PDA

View Full Version : Zimbabwe left out of Test rankings and behind Ireland in ODIs

Ahmed_B
July 21, 2007, 03:14 AM
Take a look at the ICC homepage... ZIMs are not in the Test ranking anymore.. and they are behind Ireland in ODI ranking: ICC (http://www.icc-cricket.com/)

ICC Test Championship
Zimbabwe left out of Test rankings
Cricinfo staff, July 16, 2007

Zimbabwe have dropped out of the ICC Test Championship as a result of them only playing eight Tests in the last three years. Test match rankings have historically been based on a minimum of 10 Tests played by each country over the three to four-year period.

At the top of the table, Australia have stretched their lead and are now 26 rating points clear of second-placed England. Sri Lanka are another eight points further back having moved up two places to third position, and South Africa are also up two places from sixth spot to fourth. Pakistan are the big loser after the update having dropped three places from third to sixth.

The annual update is carried out to ensure the LG ICC Test Championship table continues to reflect recent form with older results being discarded. As such, the new table only includes results from series completed after August 1, 2004.

The update is always scheduled to take place on August 1 each year, but as no series are set to finish ahead of that date, it can be carried out now. By updating the table now it means that England and India will know what progress they can make before their series starts on Thursday.
© Cricinfo (http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/302219.html?CMP=OTC-RSS)

Surfer
July 21, 2007, 03:53 AM
Yeah, it was coming. I hope Taibu returns and we get to see Zimbabwe back in test cricket. I still remember the era of Andy Flower. He was a very hardworking batsman and had some very good players alongside him in the team. What a sad downfall!

Sovik
July 21, 2007, 04:08 AM
i don't think taibu will make much difference.

Yasin
July 21, 2007, 06:11 AM
Sad indeed, but as Surfer stated, it was coming. The only positive is the return of Taibu.

Puck
July 23, 2007, 11:33 AM
well done bangladesh on securing 4 points in the test rating. the ambition should be to turn it to 40 point in the next 18 months. as i said before, the only way is up :)

rah
July 24, 2007, 09:22 AM
well done bangladesh on securing 4 points in the test rating. the ambition should be to turn it to 40 point in the next 18 months. as i said before, the only way is up :)

a but too ambitoius how many tests do we have in the next 18 years? and we will have too win most of dem

Puck
July 31, 2007, 08:39 PM
a but too ambitoius how many tests do we have in the next 18 years? and we will have too win most of dem

teams who are known to be weak get more points for getting draws and wins against top opposition. 40 points isn't impossible for bangladesh.

Dhruvo
August 1, 2007, 06:48 AM
Before zim was really good they had streak,flower brothers etc.but now they have no one.

Baundule
August 1, 2007, 09:43 AM
We are in the process of... :(

Sohel
August 1, 2007, 10:15 AM
Taibu, Sibanda, Masakazda, and Taylor will eventually bring 'em back into the fold, if the lunatic Mugabe so allows.

Dhruvo
August 1, 2007, 12:30 PM
We are in the process of... :(
No no,Insha-Allah we will be in a much better position after a few more years.

zahid
August 1, 2007, 02:04 PM
So, we are now in Last place ? Oh, no!

Puck
August 2, 2007, 07:57 PM
well, it is the last place but as i keep on saying, the only way is up!