PDA

View Full Version : what did banglacricket teach you

Dhruvo
August 27, 2007, 09:07 AM
what did banglacricket teach you,it taught me dicipline and thanks to reverse_swing i learnt alot from him and i am trying not to post one line post too often from now on and maintaining the forum rules ,this forum also helped me to type fast, please share about what bc taught you and also please dont forget to rate this thread.

Tigers_eye
August 27, 2007, 09:30 AM
BanglaCricket taught me to be humble (Zunaid, he is just too powerful online, shamna shamni no match).

BanglaCricket taught me that there are people who don't mind doing the dirty work (chinaman and R_S). My utmost respect to them. People like them needs to be on a leadership role in BD.

BanglaCricket taught me that if you are on the top of the food chain, you get to know things last (Tehsin).

BanglaCricket taught me to feel proud to be among a group of people who are scholars and who know 10+ folds more than me on any subject (RazabQ, Arnab, Zunaid, C_B, Pundit, Sohel, Nasif, Shaad, and so many more).

BanglaCricket taught me that there are people who can juggle everything in life at one go (Miraz). I can't even dream to be that efficient.

BanglaCricket taught me how to behave with my younger generations. At times being harsh (spitfire) and other times encouraging (spitfire).

BanglaCricket taught me to respect talent (Fazal, khek Babubhai). Respect people (from other nations and culture). Respect others opinion.

BanglaCricket gave me the opportunity to open up the highest number of threads in Other sports ;) That forum is mine. I know I don't own it but I own it.

Dhruvo
August 27, 2007, 09:34 AM
won't you rate the thread t_e bhaiya ?

Tigers_eye
August 27, 2007, 09:36 AM
won't you rate the thread t_e bhaiya ?
Sorry, did rate the thread now. Excellent thread for everyone.

Dhruvo
August 27, 2007, 09:48 AM
Sorry, did rate the thread now. Excellent thread for everyone.
thank you, your comments mean alot to me,looks like i have tp rate this thread for myself ;) just kidding feel free to post and rate this thread okay.

Puck
August 27, 2007, 11:20 AM
since all present here would be focusing on the positive, i wanted to focus on the negetive! banglacricket reminded me that there is still too much complacency, narrowmindedness, lack of tolerance along with an overwhelming tendency to be judgemental in the bengali community..

tonoy
August 27, 2007, 01:46 PM
You mean we were supposed to learn something here? Curse you all!

Dhruvo
August 27, 2007, 01:50 PM
You mean we were supposed to learn something here? Curse you all!
we werent supposed to learn but we did learn a few things from here things like manners,fast typing,proper english etc. get it lol

akabir77
August 27, 2007, 02:50 PM
It taught me not to open a thread with a title like this one :floor::floor::floor:

ok all jokes aside what ever T_E said... (oh i learned this from BC too):-D

Fazal
August 27, 2007, 04:55 PM
What did banglacricket teach you?

Who is teaching? Tiger Bhai? About what? When? Why? Is it free or what?

Are we supposed learn here or have some fun?

Omio
August 27, 2007, 07:03 PM
BanglaCricket(R-S) taught me not to post any free live link.:smug:

One World
August 27, 2007, 09:27 PM
Definiely how to spell commentator - no truth is I enjoy being here, specially the mixture of very different people, mostly talented and smart, the different aspects of everyone's thought process and how each of the members interpret the topics, the variation, the new innovative subject matters every other day - its waaay beyond priceless!

Cricket - hmm only about BD cricketers specially the upcoming cricketers, truth is you can learn more cricket in any other site. Other than new analytic information about current players from few dedicated members generally threads rotate in a circular motion. Ash re boshao, Golla keno khale, Line up paltao, Alokke ano, Tusharke ferao etc.

