PDA

View Full Version : a model team

pathan
August 26, 2007, 12:49 PM
hey guys let us discuss the model team of odi's and test's

FOR TEST'S

two opening batsman one is righty and one is lefty
4 pure batsman from which one atlest should be lafty
out of these 6 batsman one should be handy bowler(spinners are prefered)
a keeper which should be good batsman
one or two geniun quick express bowler(s)
one or two geniun swing and seam bowlers
out of these 3 one should be left armer
an specialest spinner

FOR ODI'S

two opening batsman/one should be lafty/one should be hard hitting who can utilise power plays
3 pure middle order batsman who are not sloggers
out of these 5 batsman one should be a handy bowler
a batting allrounder
a keeper who can hit the ball hard when needed and stay on crease when required
a player who can hit the ball very hard and slog in last overs and he should also bowl good enough that if he fail with the bat he can cover it with his bowling or in general a bowling allrounder who can accelerate the innign
3 seamers or two seamers one spinner if bowling allrounder is seamer
a teams should consist of 6-7 bowlers out of which 3 or 4 must be seamers depending on the condition of pitch

example for test
hayden
ganguli
tendulakar
dravid
lara
yousuf
sangakara
asif
micgrath
shoaib
murali

for odi's

jayasuria
tendulakar
ponting
lara
inzi
flintoff
gilly
afridi/symonds(depending on pitch)
if afridi than lee and if symonms than warne
pollak
mcgrath

Puck
August 26, 2007, 01:12 PM
if i am not mistaken both hayden and ganguli are left handed. i'd personally have alastair cook as the left hander. now choose the right hander!

Puck
August 26, 2007, 01:15 PM
my middle order would be ponting, dravid and yusuf.

lara and mcgrath have both retired too ;)

bangla44
August 26, 2007, 02:16 PM
thinking about it india have almost the perfect test apart the openers jaffer and karthik both being right hand bats

Puck
August 26, 2007, 08:11 PM
in present form i would replace tendulkar with ponting, and ganguli with pietersen. then you have perfect middle order.

Gowza
August 26, 2007, 09:15 PM
test team (active players):
hayden
tendulkar
ponting
dravid
hussey
yousuf
sangakkara (keeper)
kallis/kumble (depending on pitch and whether you want another spinner or pace bowler)
bond
clark
muralitharan
(batting order can be different - i'm not too good at putting players at the right position)

one-day team:
gilchrist (keeper)
shewag
ponting
tendulkar
pietersen
hussey
jaysuriya
flintoff
symonds
lee/bracken
bond
(if needed pietersen, shewag and hussey can bowl a bit)

i don't think there's a specific formula that is better than the other, unless you've got perfect allrounders who can bowl as well as a bowler and at the same time bat as well as a batsman every match. basically i think the idea is to have 4-5 high quality bowlers and 6-7 high quality batsmen and that way you don't need to rely on allrounders too much (the more jobs a player has the tougher it is for them to do well at all of their jobs). i don't think left or right handed players make that much of a difference, if they're a quality player then they're a quality player, it does make it a bit more difficult for the opposition but i don't think it makes too much of a difference.

Puck
August 27, 2007, 05:52 AM
i would actually put pietersen instead of the little master in the test team.

Gowza
August 27, 2007, 06:37 AM
i would actually put pietersen instead of the little master in the test team.

yeah pietersen is definatly up there, the reason i'd choose tendulkar over pietersen is purely because of longevity. tendulkar having played 140 test matches with an average of 54.92 against pietersens 30 test matches at 52.69. though this sort of team would be subject to form, so if pietersen was in better form then you'd give him the nod.

Puck
August 27, 2007, 08:49 PM
i was going by present form!

Mahir
August 28, 2007, 11:16 PM
i was going by present form!

or you just want to yank the Little Master from any sort of team altogether ? ;)

Sohel
August 29, 2007, 03:21 AM
1. Fabio, the male supermodel (switch hitter)
2. Fardeen (Tibbot shaving cream, right handed)
3. Monalisa (C, in honor of Zahid, miss you bro)
4. Tinni
5. Moushumi (WK)
6. Nyomi C
7. Heidi K (VC)
8. Ferdous (Mone lague dola ..., the myathor product of late, ektin')
9. Riaz (babbaaah ...)
10. Shabnoor
11. Malaika A

12th person: Cindy C

Coach (Fielding): Aly Zaker
Asst Coach (Fielding): Ramendu Maujumdar
Physio: Asaduzzaman Noor

Team motto: If you can act, you can model, and if you can model, you can act ... :-*

Puck
August 30, 2007, 05:29 AM
or you just want to yank the Little Master from any sort of team altogether ? ;)

well, there wasn't a hidden agenda. however, my present team certainly should not have him at all. the only batsman of over 30 would be ricky ponting.

Gowza
August 30, 2007, 06:28 AM
well, there wasn't a hidden agenda. however, my present team certainly should not have him at all. the only batsman of over 30 would be ricky ponting.

didn't you say in a previous post that your middle order would be ponting, dravid and yousuf? they're all over 30...

Puck
August 30, 2007, 06:40 PM
yes but i have changed my mind now. it would be ponting, pietersen and bell :)

Gowza
September 11, 2007, 11:29 PM
having another think about it it would be pretty tough to pick between stuart clark, shane bond and mohammad asif, depending on the pitch i might have to leave out kallis/kumble and have all 3 pace bowlers (clark, bond, asif).

djuice
September 12, 2007, 04:02 AM
No BD players..???? I crap on such a team

Gowza
September 12, 2007, 04:30 AM
No BD players..???? I crap on such a team

maybe nazimuddin in T20's...if he keeps up that consistency he'd be good enough to be in any national side.