, 11:49 AM
Main problem is the confidence. Today we gained it back a little bit. DS i can assure you there will be no need for any gonodholai.

I am not quite convinced. In the two tests against india, there were atleast 3-4 huge confidence factors. Mashrafee combining with Shahadat to avert follow-on - HUGE Morale booster. Net impact for teh enxt match - none. Mashrafe and Ashraful playing fiery knocks in Test 2. Net impact on the team's fortunes for the SL series - None.

Mashrafe, whose confidence should've been sky-high after India-series is back to the pit. Ashraful would've been the same story but for being dropped early on by Jayawardhane.

I reckon nothing short of GonoDholai will do. Just my views.

sandpiper
July 5, 2007, 12:05 PM
my grievance of the day --- those two runouts at the end.I knew its gonna be a hiccup as soon as the new ball was taken, but runout in a test match is simply disheartening

we could have dragged the match to 4th day easily :(

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 12:21 PM
I am not quite convinced. In the two tests against india, there were atleast 3-4 huge confidence factors. Mashrafee combining with Shahadat to avert follow-on - HUGE Morale booster. Net impact for teh enxt match - none. Mashrafe and Ashraful playing fiery knocks in Test 2. Net impact on the team's fortunes for the SL series - None.

Mashrafee is not a batsman. Good innings from tail always puts up extra pressure on the top order. So this is not helping in gaining confidence for top order. The fire works Ash had against India is not a good test innings, doesn't help to gain confidence in my opinion. His batting today was a perfect test inning and a much moral boost factor.

Mushfiq is a good test batsman. Though he failed to score big in his earlier innings, he always has shown the right attitude. Today our middle order got a little bit more strength which is really important.

Actually we should wait for the third test. We all are predicting here. Let the players prove whose prediction is correct.:-p

israr
July 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
I am not happy with the result, but satisfied with the way Ashraful and Mushfiq played according to the circumstances. Thats all! Besides that, the disappointment factor has remained immutable since the beginning of this series.

Ahmed_B
July 5, 2007, 12:58 PM
Amar dukhkho 2 ta big batting collapse.
Oita dukkho na... oita holo [বাংলা]"শোক"[/বাংলা] . Shok niye kotha bolar moner jor oboshishto nai!

shovon13
July 5, 2007, 09:49 PM

thats better banglish than i could ever muster.

one thing i've noticed - just like ashraful's eid days, our confidence boosters are coming more often than ever now. in both tests against srilanka - at least a couple of our batsmen showed the grit required in this level (which we so very rarely show. most of our good test innings so far have been built in the oneday mold). we're still losing by an inning and a hundred runs - but we should not discount the strength of our opponent at the moment.

strike rates of some of our batsmen:
ashraful 45.16 (an improvement from his career s/r of 46.04)
golla 56.98
mushfiq 46.11
sumon 54.54
sakib 75.00 (apparently he's still in oneday mode)
jr 63.63 (the rooks seem more edgy compared to the veterans)
nafees 65.76 (he's not a rook though. still battling off form)
pilot 30.95 (wiliest test batsman in our team? the stat definitely suggests it.)
rajin 26.97 (now he needs to start piling up those centuries)

WarWolf
July 6, 2007, 05:05 AM
I believe we will see more of these things regularly from now on.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/77200/77265.jpg

deshi_evolutionz
July 6, 2007, 06:04 AM
lol inshallah =]

smashyboy
July 6, 2007, 06:40 AM
what transition? Meidocre to super mediocre? Unless BD can consistently match to day 5 they cannot say they are making progress.

Sovik
July 6, 2007, 08:14 AM
i am extremely disappointed but not heart broken

nannu
July 6, 2007, 08:18 AM
bhaijan maan- ijjot shob lose hoya gelo. ar apne kon koitasen dont lose heart. hi hi

Baundule
July 6, 2007, 08:39 AM
manir man Allay rakhe. jotoi bash deowa houk, man kome na. amader o ase. 1 din a test harar pore amra bolbo, 2 ghontae to ar hari nai. DOnt lose your heart. Our heart is too precious to lose.

Sovik
July 6, 2007, 02:45 PM
don't tell me to loose your heart. have been supporting windies for last 12 years. i know how it feels, still didn't loose hope and bangladesh is my country. if i loose hope in them, where should i go

scoilaheez
July 6, 2007, 09:26 PM
The transition period has been going on since we gained test status. Our real target is the next WC.

habfreak
July 6, 2007, 10:05 PM
u forgot Rajib and maybe Javed can be excused as well...:D