PDA

View Full Version : Tendulkar, Ganguly and Dravid opt out of T-20 world cup

Surfer
July 7, 2007, 08:59 AM
The three master batsmen have opted out of T-20 world cup. Dravid called up Vengsarkar (chief selector) to tell him that they wanted to be ignored from selection.

Here is the list of probables:
Virender Sehwag, Suresh Raina, Mohammad Kaif, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni, Dinesh Karthik, Irfan Pathan, Yusuf Pathan, Sreesanth, Manoj Tiwary, Ajit Agarkar, Karan Goel, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Ishant Sharma, Abhishek Jhunjhunwala, Cheteshwar Pujara, Rajesh Pawar, Piyush Chawla, Harbhajan Singh, Joginder Sharma, Rohit Sharma, Gautam Gambhir, Munaf Patel, Niranjan Behara, Praveen Kumar, Anirudha Srikkanth, Ramesh Powar, Robin Uthappa, Niraj Patel

Read more: http://cricmagic.blogspot.com/2007/07/tendulkar-dravid-and-ganguly-left-out.html

Ahg984
July 7, 2007, 09:03 AM
This will weaken the batting a lot but it will give a chance to youngsters and hopefully they'll perfom.

criccric
July 7, 2007, 11:46 AM
good opportunity for young blood. hope they lap the opportunity.

Shafin
July 7, 2007, 01:45 PM
India is going to suffer...again.

cricman
July 7, 2007, 01:52 PM
They know better, they don't wanna be KO'd by Pakistan in the group stages imagine the riots and effigy burnings. Plus it's better for them to play some new fearless players

Ahg984
July 7, 2007, 02:50 PM
To be honest, I don't care how India performs in this underwear cricket contest as long as it remains on top or among the top in REAL cricket (Test).

Ganguly da
July 7, 2007, 04:50 PM
T-20 is the next big thing in cricket, this worldcup will be so much better than the one we had in WI.

Nocturnal
July 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
Good move by BCCI

Padosan
July 7, 2007, 08:32 PM
They know better, they don't wanna be KO'd by Pakistan in the group stages imagine the riots and effigy burnings. Plus it's better for them to play some new fearless players

yeah right !!! total BS L-)

psj
July 8, 2007, 12:55 AM

What riots??? U know the meaning of riots? U implying that the Big 3 of Indian cricket have got scared away into playing against Pakistan.
Child,Get some eductaion before commenting non sense.

Kabir
July 8, 2007, 10:24 AM
What riots??? U know the meaning of riots? U implying that the Big 3 of Indian cricket have got scared away into playing against Pakistan.

Child, get some mental therapy before bursting in anger of some mocking remark.

Sovik
July 8, 2007, 10:43 AM
dravid and ganguly are not explosive batsman and leaving them out won't do much harm for indian team but they could pick tendulkar. he is the best batsman in any for of cricket.

One World
July 8, 2007, 12:36 PM
dravid and ganguly are not explosive batsman and leaving them out won't do much harm for indian team but they could pick tendulkar. he is the best batsman in any for of cricket.

Exactly my words!

Bengaliprince176
July 8, 2007, 12:47 PM
probab;y a smart move, not sure about Sachin though? his bowling cud b useful and his batting is still good enuf to prove he can do well in 20 20 wiv strokes rather than slogs. at least younger players get a game. tbh, i wudnt give much attention to it result wise, it shud b interesting to watch. THANK GOD DRAVID ISNT CAPTAIN!! maybe we can pick Yuvraj, who can be the next Ganguly and groom him for the future.

Electrequiem
July 8, 2007, 04:42 PM
T-20 doesn't need them anyways. They are tactically suited more for ODIs and Tests. Dhoni, Sehwag, along with some other hot blooded young guns should work well for india.

al Furqaan
July 8, 2007, 07:32 PM
T-20 is the next big thing in cricket, this worldcup will be so much better than the one we had in WI.

no way, Big 3 opting out is in indication of how big a joke 20-20 cricket is...and ODIs will go that way to if they keep shafting bowlers with idiotic rule changes.

psj
July 8, 2007, 11:01 PM
Child, get some mental therapy before bursting in anger of some mocking remark.

Why did u even bother to comment?Mental Therapy...It seems to have done wonders to you.

Kabir
July 9, 2007, 12:53 AM
Why did u even bother to comment?Mental Therapy...It seems to have done wonders to you.

I'm in the giving end, not the receiving one. If you need one, drop me a PM, I can get you good mental therapists.

Look man, stop picking on every single post here. You're in a Bangladeshi forum. And to survive here, you may have to have a thick skin sometimes. Just like how we get ridiculed in Indian forums. You just got to live with it. If you can't, too bad.

RazabQ
July 9, 2007, 01:01 AM
Seriously - can any true cricket fan (and players are fans too) - enjoy a constant bashathon? What's the fun in that. 20/20 is like cartoon cricket. It doesn't need Tendu, Dravid et al.

psj
July 9, 2007, 03:06 AM
You're in a Bangladeshi forum.
Thanks for reminding.All the best to BD.C u in the next World Cup.

Surfer
July 9, 2007, 05:06 AM
I'm in the giving end, not the receiving one. If you need one, drop me a PM, I can get you good mental therapists.

Look man, stop picking on every single post here. You're in a Bangladeshi forum. And to survive here, you may have to have a thick skin sometimes. Just like how we get ridiculed in Indian forums. You just got to live with it. If you can't, too bad.

