PDA

View Full Version : Mother Leads By Example

Shafin
July 10, 2007, 03:33 PM
This is Hilarious :D

A mother leads by example
Agencies . Dubai

Meena Shankar took her daughter Sneha to the selection trials for the UAE women’s cricket team that will be participating in the Asian Cricket Council tournament.
But her love for the game tempted her to enrol herself for the selection trials too, only to find herself being selected into the UAE team. So talented was she that she was also given the vice-captaincy of the team!
Unfortunately, her eleven and a half year old daughter missed the bus by a slender margin. Sneha ended up as the second standby of the team.
Speaking to Gulf News before her departure to Malaysia for the ACC tournament, Meena said: ‘It was my daughter, who is a student of the Delhi Private School, Sharjah, who brought the news about the selection trials for the women’s team. I went with her to the Sharjah Stadium and having played cricket before I could not restrain myself from appearing for selection.’
Meena is a former Madras University player and has represented Tamil Nadu in the junior and sub-junior teams.
Is she disappointed that her daughter could not make it to the team? The mother reasoned out and said: ‘The fact that she missed it by a slender margin will make her work harder to make it to the team next time. She is young and should not lose spirit as I feel she has the talent.’
Meena then went on to say how she had to slog it out to earn a call-up for the Tamil Nadu and Madras University teams.
‘I started playing the game when I was in the fifth grade. The only option was to play with the boys,’ said the mother of two girls aged 11 and 7.
Meena bats one down and is proud of her best knock of 64 in an inter-school tournament, while Sneha is a right-arm medium pacer.
Meena arrived in Abu Dhabi in 1994 and hardly got the chance to play the game here.
‘I follow cricket regularly on television and thus Sneha too got interested. However, whenever we go out on picnic I made sure we played cricket.’

http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html

Shafin
July 10, 2007, 03:34 PM
BTW,the UAE captain is 13 years old.

sandpiper
July 10, 2007, 03:37 PM
BTW,the UAE captain is 13 years old.

:-B :-B :wow: :wow: :sorry: :sorry:

One World
July 10, 2007, 10:42 PM
{wrong thread]