PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel bad for Dav Whatmore?

tiger_omar
July 15, 2007, 12:43 AM
According to Cricinfo, Geoff Lawson is most likely to be appointed Pakistan head coach this monday.
Source:http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/302010.html

So this means that our former national coach Dav Whatmore will probably not get the coaching position for the Pakistan team.

He was once the leading candidate for the Indian coaching position and then the Pakistani position but failed to receive a contract from either theam.

My question is do you feel sorry for Dav Whatmore? It's true that he served our team for a long time and he gave our players confidence and helped us win some important matches, but I think we felt insulted at the way he handled his interest to coach the Indian team during the World Cup, and I'm guessing our players probably felt uncomfortable at that time and weren't too happy with Dav then.

Also, if he doesn't get the Pakistani coaching job, would you guys like to have him back as a national coach or a coach of our academy team?

fy288
July 15, 2007, 12:58 AM
i personally think dav has more to offer BD cricket. look at the shambles that has been the recently concluded test series in sri lanka, his mgmt and coaching experience may not have prevented the loses but we probably would have lost having given sri lanka a bit of a scare. BD were no where near competitive.

the thing that gets me is that before the test series we were told by players and mgmt that the boys had been hard in the nets improving there batting!!... yeh right good one. but BD fans are not laughing

BD-Shardul
July 15, 2007, 01:57 AM
NO, I don't feel sorry

One World
July 15, 2007, 02:05 AM
I was hoping to see the mix, interestingly its not going to happen. A Pakisatani flare and fury with a cool customer like Dav could bring up something new.

Foozy
July 15, 2007, 03:28 AM
i do not feel sorry for him due to his attitude towards our cricket towards the end...
but i would not mind considering him for the a-team or even under 19....
the national team.... well i know he has more to offer... but i would still not want him back... i guess we just had enough of him for a while...
we need some new coaches... who can really find the technical faults for now....
and what i feel we need most... is a batting and a bowling coach!!!!
BD has ENOUGH funds... and they definitely can afford it... so just do it damn it!!!!... hire some good batting and bowling coaches!!!

inspyr9
July 15, 2007, 03:50 AM
I dont feel bad for him. he got what he desereves.

Dhruvo
July 15, 2007, 04:29 AM
Well whatmore served our country for four years but I dont feel sorry for him he did a bad thing by showing his interrest towards india I am not saying that I dont like india but I am saying that it felt really bad .

Antora
July 15, 2007, 04:42 AM
awwwwww!!!!! I fell sorry and not so sorry for dave!!!
i fell sorry because he has been rejected so many times!!!! POOR GUY!!!
i dont feel ..welll because.... you know the whole india thing!!!
I personally think dave has no brains. I mean it was kinda dumb of him to resign from bd cricket when not being sure if he will be india's coach!!! I bet he only realises that now!!!!

Surfer
July 15, 2007, 04:55 AM
Dav Whatmore has been a great coach and sure had enough to offer to both India and Pakistan.

But he behaved wrong in the last few months. His open statements on his interest for the Indian post was over limit. He lost the Indian job because he made himself look greedy. He even went to the extent of overlooking his responsibilities in the last test of Bangladesh when he was negotiating with BCCI.

Hope he gets a good job and settles down in life.

Miraz
July 15, 2007, 05:01 AM
Dav Whatmore has been a great coach and sure had enough to offer to both India and Pakistan.

But he behaved wrong in the last few months. His open statements on his interest for the Indian post was over limit. He lost the Indian job because he made himself look greedy. He even went to the extent of overlooking his responsibilities in the last test of Bangladesh when he was negotiating with BCCI.

Hope he gets a good job and settles down in life.

He should have left BD right after the world cup. That would have been good both for him and Bangladesh.

He is a great coach but you have to take responsibility of your action.

Shafin
July 15, 2007, 09:35 AM
I feel sorry for him as a person.But I think,as a professional,he got what he deserved.There was reports today that he didnt talk with Rafique in the last 3 years as our coach.While Ashraful was in bad for,he stopped talking with him,too.Maybe the Indians and Pakistanis considered these also.

Surfer
July 15, 2007, 10:28 AM
I feel sorry for him as a person.But I think,as a professional,he got what he deserved.There was reports today that he didnt talk with Rafique in the last 3 years as our coach.While Ashraful was in bad for,he stopped talking with him,too.Maybe the Indians and Pakistanis considered these also.

If thats true, thats very serious. There cant be anything worse for a team than a coach not on talking terms with some players.

cricketboy
July 15, 2007, 02:07 PM
Lets see what Whatmore does now!

Sovik
July 15, 2007, 03:45 PM
i don't feel sorry. its a dog eats dog world

tiger_omar
July 15, 2007, 06:41 PM
Most of our members here don't really feel sorry for Dav, and I have to agree with them. But I still feel that he was a great motivator for our team and took us to a whole new level, and we should consider hiring him for our under 19 team or our A team if he is interested

Rabz
July 16, 2007, 07:49 AM
NO, i DONT feel sorry for him.
And why should i??

Its not that we did not renew his contract.
Its him who has been waywardly vocal about his interest in some job in some other country.
Its him who was itching to leave our shores.
Its him who opened his mouth and started negotiating new contracts while still being our employee.
Its him who has even threatened to sue BCB for accusing him of breaking his contract.
Its him who asked for too much, only ending up with nothing.

We, ( and our BCB) did not do anything wrong.
We did not show him any disrespect.

He wanted to leave, we let him be.

Too much greed brings the downfall.

