PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, 3rd ODI, 25 July 2007, RPS, Colombo

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Miraz
July 23, 2007, 07:50 AM
Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka

3rd ODI, July 25, 2007

Venue: R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
Start Time: 4:30 GMT

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Current GMT Time: </TD><TD><IFRAME name=iframe src="http://plus.cricinfo.com/clock.html" frameBorder=0 width=65 scrolling=no height=20></IFRAME>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Weather Forecast : MSN Weather (http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:CEXX0001)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>
BanglaCricket Coverage: Preview (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2007/INT/BD_IN_SL/tour.php) | Series home (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2007/INT/BD_IN_SL) | bulletin (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2007/INT/BD_IN_SL/bulletin.php) | news (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2007/INT/BD_IN_SL/news.php) | schedule/scores (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2007/INT/BD_IN_SL/schedule.php) | articles (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../tours/2007/INT/BD_IN_SL/articles.php)
Other Coverage : Cricinfo (http://www.cricinfo.com/) || ESPNSTAR (http://www.espnstar.com/) || BBC Cricket (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cricket) || TigerCricket (http://www.tigercricket.com/)

Live TV: Ten SPORTS, Zee Guzrati (UK)

Bangladesh Team (from): <o:p></o:p>
Mohammad Ashraful (capt), Javed Omar, Tamim Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mashrafe Mortaza, Syed Rasel, Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hossain, Farhad Reza, Tushar Imran, and Mohammad Mahmudullah.<o:p></o:p>

SriLanka Team (from):
Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara, Chamara Silva, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Prasanna Jayawardene (wk), Chaminda Vaas, Farveez Maharoof, Muttiah Muralitharan, Lasith Malinga, Dilhara Fernando, Malinga Bandara, Malinda Warnapura, Sujeewa de Silva.

Miraz
July 23, 2007, 07:51 AM
Desperately want a change of fortune.

Playing with my luck. :)

Anher
July 23, 2007, 07:56 AM
Thought only i can change the fortune. Good luck bangladesh and Miraz bhai

Omio
July 23, 2007, 07:57 AM
as Miraz vai thread khulse and ami 1st reply korsi, so amader jitar possibility 99%.:smug:

Imtiazk
July 23, 2007, 07:59 AM
Is Tamim yet another over-hyped under performing in our long list of such players ? Apart from that 54 off India [ no doubt crucial ] where he had been dropped by Dravid earlier on, what exactly has he done ? I am not suggesting we drop him as such musical chairs hardly helps anyone but he is not the player [ and does not even look it ] as many swear by. The same goes for Sakib. He scored a few runs today but he came in at no.7 when the heavy bombardment was over.

Ramisa
July 23, 2007, 08:00 AM
I think JO will do well instead of Tushar... & i don't understand y Ash doesn't let Sakib bowl....He's a good bowler according to me (atleast better than him & Reza)

Best of luck tigers & i hope the TIGERS will prove to be the TIGERS in the 3rd ODI.

Omio
July 23, 2007, 08:00 AM
new thread , new hope...

cricket_dorshok
July 23, 2007, 08:03 AM
Good try Miraz. Hope for the best.

cover_point
July 23, 2007, 09:01 AM
Another low scoring, boring ODI at the Premadasa Sand pit. I don't why they couldn't schedule a Day-nighter at Dambulla.

Rubu
July 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
How many of you still want to see Tushar in the lineup?

zahid
July 23, 2007, 09:41 AM
Amra 100 runs ey eibar all out hobo. Boloder dol shara jibon boloder motoi cricket khelbey!

Nafis_BD
July 23, 2007, 09:45 AM
hmmmm is the game tonight or tomorrow?? Well good luck to the BD team and hopefully they dont make the smae mistakes again this time and hopefully this is not a repeat!!!

roaring tigerz
July 23, 2007, 10:10 AM
I would like the same XI on the field for the 3rd ODI. But its about time the 'big boys' in our line up put their hands up and took some responsibility. In other words, Ashraful and Aftab need to bat higher up, and not come in after we have suffered from et another diarrhea of wickets. My batting order would be:

Tamim
Nafees
Mushfiq
Ashraful
Aftab
Tushar
Sakib
Farhad
Mortaza/Shahadat
Razzak
Rasel

Dhruvo
July 23, 2007, 10:20 AM
The smart ones doesn't want to see tushar in the 3rd odi :-D .

Puck
July 23, 2007, 11:06 AM
Are they bad or are they bad ;)

Rifat
July 23, 2007, 11:22 AM
tushar have had enough chances, anyways here is my squad and batting lineup:

Javed Omor
Tamim Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Sakibul Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Farhad Reza
Mahmudullah Riyad
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hossain/Mashrafee Mortaza
Syed Rasel

**Nafees should be kept out along with Tushar, i think they had a chance to prove themselves...

* i would like to see Ashraful bowl for maybe a couple of overs...

Ahmed_B
July 23, 2007, 11:41 AM
To me, having tusher in the line-up isn't the prob ... rather having a frazile no3 & 4 is. Not having Aftab at 3 was stupid in both ODIs. Mushfiq will hopefully do OK at 4... or maybe Ashraful should take charge of 4th place. But the top 1-4 has failed pathetically in the first 2 ODIs. That killed the games instantly.

Rifat
July 23, 2007, 11:44 AM
To me, having tusher in the line-up isn't the prob ... rather having a frazile no3 & 4 is. Not having Aftab at 3 was stupid in both ODIs. Mushfiq will hopefully do OK at 4... or maybe Ashraful should take charge of 4th place. But the top 1-4 has failed pathetically in the first 2 ODIs. That killed the games instantly.

now, it doesn't matter who plays JUST PERFORM, right?

Tigers_eye
July 23, 2007, 12:26 PM
bismillah

sislam2
July 23, 2007, 12:35 PM
Tushar must be replaced, Aftab has shown some maturity in middle order, he is solid no. 5. question becomes if sakib should be no. 3 or mushfiq, and For the Kapali fans, Kapali would have been a better no. 7 or lower middle order batsman.

Dhruvo
July 23, 2007, 12:51 PM
This should be the line up:
1.shariar nafees
2.mehrab
3.aftab
4.sakib
5.ahsraful
6.mushfiq
7.farhad
8.riyad
9.razzak
10.rasel
11.shahadat
I have not included tamim and tushar in the team because they both are stupid in playing shots.