Gallary - Yesssssssssss! Even you are thousands mile away you can become a part of the match just being here in the match thread. A combination of BC match thread with a free poorly streaming video link + a cup of coffee and life gets blessed with a sudden win against a mighty cricketing power. (sorry not a lesson but its a blessing)

Tehsin
August 27, 2007, 10:31 PM
WHOA. What's going on in here ? No body tells me nothing. GRRRR. If only I were from Arkansas. Wait a second, I am (formerly) from Arkansas. :)

What I have (re)learned over and over again is that you can't make everyone happy and no matter what, some people will always blame you for things/events you had no knowledge of. ;)

Dhruvo
August 29, 2007, 06:38 PM
hmm looks like not too many people learnt many things here in bc accept T_E bhaiya,thats sad news i hope they can learn the unlearnt things soon lolz :-D

Ahmed_B
August 30, 2007, 02:04 AM
Not many replies... but interesting thread Dhrubo.

There are many small things ofcourse... but I'd rather mention something very valuable that I found from BC:

After staying in BC for several years .... I know now that no matter in which part of the world the Bangladeshi's are... they will be hungry to join their 'deshi' people on hot issues like cricket or politics or career or pure BD style entertainment and not hesitate to spend hours and hours of their valuable time just to get a touch of the home people! At first I used to think that only 'buiras' who spent their early life in BD are nostalgic like that... but now I know that the pichhis' are even crazier! :)

Nocturnal
August 30, 2007, 02:07 AM
khub bhalo bolsen Ahmed_B :)

Dhruvo
August 30, 2007, 02:19 AM
Not many replies... but interesting thread Dhrubo.

There are many small things ofcourse... but I'd rather mention something very valuable that I found from BC:

After staying in BC for several years .... I know now that no matter in which part of the world the Bangladeshi's are... they will be hungry to join their 'deshi' people on hot issues like cricket or politics or career or pure BD style entertainment and not hesitate to spend hours and hours of their valuable time just to get a touch of the home people! At first I used to think that only 'buiras' who spent their early life in BD are nostalgic like that... but now I know that the pichhis' are even crazier! :)
thanks for the comment anyways we the pichi organization are crazier than you think ,we are a bit unpredictable actually:-D

Sumon77
August 30, 2007, 03:39 AM
definitely learnt the difference of Bhaiya and Vaiya. didnt care that much about it before.. :)

Antora
August 30, 2007, 05:46 AM
interesting thread dhrubo!!!!!!!!!!!
lets see... i learnt heaps about the bangladeshi cricketerz!!!!!lol

cricket_pagol
August 30, 2007, 06:27 AM
definitely learnt the difference of Bhaiya and Vaiya. didnt care that much about it before.. :)

What's the difference? Bhaia for older people and Vaiya for younger people?

Puck
August 30, 2007, 06:41 AM
i imagine it is all to do with how many grey hairs one has..

Sumon77
August 30, 2007, 07:11 AM
What's the difference? Bhaia for older people and Vaiya for younger people?
no... its the pronunciation and spelling... there is a whole thread about it..
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=23125&highlight=koi

Alien
August 30, 2007, 08:32 AM
Teaches me what goes around comes around (Dawah or DT).

Sohel
August 30, 2007, 08:54 AM
BC taught me that I have brothers and sisters I never thought existed, and the fact that they are everywhere ... I'm not talking about really active parents here BTW.

Tigers_eye
August 30, 2007, 08:55 AM
... what ever T_E said... (oh i learned this from BC too):-D
You are being too humble.

Yes sir Fazal Bhai,
You are correct. We are here to have some fun. Yet at times it becomes no fun.

Tehsin bhai,
We are no longer the small community that once we were. We have doubled in size. Total # of 20 families now. :) Greater little rock has 30+. :) Wanna move back? :big_hug: We regularly play Tennis, basketball, Carom, Table tennis and Wii. And no politics here, no shomity also.

akabir77
August 30, 2007, 09:43 AM
You are being too humble.

Yes sir Fazal Bhai,
You are correct. We are here to have some fun. Yet at times it becomes no fun.

Tehsin bhai,
We are no longer the small community that once we were. We have doubled in size. Total # of 20 families now. :) Greater little rock has 30+. :) Wanna move back? :big_hug: We regularly play Tennis, basketball, Carom, Table tennis and Wii. And no politics here, no shomity also.

I wanna move there... Here in KC its growing too fast but with old people only so only dawat and dawat no khela dula :(

BTW FOBANA keo ashben naki this weekend?

