PDA

View Full Version : My friend's band

Rommel
August 25, 2007, 05:23 PM
Hey guys. My friend is in a up a coming band called The Breakdown. I was wondering if you guys want to hear a little bit of their music on myspace.
Heres the link:
http://www.myspace.com/thebreakdownrocks

They are a pretty good band and they won a battle of the bands here in Georgia not too long ago.

Bancan
August 25, 2007, 07:16 PM
Thats really good. Surprised that they are unsigned. But the songs are too short. I guess they are demos. Anyway good luck to them.

Also they have some attractive friends. :)

Rommel
August 25, 2007, 08:04 PM
Yea the songs they had on the website were just a short preview for the actual length songs on their EP which will come out soon.

One World
August 25, 2007, 11:07 PM
Nice! The first songs are kind of Counting Crows influenced whereas the seccond song sounded more close to U2 well guitar works.

Puck
August 26, 2007, 06:44 AM
their sound fits in very much within the guitar reef oriented american pop-rock with elements of grunge emanating from the first chord.
they have as good a chance of being signed up by a record company for sounding so much like other similar white guitar bands in america at present. however, the same could also be their downfall. the derivative goes either way.

good luck.

One World
August 26, 2007, 11:20 AM
As the mentioning of grunge music I always felt the Bangladeshi version of Genration X is our beloved Projonmo Ekattur. Sorry being off-topic.