PDA

View Full Version : BanglaCricket vs Fishlipps, Simulation Cricket

AsifTheManRahman
August 4, 2007, 01:58 AM
Simulation cricket's back! This time, Fishlipps will be hosting BanglaCricket for a three day first class match and three one dayers following that. Calling the boys to pad up and pour some oil on those joints after what seems to have been ages.

The following members have featured in the most recent BanglaCricket squad, and I would like to know who from this list is still interested in taking part in the upcoming tour.

Miraz
AsifTheManRahman (c)
Imran78
Hasib
Tehsin
Adel_chain_gang
James90
MasterBlaster
Shahriyar
Ehsan
Rubu
Nasif
Hatebreed
Mueid
Bdmoderator
Navarene
Oracle
Bourny3
LateCut
Piranha
Lidcombe
Omio
Sunniath

There may be room for debutantes, however, do keep in mind that due to time constraints, it is not possible to simulate a domestic league ahead of the tour to hand pick new talents. If you are not in the list above and are still interested in being a part of the squad, please reply to this thread with the following info:

1. Your batting style, position and average
2. Your bowling style and average
3. Whether you keep wickets at all

New players will only be included if there is room after making way for the oldies, but by entering now you will be automatically considered for future tours.

For new members, these games are run using a simulation software that, to put it simply, chugs out scores that will be posted here on BC at regular intervals during game time.

Fixture:

Only first class match: Aug 13 - 15
1st OD: Aug 16
2nd OD: Aug 17
3rd OD: Aug 19

The team returns home on Aug 21. Let's try to avoid jutar bari upon landing. :)

adel
August 4, 2007, 02:27 AM
I'm keen. It's always an honor to wear the red and green uniform and represent the awesome website that is BanglaCricket.com. So let's cook Fishlipps.com deshi style!

Miraz
August 4, 2007, 04:38 AM
Count me in.

ATMR, My stats should be available from simulation cricket.

Omio
August 4, 2007, 05:09 AM
I want to see myself on the main X1,:smug:

Dhruvo
August 4, 2007, 06:20 AM
So is this simulation cricket played in the internet or is it for real.

adel
August 4, 2007, 07:06 AM
So is this simulation cricket played in the internet or is it for real.

haha! My young friend, it's the internet. Note the 'Simulation'...But I suggest you put your name down. It's always good to have some 'fresh' blood...

Dhruvo
August 4, 2007, 08:10 AM
All right if there is any space left then count me in
my batting style:right handed average:37 position:1,2,3,5 and 8 strike rate:73.41
my bowling style:legspin average:15 economy rate:2.80
No i a not a wicket keeper
I am an allrounder

Sovik
August 4, 2007, 08:14 AM
i think i was a part of some team. and didn't do too bad but why was i dropped?

Dhruvo
August 4, 2007, 08:14 AM

I
did'nt understand the 3rd question can someone explain it to me.

Ehsan
August 4, 2007, 09:07 AM
I do not miss out BC Simulation. :)

rah
August 4, 2007, 09:19 AM
I WANNNA PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!lool. i will be proud to play for bc.............

AsifTheManRahman
August 4, 2007, 12:56 PM
Count me in.

ATMR, My stats should be available from simulation cricket.

Yes. The set of questions was for those who haven't played before.

Rommel
August 4, 2007, 04:40 PM
I would like to play as well. My batting style is right handed batsmen. My average is 42. I do not bowl. My position is 3, 4, 5, 6, 8. I am a wicketkeeper.

Rommel
August 4, 2007, 04:43 PM
Who is fishlipps?

Rommel
August 4, 2007, 08:00 PM
So am I on the team?

Bancan
August 4, 2007, 09:52 PM
Batting position~4-5
Batting style~ right handed
Batting Average~ 25
Bowling~ Leg Spin
Bowling Average~ Dunno how to put this down. I guess wicket every 30 runs.

I was in the domestic team last time. Then got dropped.

mafizraju
August 4, 2007, 11:12 PM
how do you play this game?

Mahir
August 4, 2007, 11:14 PM
Interested ? Bigtime. Its awesome to see BSB back and running. Lets get the practices going in full titl until a new dawn marks the initiation of the fying process of the Fishlipps!

