PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Planning and Long-term survival of Bangladesh cricket!

economist
July 5, 2007, 09:06 PM
After gleaning through Dav Whatmore and Richard Mcinnes' candid discussion about the current state and future roadmap of Bangladesh cricket, I am more than ever convinced that the survial and reasonable success of the team heavily depend on two things.

the first one is "Resources", here, I believe that both of them meant cricket infrastructures including training facililities, grounds/pitch/turf, very competetive fisrt class leagues etc,. And the second one is "Mental Ability" and this include professional
approach to the game and strategic thinking.

Without focusing these two pivotal aspects of the cricket I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel even though as an optimistic individaul I always believe that "Even the darkest clouds have the silver lining". Hiring foreign coach is the big step into the right direction, it would improve team performace marginally over short-haul but in order to improve long-term reasonable performance we have no other option but to inter-linked these two with foreign coach as last Indian coach said "You can't play like Aussie when you have a system like Zimbabwe". Hopefully tiger won't be sheep in wolf skin as Indian found out during the WC, self-assurance and complacency are dish best served cold.

sohel

mbssr
July 7, 2007, 12:13 AM
I agree with you.
meanwhile I was thinking what team would be ideal for us and after the reality check, I came down to the fact that we surely have a combination, but with 50% ability in all individual player in respect to international cricket. For example we have a opener who is ok, but we need a same player- same batting style- same stance but with 50% more ability to go for long innings.

Here is what I could think of our future combination. it looks great if you see the batting depth, the bowling options, but sadly, fact is they all are poor performer, either they need to improve 50% more, or should be substituted by a same player with better caliber. for example Khaled masud was substituted by Mushfiqur rahim.

here is the formation: for ODI

1. Junayed imrose (by imrose lets mean that an aggressive player like him, but with more maturity and consistence)
2. Nazmus sadat (as I said, he is in our poorman's team, we may need a richer Nazmus for the team)
3. Rakibul Hasan (Same for him, lets hope that he is a more practical Rajin saleh or better develop like that)
4. Sakib Al Hasan (old and seen player, we know him)
5. Mohd Asraful (old and seen player, we know him)
6. Alok Kapali (old and seen player, we know him)
7. Mahmudul Hasan (by Mahmudul Hasan we mean a true all-rounder, and off spinner. we all know that he is no way near to that - only in u'19; but lets hope the way he is playing with other u'19 team, a Mahmudul Hasan of our future team will play in the same way to other national team)
8. Mushfiqur Rahim (old and seen player, we know him)
9. Mashrafe Mortaza (old and seen player, we know him)
10. Rubel (by Rubel we mean a true pacer, and can swing. we all know that he is no way near to that - only in u'19; but lets hope the way he is playing with other u'19 team, a malinga type Rubel of our future team will play in the same way to other national team)
11. Rasel / 8. Forhad reza (Rasel is old and seen player, we know him) (by forhad reza lets keep the hope a little, a forhad reza type all rounder with a little more depth in bowling, or lets mean that reza developing his bowling by a margin)

Batsman: up to number 8 (or upto number 9 if Forhad reza prototype is in the team)

Bowler:
Improved Rubel : lets hope someone with 90 K as main bowler sarpassing Mashrafe
Masrafe : already known
Rasel: already Known
Improved Mahmudul Hasan: Top quality off-spinner, effective like our abdur razzaK
Sakib: already known and say improving to Md. Rafique
Improved Nazmus: say bowling like our Sakib in current team
Kapali: already known
(and if included) Improved Farhad: say improved to a degree that can bowl like Dollar.

If this team plays with Nepal and then it will crush them by a big margin. What I want to say that, when same players with improved consistency or substituted by improved players will occupy the team, it will crush Zim by the same big margin. It not a big road to mount Zim from Nepal.

When we can torture Zim like we can now to Nepal, we can think that we can compete the big guns.

Zunaid
July 7, 2007, 12:22 AM
When we can torture Zim like we can now to Nepal, we can think that we can compete the big guns.

I would be careful with my assertions.

Guess who beat us for the U-19 plate championships in 2003. On our side was someone called Mohammad Ashraful.