PDA

View Full Version : A humble request

Tigers_eye
July 13, 2007, 10:12 AM
I humbly request the BC members to follow the forum rules. Young and old. Be supportive to each other. When arguing, make sure you are civil. There is nothing personal here. You don't want to leave with a frown face. Keep smiling.

Lately we are witnessing few banning of members. People don't get banned for no reason. Multiple offenses would put them in the dog house in the first place. If you want to enjoy this forum you must follow the rules. Very simple. Make the mods work a little easier by not stepping on their toes. They are all trying the best and doing an excellent job. More than I could ask for.

Sometimes we get emotionally get attached with members. I am guilty of it. Dawah, Sorry to name few. However, we must understand we are all accountable for our own postings, PMs. I don't have a right to belittle anyone. Not even Habibul Bashar or Faroque.

As a member lets not find faults on other members and try to change them or their thinking process. We can't. Best thing to do is to convey your message in a civil way and on an offensive post is, report them to the authorities. Too often we become a judge and a jury and get in to conflicts without even knowing. Let the admin do their job.

This is a reminder to me first.

Shafin
July 13, 2007, 11:17 AM
This is a reminder to me first.

For me too :).

akabir77
July 13, 2007, 11:28 AM
wow who got banned? missed all the actions

Nafis_BD
July 15, 2007, 11:03 PM
wow who got banned? missed all the actions

Huh...... have I been away for that long too, who got banned. Man I seriously need to get another computer now. Anyways guys this is a reminder and I hope all of you guys including me post sensibly and avoid anything that might cause any type of problems for anyone here!!

layperson
July 16, 2007, 12:36 AM
Life is a two way traffic. Most of the bans that have taken place cannot be blamed on the poster only and the moderator handling the issue is to blame too to a certain extent. Maybe bans could be avoided provided matters are handled properly. There are times when public warnings are issued to members and they are asked to reply back in a pm which defies my logic because the warning was public. IF a private convo is required the warning issued should be through pm. Then there are times when mods just warn in general in a thread but do not pinpoint any post or posters which I find very confusing because that warning essentially means that all posters are being warned whereas I feel only the poster in question should be warned through pm. Recently some mods have been way too "trigger happy" which is a bit sad because instead of enjoying the forum they have become way too serious about playing virtual police.That can and does get under the skin at times. I hope better sense prevails in both member and mods.

ialbd
July 16, 2007, 11:32 AM
Life is a two way traffic. Most of the bans that have taken place cannot be blamed on the poster only and the moderator handling the issue is to blame too to a certain extent. Maybe bans could be avoided provided matters are handled properly. There are times when public warnings are issued to members and they are asked to reply back in a pm which defies my logic because the warning was public. IF a private convo is required the warning issued should be through pm. Then there are times when mods just warn in general in a thread but do not pinpoint any post or posters which I find very confusing because that warning essentially means that all posters are being warned whereas I feel only the poster in question should be warned through pm. Recently some mods have been way too "trigger happy" which is a bit sad because instead of enjoying the forum they have become way too serious about playing virtual police.That can and does get under the skin at times. I hope better sense prevails in both member and mods.

shahriyar bhai amader jail khata mozlum jono-neta..... ashun unar netritte amra andolone jhapiye pori...... jalo oooooo jalo oooo

Tigers_eye
July 16, 2007, 02:55 PM
... There are times when public warnings are issued to members and they are asked to reply back in a pm which defies my logic because the warning was public. IF a private convo is required the warning issued should be through pm...
I can not support the above argument. The MODs are the virtual police. Public warning is not only for that poster but also who ever is reading the post should understand that these type of posts are not acceptable. This is about setting examples for others who would follow. Any further communication needs to be done in private messaging. We, the general members, do not need to go in details of the issues. This has been the norm and hopefully will be the norm. emotionally charged members need to grow some patience and respect for the rules and authorities. We all need to accept the fact that we sometimes cross the boundaries. That is very much normal. Getting warned for that is also normal. This comes with the territory.

I am no MOD. I am seeing things that is happening here is disturbing the environment. I come here because of the love of game, to smile. Not to cause trouble, not to see some of us causing trouble for not having patience.

Revising any post with a cool head is a good practice.

Fazal
July 16, 2007, 03:20 PM
Hmmm... tiger Bhaiya is in a mission.

When he joined he was our MINI Bhaiya
Then slowly after changing his name he became our MIDI Bhaiya
Now he is marching to become our MOD Bhaiya....

Go Bhaiya Go !!!!!!

Tigers_eye
July 16, 2007, 03:24 PM
Hmmm... tiger Bhaiya is in a mission.

When he joined he was our MINI Bhaiya
Then slowly after changing his name he became our MIDI Bhaiya
Now he is marching to become our MOD Bhaiya....

Go Bhaiya Go !!!!!!
Naah bhaia. rumor mill suru koiren na. If I wanted to be then I could have been that at least a year back.