PDA

View Full Version : 7th Asian Cup Hockey

One World
August 19, 2007, 06:26 AM
Chennai India

Gr A: Pakistan, Japan, Malaysia, Hongkong, Singapore
Gr B: India, Korea, China, Srilanka, Thailand, Bangladesh

Aug 31. Bangladesh vs Thailand (possible win)
Sep 1. Bangladesh vs China
Sep 3. Bangladesh vs Srilanka (possible win)
Sep 4. Bangladesh vs India
Sep 6. Bangladesh vs Korea

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 06:59 AM
Another sport we should stop wasting money on. That said, I agree with OW, we should beat Thailand and Sri Lanka. China? Don't reckon so. Korea? Not in this lifetime.

Dhruvo
August 19, 2007, 07:18 AM
Is it true that bd was a good hockey team in the past and now they suck ?

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 09:51 AM
Is it true that bd was a good hockey team in the past and now they suck ?

Good? Not really. Once better than they have been in recent decades? Probably.

Dhruvo
August 19, 2007, 09:57 AM
Good? Not really. Once better than they have been in recent decades? Probably.
did they ever win from india or pakistan ?

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 10:05 AM
did they ever win from india or pakistan ?

Not that I remember. I remember a 17-0 loss to Pakistan when they were supposadly better than they are now.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 10:15 AM
oh so bd is good in only one sports and that is cricket eh ?

Pretty much. We're presumably good at shooting if you consider that a sport.

Dhruvo
August 19, 2007, 10:16 AM
Pretty much.
oh so how about the football team was it good at the time when you were a kid.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
oh so how about the football team was it good at the time when you were a kid.

They seemed better than they are now. I remember us tying Singapore after leading 2-0 in the first half and later beating Yemen at the youth level in the Asian Youth Cup in Dhaka. The senior team also did well after I moved to the US in 1980.

Dhruvo
August 19, 2007, 10:25 AM
They seemed better than they are now. I remember us tying Singapore after leading 2-0 in the first half and later beating Yemen at the youth level in the Asian Youth Cup in Dhaka. The senior team also did well after I moved to the US in 1980.
looks like i might never see bd football team winning a big match:(

AsifTheManRahman
August 19, 2007, 11:46 AM
Not that I remember. I remember a 17-0 loss to Pakistan when they were supposadly better than they are now.

That too after we had talked big about our chances of beating Pakistan the night before, AFAIR.

AsifTheManRahman
August 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
Another sport we should stop wasting money on.

Well, shouldn't we pretty much stop wasting our money on everything other than cricket, chess and perhaps shooting?

Sometimes I wonder how we turned out to be sore losers when it comes to sports. Too much rice in the diet?

Dhruvo
August 19, 2007, 11:55 AM
Well, shouldn't we pretty much stop wasting our money on everything other than cricket, chess and perhaps shooting?

Sometimes I wonder how we turned out to be sore losers when it comes to sports. Too much rice in the diet?
we are losers because the government does'nt take sports seriously they only take cricket seriously.

Sohel
August 19, 2007, 12:04 PM

I agree.

Diet and attitude are two of the reasons. Dramatic socio-economic disparity and 60 to 65% unemployment don't really help either, especially after the U-15 level. Look at India. Better than us? Sure. But for a country with a billion people? No.

I think we should spend money on and develop endurance sports like long distance cycling (rickshawallas), sculling, kayaking, walking and swimming.

One World
August 19, 2007, 01:35 PM
I remember BD won a Gold in only event of Tae K Wando in last SAF games.

djuice
August 31, 2007, 05:16 AM
Asia cup Update:
Bangladesh also found it easy in their opening encounter as they thrashed Thailand 13-0their biggest win in any international match. :fanflag::fire::fire::fanflag::fanflag::bravo::bra vo::joy::joy:

PoorFan
August 31, 2007, 05:20 AM
I knew someone will come up with this ... after all we are in desert in every kind of sports, oh well.:-p

rubel_18
August 31, 2007, 06:24 AM
OMG seriously, DATS KOOOOOLLL. THailand must be rly **** as well den...lol

Shehwar
August 31, 2007, 07:13 AM
BANGLADESH THRASH THAILAND 13-0 !!!

