PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Sahriar Nafees to brought back to middle order?

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 01:33 PM
In my opinion, SN has technical problems for playing as a test opener due to his problem facing moving new balls. As he is a very good player of spin, I suggest him to be in the middle order in test cricket. Pick up your choice.

Rifat
July 5, 2007, 01:37 PM
i don't want him to be dropped and yes, i do want him to be brought back to the middle order.

however if he continues formless then it is nothing but wasted "so called talent".

his talent is pointless for our team if he gets out too cheaply all the time...

sandpiper
July 5, 2007, 01:40 PM
I feel he can be tried in the middle order, he seems to have problems with the new ball and can be demoted in the order for the next match where Vaas is not taking part. It could turn out to be fruitful decision.

Mahir
July 5, 2007, 02:02 PM
I'm a firm believer in SN and I have no hesitation in acknowledging that he has some glaring technical flaws, but they can be corrected. Considering him destined to be another Shahriar Biddyut/Mehrab Opee would be wrong, and therefore I for one would continue to support him being given a part in the national team in both ODIs and Tests. Now as for his batting position, bring him down in the middle order, let him get his touch back, and then he can go bak to opening. And I think that its a possibility in both ODIs and Tests.

ialbd
July 5, 2007, 02:14 PM
brought back to middle order? did he play in the middle order before? probably i missed it....

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 10:45 PM
Now as for his batting position, bring him down in the middle order, let him get his touch back, and then he can go bak to opening. And I think that its a possibility in both ODIs and Tests.
Good thinking. In fact virtually Rajin is opening the innings with early fall of wicket.

Rabz
July 5, 2007, 11:09 PM
brought back to middle order? did he play in the middle order before? probably i missed it....

Exactly my thoughts Ialbd.
What do you mean by "brought back"?
When was the last time he played in the middle order??

Nafis_BD
July 5, 2007, 11:12 PM
I think He should fix his technical problems first and if needed he can bat in the middle order but I think that he should bat where he thinks he is comfortable and where the coach thinks is the right place for him. But for now he really needs to fix his technicality and get his form back!!

WarWolf
July 5, 2007, 11:21 PM
Exactly my thoughts Ialbd.
What do you mean by "brought back"?
When was the last time he played in the middle order??
Sorry for choosing wrong words. it should be read as Do you want SN to be shifted down to the middle order? Thanks for the correction.

Kabir
July 5, 2007, 11:26 PM
I see only one place for SN in the team - as an openin batsman. Be it Tests or ODI, he fit in there. He's not in the right mode at the moment...and so should take some time off from international cricket...play and practice regulary, and then come back with another bang...
notice the word "another" here.

sadi
July 5, 2007, 11:37 PM
He played four innings at number 4 against Srilanka in 2005 and scored 27, 38, 9 and 6.

tiger_omar
July 6, 2007, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't mind SN in the middle order, especially because I would want Mushfiq and Ash to play higher up in the order. How about:

Javed Omar
Mehrab Hossain Jr.
Rajin Saleh
Mohammed Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shahriar Nafees
Tushar Imran/ Habibul Bashar
And the 4 bowlers.

I know it's risky to open with Mehrab, but he's a natural opener and we can give it a shot, plus we can use his bowling withour Sakib on the team. In this case, Ash and Mehrab would be the 5th and 6th option.

Mahir
July 6, 2007, 12:34 AM

not literally "brought back"... rather, brought back in the order. (read : brought down the order...)

DJ Sahastra
July 6, 2007, 12:39 AM
SN is a unique case.

After Alok, he is the only other BD player with whom i had high hopes and have been proved wrong.

I am not willing to give up yet.

cricman
July 6, 2007, 12:40 AM
not literally "brought back"... rather, brought back in the order. (read : brought down the order...)

He did bat @ 4 vs SL in 05 and scored an 1/2 century

Mahir
July 6, 2007, 12:44 AM
He did bat @ 4 vs SL in 05 and scored an 1/2 century

right. also a couple innings against British Universities during the English tour in 2005, where he had another 50 batting at no.3

Baundule
July 6, 2007, 02:56 AM
Someone who is out of form should be dropped immediately. Let him play in the league and get the form back. "National team is not where you will do all the permutation and combination for some player to get his form back."

Shaan
July 6, 2007, 02:59 AM
He is a good batsman.. he can be tried in the middle, this will help him score some runs as we know or proved that he is weak with the new ball movement..

Although selectors never care about our opinions..

Ahmed_B
July 6, 2007, 03:07 AM
I dont see my view in the poll options. Here's what I think:

SN is no more out-of-form. He has actually started scoring again. Right now... his problem is 'overconfidence'. He's being over-attacking and right now he should be kept out of next match strictly for 'disciplinary' (!) reasons and he should be clearly told the reason.... so that he realizes his responsibilities for the team!!

