PDA

View Full Version : Under 17 has all new faces....

Tehsin
August 27, 2002, 09:25 PM
One thing I like about BCB is that they don't do the OLD age KAR-CHUPI anymore. Look at the list of the players called in for the under-17 team and guess what - no more attempt to play players like Ashraful, Masri, Bikash (in the past, they did), Kapali and the rest. Almost all new faces. You might see a few from the previous under-15 or (if any) under-17 teams.

21 called for U-17 cricket squad
independent-bangladesh.com

The Bangladesh Cricket Board called 21 players for its under-17 cricket team which will take part in a tri-nation tournament in India in September.

India and Sri Lanka are the other two teams in the meet.

The cricketers have been re quested to report to coach Malcolm Perera on August 27 at the board office. The team will leave to BKSP the same evening for a five-day residential camp.

The squad: Jubair Hossain, Naeem Islam, Nazmus Sadat, Gazi Sagir Hossain Pavel, Dhiman Ghosh, Golam Rahman Himel, Enamul Haque, Israque Sonnet, Rubayat Haque, Ruquibur Rahman, Nadeef Chowdhury, Ashikur Rahman, Ziaur Rahman, Illias Sunny, Arafat Sunny, Ashim Chowdhury, Riyad Khan Johnny, Iftikharul Islam, Nafiz Ahmed, Asif Nawaz and Tanveer Rasheed.

[Edited on 28-8-2002 by tehsin]

Mahmood
August 28, 2002, 08:55 AM
Enamul Haque!!!

I was cracking up when I saw this name there.

Try to imagine...

Tehsin
August 28, 2002, 01:30 PM
I am still trying to imagine. Imagine Enamul Haque and Haque junior playing in the same team, hahahhaha. If Moni bhai IS 39 and had junior when he was 22/23, think how that would work out. :)

Mahmood
August 28, 2002, 04:46 PM
BD will make another world record. Father Son in the same test.

Mahmood
September 9, 2002, 05:45 PM
Todays Inqulab has a contrary report of over aged players being selected for U-17.

Tehsin
September 9, 2002, 11:21 PM
Inquilab report clearly suggests that coach Perera has done all that needs to be done here. Blaming him for picking over aged players, not making them take physicals, taking a 'personal' interest in picking and then congratulating the players all by himself. BCB takes the blame for taking 9 BKSP cadetsin the team and both BCB and Perera gets written up for taking 9 bowlers and only 5 specialized players in the team.

I don't kno whow much of it is true but doesn't it sound odd that a Sri Lankan has these muhc power in a country run by POWER HUNGRY administrators of our own ? You think our local admins would just sit back and let Perera have all the fun ? Does that sound like BCB or Bangladesh to you ? :)

James90
September 10, 2002, 03:51 AM
Who's Enamul Sen. son?

fwullah
September 10, 2002, 09:37 AM
Enamul Haque of U-17 team is not a son of the Enamul Haque. It is only said so because they both have the same name.

Tehsin
September 10, 2002, 11:44 AM
Rajputro and myself were kidding about Enamul's name. We were also mocking BCB because of their previous practices regarding 'age' doctoring.

Besides, Enamul Haque (Moni) is almost 37-39, therefore it won't be surprising if he had a son who would be eligible for the under19/17 or even the national team. However, I don't think that is happening anytime soon. Don't even know if Moni has a son.

Mahmood
September 10, 2002, 12:40 PM
Probably not. In bd, players marry in their 30's. Takes time to make a career out of sports. Then they can get married.

My guess, if he does have a son, he must be around 5/6 now.

Right now BCB has no committee, I can see how the coach alone is making all decisions.

James90
September 11, 2002, 03:57 AM
Khaled Mashud is married as is
Mehrab Hossain and
Habibul Bashar has a baby boy