PDA

View Full Version : This guy is young...

nzfan
July 9, 2007, 11:55 PM
But hey from what it looks like so far he is a fast bowling all rounder according to his stats..

http://content-nz.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/270135.html

Kabir
July 10, 2007, 12:04 AM
Tender age, not been tested enough, and has the whole world of cricket ahead of him. Once again, our policies should be modified to refuse any consideration for inclusion into the squad without 30+ first class matches.

Ariful Haque
Bangladesh
Full name Ariful Haque
Born November 18, 1992
Current age 14 years 234 days
Major teams <nobr>Bangladesh Under-19s,</nobr> <nobr>Barisal Division</nobr>
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Right-arm medium-fast

nzfan
July 10, 2007, 12:07 AM
Im just saying this is the kind of guy who should be shipped off to Australia or so for 5-6 years to play over there

Kabir
July 10, 2007, 12:15 AM
Im just saying this is the kind of guy who should be shipped off to Australia or so for 5-6 years to play over there

I'm all for this idea. Actually, there should be some scholarship program so that guys like these can be shipped on a regular basis...not like one or two here and there.

I think the agreement with cricket Australia is going to see some of these. AFAIK, our Academy team is touring Australia for a whole season, and playing in their league. More of such agreements should be made.

Omio
July 10, 2007, 03:10 AM
Then they wont be back,:-|

WarWolf
July 10, 2007, 03:11 AM
Please don't lose your faith on your country boys.

Omio
July 10, 2007, 03:22 AM
Please don't lose your faith on your country boys.
Its already happened so many time,

Sohel
July 10, 2007, 03:44 AM
We have the resources to develop kids right here in Bangladesh. Maybe the new, corruption-free BCB will take those steps.

WarWolf
July 10, 2007, 04:15 AM

But no cricketer did this so far.

James90
July 10, 2007, 05:35 AM
The kid's only 14. It's probably too early to force him into a career path and send him to Australia to make something of him. Let the kid mature enough to appreciate the company of his family and what he really wants to do with his life.

Dhruvo
July 10, 2007, 05:59 AM
I checked cricinfo before and they said he was 18 years old,cricinfo can sometimes lie ,also they said that riyad was a pacer but he turned out to be an offspiner.

Aritro
July 10, 2007, 06:03 AM
They're listed the same birthdate on CricketArchive

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Players/144/144253/144253.html

cricket_king
July 10, 2007, 06:55 AM
I hate to say it, but some of these under 19s players aren't what they seem. Sakib had a strike rate over 100 in almost every game when he played and seemed to be a big hitter. He is nowhere close to being a big hitter. Tamim was probably the only one that lived up to standards........his stats showed he was big hitter....which he is.

Nevertheless, I wish this 14 year old all the best.

Rabz
July 10, 2007, 07:37 AM
The kid's only 14. It's probably too early to force him into a career path and send him to Australia to make something of him. Let the kid mature enough to appreciate the company of his family and what he really wants to do with his life.

Ditto.

Let him grow up as a normal kid.
Let him decide what he wants to do with his life.
Shipping young budding players to different countries is not the solution to any cause.

sadi
July 10, 2007, 08:00 AM
Why are we discussing about this kid? Anything special about him?

Alien
July 10, 2007, 08:03 AM
I agree with James90. If he does flop out and doesn't get so many chance as Ashraful then his career and future will be in jeopardy.

I still wonder what's so special about him.

Alien
July 10, 2007, 08:06 AM
Everytime I think of Bangladesh team I remember the German army during Battle of Berlin when little kids from SS were armed to fight the Russians.

Sovik
July 10, 2007, 09:39 AM
i will say, lets draft him in our test squad and break his spirit.

we should develop a system so that no players go wasted. next 3-4 years will be his transition period and if he can keep his head down and concentrate on cricket this sort of players will be our future.

he is only 14 and its too early to predict anything. but i wish him the best

jisaan
July 10, 2007, 11:35 AM

certainly it has happened lot many times. but how many times in cricket? SIMPLY NO ONE.

this site is also viewed by non-bangladeshis. r we aware of d fact dat such false allegations would unduly disgrace our own motherland

So, may i request you ppl 2 get d correct information b4 trying 2 make allegations.

Kabir
July 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
So, may i request you ppl 2 get d correct information b4 trying 2 make allegations.

Sure, you can. May we also request you to spell correctly? :)

nannu
July 10, 2007, 11:55 AM

yeah who knows he will become a brain sergeon, or he will be our next noble prize winner for physics.

come on cricket is his best career option in bangladesh.

Electrequiem
July 10, 2007, 12:05 PM

:D:floor:

AsifTheManRahman
July 10, 2007, 12:08 PM
You can't just ship him off to Australia for so long. Who's he gonna play for?

jisaan
July 10, 2007, 12:15 PM
Tender age, not been tested enough, and has the whole world of cricket ahead of him. Once again, our policies should be modified to refuse any consideration for inclusion into the squad without 30+ first class matches.

Arif being termed as a pacer seems to delight a lot of us. after atahar ali khan we never had a batsman who can be trusted for the job of 3rd seamer. yes, aftab does bowl seamers, but he never looks as good as even atahar. thus our wait for a "Kallis" or "Flintoff" or even "Shane Watson" has been prolonged. No wonder, the possibility of Arif being a seamer offers a world of hope to us. In a country where spinners galore, left armers - to be precise, If a top/middle order bat can send down some seamers with some success would definitely add much needed variation to our bowling line-up.
ALL SAID! but, hey guys! Tarry a littly! it is cricinfor who used to claim Shakib Al Hasan as a left-arm medium pacer even after he started to play for the national team. That serves us with enough logics to be skeptic of any such information.