Beamer
July 23, 2007, 01:39 PM
Is Tamim yet another over-hyped under performing in our long list of such players ? Apart from that 54 off India [ no doubt crucial ] where he had been dropped by Dravid earlier on, what exactly has he done ? I am not suggesting we drop him as such musical chairs hardly helps anyone but he is not the player [ and does not even look it ] as many swear by. The same goes for Sakib. He scored a few runs today but he came in at no.7 when the heavy bombardment was over.

Generally agree. Apart from that knock in the WC and a second one vs India recently , he hasn't realy done anything to date. He was an unknown commodity in that first match and Indian bowlers served him a lot of full length balls outside off, which he dispatched merrily through the cover, point, midoff region- areas of his strength. Once you cramp him for room and hold back your length a bit, he ususaly goes fishing, resulting in "play and miss". Either he edges back to get out or gets boundaries via third man if he is lucky. I am yet to see him play on the on side effectively, or play with soft hands to find the gaps for singles and twos. Teams have figured him out. You pack the offside (7-2) and cramp him for room and you will be duely rewarded. Actually, his range of shots are poor compared to Aftab, Ash, Rahim and even Nafees. But, for entertainment value, his shots through the one side are good on the eye, as it stays hit followed by that beautiful full swing of the bat. He remains an incomplete product. If he wants to live upto the hype, he must expand his game way beyond to what he has to offer right now.

BTW, he was dropped by Dravid on 47 or 48 , very close to his 50 and not early on.

Rifat
July 23, 2007, 01:42 PM
I have not included tamim and tushar in the team because they both are stupid in playing shots.

no, Tamim should stay because he is still finding his way through international cricket, once he finds his momentum, he will be inshallah a very consistent player. he is still 18 years old. but i agree that he should be kept out in a couple of matches if he plays horrible.

nannu
July 23, 2007, 01:58 PM
tamim should stay i say keep with the same team. we are unlucky to miss rafique and mashrafee. i am sure we would have won the 1 st one day if rafique was with us.

dont forget srilanka is the 2nd best team in the world. they probably whitewash the indies or england in same way.

Russell2k7
July 23, 2007, 02:11 PM
^^^ In ODI SA is the second best team at full strength.

sensible
July 23, 2007, 02:24 PM
One thing is a given. No matter how Bangladesh is playing, this forum is a fertile breeding ground of theories of how to improve Bangladesh cricket. Unfortunately, most of the theories comes to "include that fellow" or "drop the other fellow". Interstingly, BCB seems o listen to these suggestions and as a result, Bangladesh line up became somewhat of a musical chair competition and the average age of Bangladesh team has a decreasing trend....soo we will have average age of 10 years and be on the record books once again!!

Bottom line, our players really do not know how to play either form of cricket! The results that we had so far, I'm sorry to say are flukes...just part of the random pattern. The best thing we could do is suspend the ODI and test status before ICC takes it away and concentrate on the domestic structure. Play 4 day games at home on a regular basis and learn the game. The supporters need to learn the game as well. Otherwise, we'll have odd competitive results in between terrible beatings on a regular basis.

LateCut
July 23, 2007, 03:01 PM
Amen! We also need to play more A teams. Swallow our pride and face the fact that our current test squad is worse than anybodies A,B or C teams.

nasimul
July 23, 2007, 04:20 PM
1.shariar nafees
2.mehrab
3.aftab
4.sakib
5.ahsraful
6.mushfiq
7.farhad
8.riyad
9.razzak
10.rasel
11.shahadat

We can change the line-up however we wish, but the result will just be the same. So why we are wasting time on that. New line up or new players on every match are not preventing to play stupid shots. A good player learn from his own mistake but our so called talented players are making same mistake till the end of their carrier .

Sadz
July 23, 2007, 04:41 PM
rifat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B

now, it doesn't matter who plays JUST PERFORM, right?

You got a point there Rifat. So Ahmed are you asking us to play someone who isnt a pro like a granny instead of Tushar, I mean she would love to use the bat(she wud think its a stick!)

rubel_18
July 23, 2007, 04:49 PM
Good Luck Tigers plz do sumthing in this match in terms of batting....plzzzzzzzzz

Sovik
July 23, 2007, 05:10 PM
i am not being too optimistic

epitaph
July 23, 2007, 05:13 PM

45 against India, again with a healthy SR, and a lethargic 30-odd against New Zealand. Really, too soon to write him off. Hasn't even been 3 series. But collapse after collapse...I understand your frustration.

But after your mentioning of Sakib, I've to ask, what are you smoking? Look at his average! That's not warranted after only 1 bad game. He looked very determined and showcased good footwork and technique in the last one. After "the heavy bombardment" there was intense pressure. That's why he got out after the pressure to score gave in after 2 dot balls.

epitaph
July 23, 2007, 05:29 PM
One thing is a given. No matter how Bangladesh is playing, this forum is a fertile breeding ground of theories of how to improve Bangladesh cricket.

Yours is another. But I totally disagree. The talent is evident. Bowling, fielding, AND batting. Like you said, there has been too much shuffling around with players, and the batsmen aren't settled in the team. Too much shuffling even with the batting order. There is limited chemistry between batsmen, and their confidence is hurt. A prime example is Tushar Imran.

Anyhoo, my batting order for the game:

Nafees
Tamim
Mushfiq
Sakib
Ashraful
Aftab
Tushar
Farhad
Mashrafe/Shahadat
Razzak
Rasel

What's Mash's condition now? And I thought I read before the ODI's started that Rafique may be back for the last game. Is he?

mali007
July 23, 2007, 05:50 PM
I am smelling WHITE WASH !!!!!

cricket_pagol
July 23, 2007, 05:51 PM
We need some luck and we need to win the toss... only then can we think of putting up a good fight. Masrafee needs to play too!

I hope Tushar is played lower down the order or somebody like Mehrab is given an opportunity instead of Tushar.

Ajfar
July 23, 2007, 06:11 PM
i fink...riyad will def get a chance this timee..

Protic
July 23, 2007, 09:45 PM
I want riyad to replace tushar..and Sakibs batting order to be increased.. he is not a 7.

Miraz
July 24, 2007, 04:59 AM
Riyad and Javed Omar in for the third ODI, Tushar and Shahriar Nafees out.

