PDA

View Full Version : Chief Selector and Captain: in Bengali

fwullah
October 13, 2003, 10:25 AM
Bangladesher Khela (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strAction=columns&strrefer=displaycontent_pdf&strItemPath=articles/371/azam%2013-10-03.pdf)

Kalbaisakhi
October 13, 2003, 10:47 AM
Atfirst thxzz for the link.

I always prefer Coach and Captain select the team.But Now a days Selector's are main to select team.But this is not the way to select team.Always should give opprtunity both Captain and Coach.Because all selectors watch the practice lieing on the bed or sofa(Its just my companion).But Coach and Captain watch the practice directly.

So.........................

:lol::lol::lol:

Mahmood
October 13, 2003, 10:55 AM
Captain Selection - BCB should pick someone who is an autometic choice by performance.

Squad Selection - Should be a 5 member committe. 3 Selectors, the coach and the captain.

Team Selection - Should be a 3 member committee. Coach, captain and the manager.

fwullah
October 13, 2003, 12:26 PM
In Bangladesh's case, the manager is a no-go - he is in the team only to see the bad boys of the team.

Who is an automatic choice by performance in the team and is old enough - he is thought to be not capable enough to handle pressure (Habibul Bashar) and so the BCB has to take the Australian policy of choosing the captain first, and then the team.

I hope during the time of squad selection, at least there will be a 4-member comittee including Whatmore.

chinaman
October 13, 2003, 12:44 PM
The coach and the captain are busy playing, practicing and touring most of the time hence miss out a lot in the domestic frontier and scorecards are notoriously mindless at times to judge the actual performance of a player.

I think, the selection committee should select the squad first.
Coach should help the selection committee to pick up captain and vice captain.
Captain, vice captain and coach should pick the team from game to game.