Note : I want to retain my player ID as "MasterBlaster"

Nafis_BD
August 4, 2007, 11:57 PM
how do you play this game?

Exactly my question. I am interested though. I haven't played any simulation game yet so I don't know my average, or is it supposed to be my real life average?? Sorry I haven't played this before!!:)

AsifTheManRahman
August 5, 2007, 12:14 AM
Don't worry, just put down your real life average or make something up.

Either battye (BC member, aka the Simulation guy) or I will probably be in charge of running the simulation on our side. All you need to do is just sit back and watch the scores get updated here on BC. I haven't had a chance to look at how the simulation works yet, since I've been pretty swamped lately. Where is James when you need him? :)

Dhruvo
August 5, 2007, 04:23 AM
I am really interested i think a few bc members won't play,thats good for me,nafis and ro1294

Dhruvo
August 5, 2007, 04:26 AM
Am i on the team ? i am the first newbie to get interested :D.

rah
August 5, 2007, 07:12 AM
Exactly my question. I am interested though. I haven't played any simulation game yet so I don't know my average, or is it supposed to be my real life average?? Sorry I haven't played this before!!:)

lool nietha have i but im still interested

rah
August 5, 2007, 07:13 AM

Either battye (BC member, aka the Simulation guy) or I will probably be in charge of running the simulation on our side. All you need to do is just sit back and watch the scores get updated here on BC. I haven't had a chance to look at how the simulation works yet, since I've been pretty swamped lately. Where is James when you need him? :)

oh in ma club league from 12 matches my average is 22.85, highest score 69, and two fifties. bowling average is around 30

Nafis_BD
August 5, 2007, 07:03 PM

Ok thanks for the info bhaiya. I am interested in this and here are the answers to the questions:

Batting Style, Average, Position:Right Hand, 23 average and positions 1-4.
Bowling Style, Average: Right Arm, Fast/Fast Medium(mostly fast), 15.5 average.
Wicket Keeper: I Don't keep.

I am new to simulation so please explain in details how you play this and etc!!:)

battye
August 6, 2007, 01:23 AM
Very quick explanation, Asif (as he is the captain) will select the team consisting of 11.
Batsmen 1-4 are your better batsmen, 5&6 your "good" batsmen, #7 your wicket keeper (for simplicity) and 8-11 your bowlers.

Asif, when he is submitting the team, has various options available to him as captain. He can choose the batting and bowling style of each player, select the team allrounder (a batsman who will bowl the majority of the extra overs not bowled by an official bowler) and a few other options.

The opposition captain does the same thing, so tactics definitely come into play, especially when playing in a first class or ODI game. (eg, you might not want to have every player set to Slog in a 3 day match, but for a Twenty20 that might be a good option)

Then what the captains have submitted is run through the simulator, and a ball by ball report is outputted.

For example, here is the scorecard from the last time Banglacricket.com played (slaughtered!) Fishlipps: http://www.simulationcricket.com/scorecards/scorecards.php?s=sca_world_cup_2007&g=20
An example of what the Ball by Ball looks like can be seen here (http://www.simulationcricket.com/scorecards/F_SCAWORLDCUP2007_GAME12.txt)

The live scorecard for the 3 day match can be viewed here (http://www.simulationcricket.com/scorecards/scorecards.php?s=banglacricket_fishlipps_aug2007&g=1), but scores will only start appearing on August 13 :)

If anyone wants to look at their career statistics, go to http://www.simulationcricket.com/swc/statistics.php?p=AsifTheManRahman (replace AsifTheManRahman with your username though)

FaRHaN
August 6, 2007, 01:43 AM
Batting position3-4
Batting style~ right handed
Batting Average~ 35
Bowling~ fast medium
Bowling Average~ 26.5

crikss
August 6, 2007, 02:42 AM
ok..here is my info

Batting position no-6 Right handed avg-27
Bowling-- Right arm off spinner/medium

Hatebreed
August 6, 2007, 05:23 AM
Count me in.

bourny3
August 6, 2007, 07:05 AM
ill definitely be keen to play.