COLOMBO: Allrounder Mahmudullah Riyad will make his debut after being named in the Tigers’ starting line-up for tomorrow’s third and final ODI of the Laqshya Series against Sri Lanka at the R Premadasa Stadium.
The 21-year-old, who bowls off-spin and is a hard-hitting middle-order batsman, will come in for Tushar Imran who has made a duck and 9 in the two matches. Opener Javed Omer meanwhile gets his first match of the ODI series in place of Shahriar Nafees Ahmed.
Bangladesh will play for pride only having conceded the series already. For the second game running they will have to do without pace ace Mashrafe Bin Mortaza who is still recovering from a sprained right ankle.
The team had no training today apart from an hour’s stretching and swimming in the morning. After that there was individual meeting with the coaching staff for the batsmen and bowlers.
The Tigers are scheduled to leave Colombo on Friday morning.
BANGLADESH: Mohammad Ashraful (Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Javed Omer Belim, Mushfiqur Rahim, Aftab Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah Riyad, Farhad Reza, Abdur Razzak, Shahadat Hossain Rajib, Syed Rasel.

TigerCricket (http://tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=424)

Dhruvo
July 24, 2007, 05:01 AM
They should had dropped tamim instead of SN

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2007, 05:40 AM
They should had dropped tamim instead of SN

Are Bhai, bhujen na keno...... Jodi laigga jai.................

Sadz
July 24, 2007, 05:50 AM
Im glad Omar is back and Riyad although I didnt want them to drop Nafees who was clearly the best performing opener.

nasimul
July 24, 2007, 06:14 AM
Riyads career profile:

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56025.html

SS
July 24, 2007, 08:22 AM
All right I am giving up with BD cricket. This is painful to watch that their body language is so pathetic and sluggish. They already gave up and not giving 100% of their efforts. I will post one last time if I see improvements, otherwise I am giving up!

cricket_dorshok
July 24, 2007, 08:27 AM
JO ki jadi jane, somehow he manages to comeback in every occasion.

Rifat
July 24, 2007, 09:40 AM
tushar have had enough chances, anyways here is my squad and batting lineup:

Javed Omor
Tamim Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Sakibul Hasan
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Farhad Reza
Mahmudullah Riyad
Abdur Razzak
Shahadat Hossain/Mashrafee Mortaza
Syed Rasel

**Nafees should be kept out along with Tushar, i think they had a chance to prove themselves...

* i would like to see Ashraful bowl for maybe a couple of overs...

allahu akbar! for the first time, my squad prediction came true, let's hope they use the same batting lineup i prescribed and let's see some good performance inshallah

shehani
July 24, 2007, 09:56 AM
yeeeppiiieeeee, I'm going to the stadium to watch the match 2mrw.....

Miraz
July 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
Mod bhaijanera, thread ta te ektu "Atha" lagaibena?

Nafis_BD
July 24, 2007, 10:11 AM
src: TC
All right I am giving up with BD cricket. This is painful to watch that their body language is so pathetic and sluggish. They already gave up and not giving 100% of their efforts. I will post one last time if I see improvements, otherwise I am giving up!

Hmmmm they look like dead bodies. I guess you are right SS bhaiya, looks like they don't have any determination to win atleast one match. Dissapointed!!

Anher
July 24, 2007, 10:43 AM
Good timing! you are going to watch a well-contest match at last. Bangladesh will come out with a win tomorrow. Even though your team will lose you will be enjoying the match. Guranteed. i bet $10000 on bangladesh tomorrow. I gonna make $100000 and Srilanka team will get a percentage of it.

Dhruvo
July 24, 2007, 10:46 AM
Good timing! you are going to watch a well-contest match at last. Bangladesh will come out with a win tomorrow. Even though your team will lose you will be enjoying the match. Guranteed. i bet $10000 on bangladesh tomorrow. I gonna make $100000 and Srilanka team will get a percentage of it.
I_Knockout_U are you from bd and if you are then are you a Muslim because betting is haram in Islam.

cricket_dorshok
July 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
I_Knockout_U are you from bd and if you are then are you a Muslim because betting is haram in Islam.
A Bangladeshi born and brought up and his/her next generation living outside is also haram!

Sohel
July 24, 2007, 11:23 AM

So is batting from the looks of how our batsmen have been playing.

PS: Please don't pontificate, and let Allah sort it out. Wahabi-type imposition is haram also as that line of lunacy plays intermediary between man's salvation and Allah. Read the holy Quraan youself my brother, you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

akabir77
July 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
Scorecard for tomorrows game
Javed Omor 35+ from 86+ balls
Tamim Iqbal 2 runout by golla
Aftab Ahmed 49 caught
Sakibul Hasan 10+-
Mohammad Ashraful 77+
Mushfiqur Rahim 26
Farhad Reza 21+- (from less balls)
Mahmudullah Riyad 16 (from less ball)
Abdur Razzak did not bat
Shahadat Hossain did not bat
Syed Rasel did not bat

we score 200+ and we will win by 30 runs Inshallah

Rommel
July 24, 2007, 11:45 AM
So the match starts at 12:30 A.M. Eastern time right?

shehani
July 24, 2007, 12:00 PM

Indeed good timing;) ,,,,, Well well...... we'll c whether Bangladesh can give us a better challenge....... I'm sure our guyz need competetive cricket tooE-) ..... I really want Ashraful to win the toss , so then SL can Bat first and can give a reasonable for Bangladesh to chase.......:wave:

Omio
July 24, 2007, 12:13 PM
Is it day night match?

Sadz
July 24, 2007, 12:14 PM
I reaaly hope we can beat them cos in all the other ODI's we played we did somethings good(e.g.bowling ) but didnt get the end result. Go tigerz whoever you are, wheter its Ashraful or Rasel!

Sadz
July 24, 2007, 12:15 PM
Shehani do you think we will flop or we will give a fighting performance even though its not up to you?

Nafis_BD
July 24, 2007, 12:16 PM
I really hope we show some fight this match!!

Miraz
July 24, 2007, 12:33 PM
Mod bhaijanera, thread ta te ektu "Atha" lagaibena?

Glue koi?

Are bhai eto disheartened hoien na. :)

Omio
July 24, 2007, 12:52 PM
Glue koi?

karo kono khobor nai,:-p

nasimul
July 24, 2007, 12:52 PM
Glue koi?

Ashar alo to kothao dekhshina ;) .

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 12:56 PM
Haire Bangladesh team ... I am wary of raising my hopes again.

Fazal
July 24, 2007, 01:24 PM
Glue koi?

Maamr Money Hoi Unara Glue to lagaichilo...kintu money hoi Gingirar glue...

