PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the 20 twenty world cup

Dhruvo
July 24, 2007, 04:44 AM
who will win the 20/20 world cup,tell what is your prediction.

Surfer
July 24, 2007, 05:11 AM
The team that has the smartest bowlers will win the T-20 world cup. I would have named Srilanka straight away but Murali has already opted out of T-20s. Australia and SA have got good chances. Asian teams havent yet played enough T-20 to make a mark this time. If the Pakistani speedsters hit form (which I doubt), they have a chance. But their batting looks suspect for T-20.

rah
July 24, 2007, 09:08 AM
australia by far as srii lanka will hyave no murali........

Omio
July 24, 2007, 10:42 AM
Bangladesh..

Dhruvo
July 24, 2007, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah bangldesh is leading and this is my 500th post :)

Nafis_BD
July 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
Congrats Dhrubo bhaiya!!

Dhruvo
July 24, 2007, 11:12 AM
Congrats Dhrubo bhaiya!!
Thanks nafis bhaiya.

Rifat
July 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
i don't expect anything from bangladesh since it is our first go, but you never know...

i voted West Indies from my "unusual perspective"

Nafi
July 24, 2007, 11:56 AM
Bangladesh are undefeated in Twenty20, theyre ranked number two behind Australia..

Surfer
July 24, 2007, 11:58 AM
I voted for India out of sheer patriotism. Just couldnt bear that zero against India:(

rah
July 24, 2007, 01:32 PM
bangladesh only has the raw experience of one gamne, but we will be a good side to wotch in dis tournament

Dhruvo
July 24, 2007, 02:14 PM
Tamim and aftab will be the guys on the spotlight for bd.

Nafis_BD
July 24, 2007, 02:24 PM
Voted for Bangladesh as we have lots of players who have the Sr for Twenty20 but since this is just their 2nd time I wouldn't expect much right away!!

damalChele
July 24, 2007, 03:46 PM
I voted for BD. I am of course a patriot. Haven't watched any real 20-20 so can't really say much.

abdulrahee
July 24, 2007, 11:01 PM
T20 must not be taken seriously it is just a festival game i think pakistan has a very good chance because of return of akhtar and asif there bowling become really good because they have two 90+ bowlers and they also have afridi.malik.razzaq.hafeez.nazeer and alam in thier ranks

but it is very difficult to pridict

MohammedC
July 26, 2007, 06:19 PM
ICC announces T20 umpires
Agence France-Presse . Karachi
The International Cricket Council Thursday announced the umpires and match referees for the inaugural Twenty20 world championships, excluding five involved in April’s shambolic World Cup final.
‘A total of three ICC match referees and nine umpires will officiate during the 27-match Twenty20 World Cup, which is scheduled to take place from 11-24 September in South Africa,’ an ICC press release said.
The three referees, all from the ICC Elite Panel, are headed by former Sri Lanka captain Ranjan Madugalle and include Mike Procter, the former South Africa all-rounder and ex-England opening batsman Chris Broad.
The nine umpires include five officials from the ICC Elite Panel, namely Australians Daryl Harper and Simon Taufel, England’s Mark Benson, Billy Doctrove of the West Indies, and Asad Rauf from Pakistan.
The four other umpires, who are from the ICC International Panel, are Steve Davis of Australia, South African Ian Howell, England’s Nigel Llong and Tony Hill from New Zealand.
The match appointments for the opening stage of the tournament will be made and announced in due course, said the release.
The ICC however said that it had left out all five officials who were responsible for the bungled end to the World Cup final in the West Indies earlier this year.
It announced the decision to omit them last month.
Australia’s victory against Sri Lanka in the showpiece match in Barbados on April 28 was overshadowed by a farcical climax brought about by a failure to apply a standard playing condition.
Referee Jeff Crowe, on-field umpires Steve Bucknor and Aleem Dar, third umpire Rudi Koertzen and reserve official Billy Bowden incorrectly ruled, after a stoppage for bad light, the game had to continue even though the required minimum of 20 overs in the second innings had by then already been bowled.
The officials insisted Sri Lanka bat out the final three overs of the game in near darkness.
All 10 Test playing countries, along with associate teams Kenya and Scotland, will compete in the Twenty20 event. Matches will be held at Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, the ICC said.

