PDA

View Full Version : Thin Bat?

Rubu
August 29, 2007, 03:44 PM
Interesting article in CI about Bell using a thinner bat only 2 1/2 inches long.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/308923.html

I did not really understood why this bat is better. Is it actually better against spin?

Why? because less edge to the keeper?

Gowza
August 29, 2007, 04:38 PM
the idea of the bat is to use it while warming up in the nets so that you get your eye in better. using a thinner bat in warm-up means you should middle the ball a bit better out in the middle with your normal sized bat. i use to own and use one when i played cricket in school.

Puck
August 30, 2007, 05:25 AM
donald bradman often practised with one wicket and a golf ball against a barrel. the idea is to get your hand eye coordination in tune for the battle to come. a thin and lighter bat also works in terms of working out your tecnique and going for that ball just the second earlier. players like muhammad azharudding played with much lighter bats than most others.

Padosan
August 30, 2007, 11:50 AM
"Thin" here means the width of the bat, the weight remains the same. This translates to "the bat with only the middle" so the batsman always has to play in the middle of the bat. If you are middling the ball well enuff in this thin bat, chances are you will be middling the ball well enuff in your normal bat too.

Sohel
August 30, 2007, 11:57 AM
Lakrhi and shukna lebu is still the way to go in parts of Kurhigram, taukta and tyanar ball if you're in northern Dinajpur ...

Puck
August 30, 2007, 06:38 PM
i guess a bell would be too big to be of any use..