Murad
July 24, 2007, 01:25 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/07/25/2007-07-25__sp01.jpg

Bangladesh vice-captain Mashrafe Bin Mortaza plays video games in his hotel room as he rests his sprained right ankle in Colombo on Tuesday(Right). PHOTO: TIGERCRICKET.COM

"I know we are under pressure following one after another defeat but for every cricketer it is a dream moment to make international debut. So I am excited to play and contribute something for the team," said Riyad, who was spotted by a local coach in his hometown during a school tournament.

"I want to be a perfect all-rounder. I have a long goal but right at the moment my only desire is to show something in my first game," said Riyad, who recalled his elder brother Emdadullah Raju's contribution to his career.

Murad
July 24, 2007, 01:26 PM
Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/07/25/d70725040130.htm)

The repeated failures understandably dented the confidence of Bangladesh captain Ashraful, who surprised everybody by commenting that Javed Omar is the best opener to deal the new ball.

Although the thin-tank's sentiment was to go for the same opening pair for the third match in succession, Ashraful was desperate to bring Javed in place of Shahriar Nafees, who stayed with the team following the Test series because of the skipper's interest.

"Nafees was the highest scorer (33) in the first one-day to give us a good start but still, I prefer Javed because I believe he has the ability to survive against the new ball. Yes, Tamim also failed in both matches but I have the confidence on this guy," explained the 23-year-old yesterday.

Everyone was convinced about Tushar Imran's fate after the right-hander's failure in five innings but no one was in favour of Javed except Ashraful.

"I think Javed was picked up because the planning is to keep as many wickets as possible in the first twenty overs and that might be the reason for the captain's preferring Javed," said selector Akram Khan, who believes that Nafees is the future of the team.

Ashraful, however, said that they made the two changes for the final match with hopes to win at least one game in the series.

"We have to bat well if we want to return home with some solace. And we made the changes to boost our batting. We wanted to see someone like Riyad because Tushar failed to deliver in the last five innings although we had very high hopes on him," said Ashraful. Most of the Tigers might be distressed towards the end of a dour tour but there was a reason for 21-year-old all-rounder Riyad from Mymensingh to be excited as his dream to play in the national side comes true.
Lets see if JO can live up to his captain's wishes..

nasimul
July 24, 2007, 01:31 PM
Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/07/25/d70725040130.htm)

Javed Omar is the best opener to deal the new ball.

:floor: naki :hairpull: bujshi na.

Murad
July 24, 2007, 01:34 PM
:floor: naki :hairpull: bujshi na.

Its actually true.. Yes he's slow but he really can deal with the new ball...

Miraz
July 24, 2007, 01:40 PM
Hahahaaha, Ashraful sob pechaiya feltese, polapian manush :)

Nafis_BD
July 24, 2007, 02:20 PM
Mods can this thread be a sticky cause it's really hard to find this thread for me!!!

damalChele
July 24, 2007, 03:41 PM
Hahahaaha, Ashraful sob pechaiya feltese, polapian manush :)

Kije koibar losen bhai. I echo with Ash's view on JO. I have been crying out for JO. We need someone with "Test cricket" mentality for the first 20 overs. JO fits perfectly for this role. I will always go with JO + (SN or Tamim). An attacking minded batsman and someone with low strike rate is the perfect combo for us. It's of course is an opinion. I think our boys panic when they see 30 runs for 4 wickets inside 12 overs and mentally they think it's already over. These boys are young. The only way can be motivated to come on the pitch and perform is if they don't lose hope. Losing early wickets puts pressure on the top orders and eventually we collapse. I really don't want to see no 5/6th batsman on the middle of the park after 4/5 overs. I'd rather see JO scoring 70 runs off 110 balls than see SN scoring 30 runs off 17 balls.

rah
July 24, 2007, 03:46 PM

:-D hopefully u will wotcha good game but dont feel dat bad hearted afta your team lose.........

Rommel
July 24, 2007, 04:16 PM
What time does the match start?

Rifat
July 24, 2007, 07:29 PM
:-D hopefully u will wotcha good game but dont feel dat bad hearted afta your team lose.........

we still believe we will win... come on players at least be confident and give it your best shot, cause when will be the next time you will have fun in the TV, september? december? next year?

Omio
July 24, 2007, 07:53 PM
Look at this, S.Rasel open of BD A innings for 2/3 times, interesting,
http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/BDESH-A_IN_ZIM/SCORECARDS/

nahaz
July 24, 2007, 08:28 PM
You know the best thing we could get from this match?Newcomers Farhad Reza and Riad combining to win the match for us,maybe finish off the match, with the help of Ash,Aftab ,Javed and Rasel(bowling).

nahaz
July 24, 2007, 08:30 PM
You know I totally don't expect anyting from the match tho....and thatose are the only times they win.By the way, I thought the players are meditating on the ground, didn't realize they look a bit down,lol

Rifat
July 24, 2007, 08:37 PM
i hope we have 100% spirit and the "dance"

Rifat
July 24, 2007, 08:39 PM
but why do i have a horrible feeling we will graciously lose today??

shehani
July 24, 2007, 08:58 PM
Shehani do you think we will flop or we will give a fighting performance even though its not up to you?

Yes I do think Bangladesh will give SL a good fight this time:) , But the sad news is , itz kind of raining out here:( :( :(

sadi
July 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
but why do i have a horrible feeling we will graciously lose today??

Its not just a feeling but there is also 90 percent probablity of happening that way.

Murad
July 24, 2007, 09:11 PM
Yes I do think Bangladesh will give SL a good fight this time:) , But the sad news is , itz kind of raining out here:( :( :(

oh... thts bad

but dont worryy we still have 2 n half hrs before the game starts....

Protic
July 24, 2007, 09:18 PM
Gluck Bangladesh and Sri Lanka :)

shehani
July 24, 2007, 09:19 PM
oh... thts bad

but dont worryy we still have 2 n half hrs before the game starts....

yeah....:-| , im praying not to rain anymore, coz i want to watch full dayz cricket....

Rommel
July 24, 2007, 09:19 PM
What time does the match start?

Protic
July 24, 2007, 09:23 PM
ro : 10:30 AM

shehani
July 24, 2007, 09:27 PM
ro : 10:30 AM

Itz 10.00 Am from SL time......

shehani
July 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
Current Conditions,

75 °F / 24 °C
Light Showers Rain

Chance of Rain
20% chance of precipitation

Rifat
July 24, 2007, 09:37 PM
shehani, are you in your laptop in the stadium?

