PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, 3rd Test, July 11-15, 2007, Kandy

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

cricketboy
July 14, 2007, 04:36 AM
oh well!!! hez still kool and always will be kool!!!! lol

We cant select anybody who is cool in our team.:-|

Buddhika_s
July 14, 2007, 04:36 AM
that's alright guys, **** happens, remember how SL was, well we didn't go this bad but still i'm sure when the right people and right time comes Bangladesh will be a strong side. but for now i guess you gotta keep working hard.

hope to see a better performance in the ODI series from you. and i'm sure they will.

PS: murali = god haha so freaking proud of him i can cry now lol watch out australia, he's gonna take over warne either in brisbane or hobart, in october

cricketboy
July 14, 2007, 04:37 AM
that's alright guys, **** happens, remember how SL was, well we didn't go this bad but still i'm sure when the right people and right time comes Bangladesh will be a strong side. but for now i guess you gotta keep working hard.

hope to see a better performance in the ODI series from you. and i'm sure they will.

PS: murali = god haha so freaking proud of him i can cry now lol watch out australia, he's gonna take over warne either in brisbane or hobart, in october

The problem is when will we learn.

cricket_pagol
July 14, 2007, 04:50 AM
I am really looking forward to AUS-SL series... Finally, a team can fight with Australia.

BTW, Ash is doing a much better job in presentation these days.

cricket_pagol
July 14, 2007, 04:55 AM
I will be curious to see if Ash asserts himself and asks the board to retain Nafees for the ODI's

As the commentators noted, Ash did look quite determined and strong

BD-Shardul
July 14, 2007, 04:58 AM
amader playerder lojja shorom kisu ase naki?. Lojja shorom thakle erokom beshorom-loser type er cricket khele kemne? Fander kotha bad dilam, SL playerder shamne BD playera mukh dekhai kemne? Or they are just happy with their match fee?

BELIEVE ME, if I had played like them, I would never have taken the match fee.

Bengali Bum
July 14, 2007, 05:10 AM
Tony Greig asked "where does bangladesh go from here???"
Ashraful answers "we go to 20/20 world cup"

Tony meant what's bangladesh's plan??
and Ash is talking about 20/20 world cup...

not only that we suck in Test cricket, we also suck at speaking and UNDERSTANDING english. But thank God our team speaks better english than the Paki team.

smashyboy
July 14, 2007, 07:54 AM
Of all the test nations learning curve for BD is the longest. sure they will make a note of it. If they keep losing to other Test nations for couple more years they will strip BD off its test status

capslock
July 14, 2007, 08:22 AM

not only that we suck in Test cricket, we also suck at speaking and UNDERSTANDING english. But thank God our team speaks better english than the Paki team.

Mate get over it, who cares what our English capabilities are? You guys need to break out of this colonized mentality where your ability with English is somehow related to your worth as an individual.

And Ash's answer, perhaps inadvertently, was great, where do we go next? We concentrate on the next big tourney.

nahaz
July 14, 2007, 10:02 AM
Lol.Maybe Ash is that much smarter not to answer the question directly.Ignorance is bliss you know.And seriously guys, get over the speaking English crap.He can learn that anytime he wants.Installing some Ghilu in his sub-ordinates,now that's something else.

ialbd
July 14, 2007, 11:09 AM
ha shesh hoilo shokol ayojon....

Sadz
July 14, 2007, 11:33 AM
Innit man as Capslock ect was saying just cos he doesnt speak english like english people doesnt mean he isnt normal. I dont know how many times I would laugh if a foreigner spoke english too. His first language is Bangla unlike others so get over it! He isnt english or british like some of us. Anyway his batting usually does the talking. everyone who's criticising him, go on the field and play cricket for Bangladesh please as you lot think speaking english correctly in cricket is more valued.

Murad
July 14, 2007, 11:52 AM
guys.. what else u can expect from a bum?? just ignore him

Pundit
July 14, 2007, 11:59 AM
I am not sure how this debacle happened?

Maybe it's not that bad -

1) SL playing in SL is the best team (yes, w/ Aus)
2) We playing after a long time
3) Dramatic fall in form of Bashar - a key middle order batsman. And this is not recoverable
4) Murali

If only BCB can send our natl team to play a 3 4-day series against a good A team, that might now help.

And quickly get that 4 day league up and running, that is competitive and long.

And make sure that players play w/ motivation. Bashar is a sad example.

ialbd
July 14, 2007, 12:01 PM
we'll come back to srilanka after murali retires.....

Sadz
July 14, 2007, 12:07 PM
ialbd we'll come back to srilanka after murali retires.....
LOL
He is 35 years so how many years would that be? Bangladesh would be much more recovered by then(hopefully).

Rumz_01
July 14, 2007, 12:38 PM
BANGLADESH ROCK!!! YES YES TIGERZ!!! WE HAV SO IMPROVED OVER THE LAST TESTS..so wat if we lost..they are getting better...jus by the inkling bu gettin better!! wooohooooo!!!