Bangladesh found it easy in their opening encounter as they thrashed Thailand 13-0, their biggest win in any international match.

Rasel Mahmud led Bangladesh's goal-spree against Thailand with four goals. Mohammad Mamun scored three, followed by Mohammad Zahidul Islam and Mohammad Iqbal Nadir with two apiece. Mohammad Jahidbin Talib and Khondokar Hasan were the other scorers.

"We expected to win the opening match, but never thought the margin would be so big. Our aim now is to play good hockey against big teams," said Bangladesh manager Mohammad Yusuf Ali.

Three-time champions Pakistan, Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore are in Group A while Group B comprises two-time winners South Korea, defending champions India, China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Thailand.

The top two teams from each group will advance to the semi-finals.

<!--google_ad_region_end=article-->http://sports.indiatimes.com/Malaysia_beat_Singapore_8-0/articleshow/2326084.cms<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = '
<iframe name="fr1904" id="fr1904" src="http://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/getad?slotid=1904" width="240" height="400" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" HSPACE="0" VSPACE="0" FRAMEBORDER="0" SCROLLING="no" align="right" title="Advertisement" ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true">http://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/photoserv?slotid=1904 (http://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/clickthrough?slotid=1904)</iframe>'; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bellyad.innerHTML = b2; { } </SCRIPT>

Sohel
August 31, 2007, 08:46 AM
Any win is a good win. 13 zip is even better than that. BUT ... is Thailand of field hockey like the Thailand of international cricket?

akabir77
August 31, 2007, 09:11 AM
Congratulations...

So what do we call our hockey team? I mean tiger is the cricket team so hockey team is...

Miraz
August 31, 2007, 09:25 AM
Congratulations to Bangladesh hockey team. Good win.

Few days ago some members were advocating to stop wasting money on hockey, hopefully they will think twice before claiming it again.

Tigers_eye
August 31, 2007, 09:34 AM
When we concede 16 goals from South Korea it is no fun.

Miraz
August 31, 2007, 09:39 AM
When we concede 16 goals from South Korea it is no fun.

T_E bhai, true, but football team will concede probably more against South Korea national team. Should we stop spending money for football too?

BTW, my post was not directed towards you. :)

Tigers_eye
August 31, 2007, 10:02 AM
T_E bhai, true, but football team will concede probably more against South Korea national team. Should we stop spending money for football too?

BTW, my post was not directed towards you. :)
I know, cause I have not said anything on not spending money on any sports. On the contrary, I want more money be spent on every sports, structure and facilities. :)

Good win but will not get us any medals.

Nocturnal
August 31, 2007, 01:01 PM
a very good win, hope they will do good in rest of their matches too.

Ahmed_B
August 31, 2007, 01:43 PM
World Hockey Ranking here... (http://www.worldhockey.org/vsite/vfile/page/fileurl/0,11040,1181-178327-195545-111904-0-file,00.pdf)

Another ranking here.. (http://www.ithf.info/stiga/ithf/ranking/ranking.aspx?ID=5)

Bangladesh is ranked 28th/26th... could not find Thailand anywhere! Probably they are something like sub-associate member or something. Dont be so yahoo guys! :)

abdulw11
August 31, 2007, 05:07 PM
World Hockey Ranking here... (http://www.worldhockey.org/vsite/vfile/page/fileurl/0,11040,1181-178327-195545-111904-0-file,00.pdf)

Another ranking here.. (http://www.ithf.info/stiga/ithf/ranking/ranking.aspx?ID=5)

The second one is for table hockey.

One World
August 31, 2007, 05:27 PM
Not so surprised that BD thrashed Thai's. But the big matches are ahead. China surprisingly doing very good and recently beat some of the powerful European teams. So I do not think any miracle is going to happen in upcoming matches. Although, this was a fine clinical effort from our hockey players. Kamal, a friend of mine who actually led one or two tournaments in national level must be proud of it. He is also a good friend of Faisal, the long hair coke model. I am not sure if he is a part of the Hockey Association any more.

Congratz Hockey guys!!

ialbd
August 31, 2007, 10:17 PM
go hockey tigers.....

