PDA

View Full Version : Quickbook records

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2007, 03:01 PM
How do I convert quickbooks records to .txt or .mdb or .xls file? ( I am not a quickbooks user)

Thanks in advance.

damalChele
July 24, 2007, 03:09 PM
one word. google.

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2007, 03:32 PM
one word. google.
chorey na shuney dhormer kahini. I am not listening to you (obviously I tried that path before coming here).

Arnab
July 24, 2007, 05:36 PM
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/DoSearch.aspx?docType=DT_APPROVEDCONTENT&q=convert+to+text&p=SG_QuickBooksProEdition2007

Tigers_eye
July 25, 2007, 10:50 AM
thanks Arnab.

My issue is a little complicated. And i am treating this from the "cause". I received a PDF report created from quickbooks (another organization) which I had to analyze (1500+ pages). Obviously digitizing that file is not easy. So wondered if the information could be converted in to excel or text from the source.

Since i am the law here, I finally decided to reject their report and sent a demand letter saying it is my way or the highway. send me the info in excel or text with some additional fields attached. (ofcourse in a nice way) I have just transfered my headeche on to them. Let them figure it out.

akabir77
July 25, 2007, 11:10 AM
easiest way i see you can digitize your pdf if you still want it. First print the pdf file. then scan it in text mode (most scanner scans pretty good now a days) and walla you have your pdf in DOC /excel file...
oh btw yes i accept plastic too.

Tigers_eye
July 25, 2007, 12:51 PM
easiest way i see you can digitize your pdf if you still want it. First print the pdf file. then scan it in text mode (most scanner scans pretty good now a days) and walla you have your pdf in DOC /excel file...
oh btw yes i accept plastic too.
lol scanning 1,581 pages is not an easy task. :)

Good suggestion though.

akabir77
July 25, 2007, 01:35 PM
lol scanning 1,581 pages is not an easy task. :)

Good suggestion though.

hey scanners comes with auto fed... I once scanned a whole book after printing it from a pdf. so that i can send it back home to a friend on a cd.... i just occupied the scanner room for the whole week. oh well those good state working days...

Arnab
July 26, 2007, 03:00 PM
Since i am the law here, I finally decided to reject their report and sent a demand letter saying it is my way or the highway. send me the info in excel or text with some additional fields attached. (ofcourse in a nice way) I have just transfered my headeche on to them. Let them figure it out.

You probably did the right thing. One does not analyze numbers sent in large pdf files. It makes no sense.