Buddhika_s
July 14, 2007, 05:02 PM

who cares about english? look at Chamara Silva he knows very little english, not enough to speak in english. but he sure does score some runs right? i remember this one ODI in india just before the WC, SL lost but Chamara made a 100. he was the man of the match and in the post match presentation he came up and spoke in sinhala. Mahela had to translate.

PS: i know he got out cheap in this series, really can't blame him, when players like silva and dilshan come we are about to declare every time. he got out in the first two tests in couple silly shots but the last one he was playing well but was unlucky on that run out. :(

i'm sure he'll come back up against Australia and then England.

zahid
July 14, 2007, 06:20 PM
Mate get over it, who cares what our English capabilities are? You guys need to break out of this colonized mentality where your ability with English is somehow related to your worth as an individual.

And Ash's answer, perhaps inadvertently, was great, where do we go next? We concentrate on the next big tourney.

He also began saying :

I Thank the SriLankan team .... ????? KI?

One World
July 15, 2007, 02:03 AM
No prescription for test improvement yet.

Bengali Bum
July 15, 2007, 06:09 AM
ooooowww...
i didn't know my comment would piss some people off. sorry about dat..
ya true.. you guyz are right. English shouldn't matter, what matters is Cricket.
Sometimes it matters cuz Cricket is watched by millions around the world. Foreigners will judge us on our presentation. Good english will make good impression.

About Chamara Silva. He is probably an exception. Sri Lanka's literacy rate is 92% and they are pretty well educated. Most people understand english. I understand your point but you should've used the Pakis. Almost none of their players speak english.

BANFAN
July 15, 2007, 07:36 AM
ooooowww...
Sri Lanka's literacy rate is 92% and they are pretty well educated. Most people understand english. I understand your point but you should've used the Pakis. Almost none of their players speak english.

Srilanka's literacy rate does not reflect their level of english at all. Their medium of education is not english.
Most of the Srilankan players are not so good speakers in english, even Murali, Vas have improved a bit very recently, but that didnt stop them to be what they are.

In any sports u talk, English is not a barrier for good performance, talk about almost all Bazilians, spanish players.

And your theory of all foreigners judge the players by their presentation in English is utterly wrong, may be that's what you think, but all over the world, players are judged by their performance not English.

SS
July 15, 2007, 07:43 AM
joto dosh nondo ghosh

Sadz
July 15, 2007, 10:23 AM
yessss! SN is back into the squad!!!!!!!!

Nafis_BD
July 15, 2007, 12:55 PM
Guys does anyone know wether Dish Network is going to show the Sl vs BD ODI series??

Buddhika_s
July 15, 2007, 05:06 PM
Srilanka's literacy rate does not reflect their level of english at all. Their medium of education is not english.
Most of the Srilankan players are not so good speakers in english, even Murali, Vas have improved a bit very recently, but that didnt stop them to be what they are.

In any sports u talk, English is not a barrier for good performance, talk about almost all Bazilians, spanish players.

And your theory of all foreigners judge the players by their presentation in English is utterly wrong, may be that's what you think, but all over the world, players are judged by their performance not English.

actually in SL more and more schools are using English medium now, only rural schools aren't. but it's true who cares about english anyways.

and the reason SL's literacy rate is 92% is i think because the educations system is all free. that's the only reason i can think of.

cover_point
July 16, 2007, 09:16 AM
I certainly don't think players are judged by their standards of English. Jayasuriya is a good example, of a player receiving all the respect from the media to the opposition even with a poor knowledge of English.

His favourite words not so long ago was to say that "Thanks to the Boys, I was able to perform" as a matter of fact, there is a joke among SLns, that once a commentator had asked Jaya how he felt of his Wife's pregnancy and he had said, "Thanks to the boys". :D

But it's only a joke.

Nafis_BD
July 16, 2007, 11:50 AM
Guys does anyone know wether Dish Network is going to show the Sl vs BD ODI series??

Urrrgh come on someone please answer my question cause the ODI series is coming closer and this time I don't want to have problems with it like the test series!

Murad
July 16, 2007, 12:16 PM
Urrrgh come on someone please answer my question cause the ODI series is coming closer and this time I don't want to have problems with it like the test series!

No they are not showing it..bro..
Only Direct TV broadcasting it... u can buy some web streams.. they are pretty good...n cheaper...

Aritro
July 16, 2007, 12:21 PM
there is a joke among SLns, that once a commentator had asked Jaya how he felt of his Wife's pregnancy and he had said, "Thanks to the boys". :D

Haha

Fazal
July 16, 2007, 02:05 PM
I certainly don't think players are judged by their standards of English. Jayasuriya is a good example, of a player receiving all the respect from the media to the opposition even with a poor knowledge of English.

His favourite words not so long ago was to say that "Thanks to the Boys, I was able to perform" as a matter of fact, there is a joke among SLns, that once a commentator had asked Jaya how he felt of his Wife's pregnancy and he had said, "Thanks to the boys". :D

But it's only a joke.

Its a recycled joke. They used the same against Inzy also. Atleast we will be spared as Ash is still unmarried.