PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Pilot!

Orpheus
July 5, 2007, 07:53 AM
Enough said.

Sohel
July 5, 2007, 07:56 AM
Adios brother. Thanks for the memories. You fought hard and played out of your skin too many times to count, and I'll never forget you for winning it for us in '97. God bless you.

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 07:57 AM
I don't wanna say goodbye to any one. If he can perform well enough in domestic circuit and for A team we may see him again to be a good competitor of Mushy.

sadi
Bye bye.

Mahmood
Thanks to Pilot for a job well done. He has served Bangladesh over a decade. We, fans will always appreciate his contributions. We wish him a great retirement.

Ehsan
Bubye. Have a good retirement and spend more quality time with your friends and family. You served BD team well when you were capable and young; now its time for someone else to take your gloves to serve the team for its good. Wish you all best! :)

battye
July 5, 2007, 08:01 AM
It's not over yet.

You can say that's it because Rahim made 80. What Rahim needs to do now is score consistently for BD.

We want Mashud to do well domestically. Competition for Rahim his needed, he mustn't become complacent.

nobody
July 5, 2007, 08:02 AM
Good Bye. Thank You for all your service. Wish you best of luck in next endeveour

cricket_dorshok
July 5, 2007, 08:03 AM
Bye bye.

capslock
July 5, 2007, 08:04 AM
It's a little premature to say 'goodbye' to anyone don't you think? Pilot scored a century himself in West Indies, and has dug us out of trouble countless times. And this I believe is only Mushfiq's first half century in tests, correct me if I'm wrong. In fact, a lot of us said goodbye to Rajin Saleh when Shahriar Nafees came along, that didn't turn out as expected.

Miraz
July 5, 2007, 08:07 AM
Good bye.

I hope he will get a retirement match at home, he deserves it.

israr
July 5, 2007, 08:13 AM
Khaled Mashud, the best keeper of Asia, keep it up. You were amazing, but now time has come. Thanks a lot for staying with us during the most difficult times of Bangladesh cricket.

Omio
Good bye,,
But who else..

battye
It's a little premature to say 'goodbye' to anyone don't you think? Pilot scored a century himself in West Indies, and has dug us out of trouble countless times. And this I believe is only Mushfiq's first half century in tests, correct me if I'm wrong. In fact, a lot of us said goodbye to Rajin Saleh when Shahriar Nafees came along, that didn't turn out as expected.

While I agree with you, the age difference between Rajin and Mashud is considerable...

sadat_04
July 5, 2007, 08:17 AM
I would not say Goodbye to Pilot yet, as he may very well play in the future if Mushi gets injured or something else...
I think we can all say goodbye to Bashar though....oops...Miraz bhai is going to protest...

Aritro
July 5, 2007, 08:34 AM
It's not over yet.

You can say that's it because Rahim made 80. What Rahim needs to do now is score consistently for BD.

There has never been a Bangladeshi cricketer better equipped (mentally and technically) to be a consistent Test performer than Mushfiqur Rahim.

Pilot does deserve credit though. He's done some great things for our team.-

Shaan
July 5, 2007, 08:43 AM
While I agree with you, the age difference between Rajin and Mashud is considerable...

sorry bro.. got bit confused.. agree with you completely..

Mushy proved that he is matured enough for test arena..GO MUSHY!!

khalifa
July 5, 2007, 08:45 AM
It's not over yet.

We want Mashud to do well domestically. Competition for Rahim his needed, he mustn't become complacent.

Competetion for Rahim comes in the form of Dhiman and Co..... and not Pilot.
So long KMP.

ialbd
July 5, 2007, 08:53 AM
Often had soft corners for KM, but the fabulous innings Mushfiq played under pressure (didnt watch the innings though, he didnt get a life did he?) we cannot afford keep him out of the 11. Well done MUSHFIQ....

nasimul
July 5, 2007, 08:58 AM
I am wating for MasudĀ“s retirement announcement.

Aritro
July 5, 2007, 09:09 AM
sorry bro.. got bit confused.. agree with you completely..

Mushy proved that he is matured enough for test arena..GO MUSHY!!

