PDA

View Full Version : sreesanths beamer

bangla44
August 8, 2007, 11:47 AM
was sreesanths beamer deliberate? and do you think he should be replaced by someone else for the third test?

akabir77
August 8, 2007, 12:05 PM
who cares

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2007, 12:19 PM
I hope it was deliberate. Since Lee's were (not singular but plural) deliberate but the media potrays as not deliberate. back then it seems every time he did it he was genuinly apologestic (mind you in one series against the same opponent). This is Sresanth's first. He needs to do it more often and be even more humble. They are wearing helmets for crying out loud. Few more knocks wouldn't harm a bit.

Surfer
August 8, 2007, 12:30 PM
was sreesanths beamer deliberate? and do you think he should be replaced by someone else for the third test?

No one can say for sure except Sreesanth himself. So what does one do? Give him the benefit of doubt.

A beamer can be extremely dangerous for a batsman and must be avoided at all costs. There should be a punishment so severe that bowlers will be extra careful not to bowl one. At the same time lets not forget that an attempted yorker or even a simple delivery can anytime slip out of the bowler's hands and hit the batsman at an awkward height. So, if a bowler fires one once in a blue moon, he may be pardoned. But repeat offenders should get a ban for a few matches.

Surfer
August 8, 2007, 12:31 PM
who cares

Some people who follow the game of cricket do. If you don't, this thread is not for you.

Surfer
August 8, 2007, 12:36 PM
I hope it was deliberate. Since Lee's were (not singular but plural) deliberate but the media potrays as not deliberate. back then it seems every time he did it he was genuinly apologestic (mind you in one series against the same opponent). This is Sresanth's first. He needs to do it more often and be even more humble. They are wearing helmets for crying out loud. Few more knocks wouldn't harm a bit.

Very good point there. Lee should not have got away with two beamers. Apologizing does not make that right.

akabir77
August 8, 2007, 12:57 PM
Some people who follow the game of cricket do. If you don't, this thread is not for you.

u r saying that we need to discuss a beamer in a tread else we r not following cricket? yeah it might be new to india (throwing a beamer that is) but rest of the world knows what it is...:-D

Murad
August 8, 2007, 01:01 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6ikcOg14ek"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q6ikcOg14ek" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks Murad.

And the commentator (an English by the way) clearly says, "the ball slips out of his hand". Yet the media and Vaughn, Atherton says things that makes the pitch deliberate. When you are down 0-1 the real picture of the English comes out.

I concurr with Akabir bhai that I really care less on the topic if it was deliberate or not; or should he be replaced from the team. If this was harmisson or sidebottom, we wouldn't have this discussion for sure. The long gap between the 2nd and 3rd test is just fueling the fire.

al Furqaan
August 8, 2007, 03:20 PM
looks like an accident...

Sohel
August 8, 2007, 03:31 PM
The Pagla from Kerala lost his grip, and his intent just inadvertently slipped out and manifested itself. A Freudian slip, cricket-style.

ialbd
August 8, 2007, 03:32 PM
looks like a accident to me. making a hill out of a mole... thats british media....

Murad
August 8, 2007, 04:05 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jLDotfoDHms"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jLDotfoDHms" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is the jelly beans incident. i liked this part..

BangladeshFan
August 9, 2007, 04:57 AM
did atherton/any of english media called for the boycott of Bret lee after his series of beamers against England batsmen? when it comes to an asian suddenly they start finding conspiracy in everything, then every offence is deliberate(no ball, beamer whatever) and an apology is not enough, he is supposed to get banned. When waqar bowled those reverse swing, he must have manipulated the ball etc. etc. because stupid english bowlers couldnt do it, so how come an asian did it??

english have lost their empire long ago, but they still think asians are their slaves. hope asians beat them everytime and enjoy the english whine more and more. our jealous former masters!

Lord AK
August 11, 2007, 06:40 AM
I strongly dislike the Indian team so I hope sreesanth gets fined. Btw what does a beamer mean.

rah
August 12, 2007, 11:09 AM
it wos an accident

Puck
August 12, 2007, 06:43 PM
I strongly dislike the Indian team so I hope sreesanth gets fined. Btw what does a beamer mean.

if you don't know what a beamer means why do you want the bowler to get punished?

MysoreHuli
August 17, 2007, 01:25 AM
if you don't know what a beamer means why do you want the bowler to get punished?

:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:: floor:

Lord AK
August 18, 2007, 03:32 AM
No idea mate, it's probably my rebellious type mind

ammark
August 18, 2007, 03:41 AM

As myself: That doesnt make sense, and it really isnt an excuse. you should not make such offensive comments regardless. If you have some prejudice against the Indian team, this forum is not a place where you may express it. I know you're young and probably cant comprehend how your words affect others, but please be more restrained when you express yourself :)

Puck
September 1, 2007, 11:25 PM

:)

oh well, he avoided the fine after all.

WarWolf
September 9, 2007, 06:52 PM
b:)

oh well, he avoided the fine after all.
I wanted him to be punished.