Lord AK
August 6, 2007, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE=AsifTheManRahman;522940]
1. Your batting style, position and average
2. Your bowling style and average

I would like to be part of the squad if possible. 1. Agressive batting, lower order, 24.00. 2.Fast Bowling, 17.00. 3. Sometimes. I'm not wicket keeper.

Rommel
August 6, 2007, 09:27 AM
I would like to play as well. My batting style is right handed batsmen. My average is 42. I do not bowl. My position is 3, 4, 5, 6, 8. I am a wicketkeeper.

So when will the squad be announced? I would really like to play.

Dhruvo
August 6, 2007, 10:08 AM
:-DAll right if there is any space left then count me in
my batting style:right handed average:37 position:1,2,3,5 and 8
my bowling style:legspin average:15
No i a not a wicket keeper
I am an allrounder
Come on when do i get to play.

Nafis_BD
August 6, 2007, 10:10 AM
All-rounders like me, Dhrubo and etc should get the first pick!!:)

Dhruvo
August 6, 2007, 10:13 AM
Yes we should get selected and if there is only one spot left then it's mine lol!!!!just kidding bro.

Rommel
August 6, 2007, 11:53 AM

I think I should hopefully get picked because I think I am the only wicketkeeper.

Ehsan
August 6, 2007, 12:02 PM
Asif, I haven't had a chance to read through this thread. But I hope you have the old stats. So, use the old stats for me.

AsifTheManRahman
August 6, 2007, 12:51 PM
Squads will be declared soon, some time after the 10th (that's when I'm done with exams). As usual, there will be different squads for the two versions, and many of the oldies will be retained. However, there are a few members who haven't been active on the forum for a long time now (a good half a year or even more than that), which will probably make space for a few new faces, but one can only play so many debutantes when you already have a bunch that has performed so well in the past.

Bancan
August 6, 2007, 01:58 PM
Ok so how are the new ones getting picked?

Rifat
August 6, 2007, 07:36 PM
please someone put me in the reserve squad if there is such a thing.

battye
August 7, 2007, 04:07 AM
As it seems there are enough players for 2 teams, it might be possible (providing someone is willing to captain, and the other team agrees) to have an "A" team match. Potentially, this will be a single 50-over match between Banglacricket.com "A" vs Saintsational.com "A" at some point over the next 2 weeks.

When Asif announces his squad, then of the remaining players an "A" squad can be formed. I will let you know if there is any progress with this (I am talking to the Saintsational.com "A" captain as well to see if this is viable). News article (http://www.simulationcricket.com/articles.php?n=63) with the likely Saintsational.com "A" squad.

AsifTheManRahman
August 7, 2007, 11:57 AM
Saint Patrick could be the one to look out for in the A team match, if it takes place at all. The guy was in their test squad the last time we played a series against them (and lost pretty badly, too). We did come back pretty well in the ODI tri-series though, ending up as champs.

http://www.simulationcricket.com/series_archive.php?series=all#series_fifteen

battye
August 10, 2007, 02:52 AM
Good news, saint patrick has announced his squads availability for an A team match.

Saintsational.com "A" squad: OLB, mightysainters, LennyBoy, wildgoose, saint patrick, Milan Faletic, 2007, st_Trav_ofWA, chook23, Goose'sGirl, SaintBot

The two players to look out for, are obviously those with international experience.

mightysainters

TEST: 4 Test's, 237 runs @ 39.50
ODI: 17 ODI's, 379 runs @ 23.69

saint patrick

TEST: 1 Test, 0 runs @ 0.00
ODI: 7 ODI's, 51 runs @ 10.20

Still need to confirm a date (as well as Banglacricket.com "A"'s availability) but a 50 over match is certainly on the cards. It is not outside the realms of possibility that a 3-day match could be added to the series as well.

Cheers! :)

AsifTheManRahman
August 10, 2007, 10:20 AM
Teams will be announced shortly (either on the 10th or 11th, EST).

sunniath
August 10, 2007, 11:57 AM
i am in if it is not too late.

