PDA

View Full Version : No Hint of Rain today - WHATSOEVER and Yet, No Play

fwullah
October 12, 2003, 02:40 AM
What can I say? We need a new stadium where the rain will not affect a match.

Because Bangabandhu stadium - the so - called best and the number 1 stadium of Bangladesh, sucks. :mad::mad::mad:

There is no rain whatsoever, at least not at the part where I live in, - its been sun-shine all around since morning, and yet no play is possible.

Where has the super-surfers (don't mind my spelling) and the groundsmen gone? Have they gone fishing?

First - the bad news of England not wanting to go to Chittagong for a practice match and stay a bit more in Chittagong - the only other test venue for Bangladesh besides Dhaka - (South African players hinted to the England players that facilities there in Chittagong are not properly adequate) and now this!!!

Where is Mr. Ali Asghar Lobby? Where is Mahbubul Anam? And most of all, where is the newly appointed perfect CEO Mr. Dudhia? They are or their sub-ordinates are supposed to look into these things.

fwullah
October 12, 2003, 02:43 AM
And also, where is the son of the Prime Minister? After all, the BCB XI team has a few players of the Development Squad that he is (indirectly) looking after.

Mahmood
October 12, 2003, 02:45 AM
I don't think this is anybody's fault.

If it rains, the super soacker can help by soaking the water. But when it rains for days and the ground is soft, what will removing the water do? The ground needs time to dry.

The ground's committee were worried about the outfiled last whole week. Their fear came true.

chinaman
October 12, 2003, 02:47 AM
Just another sad day for the fans.

Hasib
October 12, 2003, 02:47 AM
Furthermore... did you here the plans to build a new stadium. With the U-19 World Cup coming up, some of the other grounds are also being upgraded.

Kalbaisakhi
October 12, 2003, 03:22 AM
New stadium????May be easy to build right now.But it is very costly to make indoor stadium for Cricket.
:wow::wow::wow:

AGC
October 12, 2003, 03:35 AM
Is there gonna be live coverage on cricinfo for the warm up match?

Mahmood
October 12, 2003, 03:39 AM
Not sure. BBC is covering live.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/bsp/hi/cricket/statistics/scorecards/other_match_other_match/6388/html/scorecard_hi.stm

AGC
October 12, 2003, 03:41 AM
Thanks! At last the game starts....:)

Carte Blanche
October 12, 2003, 05:58 AM
Rajputro is right. The ground needs a lot of time, and exposure to warm sunlight to dry up. I wonder if any grounds have blower facilities where you can manually try drying up the ground, or at least parts of it.

oracle
October 12, 2003, 07:17 AM
101 in 37 overs . Yep the ground is soaking.