PDA

View Full Version : rudra pratap singh

Puck
July 30, 2007, 10:15 AM
a new revealation for india?

gatekeeper
July 30, 2007, 10:17 AM
a new revealation for india?

...I think so. He seems to have a keen understanding of the batsmen's weaknesses and he'll only get better. Traditionally India haven't 'managed' their pacers well, I hope they do a better job with him.

Puck
July 30, 2007, 02:14 PM
he seems to be able to move the ball at will. of course he is slower so i wonder how long he would last in the team. the likes of prasad had a four year stint in the team.. then again, the indians do drop their bowlers in the slightest dip in form.

Sohel
July 30, 2007, 06:41 PM
RP's a decent bowler and proof that bad hairstyle doesn't have much to do with consistent pace, swing and maintaining a disciplined line and length. That said, the real revelation for India was Ashish Nehra, despite that bizarre run-up. Hopefully he'll be back alongside Irfan Pathan and pick-up where he left off before the injury.

Puck
July 30, 2007, 09:22 PM
pathan seems to be still riding hign in icc rankings. rudra isn't particularly fast though so i hope they don't discard him based on lack of pace.

Sohel
July 31, 2007, 11:48 AM
pathan seems to be still riding hign in icc rankings. rudra isn't particularly fast though so i hope they don't discard him based on lack of pace.

Irfan has decided to become a bowler again, and leave the batting to his younger sibling Yususf, for now.

Dhruvo
July 31, 2007, 11:53 AM
He just did well in this series so can't say that he is a good bowler you should say that he is a good bowler in this series.

Puck
July 31, 2007, 08:32 PM
Irfan has decided to become a bowler again, and leave the batting to his younger sibling Yususf, for now.

by choice or necessity?

Puck
July 31, 2007, 08:33 PM
He just did well in this series so can't say that he is a good bowler you should say that he is a good bowler in this series.

perhaps he would bowl well in next series as well..

Dhruvo
August 1, 2007, 06:29 AM
perhaps he would bowl well in next series as well..
How can you say this so confidently.

Puck
August 1, 2007, 06:33 AM
How can you say this so confidently.

i am making my assumption based on his general technique. his shows very little effort, bowls at military medium pace, moves the ball with ease and can bowl for long periods. the only major concern for him is the length. he needs to bowl the correct length at his pace. as long as he can maintain that he will have a good future in indian cricket.

Sovik
August 2, 2007, 10:29 AM

yusuf pathan, is he any good?

Sohel
August 2, 2007, 11:33 AM

From what I've seen of them on TV, Yusuf Pathan and Manoj Tiwary are India's possible answers to Sanath and Ponting. Check out these stats, note the srike rates.

Yusuf:http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/32498.html

Manoj (Bengali of Marwari grand parentage): http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/35565.html

aventis
August 2, 2007, 12:54 PM

First of all , why don't you first sort out ,who is the the younger sibling ? :lol::lol:maybe then ,we might consider your GREAT thoughts.:floor:

Surfer
August 2, 2007, 02:07 PM

From what I have heard and read, Yusuf Pathan is a great prospect. Contrary to his brother, he is a batting all rounder. The two brothers learned the game helping each other as they didn't have the financial resources to go to big coaching centers. They watched different matches and tried those tricks on the field against each other. They judged each
other and helped each other perfect the shots and the deliveries. I am waiting to see what Yusuf Pathan brings to the team.

Spitfire_x86
August 2, 2007, 06:35 PM
First of all , why don't you first sort out ,who is the the younger sibling ? :lol::lol:maybe then ,we might consider your GREAT thoughts.:floor:
Maybe "younger" in terms of international career age :saint:

cricket_pagol
August 2, 2007, 06:50 PM
From what I have heard and read, Yusuf Pathan is a great prospect. Contrary to his brother, he is a batting all rounder. The two brothers learned the game helping each other as they didn't have the financial resources to go to big coaching centers. They watched different matches and tried those tricks on the field against each other. They judged each
other and helped each other perfect the shots and the deliveries. I am waiting to see what Yusuf Pathan brings to the team.

I thought Yusuf Pathan is a hybrif of Mohammad Yousuf and Irfan Pathan. I guess he is like Irfan pathan but with better batting skills.

Puck
August 2, 2007, 07:47 PM

if he is self taught i'd love to see him do really well at the international stage.