Rommel
July 24, 2007, 09:37 PM
Current Conditions,

75 °F / 24 °C
Light Showers Rain

Chance of Rain
20% chance of precipitation

Good news.

series
July 24, 2007, 09:57 PM
Wat do u guyz expect from riyad...

shehani
July 24, 2007, 09:58 PM
shehani, are you in your laptop in the stadium?

no yaar, im still at home N im leaving from another 1 hrz time.......

I'll try to catch up sum picz for url;)

shehani
July 24, 2007, 09:59 PM
Good news.

itz not good, seill thrz 20% possibility of raining

series
July 24, 2007, 09:59 PM
no yaar, im still at home N im leaving from another 1 hrz time.......

I'll try to catch up with sum picz for url;)

:wave: :wave:

shehani
July 24, 2007, 10:01 PM
:wave: :wave:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Murad
July 24, 2007, 10:15 PM
Shehani, hows the weather there now?? still raining or it hasnt stopped yet???

shehani
July 24, 2007, 10:17 PM
it has stopped........ but im not so sure abt the weather today, but we can have the match i guess....

shovon13
July 24, 2007, 10:39 PM
Assessment of the match by ashraful
"I was again impressed with the effort in the field and the bowlers were excellent. They kept a tight line and the fielders backed them up. But again if the runs don’t come from the top-order then you can not expect the bowlers to win a game for you. At 26/4 we were almost out of the game."

that sounds to me as if he is not taking the responsibility upon himself. he was well set with aftab batting magnificently - but he sees it as if he saved his team from some blushes by putting up a meagre 50 runs partnership. he is the biggest reason why we lost the last match.

shovon13
July 24, 2007, 10:44 PM
i dont even know why ashraful still doesn't bat up the order - seeing how our top order keeps collapsing no matter who we try there. being the captain - and the supposedly best batsman of the team - he needs to start coming in at 3 and take it upon himself to build an inning for his team.

Anher
July 24, 2007, 10:49 PM
[বাংলা]
আইজকা হইব খেলা। শ্রীলংকার আইজ খবর আছে।
[/বাংলা]

Murad
July 24, 2007, 10:54 PM
[I]
that sounds to me as if he is not taking the responsibility upon himself. he was well set with aftab batting magnificently - but he sees it as if he saved his team from some blushes by putting up a meagre 50 runs partnership. he [B]is the biggest reason why we lost the last match.

So you saying we lost the match because of him.. hm.... genius bro.... hes also responsible for the top order to fall one after another....as hes the captain.... right???

Murad
July 24, 2007, 10:55 PM
it has stopped........ but im not so sure abt the weather today, but we can have the match i guess....

oh ok thanks.. we will have the match..inshallah.. dont worry.... you have fun there in the stadium.. and dont forget to take some pictures for us..

habfreak
July 24, 2007, 10:58 PM
gadhar baccha selector...its the batting that flopped throught out this tour and now they are making changes to play more bowlers...what freakin sense soes that make?

series
July 24, 2007, 11:03 PM
gadhar baccha selector...its the batting that flopped throught out this tour and now they are making changes to play more bowlers...what freakin sense soes that make?

What changes did they make to play more bowlers???:mad:

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:07 PM
OK guys ... the 3rd and final match looms. Will it be another demoralizing defeat for Bangladesh? Or does a sparkling victory await us all?

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:10 PM
Mashrafe Mortaza, Shahriar Nafees, and Tushar Imran are out ... they are replaced by Shahadat Hossain, Javed Omar, and Mahmudullah Riyadh respectively.

Russell2k7
July 24, 2007, 11:11 PM
Man we are on a loosing streak. We need this win to break the shackles.

Anher
July 24, 2007, 11:12 PM
OK guys ... the 3rd and final match looms. Will it be another demoralizing defeat for Bangladesh? Or does a sparkling victory await us all?

what do you think i bet $10000 on bangladesh for? i gonna make $100000.

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:13 PM
what do you think i bet $10000 on bangladesh for? i gonna make $100000.

Not a healthy deal at all, bud.

But I hope you win, anyways :)

Murad
July 24, 2007, 11:13 PM
i dont want a win.. I just want to see a good score... a score of around 220-240 runs...

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
Bangladesh has won the toss and elected to defeat the SLns miserably :D

Murad
July 24, 2007, 11:14 PM

what are you talking about??

riad
July 24, 2007, 11:15 PM
GREAT. I think today is the day.
Bangladesh has won the toss and elected to defeat the SLns miserably :D

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:17 PM
Cricinfo Headline reads: Chance for Bangladesh to Save Face

...and I think we ALL agree. Ameen!

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:17 PM
btw, anyone has links?

ialbd
July 24, 2007, 11:18 PM
bismillah..... dekhi ajke ki ase kopale....

pilot fan
July 24, 2007, 11:19 PM
here we all are again more in hope than exspectation

Murad
July 24, 2007, 11:20 PM
Overnight rain delays start

Electrequiem
Match delayed by a wet outfield

Anher
Not a healthy deal at all, bud.

But I hope you win, anyways :)

Havent lost a single bet on bangladesh yet. Believe me. Win assured.
Won the toss a very small step towards the goal

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:21 PM
Havent lost a single bet on bangladesh yet. Believe me. Win assured.
Won the toss a very small step towards the goal

we dont know if we won the toss just yet ... i was just trying to crack a joke :)

series
July 24, 2007, 11:22 PM
Match delayed.....

Go_Bangladesh
July 24, 2007, 11:22 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:23 PM
9.45 am Bad news I'm afriad, it had rained last night and there were showers this morning as well. The good news is that it isn't raining at the moment but the start of the game will be delayed. The covers are on the outfield. The pitch and the square, however, are uncovered and dry. It's the outfield that is the concern and there are a few large puddles on the covers. The umpires will inspect the conditions in about 15 minutes and take a decision on when play can start ...

Murad
July 24, 2007, 11:24 PM
edited....

Anher
lets see whether my fiance get angry whle turn on the tv

Rifat
[বাংলা]
আইজকা হইব খেলা। শ্রীলংকার আইজ খবর আছে।
[/বাংলা]

inshallah, we believe in you tigers

series
Really bad news, i'm also afraid....

al Furqaan
dammit...anyone watching how long does the delay look like?

rubel_18
July 24, 2007, 11:26 PM
the ApnaiTV link hasnt even started yet, is still shows Direct TV, wen is it gonna start

Murad
July 24, 2007, 11:27 PM
The official word is that the umpires have decided to come in at 04:30 GMT which is just 15 minutes away from now to have a look at the present condidtions and decide by how much time the game gets delayed. We are hopeful to have play in about 45 minutes time. Stay connected for more news about this match...

