PDA

View Full Version : Hayden breaks Lara's record

fwullah
October 10, 2003, 02:16 AM
Mathew Hayden breaks Brian Lara's record of 375 by scoring 380 runs against Zimbabwe.

And I could not watch it guess what for which reason - our cable tv was out.

Hasib
October 10, 2003, 03:58 AM
I'm lucky... I live in Australia!!! By the way, shouldn't this be in the international board?

Kana-Baba
October 10, 2003, 11:47 AM
I hate to know that ..... Lara is undoubtedly more classier than this run machine(Hayden).

Let's scrap this record and retain Lara's one.:)

Uf! I can't think anymore.... my all time favorite maestro(along with Sir Vivian) has just lost his glory.:( :( :(

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by Kana-Baba]

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by Kana-Baba]

acbizz
October 10, 2003, 12:23 PM
come on......he had the chance he took it...
Give him credit....

I think the same issue is discussed already.

Tintin
October 10, 2003, 02:24 PM
Lara is playing Bangladesh soon, isn't he ? :D

Arnab
October 10, 2003, 02:36 PM
He's gonna have to play zim first.

Incidentaly, it looks like Dileep has edited his "Simply the best" article. I feel powerful. Emails are wonderful instruments of correction. :)

PS. About Lara playing Bangladesh. I hope we have learnt from the last time. He scored the second fastest one day century against us tha time. It was a breathtaking carnage, with BD bowlers limbs flailing all over the ground.

[Edited on 10-10-2003 by Arnab]

Hasib
October 10, 2003, 05:37 PM
Kana-Baba, look at the bright side, at least he still got his 501.

Kalbaisakhi
October 12, 2003, 04:22 AM
This is again proved that all records are created for break.

:lol::lol::lol:

bangla_amar
October 14, 2003, 12:29 AM
Even being a big windies fan I did not feel very bad...that record cost lara a lot. Lara himself said once in an interview that..he wished he could got this off his back. That record came too early in his career and with all the hype and expectation..lara lost the track and resulted in a string of bad performances.

Hope this inspires lara to greather things...not a record..I would be happy with a bunch of centuries and a sweet revenge for the 5-0 drubbing in SA last time.