PDA

View Full Version : Saqlain Mushtaq eligible to play for England.

Surfer
July 10, 2007, 01:36 PM
Saqlain has got a British passport. Now he can play for England without any trouble. This creates some interesting possiblities. Will we see Saqlain up against Pakistan in a England -Pakistan match?:o

http://cricmagic.blogspot.com/2007/07/saqlain-mushtaq-eligible-to-play-for.html

sandpiper
July 10, 2007, 01:40 PM
How did he acquire that? by marrying a British girl ??

Surfer
July 10, 2007, 01:47 PM
How did he acquire that? by marrying a British girl ??

Thats right, he married a British girl in 98 and shifted to London in 2004.

sandpiper
July 10, 2007, 01:54 PM
shabaaaash !!! Hope he will receive an England call soon :)

Thats right, he married a British girl in 98 and shifted to London in 2004.

sandpiper
July 10, 2007, 02:06 PM
Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif are among the 30 players named by Pakistan in their preliminary squad for the Twenty20 World Cup in September.The pacemen had been suspended for two years and a year respectively after testing positive for nandrolone. But the Pakistan Cricket Board lifted the bans after the players claimed they had not knowingly taken the drug. Shoaib Malik captains the initial squad, which will be cut to 15 for the competition in South Africa. Shoaib and Asif recently escaped sanction from the World Anti-Doping Agency after their failed drugs tests in 2006. They missed the recent World Cup in the Caribbean through injury, and Pakistan were dumped out in the first round.

Preliminary squad: Shoaib Malik (captain), Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Yasir Hameed, Fawad Alam, Salman Butt, Imran Nazir, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar, Imran Farhat, Khurram Manzoor, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Hafeez, Misbah-ul-Haq, Naveed Latif, Faisal Iqbal, Shahid Yousuf, Yasir Arafat, Sohail Tanveer, Zulqarnain Haider, Mohammad Irshad, Najaf Shah, Danish Kaneria, Abdur Rehman.

source: BBC

Surfer
July 10, 2007, 02:15 PM
Shoaib waited to make his come back against India but the match got washed out. He must be very keen to make a mark on his come back. Asif's performance in the Afro Asian cup wasnt very inspiring. He also must be keen to shake off the rustiness and do some good job. It will be interesting.

Nocturnal
July 10, 2007, 02:24 PM
Saqi is bowling for England against Pakistan- I don't think that's gonna happen but would love to see that :)
Saqi's recent bowling performance for Sussex against India (tour match) is quite good.
(both innings):
O M R W Econ
33.5 5 81 4 2.41

Tigers_eye
July 10, 2007, 02:27 PM
Shoaib waited to make his come back against India ...
For how many overs? I would say at best 6 overs. After getting hit all around the park he would cite a muscle issue and leave the field limping. Out for a another 3 month.

Asif, now that is a chap who will continue to shine this year and beyond.

Nocturnal
July 10, 2007, 02:29 PM
For how many overs? I would say at best 6 overs. After getting hit all around the park he would cite a muscle issue and leave the field limping. Out for a another 3 month.

sad but so true.

sandpiper
July 10, 2007, 02:31 PM
wait (till November) before making a hasty comment :)

Shafin
July 10, 2007, 02:34 PM
Why these two totally different topic are in the same thread?

Shafin
July 10, 2007, 02:36 PM

Maybe,but with Shoaib,everything is possible.I wont be surprised if he comes back with a match winning spell.Honestly,there are currently only 2-3 more bowlers who can turn a match completely like Shoaib.

Sovik
July 10, 2007, 02:40 PM
Why these two totally different topic are in the same thread?

thats what i was thinking

One World
July 10, 2007, 10:41 PM
Ahhh! I was reading the news in Daily Inqilab in office and was planning to open the thread tonight, had a blazing title also be ready to catch everyone's eyes but Surfer dude just too fast for me. Anyways its a good news although I never enjoyed SM as much I did AQ but yes in the end he is the creator of Moin Khan's world renowned shout "DOOSRA".

Gowza
July 20, 2007, 11:56 PM
there was an article on cricinfo that i was reading and it said that saqlain has to complete his 4 year qualifiction period which will be done by april of next year. this article was written july 12 2007, so i guess he's not eligible quite yet unless the article is wrong. here's the link:
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/301749.html

if he decides to play for england it will be interesting to see how the selectors play it (will they use both panesar and saqlain or just one of them and if only one of them then which one?).

Surfer
July 21, 2007, 12:13 AM
there was an article on cricinfo that i was reading and it said that saqlain has to complete his 4 year qualifiction period which will be done by april of next year. this article was written july 12 2007, so i guess he's not eligible quite yet unless the article is wrong. here's the link:
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/301749.html

if he decides to play for england it will be interesting to see how the selectors play it (will they use both panesar and saqlain or just one of them and if only one of them then which one?).

Thanks for sharing the article.

Though the possibilities are interesting, I dont think the probabilities are very high. I dont think ECB will be very interested in giving Saqlain a place.

Puck
July 23, 2007, 11:37 AM
Saqlain has got a British passport. Now he can play for England without any trouble. This creates some interesting possiblities. Will we see Saqlain up against Pakistan in a England -Pakistan match?:o

http://cricmagic.blogspot.com/2007/07/saqlain-mushtaq-eligible-to-play-for.html

monty better start shaking in his boots ;)