Russell2k7
Man This form of Whitewash is the fraustrating one.

Murad
the ApnaiTV link hasnt even started yet, is still shows Direct TV, wen is it gonna start

samething with cricketspot link

tithykarim
July 24, 2007, 11:29 PM
does anyone have the link wheir i can watch the game plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Haradhon
July 24, 2007, 11:30 PM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/282497.html?alt=1http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/303476.html?alt=1Just wondering if Mahmudullah Riad and Kumar Sangakarra are related (or brothers)?

Murad
July 24, 2007, 11:31 PM
Well, I would also like to let you know that there is a reserve day as well for this game, i.e rain day and if in the worst case scenario, the game does not get completed, the players can always come out tomorrow and play this final ODI

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:32 PM
covers are coming off.

Russell2k7
July 24, 2007, 11:32 PM
Now thats nice Murad but I wanna game today!

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:34 PM
nevermind, that was just one cover from the east side.

Sohel
July 24, 2007, 11:34 PM
They're showing "highlights" from the 2nd ODI on Ten Sports ... the umps are supposed to inspect the ground in 5 to 10 minutes according to Manja Mia.

shammun
July 24, 2007, 11:35 PM
does anyone have the link wheir i can watch the game plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.daruchini.com go and enjoy...;)

Murad
July 24, 2007, 11:36 PM
Now thats nice Murad but I wanna game today!

Don't worry.. the game will start in 30 mins time.. only 3 more covers are there...as there puddles on the cover which are being dried....

Electrequiem
Why dont they get gigantic vacuums to suck up the puddles?

al Furqaan
covers are coming off...is that good news?

baagh
July 24, 2007, 11:37 PM

Karo kach chey ki khela sekhar link ach chey?

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:37 PM
Seems like the sun is out a bit, and the outfield looks pretty decent to me. I speculate that the match should start 5-10 mins after the inspection takes place.

Kabir
July 24, 2007, 11:38 PM
As far as I can see, they're moving the covers.

Murad
July 24, 2007, 11:38 PM
damn...too much crows in srilanka....

tithykarim
July 24, 2007, 11:39 PM
thanks http://www.daruchini.com go and enjoy...;)

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:39 PM
ah, the familiar sight of the crows. I miss subcontinental crows, the ones down here are too sophisticated.

tithykarim
July 24, 2007, 11:40 PM
thanks

Rizvi
Any idea what position Riyad might bat?

Beamer
damn...too much crows in srilanka....

pati kak na dar kak?

Sohel
July 24, 2007, 11:41 PM
Is Crowe the 3rd ump in this one as well?

tithykarim
hope bd will win today

Electrequiem
I'm guessing we should have play in 20 mins time?

Rizvi
Here goes the second cover....2 down 1 to go!!

Kabir
pati kak na dar kak?

Kauwa...ka ka kortase...
actually, i'm enjoying the ka ka awaj...it's been quite a while since i've heard it :(

Murad
pati kak na dar kak?

bhai shegulo abar kemon??

Sohel
pati kak na dar kak?

Too early to tell ...

shammun
wats da news

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:42 PM
SL has a bit of work to do to get their stadiums ready for the next WC

Kabir
July 24, 2007, 11:42 PM
1/5th of the covers came off. They're working on the rest of them.

shammun
July 24, 2007, 11:43 PM
acha nafis re basia ki love holo..golla r batting bhalo lage na dakte....stupid player

baagh
Hope Bangladesh wins the match today.
Can I watch the game anywhere without installing sopcast
Dhonnobad

Beamer
Any idea what position Riyad might bat?

batting card should look like this : 1 golla ( more lives than a cat ) 2 tamim 3 aftab ( should have played there from day 1 ) 4 sakib 5 ash ( he likes 5 ) 6 mushy 7 riad 8 reza 9 razzak 10 shahadt 11 rasel

Rizvi
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/282497.html?alt=1http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/inline/content/image/303476.html?alt=1Just wondering if Mahmudullah Riad and Kumar Sangakarra are related (or brothers)?

No resemblences what-so-ever. You need glasses!

Murad
3 more covers to go...

shammun
July 24, 2007, 11:44 PM
ajka kano jani mon e hacha jita jabo...insallah

BonBon
July 24, 2007, 11:45 PM
salam bhaijan and apa ra..ke kemon achen :)

Murad
July 24, 2007, 11:45 PM
i think the game will start at 1:00 Am eastern time... only 3 more covers to go...

Rizvi
July 24, 2007, 11:46 PM
ajka kano jani mon e hacha jita jabo...insallah

Ay shob jinish prottek din mone hoi....kintu konodin shotti hoi na!!!

habfreak
Too early to tell ...
mane...pati kak na daar kak..eita bujhte abar too early hoi kemne? :D btw amar mone hoi pati kak..anyone wanna bet on that since there is no cricket at the moment?

Rifat
acha nafis re basia ki love holo..golla r batting bhalo lage na dakte....stupid player

hey, man i am offended by that unnecessary remark, never call any bangladehi player stupid again.

al Furqaan
July 24, 2007, 11:47 PM
starting to move another one...2.5 more to go

BonBon
July 24, 2007, 11:47 PM
yessss..one more cover coming off

Rizvi
July 24, 2007, 11:48 PM
2.149 now

rubel_18
July 24, 2007, 11:48 PM
No resemblences what-so-ever. You need glasses!

No not glasses, an eye transplant

BonBon
July 24, 2007, 11:49 PM
nope..the removed cover had an underwear -- err undercover (?)

Kabir
July 24, 2007, 11:49 PM
Update: 2/5th of the covers are off.

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:50 PM
I heard tony greig's voice! should be good news...

Nabil-Jpn
bristir jonnei amora khelte pari na. Pitch thake jogonno? Tai SL easily jite jasse?

epitaph

study the game a little, become a whole-hearted Bangladesh fan, tokhon thik thik bhalo lagbe.

Beamer
bhai shegulo abar kemon??

pati kak : size e choto compared to dar kak, dhushor borner gola, usually outnumbers darkak by 10:1 in Dhaka, very organized, clever stealing food from kids, gangs up on people if one of their kind is in trouble - team work bhalo..amader player der shikha uchit..

dar kak : shompurno kalo borno, solitary or not more than 3-4 in a group, selfish type, korkosh gola, good at chasing badoor, chil (falcons )..

