PDA

View Full Version : Tendulkar's 90s

Sohel
August 26, 2007, 10:15 AM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/4ddd342640.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

The Master has been out 20 times in the 90s. 13 times in ODIs and 7 times in tests. Both 13 and 7 have been unlucky numbers for Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. Had he been more lucky, we'd be looking at 54 ODI tons from 80 probables (50s) and 44 tons from 45 probables in tests for 98 centuries in total to date. The could-have-been convertion rate of 67.5% in ODIs and 97.8% in tests is just un-worldly in the modern or any other era.

Tendy ... :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Puck
August 26, 2007, 01:10 PM
he needs to master reaching the ton a little more ;)

Padosan
August 26, 2007, 02:34 PM
we shld also note the fact that he is (one of ??) the unluckiest of batsmen in umpiring decisions, we can keep quoting abt the raw deals he has got till date. These things apart he is a real sport who is truly enjoying his game even now and am sure luck will favor him atleast from now on towards the fag end of his career.

Puck
August 26, 2007, 08:08 PM
i think he still is a very useful player who could play on for at least two more years at the highest level. would love to see him at county level..

One World
August 26, 2007, 08:52 PM
Yah Sachin Tendulkar is one of those few cricketers for whom we can proudly say that we watched him batting at his primetime. Its always amazing to watch batsmen like Sachin or Lara when they get going. I wont mind a shaky 99 and hope he keeps up his good work for few more years.

Puck
August 27, 2007, 05:52 AM
it would've been nice if lara played county cricket. i guess he doesn't need the money anymore!

rahman
August 29, 2007, 06:59 AM
tendulkar gud player aswell the unluckiest player in da world

Puck
August 30, 2007, 05:27 AM
i think he is better than 'gud', he is good ;)

Surfer
September 1, 2007, 01:17 AM
it would've been nice if lara played county cricket. i guess he doesn't need the money anymore!

There hardly comes a time when someone does not need anymore money.

Puck
September 1, 2007, 07:12 AM
There hardly comes a time when someone does not need anymore money.

perhaps he didn't want to be involved in the nitty gritty of a four month county season. perhaps, the right money wasn't offered. perhaps he wanted a rest. perhaps he wanted to play in limited over matches only. there is an air of arrogance that surrouds the entourage of lara. they seem to make the decisions rather than the great man himself.

Surfer
September 1, 2007, 08:26 AM
perhaps he didn't want to be involved in the nitty gritty of a four month county season. perhaps, the right money wasn't offered. perhaps he wanted a rest. perhaps he wanted to play in limited over matches only. there is an air of arrogance that surrouds the entourage of lara. they seem to make the decisions rather than the great man himself.

Right said. There has been an arrogance in Lara. That arrogance inspired him to first break the record of Sobers, helped him play some great innings like the 400. At the same time, the arrogance didnt allow him to be a consistent performer. Thats my point of view.

Puck
September 1, 2007, 11:20 PM
Right said. There has been an arrogance in Lara. That arrogance inspired him to first break the record of Sobers, helped him play some great innings like the 400. At the same time, the arrogance didnt allow him to be a consistent performer. Thats my point of view.

i wasn't referring to cricketing arrogance surfer. i have a few west indian contacts all of whom had previously been close to the west indian cricket teams. lara was the only player who would not allow them the time of day. 'respect' has a different meaning to these black guys and they certainly weren't happy with lara in the recent tour of england. even as a retired cricketer he declined many interviews and visits..

Sohel
September 5, 2007, 10:35 AM
It just happened again at the Oval ... Tendy gone at 94 ... his TWENTY-FIRST 90 !

Hatebreed
September 5, 2007, 11:08 AM
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/8152/000000018xz4.jpg

al Furqaan
September 5, 2007, 11:10 AM
practically speaking a 90 is as good as a small 100...unless your team loses by <10 runs with an over to spare.

but no one can expect to score all 100s...which scares me because i have trouble remembering the last time ash scored 50 and failed to score 100 in tests at least. he's due for a statistical dissappointment :(

Sohel
November 8, 2007, 11:18 PM
TWENTY SECOND dismissal in the 90s now ... 99 against Pakistan yesterday in Mohali.

Another kitten goes to heaven ... :(

AsifTheManRahman
November 9, 2007, 12:47 AM
Here's (http://usa.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/current/story/318887.html) what the stats gurus have to say about this kitten situation.

Sohel
November 9, 2007, 02:14 AM
Here's (http://usa.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/current/story/318887.html) what the stats gurus have to say about this kitten situation.

Good dig ATMR ... thanks ... :)

After being dismissed in the nineties just ten times in his first 17 years of one-day cricket, the jinx has struck Sachin Tendulkar five times over the last five months. Three of those knocks have been 99s, which makes Tendulkar the only batsman to be dismissed at that score thrice.

Sohel
November 16, 2007, 06:47 AM
And it happens again at 97, the HUJUR joins him at 99 ... double bummer ... :(

Surfer
November 16, 2007, 07:49 AM
Poor chap!! But then how many can keep making 90s so frequently?

One World
November 17, 2007, 02:03 AM
Poor chap!! But then how many can keep making 90s so frequently?

A hundred year old :(

ellawilson
November 22, 2007, 06:55 AM
Just we guess but what is the problem , only Tendulkar knows:lol: