PDA

View Full Version : Standford 2020

kaisermatin
July 10, 2007, 04:10 PM
Is Bangladesh invited in the Standford 2020? Would like to see Tamim Iqbal, Aftab, Ashrafool and Mashrafee play.

sandpiper
July 10, 2007, 04:14 PM
The Australian reported Stanford had approached Australia last year for a week-long Twenty20 knockout also involving India, South Africa and Sri Lanka. The winners would then take on the Stanford Super Stars, a West Indian XI consisting of the best players in the inter-island domestic Twenty20 tournament. The West Indies board met the ICC last week to discuss the event and the issues of payment and the countries involved.

source: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/301279.html

Buddhika_s
July 10, 2007, 07:14 PM
Is Bangladesh invited in the Standford 2020? Would like to see Tamim Iqbal, Aftab, Ashrafool and Mashrafee play.

No, it was Australia along with Sri Lanka, India and South Africa who were invited.

Foozy
July 10, 2007, 07:20 PM
No, it was Australia along with Sri Lanka, India and South Africa who were invited.

if there is no bangladesh... im not gonna bother following it or watching it...

Buddhika_s
July 10, 2007, 07:22 PM
if there is no bangladesh... im not gonna bother following it or watching it...

I guess they are looking for teams with big hitters. Which I don't think SL and India have a lot of. I think NZ have a better chance of winning 20/20 than SL or Ind. I guess they chose SL cuz they made it to the final and India for money.

sandpiper
July 10, 2007, 07:30 PM
Not only big hitters, 20-20 needs effective bowlers who can take wkts under pressure. In this regard, I guess the 20-20 ranking at present is

1. Australia
2. South Africa
3. New Zealand
4. West Indies

I guess they are looking for teams with big hitters. Which I don't think SL and India have a lot of. I think NZ have a better chance of winning 20/20 than SL or Ind. I guess they chose SL cuz they made it to the final and India for money.

One World
July 10, 2007, 11:03 PM
I see a WI-Aus final. Count me in.

Sovik
July 11, 2007, 05:28 AM
last tournament was really entertaining. standford took a risk to invest in windies and that turned out well

Dhruvo
July 11, 2007, 07:14 AM
who cares one day bangladesh will white wash them

rah
July 11, 2007, 01:17 PM
nope we aint neways afta jus one sole t20 game we shouldnt get all dat excited. anyways in da future i wanna see an asian tournament like dis. all da main divisions and states playing easch otha and at da end a star XI being made whcih will play otha teams

Buddhika_s
July 11, 2007, 04:56 PM

you know that would be really interesting.

Rumz_01
July 11, 2007, 05:01 PM

we'v done it b4..n we can do it agen!!!