Now the guy is officially on Howard's dole money ( well he is eligible since he is unemployed).
May be he needs to call Centrelink first, before calling any other cricket board.

tigerpain
July 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
May be this is a old news however, to me its a great refreshing....WHATS UP DEV.... i cannot believe that you get booted by indian and now by paki...where do you want to go Dev...? I guess BD was best place for you, may be its time for you to realize that being a greedy after all not a good sign... I FEEL EXTREMLY SORRY FOR YOU DUDE :o :waiting:

Dhruvo
July 19, 2007, 04:55 PM
mods plese transfer this thread to http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=22861&highlight=feel+bad+whatmore

Rifat
July 19, 2007, 05:23 PM
he will come back... that is if he has a heart

Murad
July 19, 2007, 05:24 PM
he wants to go to our house and stay there forever.. and teach you how to play cricket in your backyard.....

tigerpain
July 19, 2007, 05:30 PM
Dude what r u talking about ....HEART, he ain't get that .. He is a GOLD DIGGER...if he would like to come back , i say PASS on him..coz all on sudden he gets off and Leave us again... So i think he is what he is ..a GOLD DIGGER!!:mad:

al Furqaan
July 19, 2007, 05:46 PM
i dont WANT DW back...we need a change.

he helped us a lot in ODIs, but couldn't do jack in Test arena...he failed big time in that regard.

we need a guy who demands results of the boys and gets them.

Rifat
July 19, 2007, 05:53 PM
i dont WANT DW back...we need a change.

he helped us a lot in ODIs, but couldn't do jack in Test arena...he failed big time in that regard.

we need a guy who demands results of the boys and gets them.

i strongly disagree. we did achieve our first test victory you know and if you say it was aginst Zimbabwe at their worst, we also ran Australlia awfully close(another comment stolen from cricinfo) at Fatulah in 2006. we should have beaten them but good job anyway. what we are seeing now is a 100% dholai from a determined team who never looks back no matter who the opponent is. and besides, we are experiencing the traumatic effects of his departure. he was a good coach. you want to know why he left? just because we lost to Ireland in the world cup which wasn't even his fault to lose. we lost that game because of our own miscalculated preparation and extreme confidence from the fans thinking we owned "the minnows". which had an ego boost on the players led them to take Irish pride for granted and we got smashed. if we hadn't missed return catches, misfielded that game hardly i thought Ireland would have not passed 200 and we could have probably won think about it fellows.

Fahim
July 19, 2007, 06:18 PM
who the hell is DEV?!

Ehsan
July 19, 2007, 06:37 PM
Man, I thought this was about WWE Smackdown. The Great Khali won the World Heavy Weight Title in 20-Man Battle Royal Match after Edge was forced to surrender his tittle due to a surgery which will keep him out for 4 months. This is the news from Tuesday's Smackdown taping which will be on TV on Friday, can't wait to see this as it happens. Go Khali!

Ehsan
July 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
Thread merged.

mod.action

zahid
July 19, 2007, 06:57 PM
Why don't we get Wasim Akram as Bwoling coach and Steve Waugh as Batting coach?

zahid
July 19, 2007, 06:58 PM
Man, I thought this was about WWE Smackdown. The Great Khali won the World Heavy Weight Title in 20-Man Battle Royal Match after Edge was forced to surrender his tittle due to a surgery which will keep him out for 4 months. This is the news from Tuesday's Smackdown taping which will be on TV on Friday, can't wait to see this as it happens. Go Khali!

Last time I watched Wrestling, WWF was still there ... Shawn Michaels was the no.1 and Owen Hart was still alive! ;)

kalpurush
July 19, 2007, 07:05 PM

kagojey biggapon dekhen nai?...he lost it in Kawran Bazar!!!;)

MohammedC
July 19, 2007, 07:18 PM
Whatmore joins Indian talent search show
Former Sri Lanka and Bangladesh cricket coach Dav Whatmore will join an Indian local cricket talent search programme, according to reports from India.

Following the tremendous success of Cricket Star Series I, the unique interactive cricket talent hunt conducted as a reality TV programme in the style of American Idol will launch the second series shortly.

Sukhvir Singh, from Shahpur, (a village near Mohali) was crowned as India’s first Cricket Star. Cricket Star Series II plans to bring in young talents who dream to bring the change through their passion in the world of sports.

Cricket Star’s passion, drama and energy have captured the hearts and minds of millions of viewers. The programme has reached far and out and has being very successful in unearthing talented youngsters. Sri Lankan born Whatmore who migrated to Australia as a youngster and played test cricket for them will soon be confirming his association with Cricket Star Series II as the Director of the Cricket Academy, sources said.

Apart from his association with this unique endeavour, Whatmore would be contributing in a providing cricket tips to the passionate young cricketers.

He is not giving up on India.

Link (http://www.dailymirror.lk/2007/07/20/sports/02.asp)

Puck
August 4, 2007, 07:24 AM
i used to feel bad for him but not anymore. last night cheered me up immensely.

Antora
September 27, 2007, 05:05 AM
looks like whatmore could be head coach of westindies!!! the other candidate is john dyson!!! now wouldnt it be funny if west indies reject whatmore!!![poor fella]
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/current/story/312686.html

Miraz
September 27, 2007, 05:15 AM
Whatmore again on top of a coach hunt!!

Not a good sign for him.

zainab
September 27, 2007, 09:44 AM
In my opinion, Whatmore did not really gel this team. BD cricket is better off without him.

BD need a new coach with fresh ideas for this young team, one who can make them perform better in test cricket. Whatmore failed in that respect.
Seems that no one is interested in becoming the new national coach. i hope BDCB does not become desperate and hire the wrong person. Tht will be disastrous for the team.