Bengaliprince176
August 10, 2007, 12:15 PM
wow, ive no idea whats this about lol, but looks interesting, i wud like to have a go if any space. im right handed, bast 5, spin preference, aggresive, average 25ish.
right hand bolwing swing average of about 10. all rounder, no i dont keep wickets, im a reli bad fielder, but thats ok as it is simulation cricket rite.....lol

Bengaliprince176
August 10, 2007, 12:16 PM
good luck to whoevers playin btw

battye
August 10, 2007, 08:49 PM
Teams will be announced shortly (either on the 10th or 11th, EST).

Are you also posting the A team squad?

Rifat
August 10, 2007, 10:24 PM
i am an opening right handed batsmen who does leg spin regularly. i average around the twenties. i wanna play in the "A" team.

Dhruvo
August 11, 2007, 05:59 AM
So when will the squads be announced ?

AsifTheManRahman
August 11, 2007, 01:40 PM
Ok folks, here are the squads for the two tours:

15 member BanglaCricket squad for one first class and three OD matches (no particular order):

1. MasterBlaster (aka Mahir)
2. AsifTheManRahman (c)
3. Adel_chain_gang
4. Ehsan
5. Tehsin
6. Miraz
7. James90 (wk)
8. sunniath
9. Hatebreed
10. Bancan
11. Omio
12. bourny3
13. Shahriyar
14. Nasif
15. Rubu (wk)

12 member BanglaCricket A squad for only OD (in no particular order):

1. ro1249 (wk)
2. Dhrubo
3. Nafis_BD
4. rifat
5. Bengaliprince176 (c)
6. imran78
7. hasib
8. sovik
9. rah
10. Farhan
11. crikss
12. Lord AK

Most of the oldies have been retained due to previous records, however, for the newbies this is a chance to prove themselves with the A team and move up the ranks. If you do well, you will definitely be considered for the main XV for the next tour.

AsifTheManRahman
August 11, 2007, 01:42 PM
Now who wants to captain the A team, and who wants to keep wickets?

Bengaliprince176
August 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
im vice captain for my school.... if that helps for the A team thatd b cool to captain it!!

Rommel
August 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
I want to keep wickets for the A team

AsifTheManRahman
August 11, 2007, 04:39 PM
Awesome. Updated the A team squad in my previous post with the (c) and (wk) tags.

Nafis_BD
August 11, 2007, 06:48 PM
Yes, I am in the squad!! Now can you explain in details how this game works out an etc and can any one post a link where I can practice playing simulation cricket??

Bancan
August 11, 2007, 07:58 PM
Yes, I am in the squad!! Now can you explain in details how this game works out an etc and can any one post a link where I can practice playing simulation cricket??

You dont do anything. The computer generates the scores. You just check the links when provided to see the scores and everything.

Rommel
August 11, 2007, 08:53 PM
Battye, I was wondering if there is anyway you can schedule more matches for the A team?

James90
August 11, 2007, 09:26 PM
I just noticed this and I'm impressed by the initiative shown by Asif to get this going and furthermore how many people have embraced the idea. I'm still around on MSN if you need some help with teams or statistics.

AsifTheManRahman
August 11, 2007, 09:27 PM
Awesome, I'll msn you up soon.

Nafis_BD
August 11, 2007, 10:06 PM
You dont do anything. The computer generates the scores. You just check the links when provided to see the scores and everything.

Ohh thanks bhaiya. So when are we playing??

Mahir
August 12, 2007, 12:31 AM
Ahh... glad to see myself not fallen out of the captain's favour after a mediocre showing during the last series. It's time for me to buckle up and bring a better and a more complete game to the table. Lets get rolling, boys.

battye
August 12, 2007, 01:10 AM
Official squad announcement at http://www.simulationcricket.com/articles.php?n=66

im vice captain for my school.... if that helps for the A team thatd b cool to captain it!!