WarWolf
July 6, 2007, 03:10 AM
I dont see my view in the poll options. Here's what I think:

SN is no more out-of-form. He has actually started scoring again. Right now... his problem is 'overconfidence'. He's being over-attacking and right now he should be kept out of next match strictly for 'disciplinary' (!) reasons and he should be clearly told the reason.... so that he realizes his responsibilities for the team!!
Ahmed bhai, please add that option in the poll.:)

Ahmed_B
July 6, 2007, 03:26 AM
Ah... nops! Cant add my views in your poll. That can only be done if you yourself think that it is an option and you want to add it. BTW... while creating any poll, its good to leave an option as "Other views: Please explain". That keeps a safeguard against late-realizations. :)

WarWolf
July 6, 2007, 03:30 AM
Ah... nops! Cant add my views in your poll. That can only be done if you yourself think that it is an option and you want to add it. BTW... while creating any poll, its good to leave an option as "Other views: Please explain". That keeps a safeguard against late-realizations. :)
Thanks. I really thing to add the option as "Other views: Please explain" now. Can you please do it for me now? This option is really needed to know other views.

Ahmed_B
July 6, 2007, 03:40 AM
Done!

WarWolf
July 6, 2007, 03:44 AM
Thanks Ahmed Bhai.

green_cat
July 6, 2007, 03:44 AM
Is there any player in our BD team who doesn't have problems in moving ball? please do consider openers cant give you always solid start. SN is a opener, who do you want to change? if he fails in middle order what will you say? answer is: SN is even not good for middle order. wont you say that?

jahidus200
July 6, 2007, 03:53 AM
you guys we just need tamim as openar . than everythings will be done

Rabz
July 6, 2007, 04:10 AM
NO!! he is a opener and thats where he should bat.
If he cat fix himself as a opener, we dont need him in the clustered middle order.
Bring him down the order would only kill someone else career.

He is much more needed as a opener.
Hope he regains his form.

Sohel
July 6, 2007, 04:58 AM
Abir's an opener.

That said, he has needed the rest since the India series. Take the pressure off, let him score well in 20 plust FC matches, and watch him compete fairly stronger than ever. Don't kick the dog when it's down. Rest him or risk losing him.

MohammedC
July 6, 2007, 10:02 AM
SN to attacking for opener's position, he should bat at number 5

tonoy
July 6, 2007, 02:22 PM
To me it seems that SN is not playing his natural batting style. I always thought of SN as a defending type of batsmen with a lot of concentration where he really excels at. But since the zimbabwe tour at the end of 2005, he seems to have shifted to more of an attacking opener. And although he was successful against zimbabwe playing with an attacking mode, same did not come true for playing other countries. I think If he goes back to playing as a defensive batsmen and not play too many shots and just stay at the crease with a strike rate of 40-50 at the beginning, then he can really take the game away from the opposition. He was always a shaky starter just like Shakib and its something we have to get used to. Just look at the way he played zimbabwe at the ICC champions trophy. That was his natural game. he scored his first fifty with a strike rate of less than fifty. His second half century was completed with a strike rate of 100. Although he is now showing much improvements and I am quite hopeful that runs will be scored by this guy soon. He just needs to focus on his strengths and not worry about his weaknesses in the game.

Sovik
July 6, 2007, 02:24 PM
if we bring him to middle order, who is going to replace him on the top, we don't have any opener, mehrab didn't do too well in his first match. we can't send sakib or bashar

Fazal
July 6, 2007, 02:24 PM
when a player is out of form and trying to re-gain his form back playing against the mighty, shuffling batting order is not going to help anything... shak deye mach Dhaka boroyee kitin when there is no shak left in the dish.

Nocturnal
July 6, 2007, 03:29 PM
NO.

SS
July 6, 2007, 03:31 PM
I want SN to go back to the leagues play more matches, scores good amount of runs, gain confidence, improve footwork, and then come back again if he wants to be in his 2006 'great form'.

rah
July 6, 2007, 04:34 PM
he has played in the middle orda before and in sri lanka
he scored his first 5o battin at 4 or wos it 5

One World
July 6, 2007, 05:25 PM
Yes and not only in Test also in ODI's also it was one of my request to put him in the place where Bashar was batting during the WC.

scoilaheez
July 6, 2007, 09:09 PM
He should be given a few more opportunities to score the big hundred that is around the corner. People who say he needs a break, i ask them where is he going to go and how will this improve his game. He will improve much more by playing international matches and he will score big soon enough.

Dhruvo
August 8, 2007, 02:13 PM
IMHO he needs rest and needs to improve his footwork his timing is good but his footwork is'nt so he should try to correct that (the footwork)

cricket_king
August 9, 2007, 02:05 AM
Dhrubo mate, is there any point in bringing back these old threads?