New Age (http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html)

Surfer
July 26, 2007, 11:36 PM
T20 must not be taken seriously it is just a festival game i think pakistan has a very good chance because of return of akhtar and asif there bowling become really good because they have two 90+ bowlers and they also have afridi.malik.razzaq.hafeez.nazeer and alam in thier ranks

but it is very difficult to pridict

On the contrary, I have my doubts regarding bowlers like Akhtar and Lee. There will be a lot of slogging in T20s and if someone is bowling at that speed, even thin edges will fly for six. Akhtar might win one....two...matches for Pakistan. But sometime some slogger will get the better of him. In T20, you need smart bowlers, not very fast bowlers.

abdulrahee
July 27, 2007, 01:47 AM
On the contrary, I have my doubts regarding bowlers like Akhtar and Lee. There will be a lot of slogging in T20s and if someone is bowling at that speed, even thin edges will fly for six. Akhtar might win one....two...matches for Pakistan. But sometime some slogger will get the better of him. In T20, you need smart bowlers, not very fast bowlers.

well said
taht is why i said it is very difficult to pridict who knows may akhtar fired some deleveries at 95+ and batsman does not able to put a bat on it and may he edges it to boundry

Sovik
July 27, 2007, 05:48 AM
windies will do great in this form of the game

Dhruvo
July 27, 2007, 08:33 AM
windies will do great in this form of the game
Yes,they are all aggressive in batting specially gayle.

Rabz
July 27, 2007, 10:24 AM
Oh yeah bangldesh is leading and this is my 500th post :)

Jeez, this kids type fast these days....

well, about the subject matter...
Bangladesh, hands down.

Why vote for other country??

well, if BD misses out by any accidental chance, its definitely Australia then.
Period.

Dhruvo
July 27, 2007, 11:03 AM
[quote=Sydney;519773]Jeez, this kids type fast these days....

[quote]
:floor:

nfsunited
July 28, 2007, 11:40 AM
pak than bang

rah
July 28, 2007, 12:28 PM
bangladesh could but da experience factor we lack. im still wit eitha australia or sri lanka

Ahmed_B
July 28, 2007, 01:17 PM
Jeez, this kids type fast these days....
well.. what can i say?
as kids we used to chew off the pencills when mom wasnt watching... and even a one year old these dayz try to bite off some goodlooking keys from the keyboard i suppose! :o

MohammedC
July 28, 2007, 04:00 PM
THE Twenty20 World Cup has already succeeded where the 50-overs version failed in getting a sold-out grand final. And both semi-finals. And the opening game.
Tournament director Steve Elworthy has confirmed the first match between South Africa and the West Indies on September 11 will be played in front of a full house at the Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg.

Sydney Morning Herald (http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/world-cup-tickets-snapped-up/2007/07/28/1185339320342.html)

Dhruvo
July 30, 2007, 07:22 AM
Here is the fixtures
link:http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/events/twenty20/schedule.html

MohammedC
July 30, 2007, 07:54 AM
Bowden is one of the umpires suspended for the Championship due to his involvement in the World Cup final fiasco in Barbados and his inimitable style certainly would have fitted in with the whole Twenty20 concept.

He will be missed

Read More (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/twenty20wc/content/current/story/304362.html)

Sohel
July 30, 2007, 08:41 AM
pak than bang

Paka bangui ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/Pumpkins.jpg

Dhruvo
July 30, 2007, 09:59 AM
Good one sohel nr bhaiya.

Puck
July 30, 2007, 02:16 PM
Paka bangui ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/99/Pumpkins.jpg

i haven't seen that stuff for ages. seems like squash?

Puck
July 30, 2007, 02:16 PM
its lovely to see that a few others have voted for scotland. make me proud ;)

Dhruvo
July 31, 2007, 11:34 AM
its lovely to see that a few others have voted for scotland. make me proud ;)
So you are from scotland or something :lol:.

