PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh VS Syria- any link please

Braveheart
August 18, 2007, 08:13 AM
Bangladesh VS Syria football game- any link please

Dhruvo
August 18, 2007, 08:14 AM
this thread should be in the other sports forum,mods please tranfer this thread to the other sports forum.

Ahmed_B
August 18, 2007, 09:03 AM
Cool down both of you. Thread moved to proper forum now.
-Mod

jonny
August 18, 2007, 09:08 AM
1-1 now

jonny
August 18, 2007, 09:10 AM
http://topdesitv.blogspot.com/2007/07/zee-sports.html

Live :)

Dhruvo
August 18, 2007, 09:10 AM
1-1 now
really wow looks bd made a bit of improment in football the last match i saw bd lost the match 6-1 lol!!!:floor:

Shehwar
August 18, 2007, 09:15 AM
whats the result?

jonny
August 18, 2007, 09:18 AM
Correction 0-0 HT , it looked like 1-1 on tv :)

just got the link now , it works for me :)

Dhruvo
August 18, 2007, 09:21 AM
1-1 HT my link work
don't know it says page not found.

ialbd
August 18, 2007, 09:25 AM
http://topdesitv.blogspot.com/2007/07/zee-sports.html

Live :)

thanks for the link.....

Sohel
August 18, 2007, 09:34 AM
Syria scores, 1-0.

Sohel
August 18, 2007, 09:40 AM
Watching this type of soccer must be similar to watching China play cricket. Terrible fitness levels, worse display of technique, and the less said about speed the better. BD has no midfield, the defenders doing well against an awful Syrian attack.

Iran, Iraq, KSA, Bahrain, Japan, Korea and possibly a couple of former Soviet Central Asian republics seem to be the only ones who can play the game in Asia. South Asian soccer is the absolute worst. The appropriately named "B League" is painful to watch.

ialbd
August 18, 2007, 09:51 AM
i dont understand, the BD players are significantly shorter but why do they love air-ball so much...... they cant even get control over their first touch receive....

AsifTheManRahman
August 18, 2007, 11:48 AM
Ah, missed it. What was the FT score?

abdulw11
August 18, 2007, 03:58 PM
Ah, missed it. What was the FT score?

2-0 to Syria.

shaoun
August 19, 2007, 12:38 AM
i expected bangladesh to lose by bigger margin. i saw the ending of the match and that time syria had full control of the match. our biggest match is next against india. india looks strong in this tournament. i hope our boys can win this match. because if we lose to india we have no chance playing final.

Rifat
August 19, 2007, 02:02 AM
to score goals in soccer you need a strong attacking mood and instinct backed up by counter defense, Bangladesh is way too far behind by these standards so we should consider ourselves lucky at least if we can draw against India or "cause an Upset"???

or should we have our under-15 team who defeated mighty italians play...

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 02:55 AM
The simple truth? We along with all other South Asian countries SUCK in soccer, and will not win the Asian Cup before the year 3000 after soccer evolves into something totally different by then. Qualifying for the World Cup? NEVER.

AsifTheManRahman
August 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
Well, the SAAF is_the_weakest competition in the world, and that just makes Bangladeshi soccer so much more depressing to follow. We've had coaches (e.g. that English dude going by the name Mark Harrison or something like that) who've had big goals, but they haven't lasted long thanks to the people at the federation.

Dhruvo
August 19, 2007, 01:43 PM
when ever i see the bd foot ball team play it makes me feel like my class can beat them easily they suck in their attacking and defence not only that but even the goal keeping i think i should join bd football team and start making some wins seriously even i play better soccer than them.

BD-Shardul
August 20, 2007, 03:03 AM
During Asian Games 2006, BD football team revealed why they suck.(As usual incident BTW)

The day after Bahrain Football team team thrashed Bangladesh by 5-0 (forgot the exact info, but the margin was big), Bangladesh footballers, coach, managers went to city centre to buy digital camera. Journalists were everywhere, and next day newspapers published a news with the headline: "Time for shopping?" In his interview with journalists, BD manager said, "....ya...we lost the match...but lot of positives....BD football is going through a hard patch......Qatar's preparation is fantastic...we are mazed.....Bla..bla bla..............". Beshorom ar kake bole

Rabz
August 20, 2007, 08:19 AM
any links for the all important BD-India match?