Tigers_eye
August 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
I'll be at Atlanta inshallah this weekend. Our college batch is having a reunion. That is why was searching for Pagol-Chagol (Atlanta) eariler. Last time I saw him was 21/22 years back.

They do play Tennis I think at Warrensburg (weekend). If not make them. ami thela dibo ei dik thekay.

Nasif
August 30, 2007, 10:11 AM
I'll be at Atlanta inshallah this weekend. Our college batch is having a reunion. That is why was searching for Pagol-Chagol (Atlanta) eariler. Last time I saw him was 21/22 years back.

MCC reunion? Enjoy :up: :)
Didn't know Pagol-Chagol is also an ex.

Ehsan
August 30, 2007, 10:17 AM
Two things that we must have learnt to a certain extent during our stay with BC are 1) To co-exist peacefully with people of different and opposing opinions. 2)Attacking the message and not the messenger.

Bengaliprince176
September 3, 2007, 08:45 AM
ive alredi posted this once in the favourite BC members thread but ill copy it again becoz BC forum has been a great place for me-
"But a special mention has to go to everyone on this forum- sounds cheesy i knw- but i have a good reason. as an Indian from West Bengal, its easy for Bangladeshi posters to say, o, hes one fo those Kolkatan elites, hes still an Indian even if hes Bengali. but thats not the case at all!!! ive bin treated like a brother, and welcomed by all! ive always felt accepted here by the other posters, and because of that Bangladesh will always be my 2nd team, in fact who knows if my cousin in Dhaka makes it to National team maybe 1st team!! (he's 6 atm so maybe not!!). i shall be here a very long time because of ur freidnly support not just to me but other international posters who have said the same thing. thank u BC forum and to u all my brothers and sisters"

on a lighter side- i realised i say phrases like "lol" and other shorcuts too many times..... lol.....whoops

Dhruvo
September 4, 2007, 11:05 PM
looks like bengaliprince bhaiya has learned quiet a few things from here.

zahid
September 6, 2007, 03:00 PM
BanglaCricket taught me that we - the supporters are all fools for following our pathetic team and wasting our time.

No Offence meant.

Kabir
September 6, 2007, 03:32 PM
Two things that we must have learnt to a certain extent during our stay with BC are 1) To co-exist peacefully with people of different and opposing opinions. 2)Attacking the message and not the messenger.

Somehow, it reminded me of our get-together last winter. I'm rolling on the floor laughing...coz at that time, everytime someone made a personal attack, I knew who will come and post this as a response to the offensive post.

On a different note, I like Ehsan...chele bhalo, khali ektai problem. Patro market e ghora ghori korche, but patrir obhabe patro ekla roye gelo. Haire kopal!

What BC taught me?
The biggest thing it taught me is that life in cyberspace does transcend to our real lives...as one of my researches during my undergrad was based on this (anyone read "A rape in cyberspace"??). More than what I've learnt about cricket, I've learnt that when we are given an opportunity to speak out and be ourselves, everyone can be friends. At BC, I've made friends with people ranging from age 11 to 45 (or may be even more than 45). We're different individuals...so our opinions will be different. What's important is not the opinions, but the individual's attitude based on his/her maturity.

Dhruvo
September 11, 2007, 06:55 PM
Somehow, it reminded me of our get-together last winter. I'm rolling on the floor laughing...coz at that time, everytime someone made a personal attack, I knew who will come and post this as a response to the offensive post.

On a different note, I like Ehsan...chele bhalo, khali ektai problem. Patro market e ghora ghori korche, but patrir obhabe patro ekla roye gelo. Haire kopal!

What BC taught me?
The biggest thing it taught me is that life in cyberspace does transcend to our real lives...as one of my researches during my undergrad was based on this (anyone read "A rape in cyberspace"??). More than what I've learnt about cricket, I've learnt that when we are given an opportunity to speak out and be ourselves, everyone can be friends. At BC, I've made friends with people ranging from age 11 to 45 (or may be even more than 45). We're different individuals...so our opinions will be different. What's important is not the opinions, but the individual's attitude based on his/her maturity.
lol you seemed to learn quiet alot from banglacricket.com.