Nabil-Jpn
July 24, 2007, 11:51 PM
toni ki kore?

Electrequiem
July 24, 2007, 11:51 PM
'tis very sunny now.

habfreak
July 24, 2007, 11:52 PM
tony Greig pagol hoe gese...ki jani ulta palta boltese birbir koira...but the good news is somebody is atleast talking mneaning game might start soon.:D

Miraz
July 24, 2007, 11:52 PM
Zee Guzrati channel to cheat korlo!! Cricket package kinlam aar TV khuila dekhi offline abar subscribe korte bole. 3rd ODI miss.

Bhaijanera kono free link ache naki? :)

Beamer
July 24, 2007, 11:53 PM
hey, man i am offended by that unnecessary remark, never call any bangladehi player stupid again.

why? shob Einstein er chele naki ?

crikss
July 24, 2007, 11:54 PM
the main question for todays game is

can bangladesh batsman survive today???

Kabir
Update: 4/5th of the covers removed. 1/5th remaining.

al Furqaan
final cover coming off...lots of sun at the moment

things look good.

Sohel
July 24, 2007, 11:55 PM
pati kak : size e choto compared to dar kak, dhushor borner gola, usually outnumbers darkak by 10:1 in Dhaka, very organized, clever stealing food from kids, gangs up on people if one of their kind is in trouble - team work bhalo..amader player der shikha uchit..

dar kak : shompurno kalo borno, solitary or not more than 3-4 in a group, selfish type, korkosh gola, good at chasing badoor, chil (falcons )..

Pati: What we need to be.

Dar: What we are, especially the "selfish type" part.

Kabir
July 24, 2007, 11:56 PM
Zee Guzrati channel to cheat korlo!! Cricket package kinlam aar TV khuila dekhi offline abar subscribe korte bole. 3rd ODI miss.

Ekhon pasher desher shommonde kisu koile to shobai amar upor jhapaiya porbe. Anyway, pasher desher karo loge deal korte gele ektu bujhe shune. Speaking from experience.

tiger_omar
July 24, 2007, 11:56 PM
:flag: Good to hear about the covers coming off, InshAllah Bangladesh will save face and battle it out against Srilanka even if we don't win today. Let's hope we will fight to the finish and that our batting supports our bowlers a little. GO BANGLADESH GO!!!:flag:

Kabir
July 24, 2007, 11:57 PM
Is that a bit of water between the inner and outer circle?

habfreak
July 24, 2007, 11:58 PM
Pati: What we need to be.

Dar: What we are, especially the "selfish type" part.
now i understand your "Too early to tell" joke :D

Murad

wow.. nice..
thanks... beamar bhai.... didnt know that...hmm interesting..

Go_Bangladesh
all covers are off, tony was talking about geoff boycott's great innings, maybe tensports is showing that innings and just needed a intro from greig, just a guess

BonBon
July 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
no covers now but lots of crows

tiger_omar
July 24, 2007, 11:59 PM
What's wrong with the Cricinfo scoreboard?

sharefaisal
July 25, 2007, 12:00 AM
10.25 am The umpires, Asoka de Silva and Rudi Koertzen, will inspect the conditions at 11.00 am and take a decision on when play can start. You'll have the news as soon as I do ...

Murad
July 25, 2007, 12:00 AM
What's wrong with the Cricinfo scoreboard?

brishtite vije geche...

Anher
July 25, 2007, 12:02 AM
Asoka de silva umpire!!! HMMMM. [বাংলা] ধর[/বাংলা]

Murad
July 25, 2007, 12:04 AM
10.25 am The umpires, Asoka de Silva and Rudi Koertzen, will inspect the conditions at 11.00 am and take a decision on when play can start. You'll have the news as soon as I do ...

damn.. aro 30mins... 1:30 am ET... ajke vabhsi 2ta porjonto khela dekhe ghumiye jabo.. then sokale uthe.. jodi baki thake kisu dekhbo... but mone hoi ajke ar khela dekha hobena....:(

tiger_omar
brishtite vije geche...

:lol:

It's funny at first, but since I don't have a link for this match I realised that it's gonna be hard to follow this match. Hopefully CI will start working soon.

But can some please PM a link or post it on the fourm. Thank you.

Electrequiem

why the delay?

Electrequiem
July 25, 2007, 12:05 AM
Why am I complaining ... gives me more time to study for my sociology exam tomorrow.

Beamer
no covers now but lots of crows

I like watching the seagulls in WACA ground at Perth. Or is it Brisbane?

Electrequiem
Ekhon pasher desher shommonde kisu koile to shobai amar upor jhapaiya porbe. Anyway, pasher desher karo loge deal korte gele ektu bujhe shune. Speaking from experience.

Second that, kabir bhai.

Murad
July 25, 2007, 12:06 AM
Why am I complaining ... gives me more time to study for my sociology exam tomorrow.

[বাংলা]good luck[/বাংলা]..

Electrequiem
July 25, 2007, 12:07 AM
umpires seem to be out on the field right now ... those little white top -- black bottom specks are umps, arent they?

Beamer
Second that, kabir bhai.

Man..leave the Mexicans alone. Don't be Lou Dobsian...

Electrequiem
good luck..
thanks, mate. I hope I have better luck than BD batsmen facing Murali.

Sohel
1. Golla's target- Score a few boundaries and get on AK's good side for the 20/20 WC.
2. Tamim's target- Play his "natural" game with an SR of less than 62%.
3. Aftab- Prove to everybody that leaving him out of any BD side should be deemed criminal.
4. Ash- Stay "positive".
5. Shakib- Clueless and squinting.
6. Mushy- Stay positive.
7. Farhad- Sokka maira oud !!!
8. MM Riyad- Clueless and wide-eyed.
9. Razzak- Sokka maira oud !!!
10. Rajib- Block away and rotate the strike, no matter what the situation.
11. Rasel- No batting goals.

Electrequiem
July 25, 2007, 12:08 AM
Man..leave the Mexicans alone. Don't be Lou Dobsian...

bhaijan ... we meant "pasher desh" ... not "darn mexicans"

Sohel
July 25, 2007, 12:08 AM
I like watching the seagulls in WACA ground at Perth. Or is it Brisbane?

Perth.