Rubu
August 20, 2007, 08:26 AM
I think the game is over now. Whats the result? I can't find anything on google search.

reverse_swing
August 20, 2007, 08:32 AM
I think the game is over now. Whats the result? I can't find anything on google search.

try this:

http://www.indianfootball.com/matchcenter/matchcenter.html

abdulw11
August 20, 2007, 08:38 AM
try this:

http://www.indianfootball.com/matchcenter/matchcenter.html

Thanks for that.

India have scored. Oh poo. :(

abdulw11
August 20, 2007, 08:43 AM
I love Google.

Live link for the match: http://indiaforumtv.blogspot.com/2007/08/zee-sports.html

Buffers a lot though.

Braveheart
August 20, 2007, 08:50 AM
During Asian Games 2006, BD football team revealed why they suck.(As usual incident BTW)

The day after Bahrain Football team team thrashed Bangladesh by 5-0 (forgot the exact info, but the margin was big), Bangladesh footballers, coach, managers went to city centre to buy digital camera. Journalists were everywhere, and next day newspapers published a news with the headline: "Time for shopping?" In his interview with journalists, BD manager said, "....ya...we lost the match...but lot of positives....BD football is going through a hard patch......Qatar's preparation is fantastic...we are mazed.....Bla..bla bla..............". Beshorom ar kake bole

It is really wrong to blame our players for their incompetency. The structure of our football system is horrible. They play only now and then. There is no gurantee. Players don't get paid well. Football is more about stamina and fitness and less about skill. You can pull it of with less practice in cricket if you are skilled enough, however you can't do it in football. So you can't really blame our football players for lack of dedication because it is not lack of dedication that kills our game. Blame the federation. Let the players buy as many digital cameras they want.

BanCricFan
August 20, 2007, 09:09 AM
I love Google.

Live link for the match: http://indiaforumtv.blogspot.com/2007/08/zee-sports.html

Buffers a lot though.

thanks, youngman

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 09:17 AM
Exciting, low quality match. India leading because of a Baichung Bhutia goal in the 5th minute of the first half, a goal that came a bit too cheaply if you ask me. Shoddy defending and finishing from BD. India looks slightly better because we seem shoddier. "Amily" seems to be the new Alfaz, and I don't mean that in a good way. End of first half.

Braveheart
August 20, 2007, 09:33 AM
right mid fielder of bd looks good though.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 09:51 AM
BD doing better in the second half in the sense that they seem more organized. Biplob (GK), Titu (LB) and BD #12 (RMF) are playing well. Players on both sides looking weak, slow and tired, except Baichung and the other Himalayan player.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 09:53 AM
Close calls ... Biplob keeps 'em out ... phew.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 09:55 AM
Moronic missed header from the Indian player off the corner, ball watching from BD defenders ... Biplob saves another one. BD has no midfield or offense it seems.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 09:55 AM
Another moronic miss from India ... no defense !!!

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 09:58 AM
BD players seem slower, kinda like an all-White prep basketball team playing PS#31 from innercity USA ... embarrassing really.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 09:58 AM
Alfaz in for his 20 minutes ...

Tigers_eye
August 20, 2007, 10:00 AM
SO we are still one down? how many minutes left?

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 10:06 AM
India seems to be closing the gap with better SEA teams like Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia, while we seem to be increasing that gap in terms of fitness, strength, speed and basic skills such as ball control and passing.

12 more minutes plus injury time ...

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 10:08 AM
Arman, # 7 for BD really sucks, as does # 11 whoever he happens to be ... oh "Robin" is his name !!!

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 10:11 AM
BD trying to press on with a series of uninspired, lethargic, lame, jodi laigga jay type of hopeless long balls Amily and Alfaz have never been fit or skilled enough to chase down ... this money would've been better spent on flood relief.

Dhruvo
August 20, 2007, 10:13 AM
wow sohel nr bhaiya can be a good commentator

akabir77
August 20, 2007, 10:13 AM
so what's the score?

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 10:16 AM
Arman taken off ... finally with 3 minutes to go, and after losing every battle in the middle of the field.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 10:18 AM
It's amazing how cheaply we give the ball away ...

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 10:19 AM
India's finishing is really pathetic also, they should be up 5-0 by now.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 10:20 AM
Double save from Biplob ... decent first save.