He said it's 'considerable'...

betaar
July 5, 2007, 09:18 AM
I am all for Mushy and did ask for Pilot's replacement in other threads but to be honest, this thread, with comments from some of the members, is a bit premature and harsh with little touch of sarcasm. It is becoming a norm for us BC members to talk in the manner where we try to dispose our old fighters without showing proper graditude.

mahbubH
July 5, 2007, 09:35 AM
Good bye Pilot. You served Bangladesh cricket well and you always gave 100%.

Mushfiq has a better HEAD than our other cricketers. So far we have only three test class cricketers : (sensible) Ash, Mashrafee, and Mushfiq. Eight to go! Hope we will get them before these three retire!!

Rubu
July 5, 2007, 09:38 AM
Good bye pilot. I bid it though, with honor. He has served the team for a long time, but mushy is just too good.

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 09:39 AM
Good bye Pilot. You served Bangladesh cricket well and you always gave 100%.

Mushfiq has a better HEAD than our other cricketers. So far we have only three test class cricketers : (sensible) Ash, Mashrafee, and Mushfiq. Eight to go! Hope we will get them before these three retire!!
Rajin and Shahadat should be in the list.

Fazal
July 5, 2007, 09:40 AM
I have a strange feeling that its still too early to say arios....he may still start poping up for atleast upto this year at every opportunity when/if Rahim falters here and there.

Some Fans and Selectors are too impatients even with new comers.... One bad performace and you are out. looks like all their patience are invested only towards buira dhari washed up players.

Padosan
July 5, 2007, 09:46 AM
yes, good bye pilot.

I want to see pilot opening a wicket keepers academy or BCB use him to hone the upcoming young wicket keeper's skill. Mushfiq has a lot to learn from him in terms of WK.

He has a lot to offer to Bangladesh Cricket , It would be a nice gesture from BCB and a honor for him to be a part of the academy. I dont want to see another retired cricketer just giving away interviews and match opinions.

cheers !
Padosan

SS
July 5, 2007, 09:46 AM
Agree! Everybody has to realize that when time comes for stepping down, he/she should deliberately step down. No doubt he served us for so long time, but for some reason our seniors are experiencing greatest difficulties in their careers (e.g. Bashar, Pilot, and even ever "young" Rafique). Aging could be the reason. for example, Rafique missed couple of opportunities of C&B, though the catches were simple. Bashar also was losing his bat,ball, eye cordination as he was not technically sound batsmen rather a good stroke maker. We have to think about the future, and our senior cricketers should realize BD cricket has to change dramatically. Only sensible youngster can make that dramatic change, ofcourse we need values of seniors but they should let the youngster lead while they should provide them guidance and advices(the right ones!)

Tigers_eye
July 5, 2007, 09:48 AM
why no 'good bye bashar' thread as of yet? How many more single digit scores you would need? Or you want to see the day when his average dips to the 20's? He is the only one we got in 30's. Let it be that way.

I was a convert of Mushi when I saw him play against Zim 5th ODI whitewash innings. He had scored only 18 but those were the crucial ones. When HB was only blocking and wasting deliveries it was Mushi who scored 2 fours to seal the deal with one over remaining. We were 7 down with 40+ runs yet to score. The Talent can't be over looked. The only issue I have with him is his height. 2/3 inches and he would have been set for the next decade as a keeper.

One World
July 5, 2007, 11:09 AM
You can say good bye to Mashud or Bashar but if in upcoming NCL is introduced and HB for some god freaking reason starts to get his form back he might still be the happy go lucky member for NZ tour.

nannu
July 5, 2007, 12:10 PM
TATA bye bye

Protic
July 5, 2007, 12:24 PM
Rather..
Welcome to the test squad Mushy!

Nafis_BD
July 5, 2007, 12:30 PM
Bye Bye Pilot.

You have done alot for us and have served the country for a long time and we will never forget that!!

AsifTheManRahman
July 5, 2007, 01:00 PM
I'm not willing to write anyone off completely. This is one of the problems with fans and, more importantly, the selectors, which is why we don't see experienced performers making it to the team, leading to a young and inexperienced squad that often lacks direction.

I am a hardcore Mushfiq fan, and am absolutely delighted by the inning that he played yesterday, especially after coming in at a very unfair position with no support from the top order. However, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We've seen how JO was recalled due to the failures of the younger openers even after people had completely written him off. Mushy's an asset, and let's hope he continues to flourish, unlike Kapali or Hannan or Al Shahriar. We need people who can serve for around a decade, and can bounce back from dips in form with relative ease. In short, we need consistency. I desperately hope Mushy can turn out to be our version of, say, Sangakkara (Ash would probably be our Jaya, in that case). :)

And if some day Mashud performs better than Mushfiq, no matter how miraculous that might be, then I see no reason why we shouldn't see him in the team again.