Bengaliprince176 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4144), as captain of the A team I'll need to talk to you on MSN :)
Sent you a PM.

ro1249, I am in talks with Saintsational.com "A" trying to arrange more matches. :)

AsifTheManRahman
August 12, 2007, 02:10 AM
BanglaCricket XI (starting lineup) for the three dayer against Fishlipps:

1. AsifTheManRahman
2. MasterBlaster
3. Hatebreed
4. Ehsan
5. Tehsin
6. Miraz
7. James90
8. Sunniath
9. Adel_chain_gang
10. Bancan
11. bourny3

Let's kick some pacha

Bengaliprince176
August 12, 2007, 04:54 AM
Official squad announcement at http://www.simulationcricket.com/articles.php?n=66

Bengaliprince176 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4144), as captain of the A team I'll need to talk to you on MSN :)
Sent you a PM.

ro1249, I am in talks with Saintsational.com "A" trying to arrange more matches. :)

lol ok np, im on msn pretty much all the time, typical teenager i knw....ive accepted u

Dhruvo
August 12, 2007, 06:25 AM
I am in the teams yay It will be nice to represent a site like banglacricket

Rommel
August 12, 2007, 12:01 PM
Battye, when are you going to announce your starting lineup for the A team?( I prefer coming in at 3, 4, or 5 but I will play in whatever position you give me.)

Rommel
August 12, 2007, 01:26 PM
anybody?

catstrophy
August 12, 2007, 01:34 PM
wow looks exciting

Dhruvo
August 12, 2007, 03:49 PM
So when is the first match for the "a" team ?

Rommel
August 12, 2007, 05:12 PM
So when is the first match for the "a" team ?

Same question. Also it would be really cool if the banglacricket.com main squad played the A squad in a warmup match.

JamesBond
August 12, 2007, 07:32 PM
Count me in...
1. RHB, #5 or #6 and avg 35.00
2. RHM speed averaging between 80- 84 and average 13.00
3. I dont keep wickets...at all

Rommel
August 12, 2007, 08:08 PM
Count me in...
1. RHB, #5 or #6 and avg 35.00
2. RHM speed averaging between 80- 84 and average 13.00
3. I dont keep wickets...at all

I think it might be a little too late for you as the squads have already been announced.

Zunaid
August 12, 2007, 08:15 PM
Zunaid

1. RHB - out first ball to anything. Highest probability of playing on.
2. Leg Spin - Will get my man. After a 6. If I do not get a wicket second ball, the other team will score 1000 runs.
3. Wickets? Why keep wickets if you have good bowlers?
4. Umpire - great for giving outs based on the loudness of the appeal.

Kabir
August 12, 2007, 08:26 PM
3. Wickets? Why keep wickets if you have good bowlers?

So that the deliveries that beat the batsman don't run to the boundary!

Zunaid
August 12, 2007, 08:30 PM
So that the deliveries that beat the batsman don't run to the boundary!

All deliveries must get wickets. A delivery that beats the batsman but races to the boundary is a bad delivery.

Check this link (http://uk.tickle.com/test/humor.html).

AsifTheManRahman
August 12, 2007, 08:30 PM
Good to have Dr. Z back, although it's kind of late this time around. I remember we used to have a much stronger team that comprised of the likes of him, CM, Pundit, etc in the past.

And then one bright sunny morning, they all retired.

Kabir
August 12, 2007, 08:41 PM
All deliveries must get wickets. A delivery that beats the batsman but races to the boundary is a bad delivery.

Check this link (http://uk.tickle.com/test/humor.html).

Lol...okay, I guess you're right!

crikss
August 12, 2007, 09:47 PM
so Finally i get selected for A team squad...i Want No 6 position...:D

Rifat
August 13, 2007, 01:54 AM
wow alhamdulillah, i made the A team i want to be an opener and bowl if needed

Rifat
August 13, 2007, 02:02 AM
asha kori ami jeno duck na mari...

Dhruvo
August 13, 2007, 04:22 AM
I wanna open and bowl all the 10 overs lol !!!

lippyfish
August 15, 2007, 12:01 AM
I want to thank you all for the great game. I'm slowly learning the finer points of the game and strategy. I wish we had given you a larger score to catch, but there's always the ODIs coming up. Great duo Asif and MasterBlaster, and also Sunniath, James90 and bourny3. It was quite exciting even if we Were slaughtered!

AsifTheManRahman
August 15, 2007, 12:06 AM
Welcome aboard, lippy. We were just discussing you on this thread (or at least I was): http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=23330

Good luck on the ODI's, we'll be looking forward to them! :)