BanCricFan
August 20, 2007, 10:23 AM
watching BD play after 20 years- i can safely say, standard has only not improved a bit rather declined.

Zahid, Robin and Abul have shown some promise.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 10:23 AM
It's over ... India wins 1-0 ... now we need to lose to Cambodia for the hattrick ... barf !!!

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 10:24 AM
watching BD play after 20 years- i can safely say, standard has not only improved a bit rather declined.

Zahid, Robin and Abul have shown some promise.

Which one is #12? Abul or Zahid?

akabir77
August 20, 2007, 10:25 AM
FULLTIME: INDIA 1-0 Bangladesh

AsifTheManRahman
August 20, 2007, 12:59 PM
pathetic. this is one game that we should have won, because we've done it before.

Shehwar
August 20, 2007, 01:37 PM
Defeat to India feels terrible! Everytime we play them I just feel we shud really win! I remember the days when Mohammedan would beat New Radiant club and other South Asian Clubs 8-0 and 5-0 regularly and used to compete with clubs like Isteglal in top Asian Club Cup competitions...Sigh!..Gone are those days!..There was this deadly combination of Shabbir and Rohimov or Shabbir and Zivotnikov...Man! Shabbir used to play like a dream for Mohammedans but everytime he wud play for the national side he wud suck!...I remember him named once for the asian eleven...Things like that is hardto imagine now a days....Our national team was the best in South Asia...now we just suck..big time...feels really bad....I still think we shud atleast be the best in South Asia....I remember playing for my school...We are so football mad! Its one game we all play..How come we arent good!....I just find difficult to believe that our best combination cant beat India!

AsifTheManRahman
August 20, 2007, 01:46 PM
Well, we struggled to win the SAAF even when we were the best team in South Asia. Our weaker teams, on the other hand, helped bring home that glory. I really don't understand this stage fright that our athletes always seem to have at the international stage, soccer and cricket alike.

shaoun
August 20, 2007, 05:41 PM
i always hear that retired players like aslam,shabbir were so good but what have they given us. when they were playing bangladesh never won the saff games. even then we lost to india even pakistan. but guys like alfaz, armaan we won the saff games with them. we even won a trophy in myanmar with these guys.
i agree aslam, shabbir, monam munna were bigger star then alfaz, arman but i dont think they were too much better player then them. aslam shabbir were bigger star because that time everybody would watch football. now people watches cricket. ashraful, masrafee replaced these football players.

Sohel
August 20, 2007, 11:07 PM
Link:http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=885

Excerpt-

The Bangladeshi players ran out of steam to cope with Sunil Chetri's dazzling display at the left and Dias's teasing crosses from the right but Biplab made a series of saves to deny Chetri three times and efforts by Mehraj, Dias, Lawrence and Clifford, who also rattled the crossbar from 30 yards.

Ajaira shomoy ar poysha naushto ...

Braveheart
August 21, 2007, 09:06 AM
is there no link for Merdeka cup?

Shehwar
August 21, 2007, 09:11 AM
is there no link for Merdeka cup?

I was thinking the same thing! cant seem to find any...

Shehwar
August 21, 2007, 10:42 AM
Never mind! The match is over...We lost to Indonesia 1-0.

Braveheart
August 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
i was expecting a bigger loss. However, it sucks that we can't seem to win anything anywhere. Very demoralizing :(

akabir77
August 21, 2007, 08:47 PM
sending these players r same as sending BAFUFA to play. Bunch of moruns running the Football Fed

shaoun
August 22, 2007, 12:44 AM
if we lose to indonesia just by 1 goal i think thats pretty good. specially because our best team is in india. the team that went to malaysia is like our a-team.

Sohel
August 22, 2007, 01:27 AM
if we lose to indonesia just by 1 goal i think thats pretty good. specially because our best team is in india. the team that went to malaysia is like our a-team.

The diffence in quality exists only on paper.

Sohel
August 22, 2007, 09:30 AM
BD-1 Cambodia-0, halftime. Nice header from Abul off a corner puts BD ahead against the worst team in SEA. Alfaz and "Amily" lost and clueless as usual.