Dhruvo
September 15, 2007, 08:39 AM
yo anyone else learnt something from here ?

Novo
October 5, 2007, 11:21 AM
I leart many things from here so fastly,when i joined bc i leart good manners,then i leart how to talk to people kindly, i leart many more things but i forgot it lol, i am sure that i will learn many more things from here soon.

Xavier
October 6, 2007, 01:16 PM
1. Bangladesh cricket fans are passionate!
2. Whenever Bangladesh loses it's Alok Kapali's fault...
3. Bangladesh doesn't win much but time will come!
4. Bangla words I learnt: bhai means dear/mate and pagol means crazy (I guess...)

Nafi
October 6, 2007, 01:33 PM
what did banglacricket teach you,it taught me dicipline and thanks to reverse_swing .

Ive always believed reverse_swing has always had an umbrella stuck where the sun dont shine. :floor:

Ive learnt than bangladeshi fans are the most pessimistic of them all.

Nocturnal
October 6, 2007, 05:15 PM
4. Bangla words I learnt: bhai means dear/mate and pagol means crazy (I guess...)

Xavier bhai, you are pagol for your home team Roma, isn't it? :-p

ialbd
October 6, 2007, 05:29 PM
I learn sth new from every new thread/post..... thats why I read all but post less....:)

Xavier
October 6, 2007, 05:48 PM
Xavier bhai, you are pagol for your home team Roma, isn't it? :-p

Yes, caro Nocturnal, and you are pazzo for Bangladesh cricket team, isn't it?;)

BanCricFan
October 6, 2007, 06:13 PM
!
2. Whenever Bangladesh loses it's Alok Kapali's fault...

Xavier bhai, sorry for being pedantic but "bhai" literally means brother. I think brother is more endearing to mate- of course, if you're not locking horns over who gets the family cups as inheritence.;)

BTW, one of my very best friends is called Xavier. He is Catalonian French. I havn't seen him for a couple of years now. Is that you?:big_hug:

Xavier
October 6, 2007, 06:25 PM
Xavier bhai, sorry for being pedantic but "bhai" literally means brother. I think brother is more endearing to mate- of course, if you're not locking horns over who gets the family cups as inheritence.;)

BTW, one of my very best friends is called Xavier. He is Catalonian French. I havn't seen him for a couple of years now. Is that you?:big_hug:

lol... sorry to disappoint you BanCricFan but I'm not French... I just got this nick because I like it and it's a bit similar to my real name which is Gabriele. If one day I'll meet a french called Xavier who had a friend from Bangladesh I will tell him about this site... the world is small!;)

Nocturnal
October 6, 2007, 07:03 PM
Yes, caro Nocturnal, and you are pazzo for Bangladesh cricket team, isn't it?;)

Si :)

BanCricFan
October 6, 2007, 07:46 PM
If one day I'll meet a french called Xavier who had a friend from Bangladesh I will tell him about this site... the world is small!;)

The world is small. Its getting even smaller (sign of the last days?)! Here is a story:

I was visiting a friend in Stockholm. There I met a friend of my friend and she asked me where I was before I came to Stockholm. "Germany"- I said. "Which town"- she asked. I said, "well, a very small town called Bremen which not many people know of". She probed, "where in Breme"? "Well, not exactly in Breme but about 20 km away in a small village called Fisherhude"- I replied. "I KNOW that place"-she said!
"Tell me, have you been to the 'staion haus' there"- she asked. Me- "yes, I have a friend who lives there". "Whats his name", she asked. "Jakob". "OMG! he is a friend of a friend of mine"- she exclaimed!

There you go...its a small world, indeed! :)

Dhruvo
April 9, 2008, 05:07 PM
today i learnt that we shouldnt shout to drop a player after every match we lose.

bdchamp20
April 10, 2008, 03:14 PM
today i learnt that we shouldnt shout to drop a player after every match we lose.
Really? BC taught me the opposite

Rumz_01
April 10, 2008, 04:33 PM
Dont talk to strangers..lol

Sovik
April 10, 2008, 08:02 PM
patience