Tigers_eye
August 31, 2007, 10:54 PM
:floor::floor::floor:

Rabz
August 31, 2007, 11:01 PM
13-0!
Thats a big win.
Congrats team.
Hopefully this would inspire the boys to play better in the next remaining games.

Puck
September 1, 2007, 06:59 AM
thailand used to be rather good in football once. i remember the venerable gohesh thapa.. perhaps he was from somewhere else..

Shehwar
September 1, 2007, 07:22 AM
Today's Results so far:

South Korea beat Thailand 16-0

Japan beat Pakistan 3-1 (!!!???)

Sohel
September 1, 2007, 09:23 AM
thailand used to be rather good in football once. i remember the venerable gohesh thapa.. perhaps he was from somewhere else..

Gaunesh Thapa was from Nepal ... Thailand's still one of the better SEA sides in soccer.

Sohel
September 1, 2007, 09:24 AM
From hero to zero ... stable investment from our deep pockets.

Ahmed_B
September 1, 2007, 01:08 PM
so... Thailands are no good in T-hockey either.. ;)

abdulw11
September 1, 2007, 01:15 PM
so... Thailands are no good in T-hockey either.. ;)

Lol, good comeback from your blunder. :D

abdulw11
September 1, 2007, 01:37 PM
Bangladesh hockey team's joy of their record-breaking win was short-lived as they were brought down to earth by China with a 6-0 thumping in the 7th Men's Asia Cup Hockey in Chennai yesterday.

Bangladesh had a dream start to their campaign after they annihilated Thailand 13-0 on Friday. And yesterday, the Thais went down to a staggering 16-0 loss at the hands of South Korea .

Bangladesh will now meet Sri Lanka tomorrow in their third match of the Group B and then meet giants India on September 4 and South Korea on September 6.

http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=2243

Shehwar
September 3, 2007, 02:55 AM
Latest News:

Bangladesh beat Srilanka 3-2

China beat Thailand 13-0

Shehwar
September 3, 2007, 09:19 AM
2 wins out of 3 matches for us so far......

Rommel
September 3, 2007, 11:07 AM
Wow 2 wins out of 3 is pretty good even though I don't know how good the competition is. Also is this field hockey or ice hockey?

Sohel
September 3, 2007, 11:34 AM
... Also is this field hockey or ice hockey? ...

Surely you jest ...

Dhruvo
September 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
Wow 2 wins out of 3 is pretty good even though I don't know how good the competition is. Also is this field hockey or ice hockey?
its field hockey ofcourse :lol:

Shehwar
September 4, 2007, 07:23 AM
POINTS TABLE SO FAR:

<TABLE class=score cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#999999 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#cccccc colSpan=8>POOL A</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>TEAM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>P</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>W</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>D</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>L</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>GF</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>GA</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>PTS</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Malaysia</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>21</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>1</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>6</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Japan</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>10</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>6</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Pakistan</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>1</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>15</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>4</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>6</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Hong Kong</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>4</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>1</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>6</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>28</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Singapore</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>19</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>0</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#cccccc colSpan=8>POOL B</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#cccccc>TEAM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>P</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>W</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>D</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>L</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>GF</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>GA</TD><TD vAlign=top width=15 bgColor=#cccccc>PTS</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>India</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>24</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>9</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>S Korea</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>1</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>30</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>5</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>6</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>China</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>1</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>19</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>1</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>6</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Bangladesh</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>2</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>1</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>16</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>8</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>6</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Sri Lanka</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>4</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>35</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>0</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>Thailand</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff> </TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>3</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>0</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>42</TD><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sohel
September 4, 2007, 08:53 AM
I have no doubts that the Koreans will kick out butts, but hope the Indians don't.

Dhruvo
September 4, 2007, 10:55 AM
I have no doubts that the Koreans will kick out butts, but hope the Indians don't.
we can kick the indians and the koreans out only if we have a good defence of ours,the most important thing in any sport is defence,we could had become the no.1 team in hockey only if our dence and goal saving was more tight and we still can become one if we have a good technical coach and if we have a good academy team also if we give everything for our youth hockey team and nurture them properly.

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2007, 11:04 AM
we can kick the indians and the koreans out only if we have a good defence of ours,the most important thing in any sport is defence,we could had become the no.1 team in hockey only if our dence and goal saving was more tight and we still can become one if we have a good technical coach and if we have a good academy team also if we give everything for our youth hockey team and nurture them properly.
Bhaia,
You have no understanding of our current Hockey team's standard. Heck our Hockey league's standard. I am expecting a minimum of 6 against India and South Korea each (conceding). That is how our physical fitness is.

BKSP does have a hockey program (nurturing youth). That is not enough. Our league is in shambles. The structure is worse than Cricket or Football.

akabir77
September 4, 2007, 11:05 AM
T_E your dream came true.. 6-0 it is...

Dhruvo
September 4, 2007, 11:12 AM
Bhaia,
You have no understanding of our current Hockey team's standard. Heck our Hockey league's standard. I am expecting a minimum of 6 against India and South Korea each (conceding). That is how our physical fitness is.

BKSP does have a hockey program (nurturing youth). That is not enough. Our league is in shambles. The structure is worse than Cricket or Football.
yes,but just if we can improve that we mi8ght just go to the top 20's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigers_eye
September 4, 2007, 11:17 AM
T_E your dream came true.. 6-0 it is...
sorry to hear that. :(

akabir77
September 4, 2007, 02:00 PM

looks like you are wrong about the defense or at least about the goli...

Zahid, adjudged man-of-the-match for his heroics under the bar, made his first save after five minutes when he foiled out Raghunath's flick from a PC before padding out Shivender's push on one-on-one.

Source:dailystar.net

Sohel
September 5, 2007, 02:30 AM
Abar khailam maorhagor latthi ... porha kaupal !!!

Dhruvo
September 5, 2007, 02:40 AM
looks like you are wrong about the defense or at least about the goli...

Source:dailystar.net
i am wrong about the goli but not the ,if the defence was strong then how on earth did india get so many shots at the goli, the defence must had been worthless and hopeless, just a good goli isnt enough you also need some good defenders to assist the goli thats why a team is a team.

Sohel
September 5, 2007, 03:59 AM
i am wrong about the goli but not the defence if the defence was strong the how on earth did india get so many shots at the goli the defence must had been worthless and hopeless just a good goli isnt enough you also need some good defenders to assist the goli thats why a team is a team.

The cold hard truth bro ... WE SUCK AT HOCKEY. BD in Hockey = Burkina Faso in Lacrosse ... :D

BTW, please allow me to introduce you to the concept and use of "punctuation": -

Punctuation is everything in written language other than the actual letters, including punctuation marks (listed at right), inter-word spaces, capitalization, and indentation.

Punctuation marks are symbols that correspond to neither phonemes (sounds) of a language nor to lexemes (words and phrases), but which serve to indicate the structure and organization of writing, as well as intonation and pauses to be observed when reading it aloud. See orthography.

In English, punctuation is vital to disambiguate the meaning of sentences. For example, "Woman, without her man, is nothing." and "Woman: without her, man is nothing." have greatly different meanings, as do "Eats shoots and leaves" and "Eats, shoots and leaves".

The rules of punctuation vary with language, location, register, and time, and are constantly evolving. Certain aspects of punctuation are stylistic, and thus the author's (or editor's) choice. Tachygraphic language forms, such as those used in online chat and text messages, may have wildly different rules.

Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

Dhruvo
September 5, 2007, 04:23 AM
The cold hard truth bro ... WE SUCK AT HOCKEY. BD in Hockey = Burkina Faso in Lacrosse ... :D

BTW, please allow me to introduce you to the concept and use of "punctuation": -
i know about pucntuation but its just too boring.

Sohel
September 5, 2007, 04:30 AM
i know about pucntuation but its just too boring.

Good answer.

bythewaytheonlyhockeyplayeriveknownwasmyyoungestpa ternalunclewhosecareercametoacrashibghaltbecauseof thelushaibrothersramaanddondonlushaiandtheirsuperi orskillsidontthinkeitherindiaorpakistanwilleverbre akintothetopthreeofinternationalhockeyagain

Dhruvo
September 5, 2007, 04:43 AM
Good answer.

bythewaytheonlyhockeyplayeriveknownwasmyyoungestpa ternalunclewhosecareercametoacrashibghaltbecauseof thelushaibrothersramaanddondonlushaiandtheirsuperi orskillsidontthinkeitherindiaorpakistanwilleverbre akintothetopthreeofinternationalhockeyagain
hmm. oh so your uncle used to play hockey ?

Sohel
September 5, 2007, 04:55 AM
hmm. oh so your uncle used to play hockey ?

Yep.

By the way the only hockey player I've known was my youngest paternal uncle whose career came to a crashing halt because of the Lushai brothers, Rama and Dondon Lushai, and their superior skills.

I don't think either India or Pakistan will ever break into the top three of international hockey again.

Now wasn't that a little less cryptic?

Dhruvo
September 5, 2007, 06:57 AM
Yep.

By the way the only hockey player I've known was my youngest paternal uncle whose career came to a crashing halt because of the Lushai brothers, Rama and Dondon Lushai, and their superior skills.

I don't think either India or Pakistan will ever break into the top three of international hockey again.

Now wasn't that a little less cryptic?
hahaha:lol: good one,yeah its less cryptic lol :lol:

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2007, 08:03 AM
Sohel bhai,
Alam Mama was in the national team before liberation (and that time Pakistan was the best team in the World). He was that good. I think you didn't know that. And yes, I played field hockey for 6 years too. :)

Sohel
September 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
Sohel bhai,
Alam Mama was in the national team before liberation (and that time Pakistan was the best team in the World). He was that good. I think you didn't know that. And yes, I played field hockey for 6 years too. :)

Hot dang bro ... that's great to know. Alam uncle rocks in many more ways than we'll ever know.

My Baset chacha played goalie for Usha in the 70s. I played both roller and Ice hockey in California ... never field hockey. Anything with a stick bro, and I'm in. Hockey, Baseball, Cricket, Golf, Tennis, Danguli ... you name it.

akabir77
September 5, 2007, 09:35 AM
our computer analyst NASU bhai's sister got married to one of the hockey player. He was well known at that time... but i forgot his name. Kamal or something... I went to that Wedding and sat beside Akram and some other players. I was very young at that time. And akram was the captain of BD team. And most of the team sat that Table. (Actually Nasu bhai arranged my seat so that i can seat with them) any how Akram bhai is a very gentle person. he would not take a single item with out giving me some (as i couldn't reach the heavy bowls and stuff) though i couldn't eat much as i was staring at them all the time. beside he was eating a lot (i think at least 2 or 3 full chicken roast) and i couldn't compete with him specially at that age...

Tigers_eye
September 6, 2007, 01:46 PM
0-8 against South Korea.
0-6 against India.
3-2 against SL.
0-6 against China.
13-0 against Thailand.
16-22 overall.

http://www.ittefaq.com/get.php?d=07/09/07/w/n_zmyrvt

Nocturnal
September 6, 2007, 06:49 PM
After a rest day today, the classification matches will begin tomorrow. Bangladesh, who finished fourth in the group, will meet Pakistan in their first game for the 5th-8th place play-offs. source (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=2948)

Sohel
September 7, 2007, 04:53 AM
0-8, add another page to the annals of this wise investment.

bharat
September 9, 2007, 10:44 AM
India wins the Asia cup ...good times for Indian hockey are round the corner ..I hope it reaches its glory days again.what suprised me is the margin of victory against SK (7-2).

Final Standing:

1. India
2. South Korea
3. Malaysia
4. Japan
5. China
6. Pakistan
7. Bangladesh
8. Hong Kong
9. Sri Lanka
10. Singapore
11. Thailand <!--google_ad_region_end=article-->

Sohel
September 10, 2007, 01:48 AM
We also lost 0-10 to the Paikkaz BTW ... great investment eh?

Tigers_eye
September 10, 2007, 08:38 AM
Beat 3-1 Hongkong. :)
Leaders of the bottom five.

Miraz
September 10, 2007, 08:42 AM
We also lost 0-10 to the Paikkaz BTW ... great investment eh?

Finished 7th in Asia.

Have to find out our place in football within Asian nations.

Sohel
September 10, 2007, 12:27 PM
Finished 7th in Asia.

Have to find out our place in football within Asian nations.

I don't think we'll go beyond those "accomplishments" in men's field hockey and soccer ... EVER ... sigh.