Tigers_eye
August 22, 2007, 10:04 AM
If the score remains same then in 3 match we scored 1 conceded 3. Not bad. If this was said to me before the tournament I would have happily accepted that.

jonny
August 22, 2007, 10:05 AM
Cambodia ranked 173 in the world , Bangladesh number 176 in latest FIFA ranking.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html#confederation=25998&rank=160

Sohel
August 22, 2007, 10:08 AM
If the score remains same then in 3 match we scored 1 conceded 3. Not bad. If this was said to me before the tournament I would have happily accepted that.

Some seriously low expectations there bro ... totally understandable. I say ban BD soccer now, maybe we can get some of our MODS to pull some strings and do what they do best.

Sohel
August 22, 2007, 10:10 AM
Number 12 for BD, Zahid I reckon, is a decent player, as is Biplob the GK.

Sohel
August 22, 2007, 10:17 AM
BD- eyak, the mighty Cambodians- jiru theikka doro koira phalailo ...

Oel pled polapain ... :notworthy:

Tigers_eye
August 22, 2007, 10:17 AM
Some seriously low expectations there bro ... totally understandable...
lol I had score lines like the following.
0-3 against Syria.
1-0 against India.
0-0 against Cambodia.

I don't think this is a low expectation from a bhanga chura team. ;)

Sohel
August 22, 2007, 10:20 AM
lol I had score lines like the following.
0-3 against Syria.
1-0 against India.
0-0 against Cambodia.

I don't think this is a low expectation from a bhanga chura team. ;)

Bheri turu T_E ... Bujhina amago phutbol kheilla ki labh? Dehi-i ba kyala?

jonny
August 22, 2007, 10:22 AM
Bangladesh - Cambodia 1-1 FT

Tigers_eye
August 22, 2007, 10:35 AM
Bangladesh - Cambodia 1-1 FT
Jhaah!! ieta ki post korlen?

jonny
August 22, 2007, 11:53 AM
30 min 1-0 Abul Hussain
90 min 1-1 Keo Kasal

AsifTheManRahman
August 22, 2007, 04:24 PM
BD- eyak, the mighty Cambodians- jiru theikka doro koira phalailo ...

Oel pled polapain ... :notworthy:

oel pled, kintu koydin aagei india je cambodia ke adha dozen roshogolla khawaichilo, eitao to dekhte hobe :)

Sohel
August 24, 2007, 09:44 AM
Ban- jiru, KGZ- oan, haptyme ...

No midfield and less than shoddy finishing as always. Costly defensive lapses became more frequent after the initial 20 minutes, meaning after our peleyarj ran out of steam as they usually do. The Central Asians should be leading 4 zip by now, but luck does not favor the descendants of the Golden Horde.

Not that it would've made that much of a difference, but the lack of match practice, and the notable absence of AK Joy, Arman M and Moti Munna (playing in MAL at the moment) is painfully obvious. "Amily" is useless. Biplob and Zahid continuing to play well.

Damn ... KGZ just scored another one. So much for that USD 10,000 and bharot bhromoner takata ot'hano !!! Barfola ...

Sohel
August 24, 2007, 09:45 AM
KGZ-3 BAN-jiru.

Sohel
August 24, 2007, 09:57 AM
Armainnah injured after getting nudged on the chest with the SOCCER BALL !!! WEAK ...

Sohel
August 24, 2007, 10:03 AM
oel pled, kintu koydin aagei india je cambodia ke adha dozen roshogolla khawaichilo, eitao to dekhte hobe :)

I waj chharkachtik bhaya ... :D

Tigers_eye
August 24, 2007, 12:05 PM
Did the misery end at 3?

Sohel
August 24, 2007, 12:47 PM
Did the misery end at 3?

Yep ...

Sohel
August 24, 2007, 11:34 PM
Link:http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=1371

Excerpt-

Football
Bangladesh routed
Sports Reporter

Kyrgyzstan tore apart an exhausted Bangladesh 3-0 yesterday to stay alive for a final berth in the Nehru Cup.

Vadim Herchenko was unstoppable and the winger exploited the tired legs of the Bangladesh defenders to set up a brace for Hurshid Lutfullaev and one goal for Ruslan Djamshidov, the striking duo who toured Bangladesh during the AFC Challenge Cup in April last year ...

Two minutes later, makeshift rightback Ariful unnecessarily lingered with the ball and conceded a corner which helped Kyrgyzstan go ahead when Hurshid, crowded by three defenders, stabbed in a low cross by Herchenko.