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 01:14 PM
I'm not willing to write anyone off completely. This is one of the problems with fans and, more importantly, the selectors, which is why we don't see experienced performers making it to the team, leading to a young and inexperienced squad that often lacks direction.

I am a hardcore Mushfiq fan, and am absolutely delighted by the inning that he played yesterday, especially after coming in at a very unfair position with no support from the top order. However, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We've seen how JO was recalled due to the failures of the younger openers even after people had completely written him off. Mushy's an asset, and let's hope he continues to flourish, unlike Kapali or Hannan or Al Shahriar. We need people who can serve for around a decade, and can bounce back from dips in form with relative ease. In short, we need consistency. I desperately hope Mushy can turn out to be our version of, say, Sangakkara (Ash would probably be our Jaya, in that case). :)

And if some day Mashud performs better than Mushfiq, no matter how miraculous that might be, then I see no reason why we shouldn't see him in the team again.
Spot on.

mali007
July 5, 2007, 01:15 PM
We should not think about Pilot anymore. He is done !! Now we should concentrate on
Mushy. for present time and Dhiman Ghosh & Sagir for the future.

Sillypoint
July 5, 2007, 01:21 PM
It's not over yet.

No no, it is really over!
But you are right, competition for Rahim is needed...but not from Pilot but from Dhiman and other younger blokes.

bapzmania
July 5, 2007, 07:30 PM
ok...Pilot

Khoda hafez

zai jian

hasta la vista

good--bye

Rabz
July 5, 2007, 07:36 PM
Rather..
Welcome to the test squad Mushy!

Very well said.
Pilot can sort out his own future, whether to step down with honour and pride or to be dropped from the team and slowly fade away.

He has been an integral part of the team for over a decade and deserves our salute for his contribution.

But time has come for him to make way for the next generation.

Good Bye Pilot.

Foozy
July 5, 2007, 08:53 PM
Good bye.

yup... bye bye!!!... and hav fun playin picnic cricket in bd!!!...
and ya... if u hav a son... train him up for mushy competition... there still is time!!;) haha

GuruTM
July 5, 2007, 09:10 PM
Its been a long wait for me. I have always wanted to say goodbye to pilot so badly...
your "service" for Bangladesh team will forever be remembered.......

Nafis_BD
July 5, 2007, 09:15 PM
Wait a minute. So Pilot is retiring for good or is this just your/our thought??

cricket_king
July 5, 2007, 10:53 PM
Laterz mate

Nafis_BD
July 5, 2007, 11:00 PM
I can't find any thing of Pilot declaring retiriment. Or is this just what we want??

Shafin
July 6, 2007, 03:12 AM
Good bye.

I second that,he sure have earned a retirement match.

Shafin
July 6, 2007, 03:37 AM
I can't find any thing of Pilot declaring retiriment. Or is this just what we want??
It is what we want.
BD should develop a tradition where our top performers retire with their dignity intact,much like the aussies.We should not follow other countries where the players retire internationally 3 years after being dropped and never get a retirement match.

Chacha has showed us the way.

SS
July 6, 2007, 07:55 AM
It is what we want.
BD should develop a tradition where our top performers retire with their dignity intact,much like the aussies.We should not follow other countries where the players retire internationally 3 years after being dropped and never get a retirement match.

Chacha has showed us the way.
That's called "fighter" mentality, "bina juddhe nahi dibo shuchagro medini"...match ei paina (juddhoi nai) tao shobai "birbikrom" hoite chai.

taklima_naj
July 6, 2007, 08:26 AM
Bye Bye Pilot.

You have done alot for us and have served the country for a long time and we will never forget that!!

Dittio

Tokyobreeze
July 6, 2007, 09:30 AM
Bye Man. Your six on last over against Kenya will be remembered for years. But, you must know - Everything that has a beginning has an end.

We thank you for your contributions. Now, please work for the betterment of the team from outside.

MohammedC
July 6, 2007, 10:03 AM
Good by Pilot, now you can fly off