You surprise me kabir. I can understand a few stray comments by some immature members, but I didn't expect you to justify them. You are saying that an Indian has to take insults silently to be here in BC? And that if someone opposes he needs mental therapy? Well, do one thing, go ahead and put that in the board policies- "Members are free to insult Indians. No Indians are allowed to protest to insults."

As long as that is not a part of the board policies, you will find Indians here. I don't know about other Indians, but whenever I see an offending post, I will report bad post and will give it back to the author of the post. You don't like it???? Get me banned.

Sohel
July 9, 2007, 05:44 AM
Not at all a fan of Indo-Pak Cricket or a few of their trollish fans in this forum - where we have quite a few of our own BTW - but some of their cricketers and fans like Surfer and Gangu are a different story altogether ... :)

I loathe 20/20, but am eagerly waiting to see Manoj Tiwary, Piyush Chawla, Md. Kaif and the Pathan brothers in action. Ashish Nehra would have completed the wish list.

Kabir
July 9, 2007, 09:03 AM
You surprise me kabir. I can understand a few stray comments by some immature members, but I didn't expect you to justify them.

Surfer,

I think you took my comment a little out of context. I apologize if I've hurt your feelings, but it wasn't for you. First of all, it was definitely an immature comment by cricman...and then psj took it offensive and replied back like another immature one. He could've stayed away from it...but he needs to learn how to chill.

On second thought, why did I even bother to reply to him. I shouldn't have.

Bengaliprince176
July 9, 2007, 09:12 AM
Not at all a fan of Indo-Pak Cricket or a few of their trollish fans in this forum - where we have quite a few of our own BTW - but some of their cricketers and fans like Surfer and Gangu are a different story altogether ... :)

I loathe 20/20, but am eagerly waiting to see Manoj Tiwary, Piyush Chawla, Md. Kaif and the Pathan brothers in action. Ashish Nehra would have completed the wish list.

trollish???: ( :( :( Sohel bhai, have u forgotten ur bro alredi?? :D

Tigers_eye
July 9, 2007, 10:27 AM
lol, this is so funny. Would BCCI keep Ganguly in twenty/20 team if he didn't opt out? India needs the Ganguly of old. Not the current one. If he didn't opt out he would have been dropped.

Tendu is a different story all together. I am not going to comment on him to make an issue.

Dravid, I am not sure why he is opting out. May be to have some family time.

India by far would be a better team without these three in the long run. This is where they find out the next generation of cricketers who would hold the torch.

Akib
July 9, 2007, 10:48 AM
Good for them. Will let them sort through their youngsters.

Nafi
July 9, 2007, 11:42 AM
Personally I think Dravid and possibly the others dont take twenty/20 seriously.

sandpiper
July 9, 2007, 12:12 PM
just read in cricinfo, Sussex middle order Andy Hodd hit a hundred against India

Surfer
July 9, 2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, India was dominating well till this guy played this knock. But I never take these practice matches seriously. Mostly visiting teams use these matches for experimenting.

Surfer
July 9, 2007, 12:45 PM
Surfer,

I think you took my comment a little out of context. I apologize if I've hurt your feelings, but it wasn't for you. First of all, it was definitely an immature comment by cricman...and then psj took it offensive and replied back like another immature one. He could've stayed away from it...but he needs to learn how to chill.

On second thought, why did I even bother to reply to him. I shouldn't have.

No problem. I also went a little outside the line....so sorry:o

Surfer
July 9, 2007, 12:46 PM

I am honored sir :)

Sohel
July 9, 2007, 12:56 PM
trollish???: ( :( :( Sohel bhai, have u forgotten ur bro alredi?? :D

bengalipri, I don't consider you "Indian" in that particular way bro. You're Bengali, that makes you my half-brother. That goes for the Bengali part of Gangu also BTW. All other South Asians in the forum, including the Nepalese fans of India, are cousins. Our Lankan cousins are the classiest by a mile and then some, just had to say that again.

Bengaliprince176
July 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
bengalipri, I don't consider you "Indian" in that particular way bro. You're Bengali, that makes you my half-brother. That goes for the Bengali part of Gangu also BTW. All other South Asians in the forum, including the Nepalese fans of India, are cousins. Our Lankans cousins are the classiest by a mile and then some, just had to say that again.

lol, no worries sohel bhai, i was kidding :big_hug: !! we all bengali, we all enjoy fish and rice, after all machhe bhate bangali!! but more importantly all of us on this board regardless of nationality are cricket lovers :up:

Ganguly da
July 10, 2007, 08:39 PM
dammit, how come no one likes T-20!

i think the reason the big 3 resigned, is because they know they can't keep up the pace... dravid defintily not for sure, would have loved to see the old opening pair of gangu-sachu

Ganguly da
July 10, 2007, 08:48 PM

as far as I remember, Pak got KO'd by IRE in WC ........apart from that your loyalty towards Pak cricket team is amazing!

fyi: pak got KO'd by India in every WC they faced each other.

Dhruvo
July 11, 2007, 07:28 AM
:wave: bye bye india

Sohel
July 11, 2007, 07:55 AM
Silly troll.

Ahg984
July 11, 2007, 10:17 AM
:wave: bye bye india

I checked your profile, why do you hate Indians? Is it because you feel bad vibes coming from their side and you are just reciprocating the feelings? or is their some concrete, logical reason?