Murad
July 25, 2007, 12:09 AM

It's funny at first, but since I don't have a link for this match I realised that it's gonna be hard to follow this match. Hopefully CI will start working soon.

But can some please PM a link or post it on the fourm. Thank you.

lolz.. i was kidding... its fixed now..

theres a link in the last page..

tiger_omar
July 25, 2007, 12:10 AM
thanks, mate. I hope I have better luck than BD batsmen facing Murali.

I hope so too, if not you will be in a lot of trouble for your exam. Good luck on your exam still.:up:

al Furqaan
July 25, 2007, 12:11 AM
they need to get 100 homeless people pay em 100 dollars to grab some towels and fix that problem up at long on...play could start in 10 mins.

Electrequiem
July 25, 2007, 12:11 AM
folks, anyone kind enough to help me out with some things for my sociology exam tomorrow? I need to understand the concept of "I, me, and the Generalized Other" by GH Mead.

Beamer
July 25, 2007, 12:12 AM
1. Golla's target- Score a few boundaries and get on AK's good side for the 20/20 WC.
2. Tamim's target- Play his "natural" game with an SR of less than 62%.
3. Aftab- Prove to everybody that leaving him out of any BD side should be deemed criminal.
4. Ash- Stay "positive".
5. Shakib- Clueless and squinting.
6. Mushy- Stay positive.
7. Farhad- Sokka maira oud !!!
8. MM Riyad- Clueless and wide-eyed.
9. Razzak- Sokka maira oud !!!
10. Rajib- Block away and rotate the strike, no matter what the situation.
11. Rasel- No batting goals.

Point no.3 is critical. How could we leave a guy like this out? Had it with these selectors. I was actually pretty happy with them since they took over, all the way to the WC, barring a few wrong steps here and there. But, since the India series, up until now- complete jogakhichuri..time to go. Four years is a long time. However, I am not impressed with AK at all..

Electrequiem
July 25, 2007, 12:12 AM

I hope so too, if not you will be in a lot of trouble for your exam. Good luck on your exam still.:up:

thanks, mate:)

Murad
July 25, 2007, 12:13 AM
everything looking fine..but why a long delay????

BonBon
July 25, 2007, 12:13 AM

Just remember that 'socialism is too idealistic, and is like a sugar coating on the real deep desires (which are capitalistic) of the human being':-D

Beamer
July 25, 2007, 12:14 AM
bhaijan ... we meant "pasher desh" ... not "darn mexicans"
I know..I know..just trying to be funny...kotha holo kon pashe? tin pashe i to ache tara..uttor, poshim, purbo..jaiben koi?

Rizvi
July 25, 2007, 12:15 AM
These Sri Lankan channels are so unorganized!!!

Electrequiem
July 25, 2007, 12:15 AM
Abeynaike ... deja vu!

Electrequiem
July 25, 2007, 12:16 AM
I know..I know..just trying to be funny...kotha holo kon pashe? tin pashe i to ache tara..uttor, poshim, purbo..jaiben koi?

Shagore jhap dimu :)

Rizvi
This is comedy...

tiger_omar
So if the match starts at 11:30 am local time, does anybody know how long the match will be, I mean how many overs match will it be?

BonBon
July 25, 2007, 12:17 AM
looks like abenaike has arthritis and senile bone loss

and the pitch looks like a BD graveyeard

Sohel
Point no.3 is critical. How could we leave a guy like this out? Had it with these selectors. I was actually pretty happy with them since they took over, all the way to the WC, barring a few wrong steps here and there. But, since the India series, up until now- complete jogakhichuri..time to go. Four years is a long time. However, I am not impressed with AK at all..

AK's powerless and will remain so until Ata and the F-word hit the road on the 31st ... no lie.

Beamer
Perth.

Of course..Perth it is. Love that ground ( or atleast used to ) with balls flying all over the place. Has been losing its character a bit lately. Not as fast as it used to be. kinda like the old Barbados.

The game overall has become too batsmen friendly. amader kotha alada..

cricket_pagol
July 25, 2007, 12:18 AM
They just did the pitch report, they will be using the same pitch that was used for the last game.

Beamer
July 25, 2007, 12:19 AM
AK's powerless and will remain so until Ata and the F-word hit the road on the 31st ... no lie.

Really? Lets hope so man..

rah
These Sri Lankan channels are so unorganized!!!

lool

BonBon
If they are afraid the toss the coin..they could toss asoka d silva!!

shammun
July 25, 2007, 12:21 AM
khobor ki ?

Beamer
July 25, 2007, 12:21 AM
Shagore jhap dimu :)

golla re shathe koira niya jaben kintu..:lol:

baagh
July 25, 2007, 12:22 AM
since there is no video link...does anyone have any audio link

Rumz_01
July 25, 2007, 12:23 AM

(or do we alredi no this? lol)

Murad
theres a video link..
dharuchini or something look for it in page 5.. u willl see that

Beamer

Got a new one for you Sohel.

HaBa was original. Now you have the Fa ruk - Ata combo = FaTa

Sohel
July 25, 2007, 12:24 AM
Really? Lets hope so man..

AK's no dudhe bheja poddophul, but he'll do a better job than F and A. I think the next coach should be the head selector and should be given the additional task of creating a transparent and reasonable selection process that includes talent assessment and development standards and modalities. Broken record.

Murad
July 25, 2007, 12:24 AM
i think we will have a 45/45 game... today...

Sohel
July 25, 2007, 12:26 AM
Got a new one for you Sohel.

HaBa was original. Now you have the Fa ruk - Ata combo = FaTa

Good one. They're both being investigated by the NSC by the way, and soon more formally by the ACC by way of Coco, Lobi, Anam and Tito ...

Beamer
July 25, 2007, 12:29 AM
AK's no dudhe bheja poddophul, but he'll do a better job than F and A. I think the next coach should be the head selector and should be given the additional task of creating a transparent and reasonable selection process that includes talent assessment and development standards and modalities. Broken record.

It seemed to me that Ash has been overriding AK in this series, specially with SN. Thats why I thought he was being passive, not impessive. I agree with you though. New caoch will have a good three-four months to assess players, since we won't be playing for a while. He will be able to do his homework before taking the field.

PoorFan
July 25, 2007, 12:30 AM
The match could be over within 10 overs, yet we have to wait for hours for the start?! When and how can we get some peace in mind?

rubel_18
July 25, 2007, 12:31 AM

(or do we alredi no this? lol)

Yes we do!!!!