So, for all the guys, whoever is delighted at the prospect of "Kid of the bunch" Arif being a seamer... PLEASE HAVE IT VERIFIED THROUGH ANY RELIABLE SOURCE.

Farhad
July 10, 2007, 12:21 PM
You can't just ship him off to Australia for so long. Who's he gonna play for?

Bangladeshi players that are taken to Aussieland are taken their for training purposes only as far as i know. I doubt he'd play for a team. He'd just be in the Australian Cricket Academy, that is, if hes sent there in the first place. I personally think its way waay to soon to propose a flight across the Pacific. Have to keep an eye on him though. Seems promising...

jisaan
July 10, 2007, 01:03 PM

The mistake is all mine. I was completely unaware of the fact that “SOME” of us wouldn’t have enough common sense to decipher “b4”, “ppl” etc. OR may be this is a cheap trick to shift our focus from an OBJECTIONABLE “FALSE ALLEGATION” to a trifle….. much like our politicians

Dhruvo
July 10, 2007, 01:26 PM

Man that was funny :floor: :lol: :applause: :bravo: :joy:

Tahsin Chowdhury
July 10, 2007, 01:37 PM
hehe ..hopeless...if u looked at da stat thn wat abt our beloved player shujon.He took wcket regularly n scoring 4o's always in domestic cricket ..n it hav bn a long time he performed n perfromed...Bt whn he came 2 da international scene thn wat happened..U can't say he iz completely underperformed bt 1 thng is sure dis arif can b a complete flop...

Foozy
July 10, 2007, 09:02 PM

comeon!!!... this is just a forum bro!!!
were not havin some kinda grammar contest here... and besides... deciphering simple everyday chat language isnt ATALL tough!!!.... i think it just comes with the flow... both while typing and while readin it....

it is soo much tougher to read some of the posts from ppl who dont know proper english... (i dont wanna mention any names... but there are quite a few such people in our forum [with all due respect...]... and its perfectly fine.. every1s welcome!!) rite??

but i guess if all the staffs in the forum request to use proper spellings... i guess well hav to try that... haha

cricman
July 10, 2007, 09:08 PM
Seeing a 14 year old score a FC 100's make me think I can go to Bangladesh pick up a cricket bat and score a century. I know it's that easy where as the highest level of cricket I've played is back yard cricket and all I do is punch balls to the off side like JO. That was 3-4 years ago I'm sure I can pull a Habla type hook shot.

FagunerAgun
July 10, 2007, 09:25 PM
A prospect is always a good news

Mahir
July 10, 2007, 10:49 PM
Why are we discussing about this kid? Anything special about him?

because...

this 14-yr old kid has a FC avg of 47 with a 100 and two 50s in 5 matches. Scored a 50 in 5 List-A matches as well. He also has 8 wkts @ 22 avg with his fast-medium pacers in those 5 limited over matches. And 7 wkts in his 5 FC matches.

Quite a talent, no ?

BTW, all these were in the link nzfan provided in his first post :)

One World
July 10, 2007, 10:55 PM
Seeing a 14 year old score a FC 100's make me think I can go to Bangladesh pick up a cricket bat and score a century. I know it's that easy where as the highest level of cricket I've played is back yard cricket and all I do is punch balls to the off side like JO. That was 3-4 years ago I'm sure I can pull a Habla type hook shot.

A double century could be more appreciable. :)

jisaan
July 11, 2007, 03:34 AM
comeon!!!... this is just a forum bro!!!
were not havin some kinda grammar contest here... and besides... deciphering simple everyday chat language isnt ATALL tough!!!.... i think it just comes with the flow... both while typing and while readin it....

it is soo much tougher to read some of the posts from ppl who dont know proper english... (i dont wanna mention any names... but there are quite a few such people in our forum [with all due respect...]... and its perfectly fine.. every1s welcome!!) rite??

but i guess if all the staffs in the forum request to use proper spellings... i guess well hav to try that... haha
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sovik
July 11, 2007, 05:26 AM
lets not talk about him too much. he is just 14. he has a long way to go

Antora
July 11, 2007, 05:31 AM
awwww! I wish him the best for the future! and i do hope he comes to aus for better cricketing facilities!!!

rah
July 11, 2007, 12:51 PM

have faith in dem, if he luvs his country he will come bak, if he dont come bak den we dont need some1 like dat representing there OWN country. dey can go play for some australian state and make a hell of a lot morr money den a bangladesh player but den dey will jus beplaying for money and will be controlled by greed

Lord AK
July 12, 2007, 01:32 AM
If Ariful's sooooo good, why doesn't the BCB do anything about this. It would be complete waste of player who might the next Imran Khan (Just with the surname 'Haque' hehe).

BD_Ashraful
July 12, 2007, 02:17 AM
He sounds like a Forhad Reza

rah
July 12, 2007, 06:26 AM
The mistake is all mine. I was completely unaware of the fact that “SOME” of us wouldn’t have enough common sense to decipher “b4”, “ppl” etc. OR may be this is a cheap trick to shift our focus from an OBJECTIONABLE “FALSE ALLEGATION” to a trifle….. much like our politicians

:floor: jwka oh my bad mean joker