PDA

View Full Version : Muralitharan ruled out of Twenty20 Championship

Yasin
August 30, 2007, 02:50 AM
Source : Cricinfo

Muttiah Muralitharan has sustained an elbow injury that will rule him out of next month's Twenty20 World Championship in South Africa. Dilruwan Perera, the offspinning allrounder who was on standby when the original squad was announced, is the likely to replace Murali.

"Murali is affected by an elbow injury and he will be out for four to six weeks," the secretary of the Sri Lankan cricket board, Kangadaran Mathivanan, told AFP. "He is definitely out of the Twenty20 [championship]."

Murali walked off the field with a right bicep strain after bowling more than 33 overs on the first day of Lancashire's game against Kent on Wednesday. Murali, who has an impressive haul of 201 wickets in 27 matches for Lancashire, was making his last county appearance this season and was scheduled to fly home over the weekend to join the Sri Lankan team's preparations for the Twenty20 tournament.

Dhruvo
August 30, 2007, 03:31 AM
yay !!! good for all the teams woohooo oh yeah oh yeah,murali was the danger man in 20 20 wc he is so hard to attack and also to defend and so tight but so what now he is not playing right so lets stay calm.

Buddhika_s
August 30, 2007, 04:12 AM
well he wasn't gonna play anyways. i don't really care hope he'll be fit for aussie tour.

Puck
August 30, 2007, 05:22 AM
i am not sure he would have had the same influence on a 20/20 match anyway..

rahman
August 30, 2007, 09:25 AM
well sri lanka lost one of their top soldire

Sohel
August 30, 2007, 09:33 AM
T20 is a batsman's game, 4 overs aren't enough for any bowler to make a difference, possibly except for the likes of Murali.

Buddhika_s
August 30, 2007, 11:19 AM
well sri lanka lost one of their top soldire

a lot of people didn't want him to play and get tired, hope he'll be fit for australia.

but then again look. now Lokuarachi, bandara or chandana can get a chance and get some wickets and runs.

Yasin
August 30, 2007, 01:22 PM
T20 is a batsman's game, 4 overs aren't enough for any bowler to make a difference, possibly except for the likes of Murali.

You said it. As Ponting says for batsmen, the same is for bowlers too. A good bowler is a good bowler is a good bowler.

Puck
August 30, 2007, 06:37 PM
i think i would like to make the balls softer for 20/20..