PDA

View Full Version : What do people mean it is not a meaningful test?

Sadz
July 7, 2007, 09:40 AM
I do not agree wit fans saying the last test is not meaning full. If we win we will get extra rating points in the overall LG ICC test rankings. We are currently at 1 rating and only 24 points! If we lose we will be at 0 ratings and is that an embarrassment or what. i mean take Zimbabwe for instance 15 matches 28 points.Look at the results;

Team Matches Points Rating
Australia 43 5807 135
England 52 5914 114
Pakistan 38 4092 108
India 41 4407 107
Sri Lanka 36 3686 102
South Africa 42 4274 102
New Zealand 28 2602 93
West Indies 38 2738 72
Zimbabwe 15 415 28
Bangladesh 25 24 1

Not very good is it? So next time please take into account these rankings because that is what most teams play for! The rankings is very important so I really hope we can do well in the last test, good news Vaas is rested(I take it u all know anyway).
Anyway if anyone is interested in seeing the top bowlers and batters in world and where are some bangladeshi players are you can check;
http://www.lgiccrankings.com/

MarufH
July 7, 2007, 09:44 AM
I think we should play a test series against Zims... I mean after Sri lanka tour, we are doing nothing for 5 months anyways...right? It will boost our confidence, help SN/Bash get their form back... and some killer instinct like we got before WC.

what do u guys think?

Ahmed_B
July 7, 2007, 11:12 AM
I do not agree wit fans saying the last test is not meaning full.

If we win we will get extra rating points in the overall LG ICC test rankings. We are currently at 1 rating and only 24 points! If we lose we will be at 0 ratings and is that an embarrassment or what.

i mean take Zimbabwe for instance 15 matches 28 points.

Look at the results;
Not very good is it? So next time please take into account these rankings because that is what most teams play for! The rankings is very important so I really hope we can do well in the last test, good news Vaas is rested(I take it u all know anyway).

Above is the collection of an array of points again.. just put in order (or disorder should i say?) ... each of them having barely any connection with the other... and in total trying to mean something like:

"This test is highly important --- Because all teams are included in LG-ICC ranking --- And all teams play for points in the Ranking ---- And if we win this test(!!!!!!), we will get lots of points!!!"

Sadz... to be honest, I'm very very disappointed at your logic structure. It just looks like you are always eager to open a thread of your own without giving much thought into it.

As Myself.

Sadz
July 7, 2007, 05:28 PM
Ahmed_B you must be a proud man having said that. You make it sound awful but its not. I cant believe you to be honest you are trying to show I dont make sense but I do, you just made it sound bad. My days!

capslock
July 7, 2007, 05:46 PM
First of all Sadz, you could have just posted this in the thread where fans were saying that these are not meaningful. There was no need for a new thread.

Second, if you insist on posting a thread, think out your points clearly and logically and use the best grammar, punctuation and sentence structure of which you are capable.

Baundule
July 7, 2007, 06:09 PM
101 posts; openers of 15 threads. Very good work. :)
But unfortunately, I felt exactly the same way as Ahmed did; and of course not because he is a mod. ;)

These days I visit the forum and find so many people quite eligible to be a manager/selector of the BD team aka BCB official that it will be a harder contest than that among the players.

Warlock
July 8, 2007, 12:45 AM
Sadz, sometimes it is not a bad idea to participate in other threads and take part in the conversation going on there. Of course you can open as many threads as you want. What I am trying to say is if you find an appropriate thread where people are discussing a similar thing why go through the trouble to open a new one by yourself?

Nocturnal
July 8, 2007, 05:21 AM
..sometimes it is not a bad idea to participate in other threads and take part in the conversation going on there. Of course you can open as many threads as you want. What I am trying to say is if you find an appropriate thread where people are discussing a similar thing why go through the trouble to open a new one by yourself?

Can we make this post as a mandatory read for all new member...plzzzzzzzzz :mad: