PDA

View Full Version : a question

pathan
August 24, 2007, 07:13 AM
i have a question and dont know where to ask it
so i m asking it from BC'ers
umar gul took the last two wickets of 2nd PAK vs SR match of of abu-dabhi then he did not play in the third game and since than he never bowl a single delivery in internationl cricket
so my question is
IS UMAR GUL IS ON HATRICK..???:-/:-/:-/:-/
if yes than is he is on hatrick in T20 or he is on hatrick when the next time pak play an ODI match
39.4 Umar Gul to Bandara, OUT, he too falls, pulling Gul straight to Hameed at midwicket, and this match is almost over
CM Bandara c Yasir Hameed b Umar Gul 11 (16b 2x4 0x6) SR: 68.75
In lopes Perera
39.5 Umar Gul to Perera, OUT, and he goes first ball, playing all over a full and straight delivery that crashes into middle stump as Sri Lanka go down by 98 runs
PDRL Perera b Umar Gul 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

abdulrahee
August 24, 2007, 07:43 AM
i also dont know it so I ask it to cricinfo in "ask steven" column

Tigers_eye
August 24, 2007, 08:02 AM
Hatrick on ODIs when he plays the next one day cricket. Not in Twenty/20.

sadi
August 24, 2007, 10:17 AM

Yup...

Surfer
August 24, 2007, 10:19 AM
Tigers eye answered that. What I wonder how long the poor guy will have to wait to see if he gets his hat-trick.

sadi
August 24, 2007, 10:20 AM
You never know with Pakistan. I won't be surprised if he never get his chance again.

abdulrahee
August 24, 2007, 10:46 AM
You never know with Pakistan. I won't be surprised if he never get his chance again.

yes thats sad but right

Murad
August 24, 2007, 09:48 PM

what? it will be a hat-trick if he gets a wicken in his first ball of the next ODI he plays?

Rabz
August 24, 2007, 10:09 PM
what? it will be a hat-trick if he gets a wicken in his first ball of the next ODI he plays?

exactly.
weird but it would be a hattrick.

Surfer
August 25, 2007, 01:14 AM
exactly.
weird but it would be a hattrick.

I am having a tough time explaining that to people in another forum. Can you help me find out the rules?

abdulrahee
August 28, 2007, 10:54 PM
i also dont know it so I ask it to cricinfo in "ask steven" column

ooh no they dont answer it in this week column hope they will do in next week

RazabQ
August 28, 2007, 11:18 PM
TE said it absolutely correctly. I've seen instances of hattricks involving multiple overs and innings in Tests but this would have to be a first. Its interesting that most of the promising pacers from Pakistan these days - Gul, Asif - are of the McGrath/Pollock mould. Where are the reverse swing merchants? Shoib seems to be the last one of that school.

Tintin
August 29, 2007, 02:54 AM
No, no. By convention, all the wickets have to be taken in a single match (it could be in the first and second innings of the same match) for someone to take a hat-trick. So it will NOT be considered a hat-trick even if Gul takes a wicket with his next ball.

Sohel
August 29, 2007, 03:52 AM
Where are the reverse swing merchants? Shoib seems to be the last one of that school.

RQ mah brotha, how could you possibly bypass Mohammad Sharif and Alamgir Kabir, our very own "sultans of swing" ??? Blasphemy and sedition tightly rolled into one unsightly package ... hmm ... :ticking:

PS: Some of my friends think that the icon looks like me when I'm mad, only with less hair where it counts.