Sohel
July 31, 2007, 11:44 AM
i haven't seen that stuff for ages. seems like squash?

Something between a squash and pumpkin.

Ak
July 31, 2007, 01:47 PM
Either Australia or Sri Lanka.

Dhruvo
July 31, 2007, 01:49 PM
Either Australia or Sri Lanka.
Oh come on just because OZ'S and the lankans came at the final in the WC does'nt mean they will reach the finals in the 20 twenty WC.

Sovik
July 31, 2007, 02:34 PM
Oh come on just because OZ'S and the lankans came at the final in the WC does'nt mean they will reach the finals in the 20 twenty WC.

south africa is really strong in 20twenty

Puck
July 31, 2007, 08:30 PM
So you are from scotland or something :lol:.

i have a natural affinity to all celtic nations and their wonderful cultures..

Puck
July 31, 2007, 08:31 PM
Something between a squash and pumpkin.

pumpkin soup is yummy. my german friend claas makes it all the time.

Nocturnal
August 1, 2007, 02:36 AM
Pak - they took it very seriously according to media :floor:

pathan
August 1, 2007, 03:18 AM
this is my 1st post

PAK by heart
SA by brain

Gowza
August 1, 2007, 03:35 AM
i'd say australia but i don't know much about t-20 in other countries so not sure how good anyone is really. but i know that in australia the t-20 game isn't taken nearly as seriously as the other forms of cricket so if australia starts to take it seriously then they'll be hard to stop. in saying that this type of tournament could all come down to which team is in the best form onthe day.

Humbug
August 1, 2007, 08:52 AM
Murali is playing in the 20-20 wc, he didn't want to play but the SL board told him he has to.

Dhruvo
August 1, 2007, 09:02 AM
this is my 1st post

PAK by heart
SA by brain
WC pathan to the BanglaCricket community enjoy the forums and I hope you don't disappear like some BanglaCricket members they just join and then without any post they suddenly disappear but maybe it can be some family matters or so any ways enjoy your stay !!;)

Dhruvo
August 1, 2007, 09:02 AM
Murali is playing in the 20-20 wc, he didn't want to play but the SL board told him he has to.
Really,can you please give us the source.

Puck
August 2, 2007, 07:58 PM
i would like to see the source as well as this appears to be a pub gossip sofar.

Dhruvo
September 11, 2007, 06:46 PM
hmm okay this thread is like dying ,even though it has a good topic on it lol

Ganguly da
September 12, 2007, 05:12 AM
India by heart

India by brain

Anher
September 12, 2007, 10:08 AM
India by heart

India by brain

Really want a south asian team win the world cup.
Would wanted india to win the world cup if tendulkar was playing.
Wouldn't support anymore typically fighting with own teammate pakistan team.

Srilanka
Bangladesh

all my hope depends on these 2 hobbits.

Sohel
September 12, 2007, 10:22 AM
Really want a south asian team win the world cup.
Would wanted india to win the world cup if tendulkar was playing.
Wouldn't support anymore typically fighting with own teammate pakistan team.

Srilanka
Bangladesh

all my hope depends on these 2 hobbits.

Sri Lanka is hardly a hobbit. They're significantly better than the Indo-Pak teams put together IMHO ... in all forms of cricket.

Anher
September 12, 2007, 10:34 AM
Sri Lanka is hardly a hobbit. They're significantly better than the Indo-Pak teams put together IMHO ... in all forms of cricket.

I mean the cumulative size of the player compare to Aus, SA, Eng, NZ

bharat
September 12, 2007, 10:39 AM

Not sure about that ...SL hardly wins against India in tests.Were routed the last time we played tests.....(also against common opponents we do far better than them in tests) agree they seem to be better this time around in ODI ..but things change very quickly in ODI's ..today it is them ..tomm. it could be us.

Sohel
September 12, 2007, 10:45 AM
I mean the cumulative size of the player compare to Aus, SA, Eng, NZ

Hmm ... Vandort, Fernando, Maharoof, Mubarak all over 6'2" ...